**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does the Summoner Have a Physical Form?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
Does the Summoner in the game (the player) have a physical form in the Battlerealm? Or do all champions break the fourth wall by talking to the player directly? I'd love to hear a statement on this from the mods

Comments

• Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Maybe similar to aegon lol
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    In my mind the summoner has a cosmic ethereal form, like eternity has. When he or she was brought in by the collector, they lost all concepts of Fysical form due to the strain of a human doing that trip. So yes, the summoner has a form, just not their original one. Its just a theory I have. They are Clearly interacting with a physical form summoner in cutscenes and the like. However, I noticed in the ultron variant chapter he is referred as to having flesh, so might be wrong.
  • Options
    Hamin said:

My champs talk to me all the time. I've even written some of it down.

I love those posts. Keep then coming
  • Options
    Terra said:

In my mind the summoner has a cosmic ethereal form, like eternity has. When he or she was brought in by the collector, they lost all concepts of Fysical form due to the strain of a human doing that trip. So yes, the summoner has a form, just not their original one. Its just a theory I have. They are Clearly interacting with a physical form summoner in cutscenes and the like. However, I noticed in the ultron variant chapter he is referred as to having flesh, so might be wrong.

Interesting
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    The thing that bothers me is I thought we were supposed to choose who did the fights and that that character did the fighting on our behalf, but multiple dialogue sequences suggest the Summoner actually *fights* the opponents. Which begs the question of how are they so powerful?
  • Options
    Hanger_29Hanger_29 Posts: 25
    Hamin said:

Where'd they go? I miss those....
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

The thing that bothers me is I thought we were supposed to choose who did the fights and that that character did the fighting on our behalf, but multiple dialogue sequences suggest the Summoner actually *fights* the opponents. Which begs the question of how are they so powerful?

I speculate the Summoner could actually be a Skrull. I mean the Skrull have flesh, can be anyone, and replicate their powers. Kinda makes sense
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I think we have a physical form. I believe there are many summoners. We are the summoner
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I prefer the term...portal master

• Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I've always considered myself to be the summoner, and when the game is referencing the summoner fighting, i think of it like a pokemon battle.

Archangel, I choose you!!!!!!
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 573 ★★★

Look in the mirror, that's the Summoner's physical form, lol. You are the puppet master of the champions in your roster. You are the one moving along in an ever expanding tale. This is actually been alluded to by Carina in Act 6.1.1.

Carina : Ahh, so this is one of them, huh?
    Ægon : They are, yes.
    Carina : Well it's a real treat to meet you, summoner! I've heard you and your people are responsible for cleaning up a lot of messes around here.

Carina basically is acknowledging all the players when saying 'one of the them.' You happen to be that one who's in communication with her at that moment. So, in essence, each summoner's form is unique. We all are different, and come from different places. So the summoner is in fact you. Your Summoner ID is part of the representation of you within the story.

It would be interesting if they could replace 'summoner' with our individual IDs during the in game dialogue. Would be further indication that it is in fact the player within the story. To make the 'summoner' a singluar entity with 1 form would in my eyes diminish the aforementioned statement from Carina.

Hey, I could be wrong, but it makes the most sense overall in my eyes. To each their own with this one as it seems open to interpretation. Just a bit of perspective on the matter :wink:

I agree, i too have the same perpective and also like the pokemon thing said above. Nice question by the way.😊
  • Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    * Looks at self *

I guess not
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Hanger_29 said:

Hamin said:

Where'd they go? I miss those....
    @Hanger_29 I have Season 2 up and running.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

I imagine most summoners look similar.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Drooped2 said:

I imagine most summoners look similar.

Haha you have optimism I'm guess most are less then half that attractive and twice as crazy
    True. I was referencing the paranoia and tinfoil lol. I feel like the June EQ thread had everyone like this.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    My corporeal form.

• Options

Look in the mirror, that's the Summoner's physical form, lol. You are the puppet master of the champions in your roster. You are the one moving along in an ever expanding tale. This is actually been alluded to by Carina in Act 6.1.1.

Carina : Ahh, so this is one of them, huh?
    Ægon : They are, yes.
    Carina : Well it's a real treat to meet you, summoner! I've heard you and your people are responsible for cleaning up a lot of messes around here.

Carina basically is acknowledging all the players when saying 'one of the them.' You happen to be that one who's in communication with her at that moment. So, in essence, each summoner's form is unique. We all are different, and come from different places. So the summoner is in fact you. Your Summoner ID is part of the representation of you within the story.

It would be interesting if they could replace 'summoner' with our individual IDs during the in game dialogue. Would be further indication that it is in fact the player within the story. To make the 'summoner' a singluar entity with 1 form would in my eyes diminish the aforementioned statement from Carina.

Hey, I could be wrong, but it makes the most sense overall in my eyes. To each their own with this one as it seems open to interpretation. Just a bit of perspective on the matter :wink:

Makes sense. Thanks!
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The Summoner could be a Being of Pure Energy akin to Galactus, so to the Characters in the Battlerealm our Physical Appearance changes depending on who's looking upon it. And if you want to go deeper, this Energy that makes up the Summoner's "Body" would be basically a Window of sorts leading to the Real World where we're able to interact with stuff in the Battlerealm.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    This is Summoner 6172