**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion generates too much power all of random

You need to nerf this champ, he is really OP.

Nothing is needed to he generates extra power. It happends so often.

Hyperion is already good on its own, has massive incinerate and a long heavy attack. Extra power being generated all of random makes him even more OP.

You have to nerf him

Comments

• I respectfully disagree (mostly because he's my top champ) but he's manageable on map 6. I don't think a nerf is necessary....for him at least.
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!
    I don't see logic on that either
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    I am against nerfing any champ. Hyperion is annoying, but manageable.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    I respectfully disagree (mostly because he's my top champ) but he's manageable on map 6. I don't think a nerf is necessary....for him at least.

I did not see a nerf neccesary for BW either. I did see a nerf neccesary for thor SW and DS. Hyperion power gain is insane! He should have his power gain behave like Loki's which stops at Special 1.

Hyperion needs a nerf to his power gain badly. I hope for next AQ season we will have it. Kabam wont do it now because he is a map 6 miniboss.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Disagree. They don't need to nerf every Champ that has some strong quality. DS was more than just Power Gain. I don't see the comparison of the two. It wasn't about the individual Abilities. It was the overall combination of everything.
    Sorry, I don't agree. Just because a Champ has some kind of power doesn't mean they should be nerfed. We will never have all Champs of equal power in every aspect in a game like this. Different weaknesses, different strengths.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Please stop asking kabam to wave the nerf stick, DS had great regen where Hyperion is awful, there are many counters too him even tho it can be difficult sometimes, but then why would you want to play if it's not a challenge. The only true op champ was sw, she needed no skill or nuisance to play, she was a button bashers dream come true. DS an Thor were only great champs in the proper hands.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    I respectfully disagree (mostly because he's my top champ) but he's manageable on map 6. I don't think a nerf is necessary....for him at least.

I did not see a nerf neccesary for BW either. I did see a nerf neccesary for thor SW and DS. Hyperion power gain is insane! He should have his power gain behave like Loki's which stops at Special 1.

Hyperion needs a nerf to his power gain badly. I hope for next AQ season we will have it. Kabam wont do it now because he is a map 6 miniboss.

Or..... u can learn how to fight him ie power control champs there r guide on YouTube not every champ should be easy to beat stop making excuses for u being lazy
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    I am against nerfing any champ. Hyperion is annoying, but manageable.

You have a 4k champ vs a 7k Hyperion that: 1. generates often big ammount of power, 2. have a long heavy attack, so you need to dash back twice if you don't wanna get hit, 3. causes incinerate in his E1

If you attack him, he fills his power meter. If you don't, he also fills it. On the time you wait he use special 1 or 2, he may just fill enough to get special 3.

How is that manageable?
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Nullify his power gains; power lock him, use magneto or iceman, Gwenpool, bait out specials, etc
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Let him keep his Power Gain, but stop it at 2 bars of power. You would still have plenty of power to use your level 1 and 2 special attack when you use him. But make him earn his special 3.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Vision, OG vision, Magjik, voodoo, Psylocke, SW, just to name a few off the top of my head. Calling for nerfs because a hero is difficult to fight?? Haven't you learned anything yet??? Nerfing doesn't help the community. Kabam didn't make the game content easier after the nerfed the "GOD" tier champs it got much harder. Hyp is strong and has great power gain, those are his strong suits. That doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Man I guess some folks won't be happy until everyone is nerfed to the ground and the game content is incredibly difficult and then we will all be on fair grounds to spend units like hell to get through the content. Every hero can be defeated with skill. lastly there's this little thing called MD maybe you guys have heard of it, hyp feeds it like crazy. If you're calling for a nerf, take a step back and go to the drawing board and work on your strategy and approach. Hyp is very beatable.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hyperion must be adjusted. His power gain is ridiculous! DS was nerfed because of his power gain. Hyperion must be leveled to DS power gain wise.

Kabam make that happen after this AQ season.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Hyperion must be adjusted. His power gain is ridiculous! DS was nerfed because of his power gain. Hyperion must be leveled to DS power gain wise.

