**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It’s doable with one specific champ synergy. Without it you’re burning through resources. Nothing end game about it. You can’t solo the fight without heimdall synergy regardless of where your roster it. You can have every single 5 or 6* currently in the game and you’d still have revive to get through the fight if you don’t have a 5 or 6* heimdall. This has absolutely nothing to do with in game progress.

If i recall the collector fight seemed the exact same way when it was first released. And now look where it is. Can be soloed and beaten by a ton of different champs. By this time next year 6.2 champion will be the same.
    People soloed it on day one though. Also there is a difference, you can use anyone for the collector and there were no gates, this fight does.
    And people have soloed the champion already as well. What i mean was itll become easier over time and people were up in arms day 1 of the collector too.

Are we not talking about mr.sinister in the mr.sinister thread? Point is that the 2 fights are quite different. One has restrictions that may never be achievable and the other doesnt. Granted one is much easier but the hard gates is what people arent all too happy about.
    Then they gotta wait till they get the counters. If they dont wanna wait they can spend and try to get said counters. But its permanent content so if they cant beat it now itll still be there when they do aquire those counters. At least theres more than one counter. Maybe not many right now but give the game time. In the future there may very well be new champs that can easy smash sinister.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

What even is endgame player? Is it someone who has every champion as a 5 star or a 6 star? Is it someone who is cavalier? Is it someone who does map 7 5 times a day? Being an endgame player is such an arbitrary term that is tossed around with no real meaning or substance behind it.

Someone who has 100% every piece of content. It’s arbitrary only because there’s no reference point.

If Act 5.4 was the newest released piece of content, an end game player is one who has 100% every other content up to 5.3, getting all the intended progressional rewards to put them ready for 5.4.

Similarly, in the current context, 6.2 is the newest released end game content. So end game players are those who have 100% all content prior to the release of 6.2, ie 6.1, Variant #1 and #2 etc. Their rosters should be sufficiently deep and wide with all the rewards coming from the time taken to clear those content, enabling them to tackle 6.2.
    There are end game players that burned resources to get through that fight because they don’t have heimdall as a 5 or 6*
    So it was a good challenge.
    Challenge I guess, good? Very debatable
    That entirely depends on what you call good. Most people don't call anything a good challenge when they're frustrated with something. Good in terms of providing a decent amount of challenge is what I meant. There's a tendency to say if we can't get through it first go, or if we're not already prepared, then it's bogus. I even catch myself having the same attitude now and then. However, once I go back to it and get through it, I can look back and say that was a decent challenge because it took some time and effort to get through. That shouldn't stop at the End-Game level. Otherwise, what's the point in releasing harder content? ;)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

xNig said:

What even is endgame player? Is it someone who has every champion as a 5 star or a 6 star? Is it someone who is cavalier? Is it someone who does map 7 5 times a day? Being an endgame player is such an arbitrary term that is tossed around with no real meaning or substance behind it.

Someone who has 100% every piece of content. It’s arbitrary only because there’s no reference point.

If Act 5.4 was the newest released piece of content, an end game player is one who has 100% every other content up to 5.3, getting all the intended progressional rewards to put them ready for 5.4.

Similarly, in the current context, 6.2 is the newest released end game content. So end game players are those who have 100% all content prior to the release of 6.2, ie 6.1, Variant #1 and #2 etc. Their rosters should be sufficiently deep and wide with all the rewards coming from the time taken to clear those content, enabling them to tackle 6.2.
    There are end game players that burned resources to get through that fight because they don’t have heimdall as a 5 or 6*
    So it was a good challenge.
    A good challenge should test your skills. Not if you have one specific champ or enough units and revives.
    A challenge is a challenge, and in a game with over 150 Champs and counting, Rosters that are stacked because of progress levels like UC and Cavalier, and people who have mastered all the same basic mechanics and skills (ergo End-Game), there's not much left to challenge without making other requirements.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ezgoing said:

Agree with your latter point too. Not sure how big is the group, but if the beta group is small, there’s always the risk that the beta players tune the content to fit your collective rosters. And rosters are perhaps the biggest determinant to complete such difficult content. But it is RNG and entirely out of the player-base’s control.

So need to appeal to beta testers in future to consider the larger group of “end game” players out there. Not easy though, with the stupid gate restrictions and combination of node interactions. And these are directions that Kabam is taking which is damn demotivating.

xNig said:

ezgoing said:

Did the beta players give feedback according to their individual rosters? Perhaps unavoidably so. But maybe the selection of beta players ought to be called into question...

All were end game players who know how to give constructive feedback. Former is easy to find, latter though, not so much.

Well, the group was bigger for 6.1. Then someone decided to leak the globals so trust is always an issue from the devs standpoint. Finding players who are end game and can give constructive feedback whom you can trust, not that many.

xNig said:

I know tons of people who have explored every content but dont have any counters to mr.sinsiter. Are they not an endgame player? I also know people with huge roster who havent done LoL 100% because they dont have the time for that so are they not endgame? Also who decides who endgame players are?
    The content.

xNig said:

And end game players aren’t expected to burn through resources to get through a fight? That’s something new.
    _ASDF_ said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

And end game players aren’t expected to burn through resources to get through a fight? That’s something new.
    Lol. I know I did.
    😂😂

6.2 is much more challenging than 6.1.

I believe kabam shifted the rewards to completion cause exploration will be an issue for the bulk of the community, end game players included.
    edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Xnig best sinister counters go.

