**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I see some people not rating Venom as GOD TIER

X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,860 ★★★★★
Entitled to your opinion..

I see some people not rating Venom as GOD TIER 198 votes

Above god
11%
BadroseChadhoganCrkwestSpity68Murderous_munchiesAkhilxcxcharaderdude2TaZ_4178HalleyKittenPrimeanubhavdivinegamerFhfjghhggggjfhfjgVoodooChileX_Factor_AgentGwenpoolManSmibsismiZuroUmbertoDelRioDursley93Silver_Saga 22 votes
God
43%
Whododo872thetaman23EvilEmpireDarkestDestroyerSeatinbenshbKyrkantINTEGRALTheManMythLegendManup456adqqedfyvrAhongMityAntHeadrollerBboychoboLvernon15Camarofanatic90Monk1WîndšpäveOsfan8 87 votes
Upper demi God
28%
GamerJh_DezSnizzbarbuffajrTrimbobApocalypse189Feeney234SpeedbumpTerraTeddersSolrac_2SalsamanderSixshot1Furion17KingKiahLt_Magnum_1CliffordcanStingerbkWrathfulRavenOnmix 56 votes
Lower demi god
4%
ArcDeAngelusTony886NeotwismDanasjonMiStaLovaWade420wilson69Too_qikRagnabro 8 votes
Pretty good
5%
TheTAbyssAxeCopFireNabz034HENRIQUE_FORTEContestOfNoobsSpurgeon14ChampioncriticReverend_RuckusKohkoh777BenLucasBlue_Eyed_Thing 11 votes
Occasionally useful
0%
Prathap 1 vote
Meme
6%
Savio444Daniel930702FR33_HUG5Cloud99999ThesurvivlistKillerRino19Mitchell35TehsigzorzBeyond00_codebreakerArsozBlizz_4R_Priceless 13 votes

Comments

• AhongAhong Posts: 21
    edited June 2019
    God
    Why would bothered someone rating which has a different perspective. Use your own evaluation.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Took me till variant 2 to realise how useful he’s become now, I only have one xl champ at r4 (rulk) so it was him Domino and Hyperion doing my heavy load, then venom at r3 was on my team the whole way through, held off r4ing him since everyone said wait till you get a cosmic 2015 gem, pity I didn't get one till full completion, but he got his r4 love now
  • BombersimBombersim Posts: 4
    God

Id place him in God tier. Some of the lists i see just looks like a joke to me. How can you put half the champs in beyond god? To me beyond god tiers are the ones who can do just about every fight in this game and are a clear step ahead of other champs. While i love venom he falls short of getting there

Nice summary, pretty much this.
  • BombersimBombersim Posts: 4
    God
    I personally love him, but there are match ups where he struggles (usually bleed immune).
    I’m glad I’ve got him though, so I can use a 2015 gem on him (when I finally get a cosmic lol).
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    God
    He’s a beast, a great and versatile combination of damage and utility, only reason I didn’t put him in beyond god is that his utility is only good in certain fights
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    Above god
    Man I love Venom
  • Alexgt85Alexgt85 Posts: 30
    Don't just rate him based on what he can do in Variant 2. That's flukey
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    God
    He is one of the best champs in the game all around. I just took my 5* to R4 and his damage is crazy good
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    Most the whales promote same champs for Kabam that are really hard to get. They use same champs every fight and those champs u put in ur mind as TOP when there are actually a lot that are awesome. Hood is a prime example of a champ getting no publicity but does A LOT of utility. His invisibility makes energy attacks and 45% physical miss. He power steals and stun immune during invisibility cooldown if awakened. His BASIC hits stagger and then steal health when staggers expire. His L2 Hexes turns u invisible then does burst energy damage when expires. All this yet listed as Ok champ.......u cant go completely 100% by whales AND youtubers...they get all luck and make Kabam money
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Upper demi God
    He’s a great all arounder and has some nice utility but trying to line up the right buffs with heavies is awkward and I base rating my champs based not only on abilities but also ease of use (which is why I sometimes prefer Magik over DV for power control; power control is much simpler and easier than for DV, for example)
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    God
    Because there are few better champions, like domino, emma and corvus
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Upper demi God
    He is great but he is not God teir
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Meme
    Venom would be a lot better if he was able to eat Spider-Man’s brains. 😏
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    God
    Definitely a great champ, lots of utility and absolutely savage for finishing fights. Is kind of sad that prestige is a big part of the game again as that’s probably my biggest reason to not r5
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    God
    As long as your opponent isn't bleed immune, you're good to go
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Ahong said:

