**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 7 compensation?! Seriously?!

13»

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Dakine86 said:

i did CSWS with corvus on day 1 when that node came out, used 0 items, got a bunch of free stuff today, sweet lol

25 timeouts?
    haha think it was 1 or 2 per fight
    That was also just day 1. It was much worse by day 4-5
  • Options
    Actually it got fixed day 5 now that I think about it. Days 3 and 4 were pretty bad though
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    How were they able to pull data on exactly how much each player spent on mystic cores and provide refunds specific to each player but couldn’t do the same here? Way less people play map 7 than had the mystic dispersion mastery....
    I don’t care about the level of rewards as I wasn’t expecting anything more than what I spent but taking a month to not hand out player specific rewards when we’ve seen them do it before is what’s irritating to me.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Greywarden the only problem with player specific awards is this is a team event. It cost everyone in the battlegroups and alliance if the node didnt get dropped on top of the items an individual player used. I dont feel like this was factored into the comp at all.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Dakine86 said:

i did CSWS with corvus on day 1 when that node came out, used 0 items, got a bunch of free stuff today, sweet lol

25 timeouts?
    For sure, we only ran map 7 day 1 because it wasn't worth the headache.
  • Options

Dakine86 said:

25 timeouts?
    Which I was quite thankful for lol
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I'm not arguing if people personally feel it's not enough. They have every right to express that. I'm saying myself, personally, I don't see it as low. There are Map Crystals with that as well. Revs are a different story. As much as people argue that's what it takes to "hang" at the top, there are certain expectations and pressures that Allies place on their Members that the game can't compensate for. I know I'm coming off as argumentative, and I apologize for that tone. That has more to do with the expectation levels than this situation. If people don't feel it was worth what they put into it, I can't argue with that because it's their experience. My view is it's a reasonable amount when you consider what they can't do. There are more than Revs in it.

Please Stop you didn't even do map 7 and face these bugs so how do you actually know what is reasonable?
  • Options

I'm not arguing if people personally feel it's not enough. They have every right to express that. I'm saying myself, personally, I don't see it as low. There are Map Crystals with that as well. Revs are a different story. As much as people argue that's what it takes to "hang" at the top, there are certain expectations and pressures that Allies place on their Members that the game can't compensate for. I know I'm coming off as argumentative, and I apologize for that tone. That has more to do with the expectation levels than this situation. If people don't feel it was worth what they put into it, I can't argue with that because it's their experience. My view is it's a reasonable amount when you consider what they can't do. There are more than Revs in it.

The fact is they didn't roll back map 7 availability so people competing for top AQ spots still had to run it if they wanted to finish in their goal.

Had they disabled map 7 all together it would be a different story as it would still be an even playing field of prestige vs prestige.

They didn't do that though, they left horribly bugged content available for people to play so those that wanted to compete for a top spot still "had" to run it.

I have an issue with leaving bugged content out and then compensating for it with less than it took to finish day 1 in most cases let alone day 4. If they want to use us as testers, they need to make it right when they completely drop the ball. Unfortunately I'm aware of what game I play and that is a horrendously unrealistic expectation
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

The thing with bugged AQ, you can't just back out and come back later like story or EQ content. Once you select a map, that's it you're stuck with it.

So while I'm definitely one to chastise people for foolishly brute forcing through story content that may be bugged, with AQ you don't really have a option other than push or fail.

I asked earlier how you fail at AQ. What I meant is, you get Rewards no matter what. You don't need to finish the Map to earn Rewards. You have Peak Milestones, as well as Rank Rewards. There really is no failing.
    However, I get it. I'm not blind. I know what you're saying. I just don't agree that they can give back that amount when Allies decide you must get past it no matter what.
    So if Kabam accidently made all the champions in AQ five times stronger and added Aspect of War as a global node for a week, you would say "We don´t deserve compensation, we got rewards anyways"? The point is that nodes were broken and made the Map significantly harder than usually, thus people had to use more items, and blieve it or not: Alliances that run Map 7 actually use items in AQ because it´s harder than the Map 2 you do. A lot of the points in AQ come from killing Minibosses and obviously the main Boss, if you can´t finish the map due to a bug you´re missing out on a huge amount of points, which leads to less rewards. It can´t really be more simple than that, I don´t know why you´re trying to argue that.
    That's not what I said. I never said anyone didn't deserve anything. I said there are expectations that Allies place, that they can't reasonably give back in a collective Compensation. There's only so much that comes with these things.
  • Options
    Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239

Dakine86 said:

25 timeouts?
    Yeah we did 1-3 and 5.
  • Options
    Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    Be lucky you even got compensation,you guys are the ones pushing forward. If you see its bugged then dont do it. No one made you.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Be lucky you even got compensation,you guys are the ones pushing forward. If you see its bugged then dont do it. No one made you.

Except for the at least the first day when you had to do it as your ally already paid the donations for it
    Also can a mod comment on this
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Jaded said:

Mauled said:

The way I see it isn’t the compensation that’s the issue. Kabam put out hugged content, acknowledged it and provided a level of compensation. That they should have given out more compensation to those affected is obvious but I think the true crux of the matter is that the items that we have access to are far too expensive and are irrelevant if you have more than a R3 4*.

If the potions and revives were percentage revives then they 180 units for a level 2 revive that healed your champion, say 10% rather than 1650hp then players wouldn’t be having to spend an Odin/day or blowing a month of hard arena grinding just to get through one path. Then when Kabam give out a poor quality compensation at least they’re actually relevant.

Correct me if I’m wrong though, didn’t we get a free week of AQ shortly after all of this? (Looking further into the past than a week requires a memory I do not possess) Doesn’t cover the unit/item use but eases the donations a little bit

Free week hasn’t happened yet.
    In which case - man the pitchforks - I thought they’d already done it, might have just been the initial release freebie I was thinking of.

Either way, my main gripe is that if you’re forced to revive and boost up etc. for whatever reason it shouldn’t cost you £100 to fully heal a champion in AQ/AW