**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Does anyone even do AW anymore?

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The rewards for war are terrible if you are competing against higher content. Whether you are spending glory or grinding units or just dumping cash into this dumpster fire of content it's just not worth it. Its cheaper to use glory for rankup resources and units and cash (if you choose to go that route) on the stupid offers they throw at you. Until the rewards outweigh the cost its not worth the time.
  • It's rather tragic that this thread even exists. I understand why many are backing away from AW with the new map. Some are just biding their time until the reward boost in Season 11. Some are just done. Some have quit the game altogether due to this. One can only hope that the reward buff coming will breathe some new life in AW. In the meantime, you gotta do whatchyah gotta do to keep your sanity.

Best of luck to those who keep trucking through it. To the rest, I get it. Our Alliance will keep trucking as it does offer Challenges. While those challenges are occasionally over the top in difficulty due to some wicked placement tactics, we still try to do our best. We're in tier 4 currently. I can only imagine how difficult tier 3+ will be. It would appear, short of the bug fixes, not much else will change for the new AW Map. Then again, stranger things have happened.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I haven't in months, the game overall is becoming way too hard too fast and the reason I started playing has died long ago.
    It was something i did with buddies and eventually it all got to be too much.
    They now don't play or play once or twice a week

I lapse the monthly calendar and playing even eq just stresses me out and leaves me in a bad mood.
    Aw when I did play was too stressful. Having a death would piss off some of your team mates and when you're the reason the war was lost it makes you feel terrible.

Kabam you really need to draw the defenders intensity back and get rid of many of the nodes
    I took one hit fighting wasp in master eq with a r2 thing
    I'm 3400 or so and she was 9k I believe and one hit from her heavy took me from full health to 54%
    Then an in block hit took off 12%
    That's absurd when they ko me in 3 hits and it takes me 80 hits.

"Balance" ha.ha.ha
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    We went from full on, organized Platinum 3 to two Bg’s and a ‘bring whatever, fight whatever with whomever and we'll end wherever ' mentality.

That said there are some pluses. For example, you tend to know really early on which alliance is going to win, which means you can save on items after.

Secondly, a lot of useless defenders now have some use. We just had a war where moon night got seven kills. So you can actually place pretty weak defenders now, which frees up a lot of champs to use in other areas of the game.

Also, it’s refreshing not to have to focus on war so much. It’s also refreshing that it doesn’t boil down to a single death anymore. Or to who has the most diverse champs.

Just to make sure, I’m not saying that the current iteration of war is spectacularly good. Rather, I’m saying it’s so stupidly and unreasonably difficult, you might as well not take it seriously, which has its benefits.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I don't care if they buffed war rewards tremendously war is a joke now. We won't use items at all now. Everyone in our alliance hates it. Kabam is silent yet again though. The nodes are stupid as can be.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Tier 2 AW here too, I effing HATE war. I loved war. It used to be the main reason I played. I have now died more in this new map than I did the past two seasons of Platinum alliance play. It's really G D infuriating.

Good news is though, our defense alone has won us every war since the map switched. We haven't used a single item because we all decided that AQ is our new focus. IDK if that is proof that the new map is just that ridiculously hard or if everyone is DGAF about war right now. Probably a little of both.
  • Tier 2 AW here... We haven't used a single item because we all decided that AQ is our new focus. IDK if that is proof that the new map is just that ridiculously hard or if everyone is DGAF about war right now. Probably a little of both.

I think it's a bit of both. Many have taken this stance in general towards war. This was one of my concerns as this will undoubtedly shuffle the final ranks quite a bit. Which then will give certain Alliances a false sense of where they'd actually stand if everyone were actually competing full swing vs what's about to happen.

As I said above, we're gonna keep at it regardless as I doubt things will change. Only way we'll overcome the challenge is to go at it. Just wait until they officially release Defense Tactics. This might end up feeling easy by comparison. If that's the case... I can see more Alliances following suit despite the reward buff that's supposed to come with S11 and DT. Sad really... AW is supposed to be fun and it doesn't appear many are having fun playing a game.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    I took a break from alliances altogether. Only meant to take a short break... that was a year ago 😅 solo life has been good and judging from the current state of AQ and AW, I'm not joining any ally any time soon.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Couldn’t agree more. The game is not fun anymore
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yeah our vote went through. NO MORE WAR. I have such a tremendous relief i don’t have to worry about it anymore.now maybe we can actually keep members in our alliance on a permanent basis. Lost so many members because of war.
  • AAMAXIMUS01AAMAXIMUS01 Posts: 144
    I left my top alliance to join a small prestige alliance, got tired of wasting to much just in aw . Now with this kabam just did . Nah I'm definitely done with aw unless rewards are worth my roster.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    I haven't touched AW in years. I've been in a top tier retirement alliance for a while now, map 4 only, all alliance events are completed with ease, and honestly, I'm enjoying the game a lot more at this pace.

I barely have enough resources to complete the story and event quests, I'd hate to use them (even more so if you're being pressured to) on Alliance Wars.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    My alliance forgot to sign up for enrollment Sunday (officers were all distracted by Father's Day and not caring enough to check). Not a single person complained. Our line chat was a collective sigh of relief.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I moved from tier 3 to tier 15 AW.

As @Demonzfyre would say:

No regerts
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

I moved from tier 3 to tier 15 AW.

