**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    Let's face you won't be doing act 6 for a long time. When you finally do you'll be here crying about stuff like you've been doing recently about stuff the community was bringing up a long time ago.

You're just spouting your nonsense like you normally do when things like this happen filling up this thread with spam
    How many years now, and you're still jumping in and taking personal shots at me? You think you'd move on from that by now, but you just never stop. If you think I take it to table, you're wrong. I could care less when I turn the laptop off. Probably best to move on because I don't give a flying #### what you think of me.
    All these years an you're still chatting utter nonsense an trolling threads. Still talking about content you can't or haven't done, thought you'd have moved on from that, but you never stop.
    I would have disagreed with you if I didn’t know that GW has only recently became UC and was commenting on UC content for a long time. 😂😂
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    Oh, I read it and it was all just b.s. As I said, it was the expected rhetoric that tries to hide the fact that this restriction will cause us to rank up unduped 5*s that we have duped 5/50s of, lose synergies which will cost potions, and basically make us refocus our entire team building strategy which, personally, is going to cost tons of rank up materials...., MONEY.

I have 47 5/50s because I never saw the point in ranking up an unduped 5* that would likely never see r4. Why would I do that? Because they’re viable in all content... except now they’re not.

And...,because they never said “it was for more money “, you assumed I didn’t read it? That’s pretty freak’n funny.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The gating is just a way to force us to rank garbage 5s or to sit by and watch others collect prizes...it stinks...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    This isn't for the players! It is to sell awakening and skill to us and is part of the ever expanding pay to play/win game they want this to become. Sad, you use the game like it a bleed attack that drains money instead of blood! Gonna drain the life blood out of the game instead! Do you really think lower tier players are gonna stick around to gather the stuff to rank 30 or 40 5 stars just to be able to play at all? LOL a handful are there already, the rest of us??? Got a feeling many of us will be out of here after 6 launches.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    If you can't see where it has to do with money you can't comprehend the things you read.

Their entire 'explanation' about previous gating was doing so based on summoner level, or PI or owning a specific character.... not about limiting a roster based on their star level. I say this as someone who has a pretty extensive five star library. It's a bogus call.

Still wondering where the money explanation comes into it? Fine, I'll help you out.... it was somewhere around "...it's a protective measure..." Protective for whom exactly? Us? No. Obviously not. They're sick and tired of us beating their content with four star characters so they push this to prevent exactly that. To sell more crystals hoping people will buy them and expand their five star roster to complete this content. Then they spit in our faces and provide us with a crystal that gives us useless characters and you ask for more.

I'm so glad that heroes were just released with amazing Wolverine synergies. To bad they're utterly useless now.
    They don't want people using 4*s. That's about as plain as it gets.
    Read my post again. That's EXACTLY what I said. I said they revealed their true intentions when they called it a "protective measure". It's protective for THEM. Not for US. They're trying to prevent us from going through their content with 4* heroes, using 4* heroes to supplement our roster, whether it be for synergies or to fill gaps.

I just encouraged you to read between the lines. What's a quick way for people to get more 5* characters? Pay for crystals and pay to grind content faster.

I removed it from my last post but legitimately, stop being their little lap dog.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    So I really didn’t see anything in your reasoning that actually gives a reason why 4*s aren’t allowed...
    But hey, atleast if you wanted a pointless new 4* featured champ from arena I suspect the cutoff is about to become considerably lower...
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    Dshu said:

By the logic of the response from kabam unless I'm missing something anyone who has attained the title of elders bane should no longer receive phc 3* 4* or grandmaster crystals has a reward for completion of any content. Act 6 is the next step in the story and having completed all previously released content there is no need for any champ below the 5* rating. They are saying that this is the new gate to ensure the players have a unique and enjoyable experience so in order to receive that and meet the standards of their gate they need to restructure rewards for anyone who has the elders bane title. The fact that 4*s at rank 4 and up have higher stats than rank 1 5*s (which meet the requirement) is not relevant because you will obviously enjoy your experience more using that rank 1 5*. Unless kabam removes the hard gate of 5* and up champions they need to restructure immediately all rewards for players with elders bane titles to match the requirements they have placed on future game content. This is not an unreasonable demand since they have stated that this is the requirement for entering and nowhere at the end of completing act 5 does it tell the player congratulations for completion of act 5 your roster will now be reset and only champs with a 5* rating and above will be allowed to continue. At no time since the completion of act 5 has kabam notified the community of the decrease in value of any champ below a 5* rating after the completion of act 5 but they have continued to sell rankup offers and awakening offers for 4* and below champions. This is a total show of disrespect to the player base and it needs to be corrected. if you want to gate champion access to act 6 at a champion rating equal to an unranked L1 5* that's fine any higher and you have created an unfair system that is penalizing the player base for your games rng.

