**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No intended bump in difficulty

At first this quote from my boy @Kabam Miike made me laugh and wonder if he really could stand behind that statement. I personally was going to make some snarky comment how I joined AW with cyclops and wouldn’t you know it, cyclops really is a viable option... but then I figure why get put in Kabam jail by the mods for making a funny at their expense.

So instead I want to focus on the difference between ‘intended’ and ‘unintended’

We are all familiar with the phrase, “working as intended”

Now what is making me scratch my head is that somehow Kabam has the stance of changing the fundamentals of one of the most competitive aspects of the game, beta testing this new variation (very poorly IMO) and despite horrible feedback, Kabam rolls it out anyway (as a player base wide beta type experiment IMO)

At the same time releasing a new AQ variation that feels very much like an ‘intended’ bump in difficulty.

My overall point and question, is what is Kabams intentions anyway? Surely they can not be so far removed that they don’t recognize the bump in difficulty, and if they do in fact see it or acknowledge it; how is that not an ‘intended’ change. It is a matter of semantics, but what blows my mind is that if this truly wasn’t the actual sole purpose of these updates to INCREASE difficulty and thus spending and therefore profits, then is Kabam really that far removed and disconnected from their player base and game in general?

My final point is that if Kabam is very much connected to their player base and game and they were intentionally increasing difficulty why placate us with blatant and glaring posturing of ignorance?

It can only go one of two ways, either Kabam is blatantly lying to its player base or they really are that disconnected from the game they make. I can’t decide which it is

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Not sure about AQ being more difficult, but war is a turn for the worse
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    They don’t want everyone’s teams to be

Corv x10 and ghost 10x,

Its either nerf the god tier champs or make diverse nodes that take unorthodox rankups u need **** chars for. So yea, it sucks, but ppl will figure it out.

With that said though, if the difficult is going to change this drastically, the rewards should as well
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Corv x10 and ghost 10x,

Its either nerf the god tier champs or make diverse nodes that take unorthodox rankups u need **** chars for. So yea, it sucks, but ppl will figure it out.

With that said though, if the difficult is going to change this drastically, the rewards should as well

The only ones in my ally who finished their paths were the ones with corvus and ghost for my alliance. My void lost a lot of viability because unlike the previous map there arent any huge healing paths.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    @Cranmer00 That’s an interesting point, however so let’s say I rank up a rag Thor for one specific node he is destroying right now. Then Kabam gets feed back that that node is over powered and they change that node so I wasted an upgrade. Or they don’t change the node and then season 11 comes out and defensive strategies change the concept again and again the champ I ranked up is wasted. It isn’t completely about diversity as so much as the unreliability of the meta all together that the consequence again becomes only rank god tier champs. In an effort to diversify they create a system that infact reinforces the god tier rank up system
    edited June 2019

@Cranmer00 That’s an interesting point, however so let’s say I rank up a rag Thor for one specific node he is destroying right now. Then Kabam gets feed back that that node is over powered and they change that node so I wasted an upgrade. Or they don’t change the node and then season 11 comes out and defensive strategies change the concept again and again the champ I ranked up is wasted. It isn’t completely about diversity as so much as the unreliability of the meta all together that the consequence again becomes only rank god tier champs. In an effort to diversify they create a system that infact reinforces the god tier rank up system

Or you have one of the highest prestige champs in the game and can use for other content, defense, etc,,,

There are tons of champs that when they make changes, sucks worse and worse

They know that they have made some champs too op, And they cannot nerf them like how they need to be.. so they are constantly making harder new champs for $ but also to counter the op champs. This is a snowball they have created and they have to do it this way because of how the game reacted to all the other changes..

First perfect block nerf, OUTRAGE, game progressed..

Then the DS, SW, Thor nerf.. game progressed when people were calling it the end and whole community going for boycotts, etc. they were and just like Corv blade and ghost were, but they’ve learned that they cannot nerf them because it almost wrecked the game. Instead this is the result. New champs to nerf the op ones, and New content that some of the best champs are no good at. It’s the snowball getting bigger and bigger.

