**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I know that bases are gone but I can't stop thinking what they would've been like.

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
I always thought of bases like 1 guy finds a base and can raid it for some loot.

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    While some ideas about it would be a interesting concept to explore I don't know if Kabam can make it justice rewards wise. It would be cool to see what they had in mind however.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Probably better than war
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Kabam tried bases in their Transformers game which is the sister game to this one. It was a giant flop. Too many champs tied up for far too long. Could never get it to work right.
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Don't worry, new info is surely Coming Soon...
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    They probably wouldve worked the same as bases in kabams transformers game
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Shrimkins said:

Kabam tried bases in their Transformers game which is the sister game to this one. It was a giant flop. Too many champs tied up for far too long. Could never get it to work right.

according to kabam support they are not the same game in any way lol other than the bad drop rates
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,676 Guardian
    My suspicion was that bases were supposed to be similar to, and probably too much so, a more permanent kind of alliance war. The "base" would be the defensive map, and we would place defenders on it, and possibly other stuff (I can imagine earning node buffs you could place on the map, stuff like that)_and other alliances would try to beat it. The idea would be that over time that base would get stronger, and it would become more difficult to beat it, and the rewards would revolve around how much the attacker could beat, and on the defender side how much they could repel attackers. The concept would be vaguely like the MCOC version of Dungeon Keeper.

The problem as I see it would be how to make something like this really work given the game's design and gameplay, and how you could balance rewards around such a relatively unstructured environment, if they were in fact going in any direction remotely like this.