**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I’m very disappointed at the content released this month.

Comments

• Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Ok, I’m gonna just go slam my face against my driveway. Bye guys.
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    @Kabam Vydious I know Ive been a real jerk in the past.. I’m honestly trying to put this across correctly
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    cdub71 said:

@Kabam Vydious I see that statement all over the place in the forum. Is there any chance that you can expand upon that statement. It seems to be used a lot and as a band-aid. I am just looking for insight on Kabams thoughts and reaction to ours. I understand you might not be able to comment as you are still gathering data, but at some point shouldnt there be a statement or reaction to all the sharing thats going on. I am just very curious to learn more on what is being shared and done.

You mean when they made this announcement?-
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138054/save-the-battlerealm-corrections#latest
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

I know it's just a quick statement but I for one like the fact that a mod went ahead and posted in here even though the same sentiments have been stated sufficiently this month. It is what it is at this point and despite being one of those who were disappointed I think it's fair to assume Kabam released the content in good faith and maybe thought more of it then the end result produced. Hopefully in the future content like this is a little better tested as conceptually I can kind of see where they were trying to go with the side events, it just didn't get there. Here's hoping for a strong follow up next month or maybe even a boss rush to wrap this one up.

I think it's exactly that. In their minds, this was a great tribute the movie but didn't translate well when release. The Infinity Stone quest could of been better with more elements like what the Symbiote quest had. I'd rather have had Iron Man being able to just have the stones and build him up with each than 6 different champs that not many use anyway.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited May 2019

cdub71 said:

@Kabam Vydious I see that statement all over the place in the forum. Is there any chance that you can expand upon that statement. It seems to be used a lot and as a band-aid. I am just looking for insight on Kabams thoughts and reaction to ours. I understand you might not be able to comment as you are still gathering data, but at some point shouldnt there be a statement or reaction to all the sharing thats going on. I am just very curious to learn more on what is being shared and done.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138054/save-the-battlerealm-corrections#latest
    And t

ManChild said:

I’m very aware of what things will be said and done. I’ve been on forums and gaming a long time. I know what happens. I asked people to not do it. Doesn’t mean I’m demanding it or freaking out. I requested it. I honestly don’t care what they say but it clutters what I would like to read on the post I started with my feelings. So I asked to limit it. Not a big deal. Not even a need for me to explain why I would say it. Now it’s clear I guess.

What exactly led you to believe that Endgame (a MCU movie that exists in it's own universe and own agenda) would be some grand month of content for a Mobile game ( that exists in it's own universe and has it's own agenda and timeline)? If there was going to be something for end game that would have been way out of the ordinary, they would have hyped it up similar to the 4 year anniversary and whatnot. The game isn't directly tied into the MCU and doesn't celebrate everything the MCU celebrates. It's standalone and borrows from that universe, comic book universe and combines those with where the MCOC universe is.

Im not saying the Quest for the Stones was the best idea. I don't particularly like it but that's what Kabam decided to do to tribute the Infinity Stone arc coming to a close. In MCOC Universe, Thanos and the Black Order will continue to exist where as in the MCU (for all we know) they will not.

You built up this month in your mind and you were let down because you thought it was going to be more that what it is. No different than during X-mas and the "?" on the calendar when everyone thought we were getting RDT's or some other great surprise and turned out to be something way less.
    Are you really asking why anyone would expect a game based on MARVEL charcaters would tie into the biggest event in MARVEL'S movie history and one the biggest events in MARVEL'S history. When they put out new content every month.

Yep, nobody would possibly expect anything like that.

Just because COC is it's own entity doesn't mean it should avoid tie-ins.

To not do it would be stupid and a massively wasted oppurtunity.

To go about it the way Kabam did it was a wasted opportunity.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    So...question. How many are dissatisfied because of the Rewards, and how many because of the Event itself?
  • Options
    I don't think an Event should be based on what we get. That was the point I'm trying to make. The concept itself is pretty cool. 6 Stones, one released a week, 2 Side Quests, shorter EQ, good Boss Fight.
  • Options
    RyanwhalesRyanwhales Posts: 60
    Just theorizing here,
    Perhaps its our punishment for the incredible rewards for the fury month and they just want to make sure we spend money for this perhaps penultimate month.
    What is very frustrating is the 5 star shard reward amount, I almost have enough, but there is nowhere else to get any. I have nothing at all to do. I dont deny though, i like the characters coming even though proxima had to come at the worst time.
  • Options

I don't think an Event should be based on what we get. That was the point I'm trying to make. The concept itself is pretty cool. 6 Stones, one released a week, 2 Side Quests, shorter EQ, good Boss Fight.

While there is some legitimacy to that point. Without decent rewards from events it would be much harder to get important rank up materials and more limited shards.

Without offering the ability to improve rosters the game would be very stagnant.

If the game was stagnated it wouldnt be fun to play.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

cdub71 said:

And t

ManChild said:

I’m very aware of what things will be said and done. I’ve been on forums and gaming a long time. I know what happens. I asked people to not do it. Doesn’t mean I’m demanding it or freaking out. I requested it. I honestly don’t care what they say but it clutters what I would like to read on the post I started with my feelings. So I asked to limit it. Not a big deal. Not even a need for me to explain why I would say it. Now it’s clear I guess.

