**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you can't beat Nameless in either Master or Epic level, don't spend units and don't fret.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I'm not sinking another unit to get completion for Master Event and Uncollected Event Thanos's this month. I will just go for 100% of all segments of the quests except the final part where Thanos is. I just accepted painfully last night how badly I suck in this game that I can't seem to beat even Master level Thanos. Ce la vie. Maybe being Elder's Bane and halfway through becoming Cavalier are not enough, skill-wise, to defeat the all powerful Thanos. In my great frustration, I took a few steps back and looked at my options and realized there's little reason to complete either Master or Epic level EQ this month. Here's why:

A. You can get a truckload of Last Stand shards from:

1. The Last Stand Quest for the Stones special quest
(Total completion + Exploration = 18750) + (Segment completion 21,306 x 6 weeks = 40056)
2. The Last Stand Save the Battlerealm: 225,000
(Total completion + Exploration = 150,000) + (Segment completion + exploration = 75,000)
Grand Total of 265,056 shards

Do not buy anything less than the Greater Last Stand Crystals. You have a chance getting:
T4B = .5%
T4C = .5%
T2A fragments = 5%
T4C fragments = 10%
T5B fragments = 3%
T4B fragments = 20%
5* fragments = 5%
4* fragments = 15%
5 Star Awakening = .1%
4 Star Awakening = .4%
5 Star Sig = 10%
4 Star Sig = 15%
Greater Boost = 3%
Gold = 9%

If you get all the 265,000 shards you have 26 shots at all of those items listed above. Very likely you will get some of the harder to get resources that will be able to compensate for not being able to complete the monthly EQ. From opening 10 Last Stand Crystals yesterday I was already able to get almost the same rewards as the Uncollected EQ exploration: 9500 T5B shards, 9000 T2A shards and 18,000 T4B shards.

3. You can get additional thousands of Last Stand shards from the Special Summoners Journey rewards (probably greater than 20,000).

B. The completion and exploration rewards for both Master and Uncollected Events did not scale to justify defeating Nameless Thanos.

It is quite sad that the Kabam Gave Dev Team did not consider adjusting the awards of the Master and Epic events (at least for this month alone) to justify the increased difficulty in both EQ tiers. The Epic Nameless Thanos is a 79K rating opponent with 500K hit points. From what I've seen, he is probably harder than the Sentinel final boss in Act 6.1.6 or maybe all the final bosses in Act 6.1 combined. This very obvious detail on the rewards NOT scaling along with the almost spiteful increase of difficulty makes me wonder what the Game Dev Team was thinking when they rolled out the EQ event this month.

C. If you are really hell bent on defeating Thanos, just exit and go back in. I spent units because I wanted to stay in that phase right after the reverse control mode. (It was difficult for me to get past the reverse control mode). You have one month to practice and maybe sooner or later you will learn the proper way to intercept, armor break and take Nameless Thanos down.

D. Save your units for future quests that aren't as hard to beat. With Act 6 just released it would be very wise to save whatever units you can to reach Cavalier sooner than later. One of best crystals that's happened to MCOC to date is probably the release of the Cavalier crystal which gives a 1% at a 6* and 11% chance at a 5*. And of course, if you're neither Uncollected nor Elder's Bane, save those hard earned units (either by effort or by cash) to help you achieve the next level in the game.

The only real justifications to make that huge effort and huge units sacrifice to defeat Thanos are to feed your ego, you're very close to your next 6* (which will hopefully not be a trash champ like Karnak, this time), or you're just a few thousand shards away from your next fully formed T2A or T5B that you can probably get from the Greater Last Stand crystal anyway.

Hopefully, I've been able to present my case with a reason good enough to make us who are extremely frustrated with Nameless Thanos feel a little less Kabamed this month.

