**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me or is anyone else just generally bored with this game right now?

Comments

• Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Dshu said:

This would have been a good month to release a boss rush or a 5* basic arena to give us something new. The eq and quest for the stones weren't very exciting and has others have said the chances to get 5 and 6* shards have dried up so people who are unwilling to spend have nothing to really look forward to. The announcement of act 6 seems to be a big push to get people to spend on cavalier crystals and while I don't mind buying an offer or 2 now and then I see no reason to gamble on cavalier crystals only to be disappointed by pulling 3*s

Yeah mate everything I've read so far in this post seems true....
    I am not an endgame player....just lvl 47 with 115k rating but still certain things do really piss me off..... People say if you're not an "Endgame" player, you still have a lot of content to clear... But it is not that if you wish to clear LOL,VARIANT,etc you can do it "now", but you will need a certain roster (par) to even think of clearing it..... And being an F2P player, i think they should release somthing like "ROAD TO A MILLION" arena to help midgame players a bit too......
    Forget about UNCOLLECTED and CAVALIER,
    I am just looking to complete ACT 4 next week....And looking to get more 5 star champs(i have got just 3 of them 😂) or even god tier 4 stars will help in near future ( Act 5).....

P.S : All the endgame players, I request all of you not to get annoyed by my post, all of you are right 😊, I was just putting my opinion here....and i am a bit bored too
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    This our BIG Marvel Avengers End Game content this month. Wow. This is what every monthly Marvel movie events the last 4 years was leading up to. What we get is very boring month with low rewards and nothing really to do. Kabam totally dropped the ball at the worst time.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I dont know if its boredom or just getting tired of kabams bs. The state of the game isnt very good right now in nearly all aspects and yet this should have been the absolute best ever to coincide with endgame as theyve always done a great job when a new movie has come out. But not this time. Hopefully they turn things around post haste and give us a reason to get excited again because right now there is almost none.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Unfortunately the same here. Quests are too long this time..
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    This months endgame events were extremely poor, Nameless thanos was a fun challenge but its 1 fight the stones quest are a waste of energy for the rewards its so dry I've actually 100% explored all difficulties of this months EQ been using the downtime to finish exploring act 6.1 since Ive finished everything else but the ball was dropped hard this month would've preferred continuing with Bounties this month at least the reqard/effort ratio was reasonable & why they have had to extend this horrible month by another 2 weeks is beyond me. Kabam you got an aweful lot of making up to do Id recommend using the last week to run a summoner appreciation week to try tide people over.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Boring quest plus refusal to acknowledge and fix long-standing bugs that hurt the player base.

Coupled with tone-dear announcements on AW and AQ revamps effectively raising difficulty with no increase in rewards (except a pittance in AQ).

Pretty much sums up the worst month (or two including last) in the past year for MCOC.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    X_Scott said:

I'm bored

You finish both Variant 100%?!
    Who told u to be so good, lol.
    Want to do my Variant for me, lmao
    Just kidding!
  • ScrathyScrathy Posts: 14
    Yeah, I am in the same boat as everyone else on this thread. The direction of the game is aimed at new players and whales. Those in the middle regardless of how long we have been playing are essentially being left out to rot. Honestly I am burned out. I have been playing for about 18 months and this is the worst I have seen it. The lackluster rewards, the constant connectivity/lag issues, and what now seems to be the destruction of 4 star champs has me not really caring if i log in or not. Most of my alliance feels the same as well. I have 2 accounts and with my newer account i was so excited when i got a 4 star Corvus and maxed him out. But the last month because he is a 4 star, i just get wrecked 7 ways from Sunday. My main account i go into attacks with a couple of 5 stars and maxed 4 star Stark Spidey. Spidey gets wrecked due to a clear difference in gameplay. I am also getting tired of the overall attitude of Kabam and how they handle complaints. There just seems to be no care on their side. They seemingly are not making any progress in resolving lag issues, but the blame gets shifted on the player or the players device. If something does not change quick, i will be uninstalling as well. I am sure Kabam does not care. As long as the whales and the youtubers keep shelling out tons of money to progress or create their own content, there is no reason to make changes. Why make changes, when you are still shoveling in the cash.............
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
    Nabz034 said:

Lol Cyclops smh...it kills me these old hero’s with three sentences total for there abilities are in the 5* and 6* crystals.

