**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• Surfin_silverSurfin_silver Posts: 23
    I proposed this idea a long time ago but it’s clearly becoming much more prominent now.

Is there not any way you guys can add filters for certain champion classifications?

Metal, villan, avenger, spiderverse, guardian, XL, ect.

With the growing importance of teams and tags, it’d be extremely helpful to the player base to enable us to just quickly filter between them. @Kabam Miike
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Once again kabam dangles carrots in the form of awakening gems and ranking tokens but we gotta strain ourselves to get them, rank who they intend for us to rank, use up supplies and goods at their whim in advance of having the things we need to raise truly playable champs? (i.e. dupes) It is becoming more and more obvious they want us ranking locked champs and not duped ones so we start running through more supplies that many of us have probably been sitting on and therefore not buying! And getting too deep in the endgame with our 4s...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If you insist on 2015 gems you have to make them generic. There simply aren't enough mediocre champs to leave it up to RNG again. It's just too much. I go 2 worthless gems last round and have even less 2015 options now.

Ugh, looking at the list I barely have 3 good options if they were generic.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

• CPT_SmashCPT_Smash Posts: 17
    MCOC Team said:

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:

5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem Crystal x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015 Champs Only) x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Crystal x1
    Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments x27000
    6-Star Crystal Shards x2250
    5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
    Gold x2,100,000
    Units x360

This Quest will be available starting Wednesday, April 10th at 10 am PST! Remember, this is permanent content, so you can take your time completing this throwback!

This looks fun and all, but it looks like the copy-and-paste job got a little sloppy from Variant 1.0 rewards.

If you look closely at the Rank 3 —> 4 gem, it still says “2015 Champs Only.”

No big deal; mistakes happen to the best of us! Surely it wasn’t done on purpose... your loyal players have already been forced to rank up all the terrible champs from 2015.

Y’all wouldn’t do that to us again, right?
    Does back issue #1 have to be complete before doing back issue #2
  • Agent_venomAgent_venom Posts: 51
    I’m pretty exited for back issues 2 to drop but like many people stated, the 2015 rank up gems are a problem. For the first variant I got 2 cosmic, used one on venom and don’t have anyone else to use the second one. Maybe you guys can include a 2015 5* crystal as well. This can help us get some of those 2015 champs we don’t have.
  • AlbertABAlbertAB Posts: 8
    @Kabam Miike please listen the community! 2015 gems are ok, yes but make them generic. A lot of players have 1 or more 2015 gems from variant 1 and if the RNG is bad what we are going to do with 2015 gems in the inventory. That´s a fair option.
    Second option is 2016 gems crystals.
    Don´t show us you are closed to the community.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

About the "Heavy Machinery" node, it describes "armor up and force field buffs".
    In the case of Hulkbuster, it's fine. But Modok's force field isn't a buff, and Sentinel does not trigger any armor up buff (he just triggers a passive armor up on his sp3).

I guess the wording here is wrong. It should read "... and an armor up or force field effect is active ..."

Hoping a Mod will chime in to clarify.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/131985/passive-buffs-debuffs-abuse#latest
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    AlbertAB said:

@Kabam Miike please listen the community! 2015 gems are ok, yes but make them generic. A lot of players have 1 or more 2015 gems from variant 1 and if the RNG is bad what we are going to do with 2015 gems in the inventory. That´s a fair option.
    Second option is 2016 gems crystals.
    Don´t show us you are closed to the community.

Fun thing is ther Sean to don’t care as much as befor
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you guys reconsider the 2015 gem? Can you bump it up to at least the 2016 champions?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

The 2015 (or whatever year) rank up materials should be generic, specific to that year, so as not to potentially lose out on rank up options if we don’t have anything in a class granted from the crystal.

It always sucks to put in hard work and not feel rewarded.

Agreed. I'm perfectly fine for them to be 2015 gems given the back issue is from 2015, but they really need to be generic at this point.
    Just once I’d love to have a thread where there are not a bunch of Whiners complaining about free stuff
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Just once I’d love to have a thread where there are not a bunch of Whiners complaining about free stuff

Try Reddit.
  • So will the double fury for Venom count as 2 klyntar mutation buffs or will it be a bonus?
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited April 2019

Free? You obviously haven't explored Back Issues #1.
    WillieB said:

Free? You obviously haven't explored Back Issues #1.
    In the process of exploring it now at my own pace and have yet to spend a dime
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I ready to kick some ant abdomen
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

V1PER1987 said:

Free stuff? How is this free stuff? It’s not given to us by logging in and collecting from the calendar.
    Free in the sense that you don’t have to spend real money on them. I suppose you have to spend time. But as the saying goes if you don’t like it don’t waste your time doing it.

Besides let’s be real no one is running these back issues for the 2015 gems. If they weren’t included people would still run them for the t5b shards 4-5 gem and 5* awakening crystal
    In the first Variant, there actually was a reason to run the quests for the 2015 gems. There are a lot of solid champs that people would like to rank but not use their resources. Luke, Hawkeye, WS, Magik, and SL are just a few examples. The precedent has already been set already too. They can’t make Back Issues 2 less lucrative than 1. That would just be illogical. And to continue to give 2015 champ rank up gems when a lot of them aren’t even available as a 5* is silly.
  • simula67simula67 Posts: 49
    Is Thanos going to be made readily available since there is a buff that specifically calls him out, or does the buff only benefit the few hundred people who actually have him?
  • Do you have to complete back issues #1 to access this?
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Just want to point out there are 4 total 2015 mutant champs that are avaliable as 5*. Colossus, storm, magneto red, and Cyclopes red. Besides the fact all 4 are awful champs, this has the potential to leave someone with a rank up gem that is literally 100% not usable. For example, there are 6 gems total now, if they pull all 6 at mutant (this is very possible, and I guarantee will happen to someone) they will have 2 gems that will literally never be able to used. Or what if someone already ranked up one of these 4 champs, or 2? Point is, releasing 6 gems that can only be used on 4 champs total is just idiotic. Make them generic, problem solved.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Free stuff? How is this free stuff? It’s not given to us by logging in and collecting from the calendar.
    Free in the sense that you don’t have to spend real money on them. I suppose you have to spend time. But as the saying goes if you don’t like it don’t waste your time doing it.

Besides let’s be real no one is running these back issues for the 2015 gems. If they weren’t included people would still run them for the t5b shards 4-5 gem and 5* awakening crystal
    In the first Variant, there actually was a reason to run the quests for the 2015 gems. There are a lot of solid champs that people would like to rank but not use their resources. Luke, Hawkeye, WS, Magik, and SL are just a few examples. The precedent has already been set already too. They can’t make Back Issues 2 less lucrative than 1. That would just be illogical. And to continue to give 2015 champ rank up gems when a lot of them aren’t even available as a 5* is silly.
    Right every class (except mutant) had some great choices
    Science (luke,spidergwen,)
    Tech (starlord,ultron)
    Skill (hawkeye, ws)
    Cosmic (venom,Ronan)
    Mystic (Magic)

But you land 2 of the same class last time this time just feels rough
    I agree with you on that one.