**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why all the 4* Act 6 complaints???

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
I honestly get why people are ticked off, yeah it ruins synergies and says “screw you” to all the SLs and Ægons that can compete with 5* with a rampup. It’s definitely a pain for people who finished Act 5

The thing is, there are still a majority of people who haven’t beaten it yet, and 4* will continue to be useful. I use my 4* Iceman in AQ because it’s added utility should a path with an evader or different DoT node need to be taken. People whining about it make it seem like the end of the world. It’s really not. Only for “end game” players who have beaten 5.4 and don’t have a big enough roster to do everything.

The thing is, it’s fine if you can’t complete something now. For me and my 4/55 Domino, I honestly could manage a LoL run, but it would cost me more units and time than I want to invest, so I will wait until I get some better 5* at 5/65 because I don’t care about it that much.

It’s not like one synergy will make or break your team. Yes I know there are highly synergy dependent champions, but if you can’t do it without, maybe YOU AREN’T GOOD ENOUGH YET. Just because you could beat 5.4.6 Ultron with your Loki doesn’t mean 6.1 has to be easy. Having access to a 200 unit crystal with a 1% chance at a 6* shouldn’t be for any well-progressed player.

You guys complain about a content celling, and how noobs progress too easily, well guess what? Kabam tried to do that with this. You don’t have good enough champs? Sucks to suck it’s now based on roster, not money for revives.

Again, I understand why there is such anger, but honestly, not everyone is where you are in the game and this is the new uncollected status we are talking about. It shouldn’t be available to everyone with a handful of 4/55s.

Just some food for thought. Cheers :)

Comments

• Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    Guessing the OP got the special offer today.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 said:

Why create a new thread about this? What makes your opinion more important than everyone else’s commenting in the main thread.

Because mine is constructive and not rage fueled, simply put
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

If their best idea to increase difficulty is to not let people use champions that they worked hard and paid to aquire, then the only hope for this game to survive is if it gets bought by better company

I get your sentiment... but, I find it difficult to equate that to 4*s.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I dont mind the move to ban 4*s as I rarely use them now anyways but I do feel that if you've grown your roster to a predetermined size you should be able to, if you choose to, trade in 3 and 4 star champs for their 5* version. Say a 4/40 3* ghost and a 5/50 4* ghost plus a catalyst and gold requirement gets you a 5* ghost. Otherwise I really have no need for 3 and 4 star champs. Ill never rank another one up not even when I have expiring cats.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

axelelf_1 said:

Why create a new thread about this? What makes your opinion more important than everyone else’s commenting in the main thread.

it's not. no reason to stop people who don't have good 5* or 6*, but have decent skill, to complete some content. maybe your skills are not that good, but that's your problem. how can we tell people git gud in da game, it it won't be enough.
    also it could be ok if we could choose what champ to get as a 6*, but it will never happen.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Kabam set the standard by using synergies to prop up dated champs they couldn’t be bothered to revamp on their own. And that isn’t about making a champ OP it is about making them usable. This is Kabams bed that they have made. They’ve been hyping act six for ages, they appear to have hitched their entire meta-around it, and they set the standard for how we develop towards it. Then they pulled the shenanigans, and are now getting torched a bit for it.

Frankly, in the real world I run a hospital. What they’re getting right now is a tiny little drop in the hat, they get to hide far and away from their actual customer base, and get to charge a premium for creative work. It’s fine.
    edited March 2019
    Guys. I’m sure almost everyone missed this, but I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR THE 4* BAN TO STAY

I don’t like it, but there is a ridiculous degree of overwhelming rage. I know it’s hard to come to, I've had to learn this in my life as a perfectionist, but there comes a time where you just can’t meet the goal. It just doesn’t happen. Sometimes I’m just not good enough.

This is applicable to everyone who is a perfectionist.

Idk once again, not a fan of the ban, but seriously, chill.

I guess if it’s making me as upset as it is, maybe it will upset Kabam enough that they will change it, so...maybe keep complaining??? Lol

Guys. I’m sure almost everyone missed this, but I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR THE 4* BAN TO STAY

I don’t like it, but there is a ridiculous degree of overwhelming rage. I know it’s hard to come to, I've had to learn this in my life as a perfectionist, but there comes a time where you just can’t meet the goal. It just doesn’t happen. Sometimes I’m just not good enough. Folks who feel like they should be able to clear content they steamroll other content with and then realize the game is hard again are going to hit brick walls.