As @Demonzfyre would say:

No regerts

I approve this message.
  • JacedafaceJacedaface Posts: 34
    Maybe just maybe kabam will see threads like this and try to inject the fun bk into AW. Personally I'd like to see them take items out of war altogether then it really does come down to skill. No wasting arena units, cash units or glory on tiny potions that do virtually nothing for ur r5 5* champs...
  • cherascheras Posts: 112
    edited June 2019
    I don't know what you guys talking about.

AW seems so awful.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    and its not only war... everything u do most of the time feels like its not worth it.... After completing Variant 1 i got everything i absolutely didnt need in the double... same was after i did 100% act 6.1 .. and same was after Variant 2... its like the game know what you need..i swear i felt like a nostradamus ... after variant 2 i knew which rank up 4 to 5 gem i will get..... coz it was the only one i didnt need... i had 19 r4s of different class.. i could use any of 5... yet they one i didnt need was the one i got.. same with 2015 rank up gems.. most of same class just sit in my stash.. i know the trolls will love to mention "its rng man" but tbh its most of the time like 80% a let down after you complete an event... now im sure there are some who do get exactly what they want ... and good for you .. but im sure most dont
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Bboychobo said:

and its not only war... everything u do most of the time feels like its not worth it.... After completing Variant 1 i got everything i absolutely didnt need in the double... same was after i did 100% act 6.1 .. and same was after Variant 2... its like the game know what you need..i swear i felt like a nostradamus ... after variant 2 i knew which rank up 4 to 5 gem i will get..... coz it was the only one i didnt need... i had 19 r4s of different class.. i could use any of 5... yet they one i didnt need was the one i got.. same with 2015 rank up gems.. most of same class just sit in my stash.. i know the trolls will love to mention "its rng man" but tbh its most of the time like 80% a let down after you complete an event... now im sure there are some who do get exactly what they want ... and good for you .. but im sure most dont

There's this really interesting law that applies to everything we do, called "Murphy's Law", where anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Not only to this game, but to life in general.

• TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85

One can only hope that the reward buff coming will breathe some new life in AW. In the meantime, you gotta do whatchyah gotta do to keep your sanity.

TBH, I kinda hope the rewards aren't that good. Not spending on AW for the past 2-3 months has been great and it's going to be hard for many to go back to how it was before map 7.
  • ClatoniusClatonius Posts: 209 ★★
    yeah dude.AW is so time consuming and exasperating to do but the rewards aren't even worth it.I left my alliance and joined another alliance with just AQ
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    I'm in a 20.000.000+ Ally retired. We do one or two Wars per season. so no season rewards. and we barely get the 10 Players for the 1 BG we play.

I would like to see for the none Season Competioners a system where u can choose the Map difficulty (so Nodes and Path Length, meetingpoints etc.) and get Champion restrictions for Heroix (3*) Master(4*) or no restictions for the heavywhight class.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    My alliance still does it, but we don’t put much effort into it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tyrannus said:

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos hope you all taking note aw is dead all because you wanted more money and to give us poor rewards congrats kabam way to go

you didnt even give them the chance to roll out the new rewards.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Tyrannus said:

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos hope you all taking note aw is dead all because you wanted more money and to give us poor rewards congrats kabam way to go

Not sure that the 50 some comments on this thread are enough to say that war is dead. Until they see a huge decrease in alliances enlisting in aw or a huge decrease in spending (glory loyalty or cash) for pots and boosts will they see an issue with aw. They have also ensured aw will be required for alliances wanting to do map 6 and 7 by requiring loyalty to enter. Yes some may be calling it quits for aw but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's dead. Maybe call it s necessary evil with poor returns on your time invested
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Bboychobo said:

I'm currently sitting on 3 5* cosmic awakening gems, 3 5* rank gems (one expired last week), a 5* mystic awakening gem & a 5* mystic rank up gem.

Cosmic champs I can awaken? Drax, Sym Spidey, Kamala & The Champion.
    Mystic champs I can awaken? None.
    Have had these for close to a year now and I can't use them.
    Believe me, I can relate 😅
  • BuddyGuyFriendBuddyGuyFriend Posts: 54
    If the current set up and nodes are staying for next season, my platinum 3 rank 57 23million rated alliance is done spending any items at all for war. We already agreed. We went from winning 8 wars in a row before the update to losing the last 6 in a row, and only one war we even made it out of the first section. And to squash any "get good" comments, the opposing team had just as much of a struggle against us those wars too. Before update we were lucky to have more than 4-5 kills on defense before they made it to the last mini boss/boss section - now its double digits and one war had over 30 kills. The difficulty was increased exponentially compared to last season. Most of us have played this for 4 years plus now and this could be the final blow to our enthusiasm for the game as a whole. It's not fun getting absolutely destroyed due to a node rather than skill every single war now and doesn't seem sustainable from a business perspective. After all the issues we've seen with bugs and champs released only to be fixed soon after almost every month this year, to the extremely lackluster and underwhelming Endgame tie in event, to have this changed along with an increase to AQ difficulty just makes us all scratch our heads. Our line chats went from strategy to "well lets ride this out and see if they fix things, if not we're gonna be semi retired and only seriously run map 6 all week in AQ, and war gets our weaker teams and probably slide down to gold one again."

If that's what Kabam was intending with this rollout it's kind of baffling, but at least to my group and other friends I know who play, every single person has expressed some kind of similar response. I'm interested to see others in the top alliances share their experience so far now that we have over a week running the changes.