**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doc. Oc. Say hi to new "TECH" champ

2»

Comments

• Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I know a lot of people are saying Falcon should be tech in light of the GG situation. When I heard Falcon was coming out my thought was that he could be skill or tech or some kind of new hybrid. Could have been like Karnak with different tier class cats to rank him. Anyway, the argument could be made for both. Let's be honest, it could be a coin toss.

Tech: He uses his tech falcon suit as a means for movement and sometimes defense (MCU he uses them as a shield) and also uses Redwing for his Recon ability in addition to adding some firepower to his L3.

Skill: Falcon had military training and uses his dual pistols and hand to hand combat for a majority of his fighting skills, very similarly to WS and Punisher.

Looking back on it, they had come out with CB and BP CW, along with Karnak shortly after, as skill champs and they only had CW as tech, so they could have made him tech to balance classes more. However, in the end, I think they chose the right class for Falcon. He uses his wings and Redwing as more of an aid and tools, rather than rely on them. If he did not have them, he could still fight fairly adequately, just as WS and Punisher do with his military training, hand to hand combat, and pistols.

P.S. Please stop saying just because champs punch and kick, they should be skill. You know it's more than that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I knew both would be Tech just by reading their abilities. It was obvious since the beginning, but people still thinked the wrong way about them

How do doctor oc's abilities insinuate in any way that he is tech all of his abilities are based on fields of SCIENCE. Physics, chemistry and biology clearly suggest science, there's barely any tech based abilities in the character at all. I'm fine with doc oc being tech since that represents the actual character the best but please have accurate information when trying to argue on the forums it just makes you look very uninformed and people can't take your argument seriously.

The majority of his moves in The Contest rely on his mechanical Tentacles. That would be my assumption.

There is no general rule that the majority of champions follow that the majority of their "moves" is consistent with their class. Most of the "moves" across all champions in all classes is punching and kicking. With hands and feet.

I can buy Green Goblin being tech, because taken as a whole the majority of his combat capability as represented in the game is rooted in technological tools. Based on the limited information I have on Doc Oc, that's not true. His signature abilities which I would weight strongly overall appear unambiguously Science based.

That's just lazy, because there are ways to represent what they were trying to go for in technological terms - R&D is the applied sciences of technology and there are ways to use R&D concepts in place of pure scientific ones. This problem was an avoidable one.

I should have said the majority if their power in The Contest. I hear what you're saying. Worded it differently. In the case of GG, it's his Oscorp Tech. In the case of Doc Oc, it's the Tentacles that inflict Damage.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    If it's about as they fight and what they use to fight, then we need a Sword class.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    P.S. Please stop saying just because champs punch and kick, they should be skill. You know it's more than that.
    But SW and Storm aren't simple hitters/kickers they are Kung Fu masters, C'mon Are not they Skill?.

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    If it's about as they fight and what they use to fight, then we need a Sword class.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    But SW and Storm aren't simple hitters/kickers they are Kung Fu masters, C'mon Are not they Skill?.

Did u just ask why storm is not a mutant?
  • Options
    ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Oh shut up already! Doc Oc gets his power from TECHnology! Green Goblin is the one who should be science.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    If you can't figure it out I don't know what to tell you.

AW is full of Mystics

Mystics have MD

MD causes lots of deaths

Deaths require revives

Many revives cost money for players needing units

Science has class advantage over Mystic

More Science is detrimental to Mystics

Less AW deaths = less money for Kabam

It's just that simple
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    DalBot wrote: »

AW is full of Mystics

Mystics have MD

MD causes lots of deaths

Deaths require revives

It's just that simple

If it was all about money kabam would've kept og will power and could raise prices for pots any time they want
    And made another mystic champs instead of tech
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    tya9e77sn8w7.png

FORMULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    ^also EXPERIMENT

(It's like they are TRYING to troll us)
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Fine have it your way let's just take away all the tech equipment they have and see how you like them
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »

AW is full of Mystics

Mystics have MD

MD causes lots of deaths

Deaths require revives

It's just that simple

100% true. They know full well that MD and Mystic champs is their money maker. They're not gonna compromise that by having a god tier offensive science champ. Just wait till Gladiator Hulk is cosmic.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    What if GG's rank up materials could include a mix of science and tech cats? Similar to Karnak? That would be a nice compromise.
  • Options
    SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    also all the green is just salt in the wounds

Blue Goblin.

I think he's talking about the loading screen with Doc Ock and all the green everywhere... I don't think there's any other color but green.
  • Options
    MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    edited August 2017