Idk once again, not a fan of the ban, but seriously chill.

You may be right, but after a career of taking deescalation courses, you know one thing I’ve found to NEVER get anyone to chill? Telling them to chill.
    I definitely won’t deny that @Lovejoy72

Evidence doesn’t work either. Appeasement works for awhile. I find antipsychotics the most effective.
    edited March 2019
    Lovejoy72 said:

Evidence doesn’t work either. Appeasement works for awhile. I find antipsychotics the most effective.
    Yup...I wish there was an EFFECTIVE way to calm people down...memes?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Reminds me of how we played before the heavy-hitters and Synergies. We got through it. Then again, Opponents weren't as strong. I still think people aren't as bad off as they think. There's always a way through content that doesn't involve AmEx. Lol.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

axelelf_1 said:

No. YOU think it’s special. YOU think your voice is more important. The only difference in your opinion and those in the main thread is that we/they aren’t narcissistic attention seeking.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    personally it wont bother me.
    i dont run synergies that often.
    I find my champs dont need it.
    5/65 Dusa, 5/65 CapIW, 4/55 Magik, as my main 3, then sitch out other spots depending on paths, maybe GULK, maybe AA, mabe Elektra, Maybe IMIW, you get the point.
    i find the royal family is not worth the 2 spots.
    I dont need the synergies.

but still.
    it doesnt mean i think its a good idea.
    doesnt mean i like it.
    i mean i just got 4* heimdall from the arena just for his synergy.
    he was my MVP for cap marcel Chpt 2

this wont affect me but it still is not the right move.
    another kinda gate would have been better

Lovejoy72 said:

Yup...I wish there was an EFFECTIVE way to calm people down...memes?

I think their misstep here was assuming that the game they are creating is a game to its players. But, you can do that with Mortal Combat, or some other mildly enjoyed franchise. This MCOC thing is more like a lifestyle product, like GOOP or essential oils, lol. It’s based in commitment and beliefs, relationships and investment. We have alliances and wars, we have YouTube communities, and our rosters and successes are personal. It’s uttetly silly and endemic of modern culture, but without it you couldn’t make whales.

And, when you screw with some vital component unilaterally, you get push back that is out of scale with a mere game.
  • Tahmkench911Tahmkench911 Posts: 61
    I don’t really care.
    Yea I am nowhere near being able to complete act6. Heck i’m still doing 5.3.
    The content is there forever... i’ll do it when i’m able to.

When i started the game. Was I pissed i couldn’t do act5 right away? Not at all. I knew I’d get there eventually. I knew I had to max some 3* in order to clear contents so I can finally get 4*
    I knew I had to max some 4* so i could clear some content in order to get 5s and clear more content. The game is about progression.

Furthermore, 5* shards are more readily available. Same with t2a.
    It’s also worth pointing out that most end-game content are easily beaten by end-game players. Using lower star champs on top of it. It makes sense to restrict the use of champs so that the act can’t be beaten in a day.

Now if you’re complaining about all the money spent on 4*, that’s now useless.... You guys do know that when the game dies... u will still have lost ure money right ?

It’s also just a game. You don’t like where it’s heading... stop playing?
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I think the issue is that players take this too seriously. Kabam created a GAME. It was not created to be a lifestyle, while some choose to make it one, that was not the point. As people continue to figure out ways to beat the content Kabam needs to figure out how to make it more challenging. Act 6 was billed as a "Rebirth" and a "New Contest" and it would appear it is one that does not include anything less than 5* star champions.

Everyone is worked up because they do not have their 5-8 favorite questing champions in 5* and 6* versions. Now those players will be forced to learn new champs or earn advanced versions of them. Guess we know why the Blade crystal was brought back around for everyone.

Personally I think it is great business for Kabam and a great opportunity for players. Kabam increases revenue with new and challenging content and players get to spread their wings and learn how to use new champs that You Tubers tell t hem they shouldn't use or upgrade.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    edited March 2019

I honestly get why people are ticked off, yeah it ruins synergies and says “screw you” to all the SLs and Ægons that can compete with 5* with a rampup. It’s definitely a pain for people who finished Act 5

The thing is, there are still a majority of people who haven’t beaten it yet, and 4* will continue to be useful. I use my 4* Iceman in AQ because it’s added utility should a path with an evader or different DoT node need to be taken. People whining about it make it seem like the end of the world. It’s really not. Only for “end game” players who have beaten 5.4 and don’t have a big enough roster to do everything.

