Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

1727374757678»

Comments

• ThespusThespus Posts: 43
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom
    6:11PM
    I don't believe anyone made the argument that it doesn't matter. At least not that I've read. I think the main argument is that there is a very important reason for it. Naturally, it matters to people who have to make an effort to adapt to it, but that is really not different than any other new challenge that comes where people aren't immediately prepared.

Well, when we were warned a week before act 6 opened, I’m not sure how prepared one could be.
    DNA 300
    This would seem to significantly devalue any attempt to roster strategize.

What strategy is there for overcoming persistent bad rng?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,309 ★★★★★
    Thespus said:

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom
    6:11PM
    I don't believe anyone made the argument that it doesn't matter. At least not that I've read. I think the main argument is that there is a very important reason for it. Naturally, it matters to people who have to make an effort to adapt to it, but that is really not different than any other new challenge that comes where people aren't immediately prepared.

Well, when we were warned a week before act 6 opened, I’m not sure how prepared one could be.

What would be the point of having a progress gate if people were given all the time they needed to prepare? That wouldn't be a gate at all. More like a peforated curtain.
    81 5 and 6* champs. Of the 45 or so left for me to acquire nearly half are the god tier or at least the ones that are powerful bleed immune. I’m not asking for much. Throw me a Luke Cage and I’ll have something to at least work with. Lol.
    Sentinel? GR? Ms? Any bleed immune I can awaken who can do damage...... or let me use my 4*s
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,917 Guardian
    Thespus said:

DNA 300
    This would seem to significantly devalue any attempt to roster strategize.

What strategy is there for overcoming persistent bad rng?

I was commenting on the fact that first you asked for help, then asserted you were going to quit the game. That should seem to decrease the chance that anyone would invest any of their time trying to help you.

And the strategy I use for overcoming "persistent bad RNG" is to optimize my play to open more crystals, and to pick crystals that maximize the chances I will grow my roster in the directions I want, whether that is to gain new champions or duplicate existing champions. On a time scale of years, it seems to have worked out for me.

DorkLessons Dave just posted a video regarding how he intends to shift his grinding strategy that actually mirrors something I mentioned a while ago about Cavalier crystals: they alter the value of units, and that alters the optimum strategy for grinding arena based on the amount of time you have. That sort of thought process has governed my play since the beginning, going back to how I valued the 3* arena back in the day. We all ultimately play under the same random lootbox limitations, but that doesn't mean we are only at their mercy. Some of us surrender to the notion that they have no control, and some of us take control.

Resource management, and playing time is a resource, is an important part of the game. Players that don't do this well are set back just as much as players that don't intercept well.
    edited March 21
    Okay dude. But I doubt that anyone has opened more 5*s than I have grinding out resources. I tend to reach end of milestones in 3 arenas and average 6 5* pulls a month. I have. A second account that I never put that much work into and it just pulls better champs than my main account does. I think I’ve been pretty effective at taking control, managing resources, completing content, choosing offers. None of it matters if you keep pulling Groot and collossus. I also believe most people would have quit by now if they had my champs given the amount of time, money, effort has been put in. I’ve been around the block and I see those with good luck and those with bad. Mine has been bad but I keep beating content anyway. But, that’s only true because it’s been possible to grind out top 4*s. Top 5*s are NOT easy for me to come by (and by top I don’t even mean the elite champs, I mean the above average ones). But, pretend you know how I play, how I use my resources.... blame me. I understand why you do so. But, you’re wrong.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 21
    ^^^ I've pulled 20 5* champs since New Years. I'm a F2P player and have never touched 5* featured arena and stopped doing dungeons.

