**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Automated defense placement if inactive

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Just because people want it doesn't mean it's helpful or fair. If they're not around to Place, that's just how it is. What you're saying is, change the system so your Alliance has a better chance of a Win, and that's not really helping anyone but your Ally.
    The point is, as I just pointed out, it allows people to be in Wars that they're not even around for.
    Thinking about the Alliance is the responsibility of the Leaders and Officers. Not me. I think about my own Ally. When someone doesn't Place, I do my best to work through it. Life happens. I'm not asking the whole system to change because someone has other stuff to do.
    This is the exact same argument for Piloting. "People have lives. They can't be around all the time.". Correct. When that happens, you're meant to be down a man. That's a natural occurrence. When you start talking about ways of people being around when they're not around, that becomes overly-fanatical. You're supposed to be down a man in those cases because the man wasn't free.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    KhalDJ said:

How much easier can they make this? You don’t even need to PLACE the defenders. All you need to do is lock in your team. The system already places them on random open spots if you didn’t do your own placement.

but when that happens the officers cant arrange defence.
    they are in limbo and don't appear for the officers to move them around.

Just because people want it doesn't mean it's helpful or fair. If they're not around to Place, that's just how it is. What you're saying is, change the system so your Alliance has a better chance of a Win, and that's not really helping anyone but your Ally.
    The point is, as I just pointed out, it allows people to be in Wars that they're not even around for.
    Thinking about the Alliance is the responsibility of the Leaders and Officers. Not me. I think about my own Ally. When someone doesn't Place, I do my best to work through it. Life happens. I'm not asking the whole system to change because someone has other stuff to do.
    This is the exact same argument for Piloting. "People have lives. They can't be around all the time.". Correct. When that happens, you're meant to be down a man. That's a natural occurrence. When you start talking about ways of people being around when they're not around, that becomes overly-fanatical. You're supposed to be down a man in those cases because the man wasn't free.

nah its not the same at all.
    its asking for a small little thing that can be helpful.
    not trying to justify cheating.

I am looking at it from a timing.
    for my benefit as a leader trying to arrange placement.
    if defence is auto placed I can do it when ever I want.

"Thinking about the Alliance is the responsibility of the Leaders and Officers. Not me. I think about my own Ally."
    seems very contradictory.
    you said before you are a leader.
    now you say its the leaders job but not yours.
    but then say you think of your own ally.
    this sentence makes 0 sense whatsoever.
    Drooped2 said:

I just dont see the point in putting code into the game to do this. I'd rather have my burden members evident when they fail to place defense then be counting on them only to fail something else.

Player a dowsnt place defense (clear burden) dont count on him for offense unless he explains

Player b auto places defense but had an emergency. You still assign him a war path he no shows and kills an entire war. Screwing 29 other guys.

That's avoidable by displaying who isn't around on the defense phase

if ur members cant communicate that's another problem.
    we have set paths every war.
    knowing they missed defense or not doesn't say they are available for attack or not.

and that's wat backup is for. to cover the missing path.
    if someone hasn't joined by 12hrs into attack send backup person their path. all will be good then.
    Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

Drooped2 said:

I just dont see the point in putting code into the game to do this. I'd rather have my burden members evident when they fail to place defense then be counting on them only to fail something else.

Player a dowsnt place defense (clear burden) dont count on him for offense unless he explains

Player b auto places defense but had an emergency. You still assign him a war path he no shows and kills an entire war. Screwing 29 other guys.

That's avoidable by displaying who isn't around on the defense phase

if ur members cant communicate that's another problem.
    we have set paths every war.
    knowing they missed defense or not doesn't say they are available for attack or not.

and that's wat backup is for. to cover the missing path.
    if someone hasn't joined by 12hrs into attack send backup person their path. all will be good then.
    Player a and b are un the same group backup goes where the guy with no defense was..

The auto placed defense has no backup and just screwed everyone.
    If you have time to explain why you cant place defense you had time to place your defense
    sounds like u are gunna be missing a path anyway then.
    and from my experience if you cant 100% clear a bg you will lose.
    simple as that.
    edited March 2019
    Then you'll have to lose. We're talking about Auto-Fill for Players. It doesn't work that way. You have to take a Loss if people aren't around and the other Ally 100%s.
    That's War. It's called War for a reason. A Team of 30 against a Team of 30. Not 29 and Computer.
    edited March 2019

That's War. It's called War for a reason. A Team of 30 against a Team of 30. Not 29 and Computer.