The thing is, it’s fine if you can’t complete something now. For me and my 4/55 Domino, I honestly could manage a LoL run, but it would cost me more units and time than I want to invest, so I will wait until I get some better 5* at 5/65 because I don’t care about it that much.

It’s not like one synergy will make or break your team. Yes I know there are highly synergy dependent champions, but if you can’t do it without, maybe YOU AREN’T GOOD ENOUGH YET. Just because you could beat 5.4.6 Ultron with your Loki doesn’t mean 6.1 has to be easy. Having access to a 200 unit crystal with a 1% chance at a 6* shouldn’t be for any well-progressed player.

You guys complain about a content celling, and how noobs progress too easily, well guess what? Kabam tried to do that with this. You don’t have good enough champs? Sucks to suck it’s now based on roster, not money for revives.

Again, I understand why there is such anger, but honestly, not everyone is where you are in the game and this is the new uncollected status we are talking about. It shouldn’t be available to everyone with a handful of 4/55s.

Just some food for thought. Cheers :)

Not exactly sure getting garbage champs from a rng-based pulls falls into the “sucks to suck” category, but why not...place yourself in the a-hole chair for now.

Best guess is people were starting to cool down from the Kabam decision, but got back to raging when that hot-mess of 4* rankup deals came out just before the act 6 release

(Edit: apparently ka-scam is a no no?)

• 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    I believe the problem lies in the hype around act 6. People have been preparing for it for a long time. We knew it would be released sometime this year and thus players started to prepare their rosters. Kabam started the "Mysterious" in-game messages weeks ago, and everyone immediately knew it meant the coming of Act 6 was finally upon us. Suddenly we get to the date that we anticipated the release or at least a big statement about it, and indeed we get information. We get information that tells the community that some percentage of players that have been hyping this up and getting ready for this content won't be able to do it because RNG didn't give them good pulls. And of course it doesn't just affect them, it affects the whole community in some way. Very few players have every synergy available to them as a 5* or 6* champion. The anger would be a lot less significant if Kabam had told us 6 months ago that we wouldn't be able to use our 4*'s. We would have stopped grinding 4* arenas, we would have stopped upgrading our 4* champions in hopes of using them for some sort of utility in Act 6, and we wouldn't feel betrayed when this content that we've been preparing for many months in advance is set to release in a week and suddenly the rug is pulled out from under us. The issue is timing and hype. We were lead to believe that Act 6 would be a new fun chapter, and it might still be, but when the rules change just a week before release it leaves a sour taste in many summoner's mouths.
    Myself personally, I won't be affected too much by this restriction. I'm still not happy about it. I just finally got my 4* SW to R5 a few weeks ago and was hoping to try her out in harder content. And for everyone about to say "Just use her in the monthly Uncollected EQ", I do. And I have fun with her. She's not a counter to everything but she's fun to play. And I wish I were able to use this champ that I genuinely enjoy playing in act 6.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I’m curious if the game team will look into BrianGrant’ suggestion for the first chapter (1 run-through allows for 4* champ use)
  • PjangoPjango Posts: 4
    ChriissR said:

Actually, Synergies can make or break your team, especially for different paths.

I have a 5/65 Stark Spidey and Blade, but only a 4* GR. What if there's a path with mainly villians? I'm supposed to choose a different path or harder path because Kabam decides to ban 4* champs?

Synergies also make or break my 5* Ghost. I only have a 4* Wasp and Ant-Man? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about lmao

that's just it, these synergies aren't "game breaking," but still hold an advantage over all other teams, this will help you think outside the box. I rage like no other in this game, but I've come to cope with this, nothing we can do now, so why even worry about it. Not to sound like a corporate ***** or anything.
  • LegacyLegacy Posts: 4

Reminds me of how we played before the heavy-hitters and Synergies. We got through it. Then again, Opponents weren't as strong. I still think people aren't as bad off as they think. There's always a way through content that doesn't involve AmEx. Lol.

You referring to the time you could clear all content that existed easily as long as you had a 3* duped SW? And when SL also existed and Thor wasn't nerfed yet and ds was pretty much unkillable?
  • Hey there, we appreciate the feedback everyone has shared on the topic and would ask that you share your feedback and suggestions in the official discussion thread for this. This will make it easier for the team to be able to find and read everyone's feedback, while also keeping the forums free of clutter. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.