They’re entire purpose for the 12.0 nerf was they didn’t want everyone’s teams in AW/AQ/quests to be the same... AND then they released Blade, Corv, ghost and knew they fked up and turned into super hypocrites..at one point before Corv, ghost, u could go into an AW/AQ March and every single player had blade as their team. Only ones who didn’t were the ones that did not get him. They are trying to progress to make multiple godlike champions since they messed this up once again, but trying to combat it with nodes and new champs.

Their excuse for these changes are not wanting everyone’s teams to be the same when there is 150 diff champs in game.

It is the communities fault as much as it is kabams imo.

Cranmer00 said:

Corv x10 and ghost 10x,

The problem with making nodes that counter the OP champs makes them almost impossible to take using anyone else.
    And that’s the snowball effect the community has created by boycotting previous nerfs and kabam being hypocrites saying they nerfed them because they want characters to be on somewhat an even/diverse playing field and then going and releasing GOD tier champs that breeze through the game.

So now this is the result we are left with unfortunately... either wayyyyy too easy stuff for the people that had lucky RNG, or super hard content that makes it hard for everyone and even harder for those without them.

Kabam has been going toward this direction ever since then..

Variant 1...only certain classes can enter
    Variant 2... only **** XL champs can enter effectively
    Act 6.1... no 4 stars (to block out their f up on some too godly synergies)
    Act 6.2.. having to have a certain # of 6*s

If they really wanted people to have a diverse champion roster they would make the highest prestige champs the worst is the game, that would fix most of the issues, but when blade and Corv are near the top, it’s just a big azz hypocracy
    Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

Corv x10 and ghost 10x,

The problem with making nodes that counter the OP champs makes them almost impossible to take using anyone else.
    And that’s the snowball effect the community has created by boycotting previous nerfs and kabam being hypocrites saying they nerfed them because they want characters to be on somewhat an even/diverse playing field and then going and releasing GOD tier champs that breeze through the game RIGHT AFTER. It’s laughable.

So now this is the result we are left with unfortunately... either wayyyyy too easy stuff for the people that had lucky RNG, or super hard content that makes it hard for everyone and even harder for those without them.

If they really wanted people to have a diverse champion roster they would make the highest prestige champs the worst is the game, that would fix most of the issues, but when blade and Corv are near the top, it’s just a big azz hypocracy
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    Cranmer00 said:

Cranmer00 said:

Corv x10 and ghost 10x,

And that’s the snowball effect the community has created by boycotting previous nerfs and kabam being hypocrites saying they nerfed them because they want characters to be on somewhat an even/diverse playing field and then going and releasing GOD tier champs that breeze through the game.

The boycott was for everything not just the nerf. If they would give out RDTs for when they changed a champ people wouldn't freak out nearly as much. Breaking and re-breaking the game is not sustainable.
    It was entirely (99%) based on the nerf, but was the “last straw”.

Now they just make new chars and nodes that are silent nerfs, this way they don’t have for Apple and google to pay refunds, hand out rank down tickets and get an entire player base boycott.

They made it this way, but community pushed them in this new direction as well
    Exactly, they are trying to do better by making old champs better and providing 2015 gems, which ppl can easily use to get through things like AW/AQ, if they would make their prestige at the top, all the prestige fanatics would do more **** ranks
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Exactly, they are trying to do better by making old champs better and providing 2015 gems, which ppl can easily use to get through things like AW/AQ, if they would make their prestige at the top, all the prestige fanatics would do more **** ranks

They are doing it way too slow see the problem is they are doing massive revamps every buff when they could simply up prestige or stats maybe add a fury buff
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    My comment got removed :neutral:
    I really wish I could change the title of this thread to, “How to guarantee you pull an Iron Fist” well played Kabam, well played. But in all seriousness I appreciate the feedback everyone has had

@SiriusBreak well thought out and valid yourself sir.
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    My friends Comment got removed to, probably by Mike. Another instance where puts his foot in his mouth. Not sure why he is the heads spokesman.

At first this quote from my boy @Kabam Miike made me laugh and wonder if he really could stand behind that statement. I personally was going to make some snarky comment how I joined AW with cyclops and wouldn’t you know it, cyclops really is a viable option... but then I figure why get put in Kabam jail by the mods for making a funny at their expense.

