**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike just want to ask will these requirements be the same for lower players on the lower difficulty’s many of them wouldn’t have large rosters
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

...doesn’t fall under Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, nor is she X-Men and X-Force, nor Spider-verse Heroes, Sinister Six, and Symbiote, nor Mercenaries and Robots.

Should I file this under the heading of “Significant Oversight”?

Dr. Zola

Because she is none of those things.
    Right. She’s just a supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out this month. Got it.

Dr. Zola
    Your point? It’s not her event.

I’m confident my point is abundantly clear.

If it’s a Nick event alone, then perhaps you’d like to elucidate why S.H.I.E.L.D. hashtag champs aren’t included?

Dr. Zola
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    cheers @Kabam Miike
  • jwilliekjwilliek Posts: 10
    Any chance y’all can drop in a gold event or special offer to help us ready our intel-gathering champs?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Can anyone make a list of the Champions that won't be used at all during this event? I like new content, but if this is the direction Act 6 is going to take it may be just what I needed to get a life back. I didn't mind the class restrictions. But knowingly cutting out 5 of the top 7 champs in the game is just so you Kabam. Honestly, I would say if the difficulty of this epic is on par with that of chapter 2 Marvel quest then I will consider this a poorly executed money grab. Till I see the oaths themselves I will only consider this the ground work for setting up Act 6 and removing 75% of peoples top champs.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Dr. Zola, it’s literally called “NICK FURY’S RECON INITIATIVE.” It’s not a Captain Marvel event, it’s a Nick Fury event

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Can we get a list of characters with those tags? Would be nice to be provided with a comprehensive list of characters and tags most games provide that stuff for their players and I'm sure theres a spreadsheet that its kept on.

Thanks!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Can we get a list of characters with those tags? Would be nice to be provided with a comprehensive list of characters and tags most games provide that stuff for their players and I'm sure theres a spreadsheet that its kept on.

Thanks!

A list has already been provided.
  • edited March 2019
    Zuko_ILC said:

Thanks!

You'll get the Champions of the week every week in a Message, but we've also posted one here and edited the first post in this Thread to link to it. You can find it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/756183/#Comment_756183
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Thanks!

You'll get the Champions of the week every week in a Message, but we've also posted one here and edited the first post in this Thread to link to it. You can find it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/756183/#Comment_756183
    Awesome Thanks!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

...doesn’t fall under Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, nor is she X-Men and X-Force, nor Spider-verse Heroes, Sinister Six, and Symbiote, nor Mercenaries and Robots.

Should I file this under the heading of “Significant Oversight”?

Dr. Zola

Because she is none of those things.
    Right. She’s just a supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out this month. Got it.

Dr. Zola
    Your point? It’s not her event.

I’m confident my point is abundantly clear.

If it’s a Nick event alone, then perhaps you’d like to elucidate why S.H.I.E.L.D. hashtag champs aren’t included?

Dr. Zola

Nick Fury doesn't need intel on his own Team. He knows everything he needs to know about each and every person in SHIELD.
    Thank you! That’s actually an explanation I can live with! Now, how about CM? You couldn’t at least throw the old girl a lifeline?

Dr. Zola
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

What makes you think that will be the most difficult? In the Gwenpool event, there was little difficulty increase by week, if any.

Does the new avengers tag qualify for avengers?

I wish. I have 5* Hype at r4.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    edited March 2019

The Crystal costs 5000 Intel, and it’s only possible to get 5740 Intel from normal play.

???

V1PER1987 said:

Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

The war on Blade continues. He can't be used for this event. Corvus either. This is what will happen in Act 6 too I suspect

Funny because you can still use these champs in story, EQ, AW, AQ, arena, etc. it’s just one side quest. How dare they provide a challenge you can’t steamroll with the same champs.
    Thanks for your unnecessarily rude and snarky response sunshine :smiley: It just seems to be a lazy way to get around designing content. But enjoy.
    If it's that big of a problem for you, don't do the content.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to this event. And some of u guys complain about everything
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    Drooped2 said:

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this event. And some of u guys complain about everything

Agreed I'm excited to see people who claim how good they are without their blades and corvus.
    Hope this is on par with variant personally love the challenges and limits
    but i also have domino, lol
    edited March 2019
    Libatard said:

So let’s say you had bad RNG when it comes to Spider verse champs and you have none. Does that mean you can’t even participate in that week. Fun and interactive Kabam at its best.

What about the people who don't have the RNG luck to pull a Corvus? Also, they say in the release that there are ways to get the champs.

"For those of you that may need to expand your roster, special Crystals containing Champions that can enter these Quests will be available each week of the Event. Yes, that includes unreleased 2 Star Version of some of these Champions!"
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Ugh there's gonna be some rough weeks here. If this is not too much more difficult than Uncollected should be workable with 4*, I hope.

I don't think I'm going for that AG...I got 4 techs right now and I'm not grinding for a month for a chance at numero cinco. I'll take some t5b and maybe t2a and call this one done.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Thanks!

Won't they also be filtered out when selecting your quest team so you only see available the champs you can use? Or we'll have to check the list every time we need to select a team?
  • Crys23 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Thanks!

Won't they also be filtered out when selecting your quest team so you only see available the champs you can use? Or we'll have to check the list every time we need to select a team?

Yes! They will be filtered, but wanted to let you all know what they are in advance as well.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    edited March 2019
    A children of Thanos chapter and tag wouldn't hurt though lol. We'd need more in game 1st
  • Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Posts: 113
    It’s pretty simple. We will be using champs that we mostly reserve for arena fodder, for the most part. I always read comments from the majority of the higher skilled players (not all) saying to “get gud”, maybe it’s time to quit **** and follow your own advice on the matter. For the higher skilled players who actually give advice and help the lower level players and all the other average players like myself, enjoy the challenge and have fun.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    RIP ghost rider and red hulk
    Crkwest said:

RIP ghost rider and red hulk

What?