**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Lainua said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Honestly i wasn't going to post on this one because I'm so pissed about it... saved up items for a month in a half and made it thru 6.2.1 just fine...6.2.2 boss however I don't see any options...i have a 6* hiemdell no Angela or hela no ghost have corvus but he won't work no gr for my blade no nebula have she hulk but I'm hearing that her passives count against the node, no hype, no medusa, no new cap marvel, have quake at rank 2 but I'm hearing she still might not work not sure though first hand... The issue here for people that have actually got to this point has nothing to do with Skill... absolutely everything to do with RNG crystal luck/ How much can you spend to get the champs period! I will not respond to anyone, but I at least wanted to make my voice heard. I really hope kabam does something about this fight... will see though.

Quake works well. See KT1 video. Lucky you.

I don’t have her as 5*.
    Will do...i don't have the resources to get her past rank 3 however but I'll check into it thx for your positive feedback
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Ace_Quill said:

xNig said:

Hopefully the interaction between sinister and caustic gets fixed soon so the people that don't have heimdall and angela/hela can still get pass... it will take alot of time for them but it's still doable

Yeah. That interaction was unexpected.
    Buffed up (and caustic) doesn't need to be a reduction of 90% or 100%. 50% would make it a lot more playable.

You talk about having more solutions with caustic temper and i argue you've not only narrowed it down you've limited it to needing a combo of 3 specific champs while voodoo doesn't need synergy.

Then the thread titles will just become “Need Voodoo highly ranked as the sole option to take Sinister”.

Anyway, just theorycrafting.

Off-hand I can think of a few counters for Caustic instead of Buffed Up.

1. OG Hulk
    2. Hyperion
    3. Medusa
    4. Black Bolt (Needs duped)
    5. Ronan
    6. Ultron Classic
    7. Gulk/Quake/Rulk/CptIW/Nebula/Thing and many others + Heimdall + Angela/Hela

Vs

1. Voodoo
    2. Cull
    3. Quake + Heimdall + Angela/Hela + Magik/Gully

The main issue now is Caustic’s interaction with Sinister which is causing Sinister to be regenerating more than he’s being hit for when the attacker is without a fury. It’s an unintended interaction that wasn’t suppose to happen.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
    Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.
    Ye but I have a voodoo :(
    Haha yeah but that's not healthy with respect to what the community has.

1. OG Hulk
    2. Hyperion
    3. Medusa
    5. Ronan
    6. Ultron Classic

Like all end-game content, if you have some specific champs (listed as 1-6 and Heimdall + Angela/Hela in this case), the options open up and the fight becomes more manageable/cheaper because you have a proper counter.

Alternatively, if you do not have a proper counter and want to clear it due to impatience, the fight becomes significantly harder and whilst it's still possible to clear, it becomes exponentially more expensive.
    What does ronan provide?
    Just saw your reply to this. Idk why it’s late.

Ronan’s Poison immune and has a chance to proc Fury.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
    Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.
    Ye but I have a voodoo :(
    Haha yeah but that's not healthy with respect to what the community has.

1. OG Hulk
    2. Hyperion
    3. Medusa
    5. Ronan
    6. Ultron Classic

Like all end-game content, if you have some specific champs (listed as 1-6 and Heimdall + Angela/Hela in this case), the options open up and the fight becomes more manageable/cheaper because you have a proper counter.

Alternatively, if you do not have a proper counter and want to clear it due to impatience, the fight becomes significantly harder and whilst it's still possible to clear, it becomes exponentially more expensive.
    What does ronan provide?
    Just saw your reply to this. Idk why it’s late.

Ronan’s Poison immune and has a chance to proc Fury.
    Its so low that that you may not proc is for several combos though 😂
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    edited June 2019
    How many revives would it take from the EMP if I ranked up my LOL Ultron? That might be my only option.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    No you can't. There are 4 gated paths.
  • Just finally did it... 8 revives (could have been maybe 6 got hit in the first try so I had less health to tank the shock), 5 40% revives and 3 20% revives, with a 4/55 boosted hyperion (20-10-15)... it wasn't pretty... it wasn't fun... but it got the job done eventually

So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85

So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★

Just finally did it... 8 revives (could have been maybe 6 got hit in the first try so I had less health to tank the shock), 5 40% revives and 3 20% revives, with a 4/55 boosted hyperion (20-10-15)... it wasn't pretty... it wasn't fun... but it got the job done eventually

What was your strategy with hype exactly? Might need to go this route as well @xTigerMaster
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    I did not have fury but tried proxima and nebula. Got 20 stacks with nebula and dropped a s2. Sinister went from 100 to 98%. He appears to be healing based off of 100% damage(pre node reduction) not the 10%(post damage) reduction. My nebula is r4
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

I did not have fury but tried proxima and nebula. Got 20 stacks with nebula and dropped a s2. Sinister went from 100 to 98%. He appears to be healing based off of 100% damage(pre node reduction) not the 10%(post damage) reduction. My nebula is r4

You need Fury for any real Damage.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

@PurpleIsPimpin is correct, Mr. Sinister, regens based on the pre 90% reduction hit. It's definitely a bug and has been acknowledged. You are correct regarding the synergy though, if any damage is to be done with Nebula, you need to have Heimdall and Angela for the fury.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

@PurpleIsPimpin is correct, Mr. Sinister, regens based on the pre 90% reduction hit. It's definitely a bug and has been acknowledged. You are correct regarding the synergy though, if any damage is to be done with Nebula, you need to have Heimdall and Angela for the fury.
    Ah. His main issue was the Regen. No worries.
  • Hiug456Hiug456 Posts: 103
    I got it done with lots of revives and a 4/55 Medusa. It’s not a well designed fight but it is doable.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Someone wrote argon worked for him. Anyone else tried aegon? How hard is it with aegon. How many revives?
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Someone wrote argon worked for him. Anyone else tried aegon? How hard is it with aegon. How many revives?

You’ll need revives. Even if you shrug off the poison you’ll take shock damage every time he throws a special.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Black bolt with inhuman royalty synergy can work here.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★

Bpn88855 said:

You’ll need revives. Even if you shrug off the poison you’ll take shock damage every time he throws a special.
    Shock damage is passive? Aegon do not shrug it off with Crit hits?
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Bpn88855 said:

Shock damage is passive? Aegon do not shrug it off with Crit hits?
    Unsure about this but if shocks is being inflicted to you by you using your special powers then just avoid using it completely
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    Yes shock is passive and you get shock on you for every buff active after he throws a special. So if you have fury up you’ll take damage
  • thetaman23thetaman23 Posts: 43
    I hope there is going to be some type of compensation, if this fight indeed is bugged.
This discussion has been closed.