So instead I want to focus on the difference between ‘intended’ and ‘unintended’

We are all familiar with the phrase, “working as intended”

Now what is making me scratch my head is that somehow Kabam has the stance of changing the fundamentals of one of the most competitive aspects of the game, beta testing this new variation (very poorly IMO) and despite horrible feedback, Kabam rolls it out anyway (as a player base wide beta type experiment IMO)

At the same time releasing a new AQ variation that feels very much like an ‘intended’ bump in difficulty.

My overall point and question, is what is Kabams intentions anyway? Surely they can not be so far removed that they don’t recognize the bump in difficulty, and if they do in fact see it or acknowledge it; how is that not an ‘intended’ change. It is a matter of semantics, but what blows my mind is that if this truly wasn’t the actual sole purpose of these updates to INCREASE difficulty and thus spending and therefore profits, then is Kabam really that far removed and disconnected from their player base and game in general?

My final point is that if Kabam is very much connected to their player base and game and they were intentionally increasing difficulty why placate us with blatant and glaring posturing of ignorance?

It can only go one of two ways, either Kabam is blatantly lying to its player base or they really are that disconnected from the game they make. I can’t decide which it is

Kabam Mike at his best.................
  • Adman0726Adman0726 Posts: 44
    Stop whining. Change is good. We're all in same boat. You want to play the same nodes forever? "Shaking my head"
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Not to fully defend Kabam here, but one statement they made months ago (about the time diversity was added and the points system changed) was that they never intended on both alliances 100% exploring every war. As it sits now, wars in Tiers 9 and up are decided almost exclusively by attack bonus. Both sides have full diversity and explore 100% every time.

Sure they want us to spend resources to get as far as we can, but that does not mean everyone should be able to 100% every time.

This is a direct conflict to the desires of the player base. We want to 100% because no one wants to be "that guy" who doesn't finish their path and ruin chances for their whole ally. By ramping up the difficulty, Kabam has effectively made it possible for multiple people being "that guy" and potentially making it ok since it would be more common.

I wholly believe that Kabam knew full well what they did and the ramifications for doing it. I think allies need to take this into consideration and determine as a group what they want to do about it. If the intention is to 100% every war at all costs, then the players in that ally need to agree to those terms.
    @Dexman1349 they know what they were doing when they announced they didn’t intend every map to be 100% every war comes down to that ‘one guy’ when you don’t clear. It is literally the equivalent of saying “no intended bump in difficulty” the statement is contrary to facts
  • @Dexman1349 I'm almost certain that they abandoned that mentality shortly thereafter. It has been brought up by others, but hasn't been mentioned again (by Kabam) since. So if that is indeed the case, would be wise for them to say they're shooting for such again. We probably won't hear back about any of this until Tuesday. After attack phase has ended, and they've analyzed the data from the 1st 2 wars. Sure, we have loads of vocal opinions here, but I would wager they're waiting to see the numbers before saying anything.

@Dexman1349 they know what they were doing when they announced they didn’t intend every map to be 100% every war comes down to that ‘one guy’ when you don’t clear. It is literally the equivalent of saying “no intended bump in difficulty” the statement is contrary to facts

I was just coming back to say that this change is a direct contradiction to the "no intended bump in difficulty" statement. I completely agree with you.
    Okay, it was hard to tell. But to reiterate the point, what other game is out there where the creators say, we don’t expect the majority of people to finish our game? How do we get ahead roster wise if we don’t finish content? How are we competitive in AQ if we don’t finish the map? How do we get season rewards if we don’t finish? I’m pointing this out just in the chance they take this standpoint again with this latest map

@Dexman1349 I'm almost certain that they abandoned that mentality shortly thereafter. It has been brought up by others, but hasn't been mentioned again (by Kabam) since. So if that is indeed the case, would be wise for them to say they're shooting for such again. We probably won't hear back about any of this until Tuesday. After attack phase has ended, and they've analyzed the data from the 1st 2 wars. Sure, we have loads of vocal opinions here, but I would wager they're waiting to see the numbers before saying anything.

Fair point, but I don't believe they ever abandoned their goal. They may have gone quiet since then while they worked out how they were going to change things.

Regardless, I would be curious to see Kabam's statement on whether they abandoned their goal of eliminating 100% exploration or if this was a failed attempt at "no intended change in difficulty".