Kabam make that happen after this AQ season.

Or use power control champs he's very doable If
    You wanna put in the effort
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I would have to agree with the ds argument. Kabam stated they needed to nerf him cause he gained power to fast. Now ds gains power slower then any champ in the game meanwhile Hyperion gains power faster then any champ we have ever seen. There should be some balance there. I'm not saying nerf Hyperion but maybe buff ds by one increasing his power gain or let him gain power as normal champs do. It's sad how he went from a great champ to one that is hardly used anymore .
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    You can't ask to nerf a champion only because you can't fight well against him.

Let's nerf Mordo and Nightcrawler then, they're so annoying in aw /irony
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    Disagree. They don't need to nerf every Champ that has some strong quality. DS was more than just Power Gain. I don't see the comparison of the two. It wasn't about the individual Abilities. It was the overall combination of everything.
    Sorry, I don't agree. Just because a Champ has some kind of power doesn't mean they should be nerfed. We will never have all Champs of equal power in every aspect in a game like this. Different weaknesses, different strengths.

You can't be serious? The fact is if Kabam said they were nerfing Hyperion tomorrow you would switch sides. Your arguments are too biased to be meaningful. Hyperion is also way more than just power gain. Hyperion has more abilities than DS. He can regen, gain furies, power gain, incinerate, stun, and armor break.

To the OP, I don't think Hyperion needs to be nerfed. He is definitely manageable with the increase of power control champs. However, DS needs to be restored. He is a joke now.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    My question is why DS power gain was nerfed but then they give insane power gain to hyperion!

Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

I actually kind of agree with you for once. You see, DS has this power gain that cannot be stopped, hence his power gain nerf, while Hyperion's power gain can be stopped by nullifying it. Seems like a justifiable reasoning right? Not exactly.

DS may have a passive power gain, but he CAN be stopped with power steal, power lock, and power drain. Hyperion has a power gain buff that along with the aforementioned strategies, can be nullified, but that's really all there is to it.

It's a good question, why nerf DS's power gain, when it can be stopped. Why doesn't Hyperion get this same treatment? He not only gains power faster than Dr Strange, but he can also gain power through getting hit, or hitting the opponent. That is way better than pre-nerf Dr Strange.

I'm not saying this cuz I can't kill Hyperion, I have a Magik and she works wonders against him. But looking at it from an average player's standpoint who may not have Magik or a power-controlling champion, it does seem quite overpowered. So, I agree that Hyperion's power gain may need to be tweaked a little.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Amazing, I do one edit to my comment because I forgot to put a space between 2 words, and it was removed and awaits moderators' approval before they post it again.

This is dumb really, why can't I do one little amendment to what I want to say without needing to wait many hours so it can be approved and posted.

Anyway, to add a "tl;dr" of the comment I wanted to post earlier, while Hyperion does have counters, pre-nerf Dr Strange had counters too, the same ones in fact, yet Dr Strange was nerfed. Hyperion not only can passively gain power gain through a buff, but he can also gain power like any normal champion (through getting hits and hitting).

This isn't a complain, nor is it a plea to get Hyperion nerfed. It's just a simple question to ponder, why Dr Strange suffers this treatment, but not Hyperion? Just think for a second and compare the pre-nerf Dr strange and Hyperion now
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    A good idea would be for Hyperion to gain less power from getting hit. He can keep his power gains
    But all in all when he's released in arena and lots of players get him, expect a nerf
    And I agree his power gain needs to be reduced if the idea above can't be implemented
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★

Hyperion's power gain should be similar to DS. We need this nerf as soon as possible!

you can say the same thing about his health regen, SWs to. nerf it to hell, but give lots of regen to voodoo and GR. weird.
  • NanaPokuNanaPoku Posts: 50
    Hyperion, like a lot of some new champs are clearly stronger than most of the champs in the roster. The reason they nerfed pre 12.0 top champs was the disparity in usefulness between the top and the rest. tell me how this is different now.

To the people suggesting power control champs, tell me this: which power control champ can get to a level 1 (most of them require level 2 to actually control power, but i am being generous here) before hyperion gains his sp3???

