**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the refund policy

CaykoCayko Posts: 111
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
The thing is you don't reimburs people for the **** YOU cost them. It's all from hazy phrasings, inconsistent phrasings, bugs etc and what not. If you were legit with that alot of people wouldn't have to refund but you just leave em with the only option to buy their own stuff back which you cost them. Ofcourse they'll refund that.

They have gotten those refunds cuz payment method, with a cash pool held by the middle man (apple, google) is to ensure that all trades are accordingly. In alot of instances the middle man (apple, google) hasn't agreed with your bad ways with customers.

Now you're literally saying "if we can't push you around we won't allow you to buy anything".

That's applying pressure, or leverage, in this middle man system, trying to tamper with it. What does the middle man (apple, google) say about that? If I'm not mistaken your game is dependant on their platforms.

Remember, alot of the refunds that went down was cause by you, making people feel the need to take something back.

Comments

• Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    I hope not as a player should be able to voice his opinion, I haven’t broken the rules in this post as it’s a view and would like to see what they have to say to this
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    edited June 2019

I do not have a problem with this and understand why Kabam did it. How about adding something fair onto this for the players. All I ask is that purchased items not expire. i am talking about those boosts and pots with some deals. That seems inherently unfair. Frankly I am surprised that it is permitted.

I do agree that this is one way to nail the real cheaters and I would even support it IF they did own up to their own mistakes, which they usually don't.
    It's not the big stuff like that bs in act 6.2 as of now but minor ones as input losses, that sp3 bug (where your champ ran towards the opponent) etc which makes you need to use alliance potions. I don't know of any occurance a guy has gotten his stuff back
    That what I’m getting at

Player a - bought 1500units to beat champion boss that was bugged and couldn’t be taken down

Player b - bought 3000units to beat champion boss that was bugged and couldn’t be taken down

My point is I understand why Kabam is coming from but, every player would of spend different amounts, unless they look at who used the most items and spent the largest amount of units and then reward, every single player that experienced the bugged boss, that amount .

That’s my point we would of all used and spent different amounts,
    Let’s wait and see if it’s outstanding and amazing and covered the amount I spent ect then hats off Kabam, people shouldn’t get in app refunds but if it’s doesn’t come close to what they spent
    Should they be entitled to in app refund ??
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I kind of fail to see how any bugs, glitches or other issues are related to people buying stuff, in other words agreeing to a contract, and then trying to get a refund from a third party, breaking both said contract and the sorrounding tos.

Well in cases of bad descriptions or faulty goods such as for example
    There was a crystal which guaranteed a certain 4 or 5* champ which included war machine
    Didn’t say 5* war machine was excluded so some collectors bought it with the intent of getting him and he wasn’t in it
    Or in cases of the t5cc deal where it didn’t state the amount of shards per crystal and showed one of the same design as the 11.25k fragment crystals
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mingo0312 said:

That what I’m getting at

Player a - bought 1500units to beat champion boss that was bugged and couldn’t be taken down

Player b - bought 3000units to beat champion boss that was bugged and couldn’t be taken down

My point is I understand why Kabam is coming from but, every player would of spend different amounts, unless they look at who used the most items and spent the largest amount of units and then reward, every single player that experienced the bugged boss, that amount .

That’s my point we would of all used and spent different amounts,
    Let’s wait and see if it’s outstanding and amazing and covered the amount I spent ect then hats off Kabam, people shouldn’t get in app refunds but if it’s doesn’t come close to what they spent
    Should they be entitled to in app refund ??

In AQ and AW, you have to revive and push on because you kinda have to if you don’t want to screw your other alliance mates. In the example you mentioned about 6.2.6, they didn’t have to spend that many units to take down the Champion. They did it because they’re impatient and didn’t want to wait for the issue to resolve itself. Once I find a bug in regular quests that I can’t beat due to a bug I quit and wait for it to be fixed. Energy is cheap.
    But how did we know it was bugged when it’s first released?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Jaded said:

Except when facing the mephisto vs 6.2.6 the champion boss. In which mephisto didn’t stop him from producing buffs. I wrote to support, they asked for a video of it. So I had to revive mephisto, take the video and send other information. I asked for the revive to be refunded to my account and “support” refused to until they could consider full compensation for this bug.

On that fight, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal effects. Soul imprisonment is a fate seal effect (or at least, most likely is).

For the topic of the thread, two different things are being discussed here. Compensation and refund.
    Imagine someone would buy units. Then ask a refund and get the money back, and still keep the units. How is that fair? Why would someone be against this?
    Talking about compensation for bugs is a different thing here. You are taking advantage of something to talk about other, and things like these happen for every update with the usual threads "yeh new content is nice, but what about the bugs?" or the "hey you are fixing this bug, but what about THIS ONE?".
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Except when facing the mephisto vs 6.2.6 the champion boss. In which mephisto didn’t stop him from producing buffs. I wrote to support, they asked for a video of it. So I had to revive mephisto, take the video and send other information. I asked for the revive to be refunded to my account and “support” refused to until they could consider full compensation for this bug.

On that fight, The Champion is immune to Fate Seal effects. Soul imprisonment is a fate seal effect (or at least, most likely is).
    Don’t think it is pretty sure it’s own type of effect might be wrong though
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

It’s not, the support staff confirmed it was a bug. Idc about “compensation”, I just wanted that revive back. I was happy to back out of the fight and not use any items.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    This is all in preparation for July 4th deals, a lot of third party people out there login in using fraud accounts and buying stuff for people. This was rampant last year, as people were basically paying 50 - 75 for 100$ purchase. Then what happened is those third parties were claiming refunds or fraud and getting cash back. They may be the worst but they know when something is hitting the pocket book. That's why they give the example they did. Of course this only hurts the middle range players that try to buck the system we all know the top 10% is above the law in Kabam's eyes.
    I want to highlight, I don’t expect compensation to be anything I haven’t used or spent on this issue (bug). But compensation, in any of place would be what u lost out on and then more to compensate for the the hassle, but I can’t see that happening
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

For the topic of the thread, two different things are being discussed here. Compensation and refund.
    Imagine someone would buy units. Then ask a refund and get the money back, and still keep the units. How is that fair? Why would someone be against this?
    Talking about compensation for bugs is a different thing here. You are taking advantage of something to talk about other, and things like these happen for every update with the usual threads "yeh new content is nice, but what about the bugs?" or the "hey you are fixing this bug, but what about THIS ONE?".
    It’s the same reason awakened Voodoo gains a regen buff to start the fight against Mephisto, Soul Imprisonment reduces the chance by 100% but Champion has +% chance to activate buffs.