This. Exactly this.

Limit Act 6 to 5* characters? Okay.
    But why then not also increase the odds for champions to attain those characters?

You're all about gating right? So grant additional perks to summoners whom have attained 'Elder's Bane'.
    FGMC are cheaper, 5* crystals cost 7500 instead of 10k.

The Cavalier crystal? Remove 3* completely because that's a massive insult.
    Keep 4* because they will provide 5* shards, but increase the odds of pulling a 5/6*, even if it's marginal. Legitimately, what is the point of granting a 3* character here?

Raise the summoner level from 60 to 75 or 100.
    Grow the 5* crystal pool faster. Introduce Wolverine and SW for example and don't charge us 5k for a chance at a 3* version of them.

You just broad-stroke these changes, certainly didn't think about it at all and that's why you needed to take a day to 'organize a response' let alone drop it on the community a week prior to the release. This should have been a discussion we started when it was first considered.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Kabam DK said:

BORN AGAIN
    Power Struggle - The Attacker cannot gain Power during the fight through normal means. Each time the Defender reaches a full bar of Power, the Attacker is granted one as well and whenever the Defender launches a Special Attack, the Attacker loses an equal amount of Power.
    This one is all about a “use it or lose it” mentality - you’ll want to make sure you’re keeping an eye on your Opponent’s power and how it relates to your own. Characters who can control power using their specials, like Vision or Magik, will excel here.

The last part does show the players Act 6 is targeted at. Not the skilled players, but the ones who were able to spend 150$ worth of units for a 5* Vision (300$ for the awakening)...
    It doesn´t have anything to do with skill. Got 5000-10000 units you can spend? Cool: Act 6 is for you!

A ton of champs can control power with their specials, not just vision
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Act 6 sounds like a discombobulated mess.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Voltolos said:

AndiYTDE said:

Kabam DK said:

BORN AGAIN
    Power Struggle - The Attacker cannot gain Power during the fight through normal means. Each time the Defender reaches a full bar of Power, the Attacker is granted one as well and whenever the Defender launches a Special Attack, the Attacker loses an equal amount of Power.
    This one is all about a “use it or lose it” mentality - you’ll want to make sure you’re keeping an eye on your Opponent’s power and how it relates to your own. Characters who can control power using their specials, like Vision or Magik, will excel here.

The last part does show the players Act 6 is targeted at. Not the skilled players, but the ones who were able to spend 150$ worth of units for a 5* Vision (300$ for the awakening)...
    It doesn´t have anything to do with skill. Got 5000-10000 units you can spend? Cool: Act 6 is for you!

A ton of champs can control power with their specials, not just vision
    Then why did they specifically mention Vision and not them? This just shows the true audience Act 6 is dedicated to: The big whales
    Because Vision is the only champ who can drain power on all three specials
  • TheMartTheMart Posts: 22
    #reversethisdecision
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    One of the best responses to this whole idea for Act 6..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXBm94fS-Y
  • NonvtecNonvtec Posts: 11
    Banning certain champions like this is undercutting so much for so many people. I for one bring lower level champs just for synergies a lot of times with no plans on actually using them in the fight. Getting champs like blade or ghost that are so much more useful with gr, stark, antman, and wasp that we have invested a lot of resources in ranking up are now weakened because we have to have 5 or 6 star versions of all of them. This coupled with the excessive number of paths is major steps back for this game. I understand the need to make the game content level up, but crippling a large majority of your customers is not he way to do it. Yet again you are forgetting about the people that have not had the luck to pull awesome champs or the money to throw at the fgmc crystals to guarantee that they have this champs. I really hope you take the feedback from the community and make changes to these aspects of Act 6 before it is released and don't have another instance like 12.0.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Kabam DK said:

BORN AGAIN

Wow, did they even realize they put a recommend in on an ultra restricted 5* on a post attached to a “no 4*” rule?
  • HC_BossHC_Boss Posts: 34

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the discussion on this topic. There’s been a lot of constructive feedback and thoughts, and it’s been valuable to us for considerations and internal discussion. We wanted to be clearer with our intentions, and better clarify why we want to do this and how it aligns with our past direction in the game.

