**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dear Kabam, PLEASE stop overstuffing already stacked classes.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★

If we had this conversation a couple years ago, it would be going a very different way, with Mystics being the top of everyone's mind, and Mutants lagging quite far behind, but not as far behind as Science.

The Contest is always changing, and with each new addition, we see the power dynamic of classes change. This will continue to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if this same thread pops up a year from now asking for new, strong, Cosmic or Mutant Champions.

So true. I remember for so long, Mystic was the strongest.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    but you have to consider the diffrence between 4*s and 6*s as well! mystic were good when 4*s were a thing now champions are 10x more powerful and exist in 6*s! we cant possibly compare a 6* ironfist,mordo,mephisto,dormamu,DS, to what 6* cull obisidian,omega,namor,domino,corvus,new capt.marvel can do! oh even newly released mystics diablo or ebony cant even come close to what 4* version or these champs can do. keeping a little balance among champs m classes cant hurt.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Zayo_278 said:

Introduce cythorak and the ancient one for mystics and buff up dormammu.

I think if they made Wong a great character, he’d be a fan favorite for sure
  • If we had this conversation a couple years ago, it would be going a very different way, with Mystics being the top of everyone's mind, and Mutants lagging quite far behind, but not as far behind as Science.

The Contest is always changing, and with each new addition, we see the power dynamic of classes change. This will continue to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if this same thread pops up a year from now asking for new, strong, Cosmic or Mutant Champions.

Yeah, they were the pinnacle for awhile.Then came Blade, the MD nerf, and no new Mystics for awhile. Of the last 3 we got, only 1 was worthy of attention. Symbiote Supreme. Let's face it, Diablo blows. Maw... eh... could've been worse, but also could've been better. At this point, I'd settle for a MCU Variant of Doctor Strange coming in.

There's a wonderful list on Page 1 of great Mystic champs. Also, and I'll keep pushing for this one because he's pretty raw dog IMO, VENGEANCE!!! He looks pretty sick, and GR needs a buddy, lol. Or perhaps with the coming of the Ghost Rider series on Hulu we'll see a Robbie Reyes variant of the Rider and maybe Hellstrom considering he's also getting a series. There's also Satana, Clea Strange, Supergiant (although she could go Cosmic just the same), Sister Grimm, or Elsa Bloodstone. I'd be down to see any of those come into the contest.

If we had this conversation a couple years ago, it would be going a very different way, with Mystics being the top of everyone's mind, and Mutants lagging quite far behind, but not as far behind as Science.

Yeah, they were the pinnacle for awhile.Then came Blade, the MD nerf, and no new Mystics for awhile. Of the last 3 we got, only 1 was worthy of attention. Symbiote Supreme. Let's face it, Diablo blows. Maw... eh... could've been worse, but also could've been better. At this point, I'd settle for a MCU Variant of Doctor Strange coming in.

There's a wonderful list on Page 1 of great Mystic champs. Also, and I'll keep pushing for this one because he's pretty raw dog IMO, VENGEANCE!!! He looks pretty sick, and GR needs a buddy, lol. Or perhaps with the coming of the Ghost Rider series on Hulu we'll see a Robbie Reyes variant of the Rider and maybe Hellstrom considering he's also getting a series. There's also Satana, Clea Strange, Supergiant (although she could go Cosmic just the same), Sister Grimm, or Elsa Bloodstone. I'd be down to see any of those come into the contest.
    Some good ideas there. I think the point Miike was getting at was that it always shifts. I don't think we'll ever be at a point where each Class is equally as strong. It entirely depends on what's added that year. It fluctuates.
    I remember when Science was all people were asking for.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

you missed the part where they nerfed 2 mystics instead of bringing counters to the champs which they do now. And now one of the mystics is in 5* where he is like the antman of all pulls and one is waiting forever to be in 5* crystals bcoz she is op???? makes no sense when we have champs like domino, ghost and havok in 5* and 6*
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    There are plenty of champs to choose from and every single one has its use. Colossus is not great but he is bleed immune, kamala Khan is a load of garbage but is poison immune, good for taking out abominations especially with the recent nano-shock node. Iron fist is probably the most useless in existence but he can still fight many many champions and win. If anything, we don’t need any more additions to the game. Improve what you have instead of having every single champion
  • Oh Absolutely @GroundedWisdom , no doubt man. It always fluctuates. Just been a bit since we got some nice solid Mystic action. Hopefully soon we'll see someone wicked get added to the Mystic class. I will always love Mystics in general, but that's just me. I know plenty do as well, but there's also those that couldn't care less. Can't please everyone all the time, lol.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Lormif said:

Its a matter of the comics. There is a massive number of mutants but not many tech or especially good mystics.

Do not give me that excuse, there aren't less potential mystic/tech characters if you actually look for them for like, 5 minutes.
    Trouble is, a lot of your examples are villains rather than heroes; and on balance, the game developers tend to favour producing a greater proportion of heroes.

