**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What's Coming up in March

124»

Comments

• DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

But it’s silly to say that since there would have been a new champ anyway that it’s somehow ok to just keep putting out new versions of the same champs instead of making the existing versions fit for the current state of the game. It isn’t.

Dr. Zola

No, the fact that there an established schedule of adding new champs simply makes the theory that a new CM is being added as a cash grab a ridiculous theory, which is what I was replying to. The reason why it is ok to make new versions of the same champ is because multiple versions of the "same" champ [i]actually exist[/i]. The MCU version of Captain Marvel is literally no more the same as the originally added Captain Marvel as Punisher 2099 is the same as original Punisher, or Miles Morales is the same champ as OG Spider-man, just with different origins. These are different entities in different realities.
    Punisher is Frank Castle. Punisher 2099 is Jake Gallows (with different weapons and backstory)

Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Miles Morales is the Earth-1610 Spider-Man (with different powers and backstory).

Classic CM is Carol Danvers. New CM is Carol Danvers.

Nice try, my friend.

Dr. Zola
    MCU's Carol Danvers is not the same person in any way shape or form of the original 616 Carol Danvers. Not the same person. Not the same origin story. Not the same character history. Not the same powers. MCU's Carol Danvers is as much the same person as classic Carol Danvers as Peter Parker is the same person as Miles Morales. The only thing that is identical between them is their names.

This is not a matter of opinion. This is canonical according to Marvel, who designates the MCU as a completely different reality, and not just "the film version" of Earth-616. If you want to argue the point, argue it with the only people who can change it, which would be Marvel.
    Only thing is... the game itself ignores this often. Like 616 Dr. Strange knowing MCU Mordo...
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

But it’s silly to say that since there would have been a new champ anyway that it’s somehow ok to just keep putting out new versions of the same champs instead of making the existing versions fit for the current state of the game. It isn’t.

Dr. Zola

No, the fact that there an established schedule of adding new champs simply makes the theory that a new CM is being added as a cash grab a ridiculous theory, which is what I was replying to. The reason why it is ok to make new versions of the same champ is because multiple versions of the "same" champ [i]actually exist[/i]. The MCU version of Captain Marvel is literally no more the same as the originally added Captain Marvel as Punisher 2099 is the same as original Punisher, or Miles Morales is the same champ as OG Spider-man, just with different origins. These are different entities in different realities.
    Punisher is Frank Castle. Punisher 2099 is Jake Gallows (with different weapons and backstory)

Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Miles Morales is the Earth-1610 Spider-Man (with different powers and backstory).

Nice try, my friend.

Dr. Zola
    MCU's Carol Danvers is not the same person in any way shape or form of the original 616 Carol Danvers. Not the same person. Not the same origin story. Not the same character history. Not the same powers. MCU's Carol Danvers is as much the same person as classic Carol Danvers as Peter Parker is the same person as Miles Morales. The only thing that is identical between them is their names.

This is not a matter of opinion. This is canonical according to Marvel, who designates the MCU as a completely different reality, and not just "the film version" of Earth-616. If you want to argue the point, argue it with the only people who can change it, which would be Marvel.
    very true.
    most champs in this game follow either earth 616 or MCU.
    what confuses me however is where we have 3 versions of CA.
    OG CA is earth 616.
    but both WWii and CAIW are MCU.

and ok New Cap Marvel is MCU,
    but we already have 2 earth 616 versions of Carol Danvers. MM and CM.

dont get me wrong i love the new CM and am happy they added her

• AdityaLohia2100AdityaLohia2100 Posts: 64
    my birthday on 21st march
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Aramarth said:

Hi, i think they sould give people, that rankup the old cap marvel, the chance to downgrade the hero as a compensation for a different treatment.

Do you think they should do that for Hulk? Captain America? Spidey? Iron Man?
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

? Compensation for what? Different treatment from who?
    Maybe they should give you a legends title also!

Not to be a jerk but... who and why do so many people complain about unfair treatment when something new is released.
    It gets so old.....
    Aramarth said:

Hi, i think they sould give people, that rankup the old cap marvel, the chance to downgrade the hero as a compensation for a different treatment.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I really wish I could get info on this Nick Fury thing. If there's a chance to choose an awakening gem and it's attainable, that's an account-changer for me. I've got a 4/55 in every class but Tech that would get significantly better (Blade, Iceman, Void, Medusa, Ghost Rider).

If it's like the elemental crystals where I'm spinning for a miniscule chance at a gem, I'll write that off as a lost cause and maybe try to race through some content for an extra Blade spin before that crystal disappears.
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    I think having 2 Captain Marvels has something to do with the movie's story.

I'm theorizing there will be 2 Captain Marvel in the movie and one of them is a skrull. In "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", Nick Fury said to cap: "Last time I trusted someone I lost an eye". I guess Nick Fury is talking about the skrull Captain Marvel.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Nice try, my friend.

Dr. Zola

Only thing is... the game itself ignores this often. Like 616 Dr. Strange knowing MCU Mordo...
    I don't think the game ignores this so much as it lets this fall within the ambiguity of what Battlerealm actually is. On the one hand, the champions there seem to have a connection to entities outside of Battlerealm: there are 616-like champions and MCU-like champions, plus others. On the other hand, it isn't clear that they are literally those champions pulled out of those realities, since for example they can be literally fighting themselves in some fights. The most logical explanation that is mostly consistent with what's going on in Battlerealm is that the champions in it are "copies" of their alternate reality selves that have been created in the Battlerealm universe from their source dimensions. That explains how we have not only different alternate reality versions of some champions, but also different temporal versions of the same champion from different moments in time (Iron Man, Superior Iron Man; Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel).

This is also two different layers of abstraction. The rationale for the company Kabam to make a new game entity in the game MCOC is that this is a representation of a different fictional character in the intellectual property of Marvel Entertainment. That's a "real world" explanation for "real world" events. Why the champions interact with each other in certain ways within the game world requires rationales within that fictional world. The real world explanation is probably nothing more than "because they wanted to interconnect the champions across worlds."
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I thought updated spotlights would be dropped for Gamora/SheHulk/SpiderGwn before the update tomorrow
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Rotelly said:

I thought updated spotlights would be dropped for Gamora/SheHulk/SpiderGwn before the update tomorrow

It’s still Monday in US. Update is scheduled for Wednesday.

• NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Still no announcement of this months EQ?
    Nikskini said:

Still no announcement of this months EQ?

Be patient. It's still more than 24 hours away.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    arsjum said:

Rotelly said:

Now it’s Tuesday bro. I don’t have a lot of confidence.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

arsjum said:

Rotelly said:

It always comes out on Tuesday. Usually in a few hours.
    V1PER1987 said:

mbrace said:

arsjum said:

Rotelly said:

People need to be patient. There's a lot of content and anticipation being built up. Dudes need to relax.

V1PER1987 said:

mbrace said:

arsjum said:

Rotelly said:

People need to be patient. There's a lot of content and anticipation being built up. Dudes need to relax.
    Nothing wrong with wanting to be extra prepared for the fun and interactive content.
    What additional preparation could people possibly be doing the next 24 hours?