Why would bothered someone rating which has a different perspective. Use your own evaluation.

I have to agree with this. I listen to feedback from others, but I always form my own views. I don't rely on someone else's list for who is useful and who isn't. I think it's important that we all spend our own time getting to know Champs. Of course, it can be helpful to get feedback from other people. I'm just not devout with it.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Pretty good
    He has his uses, yes

but with others cosmics like hyperion,medusa,corvus and even new captain marvel, he isnt nowhere close to them.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    God
    He is a great champ with high utility, but he isnt Cull Obsidian or Ghost level.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    God

Most the whales promote same champs for Kabam that are really hard to get. They use same champs every fight and those champs u put in ur mind as TOP when there are actually a lot that are awesome. Hood is a prime example of a champ getting no publicity but does A LOT of utility. His invisibility makes energy attacks and 45% physical miss. He power steals and stun immune during invisibility cooldown if awakened. His BASIC hits stagger and then steal health when staggers expire. His L2 Hexes turns u invisible then does burst energy damage when expires. All this yet listed as Ok champ.......u cant go completely 100% by whales AND youtubers...they get all luck and make Kabam money

Yes another Hood lover! He's so awesome to play man I just love him. However imma have to correct and add 1 thing for your explanation to be 100% correct:

1) His invisibility makes physical attacks 45% to miss and double that for non-contact attacks so 90%. Non-contact attacks are not the same as energy attacks. Here's an interesting read on that topic.

2) He also has more crit damage rate and ignores 75% armor and block proficiency while invisible.

Besides that u got everything correct and hyped him up a fair bit, good writeup!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Meme

I wouldn’t listen to most tier list. The ones on YouTube are mostly just endgame whales that don’t see the full utility of a champ. It’s better to ask your alliance members
    But yes Venom is amazing. I have lots of fun farming potions with him

How did those endgame players get to become endgame players? Dont they have to go through the same content as the rest of us? Also the most popular tier list out there is made by someone who has 1 endgame account and 2 f2p accounts so not sure what you are getting at here.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Meme

Id place him in God tier. Some of the lists i see just looks like a joke to me. How can you put half the champs in beyond god? To me beyond god tiers are the ones who can do just about every fight in this game and are a clear step ahead of other champs. While i love venom he falls short of getting there

Which tiers have half the roster as beyond god tier? Most lists have very clear power gap, for example CapIw is a step above venom with how viable he is in soo many pieces of content.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Above god
    If I listened to my head I would have said God Tiers or Upper Demi God but I didn't and listened to my heart instead, hence the Above God Tiers. I used him against IW and he worked great (granted a lot a champs do that).
    Also those bloody evasive manoeuvers from the Spidermen used to get me a lot back when I started but now they are the one ending up bloody thanks to Venom... And I know he can struggle in some fights when the enemy is bleed immune but as long as there's a buff to eat, there's a SP1 waiting to happen !
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Above god
    No one is talking about his buffs, which are random but under your control with a heavy. Venom is a beast, even against bleed immune champions.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Genuine question here, how is Venom a "God Tier" or equivalent level champ? he has decent damage and bleeds don't get me wrong, but it seems people put him above someone like Archangel? How does Venom also have great utility, he has no immunites power control etc.? Not talking down, just surprised so many people think he's worth the 5/65 and I don't understand it.
    (Yes I've used him as a duped 5* and 100% Variant 2)