Also half your examples would be Science or some other class. I mean, Cloak and Dagger got their powers from an experimental drug; Scorpion was given his by the Power Broker, Spiderman 2099 genetically modified himself in a scientific experiment. Odin would clearly be Cosmic...

Wiccan and Malekith are nice suggestions, though; and there are rumours Dracula could be on the way.
  • Akhilxcx said:

you missed the part where they nerfed 2 mystics instead of bringing counters to the champs which they do now. And now one of the mystics is in 5* where he is like the antman of all pulls and one is waiting forever to be in 5* crystals bcoz she is op???? makes no sense when we have champs like domino, ghost and havok in 5* and 6*
    It was a summary. I know there's more. Plenty more. There's also the tin man with a helmet that's 800k in loyalty... who ends up being rather useless, lol. There's a myriad of Mystics that could use a Buff. No question. There's also that SW situation. She'd be a welcomed addition to the 5* pool for sure! Maybe someday.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    "Introducing Symbiote Iron Spider (cosmic) and Uncle Ben's ghost (mystic). Sym Iron Spider will have the damage output of Sparky and the defensive abilities of IMIW. Uncle Ben will have Ebony Maw's damage and Electro's health pool", Kabam replies

"Introducing Symbiote Iron Spider (cosmic) and Uncle Ben's ghost (mystic). Sym Iron Spider will have the damage output of Sparky and the defensive abilities of IMIW. Uncle Ben will have Ebony Maw's damage and Electro's health pool", Kabam replies

Not to impune on your idea, but this is what popped into my head. Lol!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Blade could have gone either way. Since his kit focuses mainly on using his swords and guns to bleed, it makes sense he’s skill. The only real mysticism in his kit he utilizes is his enhanced regeneration factor. Honestly this debate is far less important than other champ debates. Like Korg being skill instead of cosmic. Sometimes Kabam/Marvel just classify them to what might be needed in the game. When Blade came out, so did two other mystics and skill was a really awful class. Probably the worst class at the time honestly. It wasn’t until Blade was introduced as skill that the class finally started gaining some momentum.

You're overlooking what is unquestionably his greatest ability and why the term "Holy Trinity" exists in this game: Danger Sense. This is a mystic ability he has because he is part vampire.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    DalBot said:

V1PER1987 said:

Blade could have gone either way. Since his kit focuses mainly on using his swords and guns to bleed, it makes sense he’s skill. The only real mysticism in his kit he utilizes is his enhanced regeneration factor. Honestly this debate is far less important than other champ debates. Like Korg being skill instead of cosmic. Sometimes Kabam/Marvel just classify them to what might be needed in the game. When Blade came out, so did two other mystics and skill was a really awful class. Probably the worst class at the time honestly. It wasn’t until Blade was introduced as skill that the class finally started gaining some momentum.

You're overlooking what is unquestionably his greatest ability and why the term "Holy Trinity" exists in this game: Danger Sense. This is a mystic ability he has because he is part vampire.
    Or he’s just very adept at fighting certain enemies, in this case villains and mystics. If you trained extensively to just defeat one type of enemy, you would eventually learn how to fight them more efficiently. You would know how to engage (lower ability accuracy) and hit them where they’re most vulnerable (attack bonus). Danger Sense doesn’t have to have a mystic origin.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    edited July 2019

Lormif said:

Its a matter of the comics. There is a massive number of mutants but not many tech or especially good mystics.

Here are a few

Mystic
    1) Doctor Doom
    2) Enchantress
    3) Dracula
    4) Blackheart
    5) Odin
    6) Morbius
    7) Werewolf by Night
    8) The Living Mummy
    9) Wiccan
    10) The Ancient One
    11) Kaecillius
    12) Malekith
    13) Cloak and Dagger

Tech
    1) Whiplash
    2) Lady Deathstrike
    3) Jocasta
    4) Ironheart
    5) Tinkerer
    6) Shocker
    7) Forge
    8) The Destroyer
    9) Spider-Man 2099
    10) Titanium Man
    11) Scorpion
    12) Scorpion 2099

Do not give me that excuse, there aren't less potential mystic/tech characters if you actually look for them for like, 5 minutes.
    Ummm. Morbius is definitely science.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Aryl said:

I mean... Kabam is trying.

Lormif said:

Here are a few

Mystic
    1) Doctor Doom
    2) Enchantress
    3) Dracula
    4) Blackheart
    5) Odin
    6) Morbius
    7) Werewolf by Night
    8) The Living Mummy
    9) Wiccan
    10) The Ancient One
    11) Kaecillius
    12) Malekith
    13) Cloak and Dagger

Tech
    1) Whiplash
    2) Lady Deathstrike
    3) Jocasta
    4) Ironheart
    5) Tinkerer
    6) Shocker
    7) Forge
    8) The Destroyer
    9) Spider-Man 2099
    10) Titanium Man
    11) Scorpion
    12) Scorpion 2099

Same with dr doom debately
    Spider man 2099 is science
    Odin is cosmic
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Anyway... there are a ton of mystic champs to pull from the GR side of Marvel.

