**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I have an issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

dot_ditto said:

Mixalis said:

It's not normal to only have 3 5* cosmics after three years.

Why do you say that?
    I've been playing longer than you ... I don't have ANY 5* cosmic .. *shrug*

your "normal" .. isn't my "normal" .. isn't a Whale's "normal" ...

your progression is yours ... you'll get champs at whatever rate you get them ..

you'll specific champs depending on the RNG .. and sometimes the RNG is a nasty, hateful thing .. :)

LOL
    Relax, and try to ENJOY the game, rather than expecting to finish the game in 3 years time ...
    If you are progressing that slowly that you only have like 15-30 5*s you are probably not ready for Variant, which should probably come well after uncollected.
    That is correct, I'm still not uncollected ... working on 5.4 .. .

currently, however, it's the lag holding me back .. and no real time in life to focus on it .. ;)

but again, I wasn't the one complaining ... but I assume you know that . ;) hehe
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Mixalis said:

dot_ditto said:

Mixalis said:

Why do you say that?

your progression is yours ... you'll get champs at whatever rate you get them ..

you'll specific champs depending on the RNG .. and sometimes the RNG is a nasty, hateful thing .. :)

LOL
    Relax, and try to ENJOY the game, rather than expecting to finish the game in 3 years time ...
    Let me ask you a question. Are you ftp or do spend?
    Mostly free to play lately, but in the first 2 years, I spent a little bit to pick up a few things. Not much though
  • Options
    Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Mixalis said:

Ok .. let me elaborate

Lormif said:

Mixalis said:

Lormif said:

dot_ditto said:

Mixalis said:

Why do you say that?

LOL
    If you are progressing that slowly that you only have like 15-30 5*s you are probably not ready for Variant, which should probably come well after uncollected.
    I've beaten act 5 and on my way to finishing act 6 chapter one.
    *AND*? I have completed act 6 and variant is still tough for me.... You still have not answered my question how many 5*s? and i will reiterate that if you only have a few variant is probably not right for you. Its restrictions make it one of the hardest to do.
    Read further up. I have 40 5* champs and 4 6* champs
    Hey Man, Just FYI. I think you raise a valid concern, and it is also wicked annoying champ tags/classes limit us in content like variant. But, on the flip side, I have played for 4+ years, and had to r5 Gulk todo variant across my 90+ 5* while spending money.

Some of the end game stuff is not meant for all. And 3 of 40 champs as cosmic is a little unbalanced, but, not terribly. With 6 classes perfectly balanced u should have (someone do math........math!!!!) But u are not far off.
  • Options
    Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103

Mixalis said:

Ok .. let me elaborate

Lormif said:

Mixalis said:

Lormif said:

dot_ditto said:

Mixalis said:

Why do you say that?

LOL
    I've beaten act 5 and on my way to finishing act 6 chapter one.
    *AND*? I have completed act 6 and variant is still tough for me.... You still have not answered my question how many 5*s? and i will reiterate that if you only have a few variant is probably not right for you. Its restrictions make it one of the hardest to do.
    Read further up. I have 40 5* champs and 4 6* champs
    Hey Man, Just FYI. I think you raise a valid concern, and it is also wicked annoying champ tags/classes limit us in content like variant. But, on the flip side, I have played for 4+ years, and had to r5 Gulk todo variant across my 90+ 5* while spending money.

Some of the end game stuff is not meant for all. And 3 of 40 champs as cosmic is a little unbalanced, but, not terribly. With 6 classes perfectly balanced u should have (someone do math........math!!!!) But u are not far off.
    Also, back in my day we had no 6* so quit wingin.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    There’s like a 140 champs in the game. You’re not ready for Variant Ch.3.
  • Options
    LethalProtectorLethalProtector Posts: 76
    I only have 2 5*, one of which is CG, but I just have a massive abundance of cosmics in my roster.
  • Options
    @Mixalis - The number of champions one has doesn't equate to what content they can tackle. That's a poor assumption to be quite honest. Experience, ability to adapt, and overall would be 'skills' MIXED with their roster typically will dictate what one can accomplish in game. Even then there's odd cases of player who can crush it with lower end champs.

Each player's progression is typically dictated by a myriad of circumstances. This can be helped by having an expansive roster. No doubt. However, without skill, time, or focus on solo content, one who's been playing for less time can progress further than another who has been playing since day 1. I have a little over 2 years under my belt now. I'm Uncollected and have completed Act 5. I backburnered exploration for a bit, but I'm now back at it. Variant is something I intend to tackle this summer when I have a bit more time to focus upon it.

Now, to the original point of the post. I'm actually in a similar boat. I have 4× Cosmic 5* champs out of the 39 I have. I'm LOADED with Tech, Science, and Skill. Also only have 4× Mystic 5* champs. I've duped (some multiple times) 8 of them, and awakened 1 via a 5* AG.

