**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Angela fans - give me your thoughts

I just pulled a 5 Star Angela. She seems pretty good but I want to know the community’s thoughts - especially fans. Please give me some insight into her play style and utility. Thanks!

Comments

• Let her build up her power meter, she’ll start hitting like a Mack Truck as she fills power bars.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    She is a real damage truck ... small mistakes gets fixed with healing back up ... no need for dupe unless act 6 I believe ...
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★

Let her build up her power meter, she’ll start hitting like a Mack Truck as she fills power bars.

I used to do the same thing until it was proven to me that spamming the l1 is the way to go. Her 6* spamming l1 can kill Bucky in about 140 hits whereas letting her fill all the way to l3 it takes around 170+. Try it for yourself. I had to to believe it.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Let your power bar get right below two and spam sp1. Keep your furies at 3 and she does major damage
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Angela is a well-rounded character. She has some very nice unique synergies: Morningstar for increased buff duration, Gamora and Aegon for more fury potency and Heimdall for an extra infinite fury buff. Adding CAIW to your team with Gamora will increase buff duration AND fury potency, so technically you don't need Morningstar (although I still advise to keep her for increased duration).

Alternatively, Ronan + Black Bolt give an increase in buff duration as well (not everyone has Aegon and Heimdall yet). Gamora also has a Rivals synergy with Ronan, increasing critical damage rating by 115 (it might help). Romance synergies will help as well, it might give the extra push when filling up bars. M.O.D.O.K. has a Romance synergy with Angela.

The trick is to keep her above the sp1 bar (but below the sp2 bar) so you keep getting furies. Launching the sp1 will add another fury. If you rinse and repeat that, she can keep on stacking up furies. Her heavy attacks have a very high extra crit rating, almost guaranteeing a crit, so she will hit like a truck.

You could go to the sp3, which gives increased damage per buff, with the increased duration from synergies you might keep all of them active. On top of that, at sp3 bar you get aptitude buffs that increase the potency of all buffs by 50%. Don't forget Dexterity, that counts as a buff as well!

Angela might benefit from the fury masteries, you need to weight that for yourself.

A detailed (albeit old and outdated) guide on her abilities can be found here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RqF1ZSFL-o
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    Shes got nice utility with the precision and fury buffs. Finish combos with that medium hit. Morningstar synergy makes her buffs last longer. Angela got me through a good bit of content
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Angela is a well-rounded character. She has some very nice unique synergies: Morningstar for increased buff duration, Gamora and Aegon for more fury potency and Heimdall for an extra infinite fury buff. Adding CAIW to your team with Gamora will increase buff duration AND fury potency, so technically you don't need Morningstar (although I still advise to keep her for increased duration).

Alternatively, Ronan + Black Bolt give an increase in buff duration as well (not everyone has Aegon and Heimdall yet). Gamora also has a Rivals synergy with Ronan, increasing critical damage rating by 115 (it might help). Romance synergies will help as well, it might give the extra push when filling up bars. M.O.D.O.K. has a Romance synergy with Angela.

Don't forget her synergy with Hela. Provides a 20% chance to revive back up to 20% health on a hit that would otherwise kill you. Chance to revive increases by 20% for each KOd champ in your lineup. That synergy alone has saved me a fortune in revives long before Heimdall entered the contest.

Her and Hela are both equally awesome in raw damage output. Their biggest drawback is lack of utility (immunities, power control, heal block, true strike, etc)
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Thanks @Colonaut123 - very informative!
  • BgunnnzBgunnnz Posts: 22
    I have a 4* duped Angela and she is better than all 3 of my 5* champs
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Don't forget her synergy with Hela. Provides a 20% chance to revive back up to 20% health on a hit that would otherwise kill you. Chance to revive increases by 20% for each KOd champ in your lineup. That synergy alone has saved me a fortune in revives long before Heimdall entered the contest.

Her and Hela are both equally awesome in raw damage output. Their biggest drawback is lack of utility (immunities, power control, heal block, true strike, etc)
    Yeah, maybe. Hela has the advantage over Heimdall of being somewhat decent, while Heimdall is pure synergy fodder. Hela/Heimdall + Angela + Gamora + Morningstar + CAIW/Aegon = Super Team