Vengeance... Hannibal King... Hellstrom... Danny Ketch with Zadkiel...
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

Aryl said:

I mean... Kabam is trying.

Lormif said:

Here are a few

Mystic
    1) Doctor Doom
    2) Enchantress
    3) Dracula
    4) Blackheart
    5) Odin
    6) Morbius
    7) Werewolf by Night
    8) The Living Mummy
    9) Wiccan
    10) The Ancient One
    11) Kaecillius
    12) Malekith
    13) Cloak and Dagger

Tech
    1) Whiplash
    2) Lady Deathstrike
    3) Jocasta
    4) Ironheart
    5) Tinkerer
    6) Shocker
    7) Forge
    8) The Destroyer
    9) Spider-Man 2099
    10) Titanium Man
    11) Scorpion
    12) Scorpion 2099

Same with dr doom debately
    Spider man 2099 is science
    Odin is cosmic
    Dr Doom is a sorcerer?
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    In my account i have 4t2 alpha but dont have class catalyst 😭😭😭
  • MasterB8terMasterB8ter Posts: 8
    Besides the already mentioned potential mystics, I'd add a few that I've been wanting to see:

Man-thing (could be science bc he injects a serum. but it's said mystical forces caused his transformation)
    Nightmare
    Topaz
    Jennifer kale
    Monica Rambeau (some might say cosmic, but exposure to extra-dimensional energy gave her powers)
    Shuma-gorath
    Fin Fang Foom

The last two could be hard to pull off lol. There's more I'm sure, but those were the ones not listed that i could think of off the top of my head.

Tech is tougher though. You could argue that many of the characters in the tech class could be skill, bc their expert use of technology is in itself a skill, eh? Lol
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118

This is the only time I have ever, and probably will ever quote a mod, but I always here mods posting about "balance". If balance is such an importance to them, then they shouldn't use the excuse "contest is always changing......power dynamic of classes change". If balance is so important then there shouldn't have been this conversation a couple years ago....nor should it be now. Maybe advise the devs that for future planning bring in different classes instead of the same one for....let me say it again..."balance". Only cause one class was more dynamic a few years ago doesn't mean now the other classes have to be dynamic and leave that other one rotting. Just my two cents but whatevs. lol
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

This is the only time I have ever, and probably will ever quote a mod, but I always here mods posting about "balance". If balance is such an importance to them, then they shouldn't use the excuse "contest is always changing......power dynamic of classes change". If balance is so important then there shouldn't have been this conversation a couple years ago....nor should it be now. Maybe advise the devs that for future planning bring in different classes instead of the same one for....let me say it again..."balance". Only cause one class was more dynamic a few years ago doesn't mean now the other classes have to be dynamic and leave that other one rotting. Just my two cents but whatevs. lol
    In fact mike said: Lets do balance by picking one class and then unalance it and then recreate Balance by making another class unbalanced again... oke? LOL
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

Exactly my point. They're saying that if one class is overpowered now, some other class will be overpowered then. Where's the balance in this?
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Mystic, I agree with. But tech has a lot of great options. Sparky, darkhawk, SL, sentinel, ghost are all obvious. But also, doc ock is a great power/health controller, visions are great power controllers, yondu is a solid heal blocker, IMIW is a swiss army knife and counters annoying matchups like korg, vulture is super underrated and counters havok easily, nebula and ultron are great double immunity champions, and now there’s a new addition to the class who looks pretty solid in Mysterio. Tech is pretty decently stacked

Well if you're considering champions with such niche uses then I should consider Mister Sinister, Wolverine, Wolverine X-23, Hela, Angela, Thor, Bishop, Heimdall, The Champion too, right? Will anyone actually take up Vulture or Yondu for such mediocre uses? I don't think so.
    I took Yondu up to deal with the passive AI in just about everything.
    And buffet and masochism nodes. Just to make em go away with spam sp1 lol
    yeah, that too. Also Mr. Sinister anywhere.
    Okay. I guess you guys proved me wrong there, sorry. But still, if you look at how many champions in the tech and mystic class who have uses like these, and then compare them to the champions in the mutant and cosmic class, they're still lagging behind in numbers.
    Eh ita just how games like this go. For the longest time mystic was the top class. Now it is a bit lacking comparativly speaking. Itll come back around.
    Mystic was never a powerfull class.Is there any champion or was who can do every single content in game faster than aegon,ghost,blade like character no way.Even scarlet witch was not available as 5*.But that's a different thing.Magic and symbiot supreme only good for short fights even depending on which nodes on we are using them
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Don't forget about the science class either... science mutant and cosmic are extremely stacked compared to skill mystic and tech