**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I crazy to think Dr. Voodoo is better than Blade?

Blade has the regeneration mechanic when awakened admittedly, but his damage output is circumstantial and he relies on synergies to perform at an optimal level.

Meanwhile, an awakened Dr. Voodoo with a decent sig level has so much utility. I used to simply spam Special 1 but getting to Special 2 and using the Power Burn is such a useful power control mechanic while also doing some serious damage. Additionally, the regeneration at the beginning of each fight is so useful for questing and he doesn’t rely on synergies.

I’m beginning to think Dr. Voodoo isn’t getting the respect he deserves. Am I just not realizing the potential of Blade or has the community minimized Dr. Voodoo?

Am I crazy to think Dr. Voodoo is better than Blade? 108 votes

You’re crazy - Blade is way better
22%
ThatweirdguyVdh2008thetaman23humzah217Jadedkmbell81JohnyzeroVeryCoolUserNameOrcDovahkiinKayne34Hendrosssimolazissamaf80Josegee2321Thekingmaker111Amino_89cx23433PrathapPaytoPlayTJ107 24 votes
You’re a bit looney - Blade is the better option
12%
Haji_SaabWorld EaterHulk_77NanoDroidSixshot1JyotishkaIncitatus666JChanceH9peasantGoDlyZorRaveNNNichj99Savage_Fireangle 14 votes
You’re sane... but Blade is still the better option
36%
zuffyAnurag1606TerraIksdjvanjeffgmngSolrac_2SungjBlackGekkougaSceptilemaniacAhitlawSpiderCoolsMenkentHammerbro_64RoOOtsRiggs_97SandeepSBahamutRepto23BurroChampioncritic 39 votes
You’re sane and you’re right - Dr. Voodoo is a doctor and his prescription is that he is a better overall champion than Blade
28%
sfu_koraxLoPrestiScottryanXillymanadqqedfyvrTJ82Darkrider05ManChildHarbinger195Rfalls1891KrumbledkookiePeterQuillrcm2017tom523XxLoganTDCxXWabobashadow_lurker22Mitchell35ON12355Voltolos 31 votes

Comments

• Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Everyone have their own preference. I by myself would rather choose quake over other champ in mcoc even tho many people dont have same opinion
  • Options
    Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    You’re sane and you’re right - Dr. Voodoo is a doctor and his prescription is that he is a better overall champion than Blade
    I've got a maxed 4star 99 sig voodoo... He's one of my favorite champs after I took the time to figure out the proper way to use him
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Voodoo is great!
    My 5.65 voodoo and blade both live in Aq now that I do map 6 all 5 days.
  • Options
    ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    I have them both 5* and if I would have to choose only one of them, I keep my Voodoo... Both great, but I think Voodoo is simply more special champion to have. He can deal with enemies in so many ways where Blade can be easily countered and therefore useless. There is really only a very few occasions where Voodoo is unusable. Especially if we are talking champions themselves, not depending on synergies - Blade himself is not that special and Content where you can't afford to bring certain champion just for his synergy because you need his/her spot for someone else is becoming more common then ever.
  • Options
    RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 373 ★★★
    I recently pulled a 5* Dr. Voodoo and he is unduped. probably going to be awhile before I get him awakened. does he have any utility while I wait for that to happen? I brought him to R2 so far but not sure if he is worthless without being awakened?
  • Options
    Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62

I recently pulled a 5* Dr. Voodoo and he is unduped. probably going to be awhile before I get him awakened. does he have any utility while I wait for that to happen? I brought him to R2 so far but not sure if he is worthless without being awakened?

I ranked my voodoo to 4 before he was duped. He still had his use, his main problem is the duration of healing is dramatically lower and his power control and poison application is somewhat unreliable... i still used him in AQ before he was duped and enjoyed him though... hope this helps
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    They’re both fantastic just in different situations. I think they complement each other very well. Blade works well against champs that tend not to have many buffs, Dorm, Magik, Mephisto, KP, KM, etc. DV tends to be better for champs with buffs like Groot, OML (I know they’re not hard), Hyperion, Medusa, Heimdall, Champion, etc.

They’re both very good in their own right and most times just the two of them can counter virtually everything.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    edited
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I’m all for a champ that doesn’t rely on synergy to be at full power. therefore in my opinion, voodoo is the better solo champ.

If you’re talking in a team where you can fit blades needed counterparts then he takes it.

But if this is based off the champion that is better alone as a single champ, it’s voodoo.
  • Options
    nfernonferno Posts: 64
    Stewman said:

His sig ability is NOT tied to his regen at all fyi

Increased Buff duration means his regen lasts longer so he ultimately generates more health
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    edited

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Stewman said:

nferno said:

Stewman said:

Increased Buff duration means his regen lasts longer so he ultimately generates more health
    Maybe I am wrong
  • Options
    nfernonferno Posts: 64
    Stewman said:

nferno said:

Stewman said:

Increased buff duration when interacting with brother Daniel. Brother Daniel doesn't interact until using a special. The regen starts at the beginning of the fight before any of those interactions take place.

Brother Daniel is indicated by the bones icon, which is placed on Voodoo at the start of the fight. If it worked the way you re thinking the icon would only appear after the first special was thrown
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★

Both are great, but just in different situations

what he said
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Now days Blade is a bit overrated
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I think in the end it comes down to maybe you enjoy using him a little bit more and play him better because of it? I think a lot of the champs in this game play better with heart. Just sayin'
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    You’re sane... but Blade is still the better option
    Situational utilities. Both are great debuffers, though it truly depends on your opponent. I prefer using Dr Voodoo against robots and mutants, and Blade for cosmic, mystics, skill and science