And before you mention baiting - the time you spend baiting his sp1 or sp2, that is time he is gaining power to an sp3. 9 out of 10 times he won't catch the bait; If he does a heavy, the animation is long enough for him to gain at least a bar of power. His power simply cant be controlled like other champs so the "power control solution" doesn't really hold. Awakened OG vision could work, but how many of the player base have him or can get him? And wasn't the rationale behind 12.0 to make it so that we don't rely on just one champ to defeat certain opponents? (BW against electros, spideys and thorns)

It is good that you have managed to pull him and that he gets you a lot of kills in AW but you can't deny the fact that the power gap between him and the rest is much wider than it was between DS and the rest pre 12.0

• Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    Nebula wrote: »
    Nullify his power gains; power lock him, use magneto or iceman, Gwenpool, bait out specials, etc

Magneto can only powerlock,and gwenpool dont tell about her.even though we use gp sp2 he get full 3 bars of power before we can reach sp2
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    The whole nerfing needs to stop period. Before releasing a champ they need to be tested properly. They release a champ amd show their details..people put in time/units into arena to get them and spend units on featured crystals to get them. The effort or units spend to get them in mainly based on the stats they have (spotlight). Then the champ get nerfed after few weeks for either "not function correctly" or being to strong and can handle some content better then other champs. Or "our data shows some champs are being used more then others". Well we earned those champ and its our choise who we use.. not for kabam to nerf the champs we all mostly love to use.

In the end of the day in manny cases champs end up less then their former self..sometimes alot less to basicly useless. There are sevral champs that have been nerfed sevral times.. dr strange for example has been nerfed 2 or 4 times with the last nerf being extreemly drastic placing him from one of must used and desired champs to one of the less used.

This whole nerfing needs to stop..its basicly bait and switch. You put in time efford and /or units/money..then afterwards the champ (produckt) gets changed.. other then the "prestige game" and the desire to have the latest champ there almost no reason to go for featured crystals anymore.

Test the **** out of new champs before you release them so you dont dissapoint alot of players by adjusting (nerf) them afterwards.
  • DJSmitty21DJSmitty21 Posts: 3
    Has anyone noticed the one's who lack skill, can't adapt and has no strategy complains​ and want certain Champions to be nerfed?? I see taking the easy way out is alot of people choices. Home your skills. Nerfing in my opinion is the last thing we as players and Kabam as the game developers should do.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    DJSmitty21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the one's who lack skill, can't adapt and has no strategy complains​ and want certain Champions to be nerfed?? I see taking the easy way out is alot of people choices. Home your skills. Nerfing in my opinion is the last thing we as players and Kabam as the game developers should do.

Ain't about honing any skills (not home your skills)
    Kabam loves to balance champs, well they should balance him// or they should leave him the way he is because if I get him from arena after spending a lot of time and they nerf him, Oh God.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Cheyneed wrote: »

You can't be serious? The fact is if Kabam said they were nerfing Hyperion tomorrow you would switch sides. Your arguments are too biased to be meaningful. Hyperion is also way more than just power gain. Hyperion has more abilities than DS. He can regen, gain furies, power gain, incinerate, stun, and armor break.

To the OP, I don't think Hyperion needs to be nerfed. He is definitely manageable with the increase of power control champs. However, DS needs to be restored. He is a joke now.

I have no bias in the matter. Just the ability to see the whole picture and the reasons he was nerfed. Quite the opposite. I have no personal bias. That's why I can see the reality of it.
  • Perhaps this should be mildly nerfed at best. I really do not like Hyperion, but he's not impossible. Just the same, when he nails you with 2 SP3 attacks in one match while you're decimating him only to die after the second attack is indeed a little irritating. The 1st one isn't that bad, but the 2nd one ends up dealing 3x more damage than the 1st. The power gain cut off should occur at SP2 fill at minimum. The character is already a beast without power gain. So a MILD nerfing might be the way. Although, I do understand how this irritates those that rely on him as a primary champ. Would a power gain cutoff at SP2 be that bad? Hyperion owners? What say you?