This is not the first time we’ve hard-gated something behind a form of progression. We use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities, but also because we’re game developers and we have some intended play experiences in mind that we--through both iteration and personal gameplay experience--believe smooth out the ride and make the whole thing as enjoyable as possible.

At level 50-60, it's easy to forget that for much of an early player’s experience they are bumping into padlock icons all over the quests menu:

- A multitude of our arenas cannot be played without specific Champion rarities, and to be competitive requires a lot of them.
    - Normal and Heroic difficulty event quests are locked behind levels 12 and 25, respectively.
    - Master was, for a long time, gated monthly behind the 100% exploration of its Heroic counterpart.
    - Uncollected difficulty requires not only reaching level 40, but completion of Act 5, Chapter 2.
    - Even entering Beginner asks you to be level 6!

And this is just looking at the monthly event quests. Dungeons need you to have a sizeable count of certain rarities before you can access the very same ones. Side Quests follow similar locking mechanics to the Monthly Events, and we’ve used gating methods both inter-quest (Dimensional Rifts and their shards) and more explicit (Danger Rooms rarity requirements, the current Recon Missions) to craft a specifically targeted experience or to more tightly tune the content we’re making.

On the topic of tuning, that is our goal when using more stringent requirements in quests. Back Issues #1 used this explicitly with the Class requirements; we did this so we could build areas in each quest where lesser-used Champions could stand out--Hawkeye’s power drain capabilities in Chapter 1, Quest 1, for example--and be important for strategy where they normally would not. We’re aiming to do similar things in Back Issues #2, with a different approach. (More on that soon!)

One reason we do this is because of how progression changes over time. Once you’ve achieved Level 60, we lose a numerical value of your time and experience in the game. The gap between a fresh 60 and a veteran 60 can be massive, just like in many other MMO games. One of the best ways we have to continue using those gates as both protective and progression measure is targeting the baseline strength and breadth of your roster.

Act 6 (and other content) is built with specific challenges in mind. The requirement of 5 and 6-Stars is a broader application of the idea, but it allows us to build a more tightly-constructed experience around a more specific box of playstyles. Making one-size fits all content for an immense player toolbox can lead to things being more watered down and general, rather than the specific moments we can make when we know the lower and upper limits of each player as a matter of fact.

Lastly, this is permanent content. When we place strict requirements on a Side Quest, it’s a gold rush; there’s only ~30 days to build or enhance a team for the quest in question, and it can be a real crunch to get it done. (I myself am going to have a hell of a time with the Avengers leg of the Recon Missions.) Act 6 is going to be around forever. If you can’t get into it right away, that’s alright. It’ll wait for you!

Again I appreciate the discussion around this, and when we say we’re taking your feedback we mean it. When there are lots of opinions and discourse around a topic like this, we take it seriously. I’ve already had two meetings today to chat about it with a variety of teams. I hope my points better explain our stance on gating content, and why we feel comfortable doing it here in the way we are.

This is illogical in my eyes as it will be fated as you’ll have to complete act 5 first but for you to ban the 4* champs you should make 5* more accessible to the mediocre players like if explored act 5 cut all 4* rewards out and only give 5* shards as rewards the longer people leave act 6 the further behind they get and all cause there being forced to waiting for the right champs from 5* crystals that is a joke not one game ever created has ever prevented there players at least completing the story mode add the 4* ban in a monthly that’s fine but not in the story mode if this does not change you’ll force players to either sell there 2* 3* and 4* rosters to get the 5* roster or a chance to get 5* roster you so think everyone has
    I myself have 100% act 5 but I did that using mostly 4* cause your rng system sucks I don’t get the good champions and I can’t see any of your content creators or even yourselves completing act 6 with the likes of
    Groot
    Old man Logan
    Blue cyclops
    Etc
    These are my rewards for the content so far I’ve dropped champs like these all the times and the good champs I had to do 4* arena to get this needs to change as it’s screwing literally 60% of your player base and I will quit and play a different game if this is your logic think from a player point you’ll be slowing down progression causing more frustration and will cause this game to die even quicker than it already is and if this game dies where will your money come from then
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    So, for those of us that don’t speak “game developer”, is this about synergies? Is it about champs that never made the 5/6* cut? What is it about someone popping in with a SW that makes being creative difficult? Why can’t you build this precisely as if the player only has 5/6*, and then if they show up with 4* they get nuked by the content, and that’s on them? What’s the downside FOR US if you let 4* in?
  • MercLieutenantMercLieutenant Posts: 27
    No 4*? That is P2W!! Thats it im quiting this game for good!