**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Avengers, Assemble! "Quest for the Stones" and "Save the Battlerealm" Events are coming!

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So based on the drop rates of the greater last stand crystal, and assuming you get enough shards for 30 of these crystals (which seems to be the total of doing all the difficulties of all the events, you could get more) I calculated the statistical average return on opening thirty of these crystals. It looks like this:

4* shards: 4500
    5* shards: 1500
    T4 Basic: 4.65
    T4CC: 2.4
    T1 Alpha: 1.8
    T5 Basic fragments: 4050
    T2 Alpha fragments: 13500
    Boosts: 0.9
    4* sig stones: 22.5
    5* sig stones: 15
    4* class awaken: 0.12
    5* class awaken: 0.03
    Gold: 135000
    Units: 45

Note: gold and units presume that on average you get the middle value, the drop odds don't show the relative odds of getting each of the three possibilities for those types of drops. In the case of the awakening gems those numbers represent the approximate odds of getting one of them after all 30 openings. So roughly 3% chance to get one of those per player opening thirty crystals (this chance is approximate: it actually represents average return which is slightly different but close enough here).

To be honest, considering this is a six week event, those rewards seem substantially lower than I would expect. Of course, some people will get more, but some will get less: I would expect the statistical average reward to be much higher. Even if I'm ignoring the possibility of getting last stand crystals elsewhere, that wouldn't seem to be likely to change things by more than a little, since this already factors in thirty crystal openings.

I actually feel like I must have made an error somewhere. I wouldn't call the rewards "insulting" or anything silly like that, but they feel off.

I hadn’t done any figuring yet, but those numbers do look quite low... I’m just going to save all mine until the end and pop them in one go, might feel more rewarding than opening 10k gold one at a time.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Remeli said:

Spurgeo14 said:

Is it 2015?

Nah, the rewards in 2015 were better than this

Really because in remember the quest they wasn't monthly only one quest no side quest and only one difficulty one was called mystery in the microrelm and ultrons assault

Come to think of it they brought them back with same rewards so just don't do variant and do classic mode and you will get 2015 rewards that are "so much better"
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Oh my....and you are charging 3 energy per move for a chance at 10k gold? Ouch.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    The AI is extremely passive in Quest for Stones . Literally standing there not doing anything like arena 1-5 AI . Terrible . Do u test anything?
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like the energy requirements to fully explore these quests are huge. Combined with the energy requirements for the regular monthly event quest I don’t see how both can be fully explored without using energy refills........

The AI is extremely passive in Quest for Stones . Literally standing there not doing anything like arena 1-5 AI . Terrible . Do u test anything?

And yes, no idea if this intended, but it’s extremely annoying to have to keep hitting in to their block 10+ times before they make 1 move -_-
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like the energy requirements to fully explore these quests are huge. Combined with the energy requirements for the regular monthly event quest I don’t see how both can be fully explored without using energy refills........

Simple solution: Use energy refills to get crystals that have a chance to drop 10k gold. Makes sense.
  • Foxx said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/35/sf876wvmvjtr.png

in this table shows some valuable items quantified only as 1 means that all items can only be won once in the 10k crystal?

Nope! Just that that is the quantity that you can get from the Crystal. I can see that I probably should have left them off the Resources like Gold and Units, as that could be confusing.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Foxx said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/35/sf876wvmvjtr.png

in this table shows some valuable items quantified only as 1 means that all items can only be won once in the 10k crystal?

Nope! Just that that is the quantity that you can get from the Crystal. I can see that I probably should have left them off the Resources like Gold and Units, as that could be confusing.
    I personally wish the gold and boosts had been left out of this crystal. These objectives take a lot of time and to only get something you can get much easier via completing Solo events and alliance events is insulting and not nice to the community who has already been enduring through so much with the update and hotfix.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    So my old post got deleted but no indication as to why wasn’t unconstructive was just saying the rewards seemed too low and energy cost too high
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    which path is countered by the CA stone?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

So my old post got deleted but no indication as to why wasn’t unconstructive was just saying the rewards seemed too low and energy cost too high

Its not just about it being unconstructive but they want them all in the master thread.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    I completed all sole stone quests, got the 2 and 3 srar cap, where is the soul stone, am
    I not understanding how this work? Is the given hero automatically boosted when he/she enters the souls stone quest?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Its not just about it being unconstructive but they want them all in the master thread.
    They didn’t merge it or even close it though just straight out deleted it
  • TawliTawli Posts: 67
    I have had no issue with restrictions in EQ or other quests as the restrictions have been limited to class/tag. But now when you make a quest where we more or less need one champion out of the 160ish champions and that we need to rank them for this event and this event only as the original captain America is the worst of all cap americas. I though the stone would work something like the Symbiote making them higher rank temporarily.

This is honestly the worst Event you have put out, also managing to do this during one of the biggest marvel event is suicidal. I will not rank up any champions for this event.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    Should you receive rewards when exploring Quest for the Stones as I just did the second path and received nothing, other than the XP+gold along the path?
  • Spiderpig2500Spiderpig2500 Posts: 41
    This seems like a good way to use the old avengers that don’t get much attention anymore. Gotta bust them out I guess.
    edited April 2019
    Brows said:

Should you receive rewards when exploring Quest for the Stones as I just did the second path and received nothing, other than the XP+gold along the path?

yup but you have to wait for 1.2 to unlock to get exploration rewards, as you can only explore chapter 1 50% until then.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    edited April 2019

Brows said:

yup but you have to wait for 1.2 to unlock to get exploration rewards, as you can only explore chapter 1 50% until then.
    Yes I realize I won't be able to get chapter 1 exploration rewards until next week but figured I'd at least get some ISO for exploring quest 1 100%? I guess not.
    Captain America should keep a weakened version of these buffs permanently, he'll be useful then
  • Beeswax127Beeswax127 Posts: 2
    I honestly don't get it. The rewards are terrible, the game is running at its lowest quality, no QA and no timeframe to correct. This is so sloppy.
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    What am I missing with this event? How in the world do you get the stones? Do you really have to fully explore a difficulty to get it? 3 energy per tile for these rewards doesn't seem worth it it in the slightest.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    DalBot said:

Never thought I'd see a lamer quest than "The Maze", yet here we are. Make an event where the only way to win is by ranking up a completely useless champ like OG Cap that you'll never use again? And if you do win, CONGRATS, you're gonna get crystals that give you pathetic drop rates for the decent prizes?

Beyond terrible.

Lets not forget the other worthless champs you have to rank up too :D
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    Anyone else notice on save the battle realm it is 3 energy on heroic and 2 on all others? Unfortunately I did 4th paths and then saw.