I don't think anyone said anything about "Auto Attack"
    sounds like ur going off on a tangent there.

and well actually it is a team of 10, 20 or 30 against a computer.
    just trying to be better than another team of 10, 20 or 30 against a computer.
    Not a tangent at all. Auto Place is the same thing. The Player didn't Place. The Computer did.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Just to pull away your ignoring one of the potential side effects. What if the players selected champs are already in use in an event? Does the game
    A auto quit the quest?
    B choose different champs?
    C. Just drop that champ(s)?

If you say A. Well you just worked your way through LOL had to go rest as the grind for it was tough and long. But guess what now you have to restart because the game quit the quest to access your champ.
    B. Well how does it choose? Next highest PI
    There goes your best attacker? Same class instead of a r4/55 sig 200 champ it just chose a r2 unawakened champ.
    Same rank? Ok instead of good defender A there goes crucial synergy member B

C. Well now you still have to deal with a weakened defense. Maybe missing that important KM for node 29 or missing the who cares diversity filler for node 2.

Lastly what if your on when placement phase begins? Does it boot you to place champs automatically or does it override the auto placement and now you have to do it?

Way to many things could go wrong or cause issues with other aspects of the games that it wouldnt be worth it.
    As it's been said before if you can't stop and take a 2 min break to place maybe your in the wrong alliance unless they are cool with that.
    Working 18hr shift. You can't stop go to the bathroom for 2 seconds once within those 18hrs? You don't get a lunch break? (Mandatory by law in most places)
    Absolutely no reason you can't sign on for 30 seconds to place your defense.

Do that in my alliance your gone simple as that.
    well technically the computer does everything.

there already is auto place to an extent where the computer places.
    if you enter your champs but don't place them, come the end of placement they get auto placed on wateva available nodes there are.
    same thing.
  • Praetor_Zwei153Praetor_Zwei153 Posts: 56
    NEO said:

I think automated defense placement when inactive could be a good way to cover if alliances mates are inactive from the AW placement phase for whatever reason. Just need a way to develop a good system. There’s the issue of once they are autoplaced. The leader and officers would need a new tab to place inactive members defense on nodes. There is also the issue if defenders are tied up in a a quest, maybe next highest PI or something. I know someone will say that people just need to be active but we all know that’s not always possibile with adult life and responsibilities.

Patchie93 said:

Just to pull away your ignoring one of the potential side effects. What if the players selected champs are already in use in an event? Does the game
    A auto quit the quest?
    B choose different champs?
    C. Just drop that champ(s)?

If you say A. Well you just worked your way through LOL had to go rest as the grind for it was tough and long. But guess what now you have to restart because the game quit the quest to access your champ.
    B. Well how does it choose? Next highest PI
    There goes your best attacker? Same class instead of a r4/55 sig 200 champ it just chose a r2 unawakened champ.
    Same rank? Ok instead of good defender A there goes crucial synergy member B

C. Well now you still have to deal with a weakened defense. Maybe missing that important KM for node 29 or missing the who cares diversity filler for node 2.

Lastly what if your on when placement phase begins? Does it boot you to place champs automatically or does it override the auto placement and now you have to do it?

Way to many things could go wrong or cause issues with other aspects of the games that it wouldnt be worth it.
    As it's been said before if you can't stop and take a 2 min break to place maybe your in the wrong alliance unless they are cool with that.
    Working 18hr shift. You can't stop go to the bathroom for 2 seconds once within those 18hrs? You don't get a lunch break? (Mandatory by law in most places)
    Absolutely no reason you can't sign on for 30 seconds to place your defense.

Do that in my alliance your gone simple as that.

in regard to the top part it will place them in awa.
    if you place ur champs in AW now while placement is on you cant use them in AQ but u can use them in solo.
    if you are in solo quest with those champs as AWA starts they will be placed and you can still use them in your quest.
    once you finish the quest they cant join another but they will be temporarily in two places at once.
    as far as aq goes there is not really potential problem anymore given the fixed timing of AW you couldn't exploit it to have champs in AW and AQ for more than like 1 hr or so over overlap which is a non issue.

as it is now if you placed ur champs in defence and then you placed them in LOL before war attack starts, you could continue to LOL while they are in AWD.
    edited March 2019
    pro tip @Patchie93 start a hard solo quest just before AW attack starts using ur defenders.
    you will be able to continue using them in your quest while they are also participating in AWD
    @Drooped2 try it and see. place ur defence. and then enter them into another quest. watch wat happens when attack phase starts.
    they will be in both.
    you cant place them while they are in a solo quest.
    but u can use them while it is placement phase after you place them.if they are in solo quest when awa starts they will stay there and be in both.
    @Drooped2 if u got champs locked in LOL for a month u got bigger problems like all the other quests u missed out on and stuff.