Right!. I have few 5*s. About 16 now. I have Cyclops of course and my only duped 5*s are IP, Groot, and Agent Venom 2X lol. The rest mediocre champs.
    edited May 2019
    Wow, This thread is still going pretty strong. I really hope Kabam takes notes from this!! It may sound Negative and kinda is but I think this is really constructive and can help Kabam out a lot in the future.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Don't forget how long it takes to progress and rank-up champs...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This 6 week month with no fun side quests has just been a slog.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★

Yep. A bore.. Last month, with the every 8 hours getting 6* and 5* shards triggering a bounty was 10x more fun..i actually looked forward to logging in to do the quick quest to get those.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

There’s always Quest for the Stones 3.1 at 3 energy per move so you can get a 3* Hulk and a stone you don’t need because you already finished all the Maw quests.

Dr. Zola

While true, having an absolute blast playing with power stone hulk.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

DrZola said:

There’s always Quest for the Stones 3.1 at 3 energy per move so you can get a 3* Hulk and a stone you don’t need because you already finished all the Maw quests.

Dr. Zola

Look how thrilled my Sig 200 Rank 1 Hulk is 🤦🏻‍♂️

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Sounds cool. I actually still like Hulk even though the shine of his last mini-buff has worn off.

Dr. Zola
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★

Yup...way to go Game Team...you put out the most boring content ever, and do it for 40-days.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yeah I don’t get the thinking behind this. I truly thought another champion challenge was going to drop today just because this whole event has been so boring and such a drag. I don’t think anyone has even been doing anything in game the past couple weeks unless it was for AQ/AW.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It’s really cool that this many people have fully explored all the way through 6.1 and both variants. Good work!
    DarthPhal said:

It’s really cool that this many people have fully explored all the way through 6.1 and both variants. Good work!

Yeah because everyone can totally do that. especially with no reward coming in to even rank or get a good enough 5*. lol.

They should at least be running a hall of healing or coin in the mid-time at minimum. Would be the perfect time.
  • Reynie3Reynie3 Posts: 66
    I still have fun in the game. Even AW can be fun. The real issue for me is arena. That whole grind for gold and units really sucks. I'd rather be doing new quets or working on act 6 etc. There's this underlying pressure of if I don't play arena I won't get gold or units so I have to arena.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

You don't need to be finished with 6.1 and Variant to be bored. I for one am waiting to finish 6.1.5 until I have a better option for XB. There is nothing I can do but wait until I get lucky with a pull.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Mostly it’s this EQ that’s been killing my motivation to play the game. I still play it, but I only grind arenas and do AW and AQ now. The final boss for the UC is just too difficult for me to beat and I don’t feel like throwing units at him until I get him down. Here’s hoping that next month is better.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Mr_M said:

https://youtu.be/-JRcuwE65D4

Lol, it's like everyone says "oh I hate McDonald's so much. Never eat there, it's trash.". Yet their sales figures would beg to differ about who's eating there ...

Kids (noobs), addicts (whales), and the people with them that most of the time want to go to a 2nd place or make their own food less than they hate McDonald's food (the rest of us). Between those 3 and being omnipresent, McDonald's stays making sales.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Boring may not be the right term for my current view of the game. Im leaning toward stale. There is no new fresh modes or interactive content. We haven't seen anything other than reskinned monthly events and side quests in a year since they launched dungeons (Epic Fail) or 2 years since alliance wars. That is what is driving down in my eyes a lot of players interest.

You can't look at videos regarding interest and spend and equate them. There will always be spenders and this game financially will be fine, but from an overall growth in player acquisition I think you are seeing a downward trend. I for one know I don't recommend the game to friends, I don't try to peak there interest. New players will eventually hit a wall like most of us are at as well. It's hard to watch and follow YT like Seating and others, for one they are extremely skilled and have played this content multiple times over so its nothing to watch them grow an account. But the average player takes a lot longer to get to that level, not to mention the original content has been watered down so much they they are putting them on a fast track to act 5, without developing the skills to enjoy completing it. This will cause further frustrations.

I know for the longest time "BASES" was an outstanding joke, but at this point the game would greatly benefit from something fresh like that. Smaller team games, like 5v5 or event quests that require you to go in with 2 or 3 players like dungeons. These are things that peak interest.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    DarthPhal said:

While this is what I've have been doing with my downtime, Variants specifically to say everyone should be doing it is obsurd.

And if you acknowledge that everyone can't do variants and 6.1 which is alot of people who dont have the champs,skill level, and money to do it then you acknowledge their is a whole bunch of wasted time this month.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    This month has been underwhelming for sure. Uncollected Thanos? Yeah, no thanks. It has provided me enough time to prepare and complete my first run of LOL. Now I can focus on Variant 2 or completing Act 6.