Deep inside I wanna just use domino and heimdal hela synergy maybe captiw and have kinetic shrug stuff but sounds gross

Haha. I’ll figure something out eventually. Don’t have Hyp or Medusa on my main. I’m toying with the idea of a 6* duped Black Bolt + Ronan and going chain sp2 with 200% Cosmic Power boost. Might be fun with the chain stuns. 😬

(I do have Hela Angela Heimdall etc. But these are the obvious synergy counters. Trying to think out of the box here.)
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)
    A Poison Immune Champion to bypass the Poison
    A Heal Block Champion to control the Regeneration
    A Champion with Fury to bypass the Damage Reduction
    Must be a 5-Star or 6-Star (Act 6 Requirements)

The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.

The only thing we're looking into is the Caustic Temper node. The rest of it is functioning as designed. This is not going to be an easy fight, and it's not meant to be. There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work, but this is going to test the depth of your roster and your RPG Knowledge.
    The entire argument is about having multiple champs or combination of champs that are supposed to work according to this post which there aren’t unless “will work” meant using revives and units to get through.
    Cap iw with heimdall+hela should do if you he’s max sig with a skill and tech on the team. Parry/heavy/sp3
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

Xnig best sinister counters go.

Deep inside I wanna just use domino and heimdal hela synergy maybe captiw and have kinetic shrug stuff but sounds gross

Haha. I’ll figure something out eventually. Don’t have Hyp or Medusa on my main. I’m toying with the idea of a 6* duped Black Bolt + Ronan and going chain sp2 with 200% Cosmic Power boost. Might be fun with the chain stuns. 😬

(I do have Hela Angela Heimdall etc. But these are the obvious synergy counters. Trying to think out of the box here.)
    You know I have a 6 bolt too I think ronan.

Ponders mine isnt duped tho also lack dusa and hype

OG Vision should be able to down him even without synergy. Long fight though.
    It wasn’t about the difficulty of the fight lol the entire post was about having multiple counters and champs that will work according to Kabam mike. Bottom line there’s only one champ specific synergy that you can use to solo the fight. If there’s something else that works please do record and share because so far it’s just been guys saying “you’re not end game enough”
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    you don't have to agree with GroundedWisdom. i disagree with a lot of the stances/opinions he posts, but its his right to post whatever he likes. but the more useless arguing anyone makes with him, takes away from people who are actually at that level and need help with the sinister fight.
    take the personal and ego stuff out of the picture.
    this fight is the reality of our situation as endgame players. whether we like it or not, you'll have to beat him to move on.
    best counter i found with my roster was medusa with the royal family synergy. wasn't ideal, used a few revives. but it got the job done.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)

The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.

There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work
    Are there? Feel free to name “quite a few” different Champions or Champion combinations, because it doesn’t seem like there are any aside from Gulk. I would love to be proven wrong though, honestly would. So, please name a few.
    To borrow the Heimdall/Angela Synergy idea, the one Champion I haven't seen anybody mention is Vision. He's not only Poison immune, but can keep Sinister powerlocked very easily, so he can never throw his special attacks. Same with Quake (who has been mentioned), because played correctly, he'll never get a special attack off.

Medusa proved to be a good choice, though you'll probably take a few losses there, as with Hyperion.
    I thought that too. Brought my 5/4/55 sig 110 vision but wasn't able to make much of a dent. The fight was taking a millennia so I eventually let sinister ko me.

5/65 hype did the trick, albeit with a few revives.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    Lainua said:

I am worried about Mr Minister regeneration ability. How bad it is guys?

you need one of like 4 champs and probably Heim/Hela. If you do it;s not that bad.
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    The fact that this boss requires Heimdall/Angela synergy is ridiculous.

@Kabam Miike saying it doesn’t is disingenuous or simply just misinformed. Please go fight Sinister with Medusa/Hyp and tell me how many revives you threw at him to get past. Without Heim/Angela synergy this is a huge unit dump with zero strategy involved.

Great fight design.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I’m not Seatin, or Lagacy. I don’t have a Legends title, because I won’t pay for the suicide masteries, but I’m not at a point where I should be able to complete this. I’ve spent close to $20,000 US on this game. I’m good at it. It’s not my fault I don’t have the counter you dreamt up, is it? You take the fun out of it.

Finding it very hard to believe that's a $20K account. 3 ranked champs? You won't pay for suicides but you've spent 20k? If you aren't lying, you are doing it wrong...
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    AndiYTDE said:

B4nanaJo said:

I’m stumped with this one as well.

If it wasn’t Mr sinister I’d accept dealing 10% damage and sign up for a long fight with a poison immune but don’t even think that’s even possible with his healing...

That´s what I think as well. His healing doesn´t seem to be working correctly with the Caustic Temper node.
    @Kabam Miike Is this intended? He heals 100% of the damage even if we deal 10%

Doesn’t make sense.

There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work
    Are there? Feel free to name “quite a few” different Champions or Champion combinations, because it doesn’t seem like there are any aside from Gulk. I would love to be proven wrong though, honestly would. So, please name a few.
    To borrow the Heimdall/Angela Synergy idea, the one Champion I haven't seen anybody mention is Vision. He's not only Poison immune, but can keep Sinister powerlocked very easily, so he can never throw his special attacks. Same with Quake (who has been mentioned), because played correctly, he'll never get a special attack off.

Medusa proved to be a good choice, though you'll probably take a few losses there, as with Hyperion.
    That's a really good idea. I'll take my 5 star AOU vision when I get around to doing this. Oh wait, he doesn't exist. No matter, the 4 star one will have to do...
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Mcord117 said:

Quake isn’t poison immune and vision has no fury unless using the synergy team which requires 5 and 6*

Medusa I a hard no go, learned that the hard way. I mean if you are ok with 10-15 revives she can do it but not otherwise

Quaking.. no touch no pison
This discussion has been closed.