NEO said:

I think automated defense placement when inactive could be a good way to cover if alliances mates are inactive from the AW placement phase for whatever reason. Just need a way to develop a good system. There’s the issue of once they are autoplaced. The leader and officers would need a new tab to place inactive members defense on nodes. There is also the issue if defenders are tied up in a a quest, maybe next highest PI or something. I know someone will say that people just need to be active but we all know that’s not always possibile with adult life and responsibilities.

That Movie. Hahaha.
    Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

pro tip @Patchie93 start a hard solo quest just before AW attack starts using ur defenders.
    you will be able to continue using them in your quest while they are also participating in AWD

But you cant do say 2 wars like that. I left my allaince to do some lol paths cause I wouldnt be available for defense due to my lol champ and i took a few days each path in some cases just because it's so long and got tired of it
    time it right and if you wanted you could take basically 2 days per LOL path and still have them in wars.
    would only need to finish and re enter at some point during a placement phase. giving up to 47hrs 59mins and 59 secs to do a LOL and have her in defence too.

also if someone left my alliance I couldn't assure them a spot back.
    if they cant work with the confines of aw timing and need to leave, so be it, but if I found a good replacement maybe their spot is not available anymore.
    so its a risky play doing that.

so its barely any different now.
    Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

But you cant do say 2 wars like that. I left my allaince to do some lol paths cause I wouldnt be available for defense due to my lol champ and i took a few days each path in some cases just because it's so long and got tired of it
    time it right and if you wanted you could take basically 2 days per LOL path and still have them in wars.
    would only need to finish and re enter at some point during a placement phase. giving up to 47hrs 59mins and 59 secs to do a LOL and have her in defence too.

also if someone left my alliance I couldn't assure them a spot back.
    if they cant work with the confines of aw timing and need to leave, so be it, but if I found a good replacement maybe their spot is not available anymore.
    so its a risky play doing that.

so its barely any different now.
    Not showing up is a risky play too they get booted. I instead of creating burden told the leader I was leaving for think I left for 2 weeks I did 4 paths over 14 days. To get my 100 percent. Messaged him when I was around again and waited 2 days for a spot to open (the guy who left did the exact same thing)
    that's good. glad it worked out.
    just saying in the current system you could do a path over 2 days anyway.
    and as I have said before.
    personally I don't care.
    I t could have small benefit to me by allowing me to adjust defence easier.
    but really I donct care it ist added or not.

I just cant for the life of me see enough reason to say NO don't add it.

other than the GIT GUD, PLAY MORE mentality.
    It's not really Git Gud Mentality for me. I don't want people claiming Rewards for Wars they didn't fight in from Piloting, and I certainly don't want them doing it from this. Fair is fair.
    For some reason, you're operating out of the logic that 30 spots MUST be filled, and that it's some form of misfortune if they're not. While that may be necessary to maintain a certain spot in the Ranking, it's not a mandatory aspect of War. It's not a design flaw if one spot is not filled. It's UP TO 30. Which means that in the event soneone doesn't Place, that's how the War is meant to play out. It's fair play. Both sides have an equal amount of time between the same time frame to Place. That locks in their participation. Not a place-holder. There's a natural occurrence that happens when people aren't available. That might mean people take a Loss. No one is meant to win. It's not really mandatory. It's a competition between the best that both sides can muster AT THAT TIME. Unfortunately, things happen. Can't be 100% all the time. When that happens, we have to take our Losses and accept our shortcomings.
    Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

and as I have said before.
    personally I don't care.
    I t could have small benefit to me by allowing me to adjust defence easier.
    but really I donct care it ist added or not.

I just cant for the life of me see enough reason to say NO don't add it.

other than the GIT GUD, PLAY MORE mentality.

I cant for the life of me find a single reason to add it other then. Players who clearly dont care about the allaince enough to find 2 seconds to place .

Personally id rather be in an allaince without those guys.
    but my point is why say no to something that may benefit a portion of the player base?
    if something can help people without negatively impacting others than why not?

instead of saying no to anything we don't like we should say yes to everything unless it is going to harm our own gameplay and experience.
    Just because you don't like it or you don't see benefit should not be enough reason to say no.

and @GroundedWisdom as per almost always I just plain disagree with you. I find it almost impossible to understand and follow your logic on almost every topic you voice your opinion on.
    on minute you seem to want things easy, the next minute you seem to want thing hard.
    I seem to find most of your arguments are purely just to have an opposing opinion.
    I just can't understand most of them and it seems a lot of them not only differ from the majority of the player base but often contradict other points of view you have made previously.
    just saying it as I see it. but I honestly feel like you read something and instantly take opposition to it just because you can.
    If that's what you got from what I've been saying, I'm wondering if you're even reading it. Probably best to agree to disagree.