**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doc. Oc. Say hi to new "TECH" champ

Well done.. Shall we begin

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Not much to say. He relies mostly on Oscorp's Tech.
    Oh my bad. I thought we were talking about GG. Well, he's Tech. That makes sense.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I knew both would be Tech just by reading their abilities. It was obvious since the beginning, but people still thinked the wrong way about them

Well you look at Falcon and the you look at Green Goblin

Falcon relies on guns, a drone, and a MECHANICAL WINGS to fight so he relies heavily on tech

Nope skill

Green Goblin took a serum (very similar to Captain America) to become much more intelligent, stronger and peak human condition so. Using bombs and a glider are just his motif… his "powers" come from the serum and Captain America has skills and Falcon has tech so surely GG will be…

Oh tech? Didn't we already have 7 others this year counting Doc Ock? 8 others counting Howard the duck in December? And it's almost a year since our last Science? AND we already had a Tech class Norman Osborn specifically in a Stolen Stark Armor? Nonono it's cool… yeah I saw Ock's cool MECHANICAL arms that are his powers…

I'm gonna go cry in the corner

I'm talking about their abilities, not history or past. Game abilities
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Come on. If people are going to cry about Doc Oc being tech and not science, you really need to take a breather. I have been saying for over a year when Doc Oc gets added he will be tech. That's when I was praying more tech would come to the game. It makes sense. GG is a different story.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    mutamatt wrote: »
    also all the green is just salt in the wounds

Blue Goblin.

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I knew both would be Tech just by reading their abilities. It was obvious since the beginning, but people still thinked the wrong way about them

Falcon relies on guns, a drone, and a MECHANICAL WINGS to fight so he relies heavily on tech

Nope skill

Green Goblin took a serum (very similar to Captain America) to become much more intelligent, stronger and peak human condition so. Using bombs and a glider are just his motif… his "powers" come from the serum and Captain America has skills and Falcon has tech so surely GG will be…

Oh tech? Didn't we already have 7 others this year counting Doc Ock? 8 others counting Howard the duck in December? And it's almost a year since our last Science? AND we already had a Tech class Norman Osborn specifically in a Stolen Stark Armor? Nonono it's cool… yeah I saw Ock's cool MECHANICAL arms that are his powers…

Not every champ fits the categories though, Psylocke is a power control champ but she's a mutant, not tech.

To be honest, either side has its own arguements, some champs had the decisions made on background, some on the game mechanics givin to the champ. I just think Goblin shoulda been science.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017

Nope skill

According to game abilities almost every champ is skill because everyone give punch and kicks and jumps.
    And the Science class shouldnt exist because nobody is doing "potions" attacks or whatever.

Looks at Cap America, he is a Skill sometimes punching with a Shield.
    Or maybe he's tech because he use an Adamantium? Shield as Blue Goblin use bombs.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

Nope skill

Not every champ fits the categories though, Psylocke is a power control champ but she's a mutant.

Nope skill

According to game abilities almost every champ is skill because everyone give punch and kicks and jumps.
    And the Science class shouldnt exist because nobody is doing "potions" attacks or whatever.
    Ignore that
    Game abilities. Not moveset ... C'mon, it makes sense for both to be tech
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

How do doctor oc's abilities insinuate in any way that he is tech all of his abilities are based on fields of SCIENCE. Physics, chemistry and biology clearly suggest science, there's barely any tech based abilities in the character at all. I'm fine with doc oc being tech since that represents the actual character the best but please have accurate information when trying to argue on the forums it just makes you look very uninformed and people can't take your argument seriously.
    Sungj wrote: »

How do doctor oc's abilities insinuate in any way that he is tech all of his abilities are based on fields of SCIENCE. Physics, chemistry and biology clearly suggest science, there's barely any tech based abilities in the character at all. I'm fine with doc oc being tech since that represents the actual character the best but please have accurate information when trying to argue on the forums it just makes you look very uninformed and people can't take your argument seriously.

The majority of his moves in The Contest rely on his mechanical Tentacles. That would be my assumption.
    edited August 2017
    Dup Post.
    It's has to do with how they draw the majority of their power in the game. Usually anyway.

Once again, game abilities. Those words related to science are just that, words.
    Lifesteal, power drain, armor, etc ... They don't belong to the science class. That's why it makes sense for him to be tech.
    I know what i'm talking about
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

The majority of his moves in The Contest rely on his mechanical Tentacles. That would be my assumption.

I know I'm not complaining about him being tech I think it suits the character better I was just pointing out that commenter's flaws in his argument when he said solely that based on abilities he should be tech when his actual abilities are written as science like abilities
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Both champs could qualify as science champs but oh well it is what it is
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    also all the green is just salt in the wounds

Blue Goblin.

sounds good, im adding him to the calc as "bluegoblin"

#sciencepleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

There is no general rule that the majority of champions follow that the majority of their "moves" is consistent with their class. Most of the "moves" across all champions in all classes is punching and kicking. With hands and feet.

I can buy Green Goblin being tech, because taken as a whole the majority of his combat capability as represented in the game is rooted in technological tools. Based on the limited information I have on Doc Oc, that's not true. His signature abilities which I would weight strongly overall appear unambiguously Science based.

That's just lazy, because there are ways to represent what they were trying to go for in technological terms - R&D is the applied sciences of technology and there are ways to use R&D concepts in place of pure scientific ones. This problem was an avoidable one.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I always thought Doc Ock would be tech and GG science. But seeing the way GG fights in the game now it's obvious why he's tech.
  • AtlasAtlas Posts: 34
    CammonRo wrote: »
    But seeing the way GG fights in the game now it's obvious why he's tech.

So what do you see the way "Falcon" fights or agent venom?
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Atlas wrote: »
    CammonRo wrote: »
    But seeing the way GG fights in the game now it's obvious why he's tech.

So what do you see the way "Falcon" fights or agent venom?

Well actually I was surprised when he was released as skill (just like Moon Knight) - but I'm OK with it. A lot of these champs can swing either way. In my mind Rocket should probably be science and Quake cosmic. It doesn't bother me that much.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    I'm gonna go kill myself with my multiple 5* science AGs
  • NonuNonu Posts: 28
    Green Goblin got his powers by taking the Goblin serum similar to how Captain America did and Doctor Octopus got his powers due to exposure to atomic radiation which grants him control over his tentacle arms similar how Hulk did
    Both should've been Science champions.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Science and technology are the same thing. There is no technology without science.

Science and Technology are not the same thing. All technology operates under scientific principles, but that's because all of everything other than magic operates under scientific principles. All skill operates under scientific principles. That doesn't mean Skill and Science are the same thing in this context.

Scientific understanding can fuel technological progress, and technology can expand the realm of scientific inquiry that people can perform. But they are not synonymous with each other. There is technology without science. The wheel, the use of fire, the original invention of stone tools are all technological innovations with no real scientific inquiry or process, not even primitive informal scientific inquiry. In the modern world, advances in technology come from a better understanding of how things work which is fueled by science, and scientific investigation expands its reach with better observational tools which is fueled by technology, which can make them seem to be the same thing. But it is more correct to state that they are symbiotically related rather than identical twins.