**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2015 rankup only 3 in the inventory

I Open 6 crystals and got 5 times mystic, i used one and got 4 left. I will miss one because we can only have 3 of them in the inventory.
Nice Job, useless Rank up in the Game

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Tbh this need to be addressed and support should allow to respin the crystal kabam really didn’t think this one through
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    Original Spidey, Venom, SG, LC, etc. There's a number of options out there.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Finished Variant 2 and have three of the six gems I've received sitting in my inventory unlikely to be used any time soon. Most of us already have the worthy champs ranked up and the RNG is bound to give you some dreadful options (Mutant anyone?)

These really should be generic or at least something usable for endgame players

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

But why did you open all the crystals without enough possible champs to use them on? I absolutely agree that this must suck, but it's not like you're in this situation solely because of an oversight from kabams side.

It’s definitely an oversight on Kabam’s side and their fault. So he is just supposed to hold onto the crystals and never open them? I keep forgetting about the huge inflow of 2015 being created in game or 4* exclusive champs being added to the 5* basics.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Maybe another solution to fix this would be to finally release a 5* version of EVERY champion that is currently not available as a 5* 'cause most of them are 2014/2015 champs. Maybe also add the newer classic champion 5* (Vision, Electro, Doctor Strange, Abomination and Black Widow) to the basic 5* crystal...
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    Have 3 skills and it’s horrible. Won’t be doing anymore. They could have at least bumped it to 2016. Kabam at its best with little logic
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Another solution is to just deal with it.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    I finally was able to explore a variant chapter, Variant 2, chapter 1, and of course my first 2015 RUG is Mutant lol.

Here's to waiting for that Colossus buff I guess; I have one duped.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

I finally was able to explore a variant chapter, Variant 2, chapter 1, and of course my first 2015 RUG is Mutant lol.

Here's to waiting for that Colossus buff I guess; I have one duped.

I've got all 4 of the eligible 2015 Mutants duped, none of them will get the gem. I'll hold mine forever in hopes of Wolverine or Deadpool someday coming to the crystal rather than use it on Cyclops (my first duped 5* the only reason he's R3), Colossus, Storm or Mags.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    You could always use one.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yeah, the Gems are not exciting. I pulled a Tech 2015. I already have SL at 4/55.

Vision AOU and WM aren’t available. Kang and OG Vision have paywalls.

I don’t have Rocket or Ultron AOU.

I do have Iron Man (dupped), Hulkbuster (dupped) & IP (undupped)...

So now I will have to wait until I pull and Dup Ultron AOU or one of my Meme Tier champs gets buffed. Again, this is not a very exciting reward.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

But why did you open all the crystals without enough possible champs to use them on? I absolutely agree that this must suck, but it's not like you're in this situation solely because of an oversight from kabams side.

It’s definitely an oversight on Kabam’s side and their fault.
    Kabam makes everything in the game, so it is definitely their "fault." But this is definitely not an oversight either. It's not like anyone makes inventory caps by mistake.

Inventory caps cause two things to happen, necessarily. First, they force players to use things rather than lose them, because they have only finite inventory space. And second, the prevent players from accumulating certain resources in an unbounded way even though they've exhausted all possible current opportunities to use them.

You can debate whether inventory space is set to the correct size, but simply noting that either of these two things is happening is not compelling, because they are both done deliberately. And there's a benefit to the players associated with this design principle having to do with reward saturation. The simple version is: developers are free to give players more rewards, if those rewards have boundary limits on how much net effect they can have on the game. To put it another way, the less rank ups you've done, the more likely you'll be able to get more out of the crystals and vice versa. This is a form of stochastic reward soft-capping.

Unfortunately, you probably have to have designed reward systems in such games to see this for what it is. I don't run into a lot of non-game designers that really get this idea, or more specifically why anyone would think this is a good idea.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    There are only two mystic champions released in 2015 worth ranking up past rank 2 anyway, they are magik and guilotine (barely), so you are not missing anything out by letting them expire.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    You'd rather let them expire than use them anyway? Doesn't that seem a tad bit too fickle?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I’ll gladly use them for more arena points. Lol

Pulled mutant mystic and cosmic for 2015 yesterday. Gonna give NXS Cyclops, Jug and Ronan the gems.

Have storm as my first r4, Magik as a r5 and venom as a r4 (from Variant #1 rewards).
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

You'd rather let them expire than use them anyway? Doesn't that seem a tad bit too fickle?

He doesn’t have the champs to rank up
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    edited April 2019

Or maybe think a little bit further... Maybe he doesn't have a champion on which he could use it on OR he already has every 2014-2015 mystic champ r4.

Although I'm sometimes sorry for you that you get flagged for no reason, but in situations like this one it's pretty clear that you are wrong.