I have speculated that there's something to the algorithm that effects how the RNG works player to player. Some will end up LOADED with 1 class, and have a heck of a time getting another. Cosmic and Mystic (5* wise as 4* I'm OVERLOADED with BOTH) are the 2 classes I cannot seem to pull enough of in the 5* side of my roster. Some may get lucky and pull a nice balance of all. Some won't. RNG is RNG. Whether it IS effected by in game play tactics, be it time spent daily, what part you focus upon (arena, story, event, etc), and so on is something we can only speculate upon. At the end of the day, it's still based on RNG. The luck of the draw, and maybe mixed with a bit of how you do in game. Like I said, speculation, lol.

Best of luck getting more Cosmic champs though. I'm hoping the RNG Gods see it fit to allow me access to a 5* Corvus Glaive, lol. Or maybe a 5* Ghost Rider to complete my Blade Trinity. Just completed my 5* Ghost Trinity yesterday though (Science and Tech, surprise, surprise, lol) so that's a plus.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You have 40 5*s. If they were evenly distributed you'd have 6 or 7 of all classes. I have 67 5*s. If they were evenly distributed I'd have 11 or 12 in each. I only have 7 science and 9 mystic. Eventually it will even out. Mutant used to be my hardest to get. I have 14 Mutant 5*s. There is nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Mixalis said:

WTH are you talking about?! I destroyed the first two chapters and chapter three has cosmic and science requirements. I have a 6* Gulk, but need good cosmics to complete it, you friggin idiot
    Calm down, man. We’re just chatting about a game. Just didn’t seem like you had enough five stars, and needed to grow your roster a bit. Which, as it happens, is correct.

People really get worked up on here. 🙂
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Mixalis said:

By you saying there's 140 Champions makes you a noob. Obviously you never attempted variant, or you would know theirs class requirements

How so? There are 140 or so champs in the game. He said he only has 40 or so 5*, Correct? So, it stands to reason he needs to acquire more 5*. I made the assumption that most who attempt Variant have more than 40. That is all I said.

I’ve played for 3 1/2 years, and am currently exploring chapter 3 of Variant.

What’s with all the insults?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Mixalis said:

By you saying there's 140 Champions makes you a noob. Obviously you never attempted variant, or you would know theirs class requirements

How so? There are 140 or so champs in the game. He said he only has 40 or so 5*, Correct? So, it stands to reason he needs to acquire more 5*. I made the assumption that most who attempt Variant have more than 40. That is all I said.

I’ve played for 3 1/2 years, and am currently exploring chapter 3 of Variant.

What’s with all the insults?
    Smh. Has nothing to do with having 40 5*. I have great 5* in other classes. The issue is, the amount of Cosmic champions in order to help me beat ch3 of variant. I'm not insulting anyone. Telling to get more 5* in general, doesn't help me in variant, unless their cosmic
    Well technically it does help you in Variant since you dont have the cosmic 5*s you want for Variant. There's nothing that says it has to evenly distribute classes. The amount of champs you want is way smaller than the champs you don't want. If you are set of having a certain cosmic champ for Variant then you'll have to wait.

The crystals are random drops. You only having 3 cosmics proves the RNG is real.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    There’s not much use complaining about RNJesus. You get what you get. Tough on the cosmic though. All you can really do is keep popping 5* crystals and hope you get lucky. Or you can just try to do the whole thing with only science champs...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Mixalis said:

Mixalis said:

WTH are you talking about?! I destroyed the first two chapters and chapter three has cosmic and science requirements. I have a 6* Gulk, but need good cosmics to complete it, you friggin idiot
    Calm down, man. We’re just chatting about a game. Just didn’t seem like you had enough five stars, and needed to grow your roster a bit. Which, as it happens, is correct.

People really get worked up on here. 🙂
    Telling other people they're worked up, when you fail to understand is I have great 5* champions in all the other classes except Cosmic. I could get a 190 more 5*, but if they're not cosmic (to help me in chapter 3) which is my issue, everything else is moot. I've beaten act 5, act6 ch1 rol etc..
    Oh, I get it. The fact of the matter is that you only have 40 5*. So, If the ratio was perfect among class types you pull, and you pulled an equal amount of each, then you would have around 6 cosmic champs. With no guarantee they would be useful. This is not a remarkable shift in odds. It’s 3 cosmic champs off.
  • Options
    Mixalis said:

I'm done here.

There’s not much use complaining about RNJesus. You get what you get. Tough on the cosmic though. All you can really do is keep popping 5* crystals and hope you get lucky. Or you can just try to do the whole thing with only science champs...

When I started this thread, I was concerned and not complaining
    I will rephrase. There’s no use being concerned about RNJesus. You get what you get. Tough on the cosmic though. All you can really do is keep popping 5* crystals and hope you get lucky. Or you can just try to do the whole thing with only science champs...
  • Options
    Anyways you can just stop caring what random people on the internet say.