**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Kabam compensate us for not testing out mini-boss Hyperion before releasing in game?

2»

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    What he meant was I’ve never had to change up the champs I bring to aq 😂 and he’s upset he might have to use different champs than he used to. People also use to use wolverine for aq and now he’s not really useful the same way. Guess you’ll have to adapt and maybe adapt again in the future or you can go do map 3... any champs will work there. Might be more your level of play.
    Yes! There’s always been evolution of best teams and best people to bring, and there’s plenty of answers to Hyperion! It’s not like only one champ works so you’re out of luck if you don’t have someone. Come on, quit whining people.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    @Bear3 No. There's content that gets buffed that can be still be tackled by top champs and there's content that gets buffed and is unreasonably more difficult. Everyone here who boasts of being able to take down that Hyperion with one shot show a video that you succeeded AND demonstrate that it was skill and not RANDOM RNG (Hyperion kept throwing his SP1 and SP2 before 20 seconds was up).

When you're up against a champ on a node that's basically designed to make you lose 90% of the time, it's definitely something to whine about.

The previous Map 5 mini bosses in the nodes they were on weren't on anything like where Hyperion was on. Very bad comparison.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    No, suck it up.
    raffster said:

@Bear3 No. There's content that gets buffed that can be still be tackled by top champs and there's content that gets buffed and is unreasonably more difficult. Everyone here who boasts of being able to take down that Hyperion with one shot show a video that you succeeded AND demonstrate that it was skill and not RANDOM RNG (Hyperion kept throwing his SP1 and SP2 before 20 seconds was up).

When you're up against a champ on a node that's basically designed to make you lose 90% of the time, it's definitely something to whine about.

The previous Map 5 mini bosses in the nodes they were on weren't on anything like where Hyperion was on. Very bad comparison.

@raffster here is my alliance/bg mate. Made a little dent with Voodoo but the majority of the fight was all LC. This was Day 5 I believe.

A Tail of too Hyperion Fights: https://youtu.be/J0A_BbFXD7E
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    No, suck it up.
    Too_qik said:

^^^
    As he said, Hyperion wasn't broken. Just too much some to handle so they nerfed him.

They never nerfed him
    They are reducing the node abilities= nerfing the AQ miniboss.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Chump said:

For all of you saying you should bring this, you should bring that, I've never had to do that for a MINI BOSS before, why should I have to now?

So how did you get past Morningstar without Bleed immunity or Green Goblin without a workaround for his regeneration? Did you perhaps use Blade with Ghost Rider and not realize those were counters?
    Never brought in anyone that is anti-heal for GG, also the maps have few bleed nodes so obviously people already had bleed immune champs to begin with regardless of mini-boss. So technically you dont have to bring champs exclusive for miniboss, at least my alliance didnt when we were running map5
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    No, suck it up.
    The compensation IS the reduction in difficulty.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Yes, it's the moral and ethical thing to do.
    IKON said:

The compensation IS the reduction in difficulty.

By that logic bug fixes are compensation in it and of them selves. Except theyre not. Compemsation packages are completely seperate from the changes and a return on extra investment that was required because something didnt interact the way it should have- be it a blantant bug or terrible interaction.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Yes, it's the moral and ethical thing to do.
    I’ll say yes for y’all but I’m not an a alliance so :/

Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for the inspirational quote. I wonder if Roosevelt would think the same of the situation. This is a game where people are supposed to have fun.

If we were complaining about how hard the punching bag in the gym is or that not eating fries suck when we need to exercise and lose weight, totally different story.
    @raffster sounds like you don’t have the skill set to take him down. I’m sorry about that, really I am. The game doesn’t need to make content easier because YOU aren’t able to beat it anymore, or beat it as easily as before. Without throwing his sp1/2’s? 😂😂😂. That’s exactly what you do, if you’re not able to then you’re baiting skills aren’t good enough plain and simple. There’s AI where baiting is no skill involved and AI that requires top baiting skills. This is the second of the two. Yes I’ve eaten some sp3’s during the fights a few times, hence using gwenpool, or Luke Cage, there’s other options like dormamu and doc oc who don’t need power bars to power drain and or lock. Yes this is a step up in difficulty... so guess what? Step up or step down. Truth hurts sometimes.
    Bear3 said:

@raffster sounds like you don’t have the skill set to take him down. I’m sorry about that, really I am. The game doesn’t need to make content easier because YOU aren’t able to beat it anymore, or beat it as easily as before. Without throwing his sp1/2’s? 😂😂😂. That’s exactly what you do, if you’re not able to then you’re baiting skills aren’t good enough plain and simple. There’s AI where baiting is no skill involved and AI that requires top baiting skills. This is the second of the two. Yes I’ve eaten some sp3’s during the fights a few times, hence using gwenpool, or Luke Cage, there’s other options like dormamu and doc oc who don’t need power bars to power drain and or lock. Yes this is a step up in difficulty... so guess what? Step up or step down. Truth hurts sometimes.

You missed my point. And it’s not about difficulty or skill. The entire fight is dependent on RNG to make Hyperion throw his specials on top of those absurdly overpowered nodes.

I’ve taken him down with Magik several times. And there were fights I got through with almost no damage, and fights I got wrecked in less than a minute.

What good is great baiting skill if the node was designed to proc based on RNG and not skill? There is the problem.