It does suck when those 20 champs are Loki, OG Cap Marvel, Xbones, Khan, Phoenix, and 6* Blackbolt. However, those pulls also included Korg, Iceman, Wasp & dupe, and Spidergwen (it sucked at the time because it was before the buff). My point is that more pulls = better chance of eventually getting something useful.
    And before you call me a basement-dwelling kid with hours of spare time, please know I also work a 9-5 job and have 2 kids along with a house to maintain.
    This content is designed to force players with "bad luck" to look deeper into their rosters if they are unwilling to wait. Yes I do have a Blade and Voodoo to carry me through a lot of fights, but I also used some non-typical champs quite a bit as well. Yondu was my go to for Sabretooth. Angela and Hela were my "synergy team" and provided some legitimate fire power of their own. I even brought my Jane Foster along for one trial run (it didn't work so I restarted without her).
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 304
    Thespus said:

Okay dude. But I doubt that anyone has opened more 5*s than I have grinding out resources. I tend to reach end of milestones in 3 arenas and average 6 5* pulls a month. I have. A second account that I never put that much work into and it just pulls better champs than my main account does. I think I’ve been pretty effective at taking control, managing resources, completing content, choosing offers. None of it matters if you keep pulling Groot and collossus. I also believe most people would have quit by now if they had my champs given the amount of time, money, effort has been put in. I’ve been around the block and I see those with good luck and those with bad. Mine has been bad but I keep beating content anyway. But, that’s only true because it’s been possible to grind out top 4*s. Top 5*s are NOT easy for me to come by (and by top I don’t even mean the elite champs, I mean the above average ones). But, pretend you know how I play, how I use my resources.... blame me. I understand why you do so. But, you’re wrong.

Screen shot champs bud! I bet you have some hidden gems in there

edited March 21
    never said I don’t have any good champs. Just that my immunity options suck and that playing through biohazard Cb will cost me a lot more than those who have had better luck. I’d be better off using 4*s

I’ll probably end up using suicides, boosting fully, and paying my way through using ultron and nebula who both hit like toddlers.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,455 ★★★★
    You have a Morningstar... stopped looking further down your roster after that.
    xNigxNig
    11:21PM

Notuped. Can you ramp her up unduped? I’ve never been able to.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,309 ★★★★★
    L3 I believe, no?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 689 ★★★
    Besides, there’s always Colossus if you’re desperate
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 238 ★★
    Thespus said:

never said I don’t have any good champs. Just that my immunity options suck and that playing through biohazard Cb will cost me a lot more than those who have had better luck. I’d be better off using 4*s

I’ll probably end up using suicides, boosting fully, and paying my way through using ultron and nebula who both hit like toddlers.

i think i was screwed by rng gods but after seeing your roster some of those pulls in 5* and 6* would have made me quit this game. my condolences bro hope you get some god tier champs soon.
  • AndiYTDEAndiYTDE Posts: 320 ★★★
    xNig said:

Tried CB with my 6* Morningstar. You cannot get any souls in the quest as that would mean taking a SP3 hit. Thus, Morningstar´s Sp1 cannot do enough damage to outdamage Vigor
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,455 ★★★★
    Thespus said:

xNigxNig
    11:21PM

Notuped. Can you ramp her up unduped? I’ve never been able to.

Yes you can. Her duped ability is mainly for D and that headstart on the soul.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Tried CB with my 6* Morningstar. You cannot get any souls in the quest as that would mean taking a SP3 hit. Thus, Morningstar´s Sp1 cannot do enough damage to outdamage Vigor
    Makes sense. Forgot about the global node.

• ReizueReizue Posts: 7

Hey Everybody,

We wanted to touch on the availability of 5-Star (and 6-Star) Champions. They have been and will continue to be a focus of the Content this year

Similar to Uncollected, reaching Cavalier is going to be major milestone for Summoners. After introducing Uncollected in Act 5 Ch 2, we rolled out content with rewards that helped Summoners reach that progress point, and from there have been adding content and rewards that have (and will) help Summoners reach Cavalier.

As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.

In preparation to the release of Act 6 we have accelerated the rate at which players can gain 5-Star Shards and the materials to Rank them up. Love Is a Battlerealm, Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, special events like the Road to Greatness Arena, and Monthly Calendars were designed with 5-Star escalation in mind.

Also, we are slowly adding older Characters as 5-Star Champions, while ensuring that overall game balance is factored into the Champion selection.

The requirements in Chapter 1 are set as a primer for rest of Act 6. Act 6 Chapter 2 and beyond will also have Champion Requirements, including some more stringent ones like paths that have Class Requirements for your entire team, and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Are you trying to make everybody quit