What exactly led you to believe that Endgame (a MCU movie that exists in it's own universe and own agenda) would be some grand month of content for a Mobile game ( that exists in it's own universe and has it's own agenda and timeline)? If there was going to be something for end game that would have been way out of the ordinary, they would have hyped it up similar to the 4 year anniversary and whatnot. The game isn't directly tied into the MCU and doesn't celebrate everything the MCU celebrates. It's standalone and borrows from that universe, comic book universe and combines those with where the MCOC universe is.

Im not saying the Quest for the Stones was the best idea. I don't particularly like it but that's what Kabam decided to do to tribute the Infinity Stone arc coming to a close. In MCOC Universe, Thanos and the Black Order will continue to exist where as in the MCU (for all we know) they will not.

You built up this month in your mind and you were let down because you thought it was going to be more that what it is. No different than during X-mas and the "?" on the calendar when everyone thought we were getting RDT's or some other great surprise and turned out to be something way less.
    Are you really asking why anyone would expect a game based on MARVEL charcaters would tie into the biggest event in MARVEL'S movie history and one the biggest events in MARVEL'S history. When they put out new content every month.

Yep, nobody would possibly expect anything like that.

Just because COC is it's own entity doesn't mean it should avoid tie-ins.

To not do it would be stupid and a massively wasted oppurtunity.

To go about it the way Kabam did it was a wasted opportunity.

They did tie into it. Thanos is the final boss. We have Ebony Maw, Cull Obsidian and Ronin now. A quest dedicated to the Infinity Stones themselves. I never said they weren't going to tie into it. I said why would you expect a huge, over the top event about the movie. Endgame was a HUGE event for the MCU, not for MCOC. Other Marvel games didn't have over the top events with crazy rewards like what you want, they had Endgame themed events like MCOC had. Marvel Future Fight is about the only one that really included some Endgame higher based rewards but Strike Force didn't. Each of these games tie into the MCU but don't correlate directly with it.

The event we go was, it seems, what Kabam thought would be a good tie in to the Endgame movie. What it WASN'T was what you wanted it to be which was some huge event that you get tons of high end rewards. It's fine to be disappointed but nothing I ever read led me to believe there'd be a gigantic even that would overshadow all others before it.
  • Options
    Well, there are a couple factors in that. First, they add Rewards cautiously on top of RNG-based Rewards because of the potential gains. The Rewards for the Side Quests are small because the RNG in the Crystals have potentially large ones. I know that one of the arguments is that it shouldn't be based on RNG, but nevertheless, those Crystals could potentially drop all the best ones, depending on the rolls.
    Secondly, following the Bounties, people had higher expectations, but that Event was a rare one. They're not all that easy, and they don't all pay out that much. It was condensed to 20 some days. Which is why the comparison has people feeling disappointed.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

While there is some legitimacy to that point. Without decent rewards from events it would be much harder to get important rank up materials and more limited shards.

Without offering the ability to improve rosters the game would be very stagnant.

This is also my point. You aren't mad the game didn't make a big deal about Endgame, you are mad because there wasn't a ton of "roster improving rewards". Cause that's what this community is all about. Nothings ever good enough unless theres 5/6* awakening gems left and right.
  • Options

Dtl7714 said:

This is also my point. You aren't mad the game didn't make a big deal about Endgame, you are mad because there wasn't a ton of "roster improving rewards". Cause that's what this community is all about. Nothings ever good enough unless theres 5/6* awakening gems left and right.
    Well considering the only awakening gems I have gotten are from labrynth and act 5. That statement is a hell of an exageration.

Awakening gems are so rareto expect em is unrealistic. But the side quests are not engaging and not rewarding. There just not fun. And the regular EQ is just recycled garbage. Thanos with phases, just like last year. Main EQ is minimal effort, with minimal rewards, with minimal creativity.

Some real effort could have been put in
  • Options
    I rather liked 3.1 with all Thanos....erm, Thanoses...Thanii.....LOL.
  • Options

With 2 recycled from last year and 1 recycle from act 3. No creative effort at all
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dtl7714 said:

With 2 recycled from last year and 1 recycle from act 3. No creative effort at all
    How so? This one was a new Thanos with different Phases, one was the OG, and one was the Infinity War Thanos.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Dtl7714 said:

How so? This one was a new Thanos with different Phases, one was the OG, and one was the Infinity War Thanos.
    I thought left and right of 3.1 were both infinity war and middle of 3.1 was act 3. With 3.2 being "new". And by new I mean same phase mechanic though the phases worked differently and his sp3 not as strong against avengers, again.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Dtl7714 said:

I thought left and right of 3.1 were both infinity war and middle of 3.1 was act 3. With 3.2 being "new". And by new I mean same phase mechanic though the phases worked differently and his sp3 not as strong against avengers, again.
    So what mechanics would have made you happy?

You've been vocal about bashing the event but from what I've seen, you haven't offered them any insight on what would be "creative" enough for them to relay to the game team.