Good luck with your Greater Last Stand crystal pulls and have a nice day.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gambl0r said:

If they want to make harder content for monthly quests then create a Cavalier difficulty with the appropriate rewards. People got uncollected title with 4 stars, even 4/40s. They just decide to increase uncollected difficulty because of the game progression. Which is unfair and not cool man. I'm okay with harder content but create another difficulty then

I think it is a matter of the movie, after all the IW quest was very hard as well.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I think what they did was supplement the rewards for UC by adding the extremely easy rewards from the other 2 event quests.

That being said. They should have gave an additional reward for this UC. It’s harder than most. But also more fun. Imo.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

I think what they did was supplement the rewards for UC by adding the extremely easy rewards from the other 2 event quests.

That being said. They should have gave an additional reward for this UC. It’s harder than most. But also more fun. Imo.

Perhaps. But remember the master and epic levels are not a walk in the park with even an R5 5* Captain America og, granting there will be the very few who are willing to R5 a garbage champ just for this month's special EQ. Most will probably R3 but not R4 and let alone, R5.

If they were going to make it easy the buck shouldn't stopped at heroic level for the special side quests. Epic level should be fairly doable (challenging but doable) with an R3 5* Avenger running on an infinity stone boost.
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    edited April 2019
    Its my 10th months of playing this game and yeah, its kinda frustrating on 3.2.. after countless restart (about 12-13 times?), I managed to kill him in UC with only 1 revive using Sparky
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    raffster said:

How is it fun when a non Avenger R5 5* dies almost instantly after Nameless Thanos' SP3 that you can totally do nothing about? It's like being in an All-or-Nothing node where your opponent starts with 2 bars of power and has 100% power gain.
    Crazy how I beat him with a R4 non avenger 5* then
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    raffster said:

How is it fun when a non Avenger R5 5* dies almost instantly after Nameless Thanos' SP3 that you can totally do nothing about? It's like being in an All-or-Nothing node where your opponent starts with 2 bars of power and has 100% power gain.
    Non-Avengers get a safegaurd by intercepting don’t they? Or is that just IW Thanos? I can’t remember now.
  • https://youtu.be/-y7bk8w8vtM To save your item, you need to understand your opponent.
    And definitely need to completely evade all of his special attacks.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    2 words: Luke. Cage. On thanos' 3rd form, luke's damage is bonkers. A 14k medium and it wasnt't even critical
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Waaaa. Too hard. Several people in my alliance beat him with a few 40% single revives. Those rewards are well worth 200 units.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    rewards r bad but he wasnt hard, literally just tank a couple sp3s with an avenger, build up like 30 armor breaks and hes dead
  • VeryCoolUserNameVeryCoolUserName Posts: 93
    edited April 2019
    That is the most difficult uc I ever seen.
    No one even talk about those 3 thanos's 1 chapter before the nameless Thanos...
    Rewards should better for this month imo or make revives more available. Lv.1 revives are actually not exist in the content anymore ☹️
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Nothing too insane about that fight, just practice, its polar opposite from cash grab collector where u have unbloclable specials, bane, shrug offs, random unstoppables etc.... everything thanos has , you can actually deal with
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

I dont know mate, i find the thanos fight extremely fun, and as others have said there is no leadup to it, so if you fail try and try again. Absolutely love when kabam does this. Makes the quest shorter and much more fun! One of the most interesting fights ever created in game and for the cost of 9 energy only - yes please and more of it!

And also, because of the way it was designed, when we do die, it's our own fault for missing our intercepts/getting pinned to the wall/making silly mistakes.

I do notice that this fight, compared to last year's Thanos, was much easier for phase 3. 2 main reasons being,

1. Thanos' unstoppable does not last the full duration until he reaches sp3. From my recollection, last year, if he was unstoppable, he had that buff all the way until he reached sp3 again.
    2. The armor breaks actually work in the players' benefit as it allows players to deal him big damage sp3s at once if they intercept well.

Not to mention the overall EQ length is really short and alot of time is given for it.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Yep, so far i have one shotted him with r5 hype, blade, night trasher, capiw, r4 thorrag, r4 guilly.

And did a bunch of 4* no item kills, my fav fight to practice in ages for sure!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I'm actually surprised you didn't do a one shot with Ghost. :D