**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Frustrated by the Class Trip gating

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool was easier for a very specific reason. It was part of a gesture for Players. They won't all be that easy. While the bits and pieces of this are intricate, it's not that difficult in my opinion, just spread out over time. The Rewards are quite significant as well. 6* Shards, 5* Shards, T5B Frags, Leg Crystal....
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

The Kabam team compared it to Gwenpool when they released it.
    They said it was similar, but more difficult (harder fights) and better rewards.

A 5* last year, should be a 6* this year just to have equivalent rewards.

A 5* last year is not equiv to a 6* this year, no way no how. In addition it comes with lots of rankup mats.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    My main complaint is the gating.

I just want the freedom to get whupped by content I'm not ready for
    . . . or I might surprise myself and do well and feel awesome.

That is how it was just one little year ago.
  • Options
    FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

Then catch up on story mode. That is the only way they have to know how someone is doing.
  • Options
    I am caught up on Story mode and COULD do any level.
    I want to do all difficulties as my energy and interest allows (like all the past side quests until just recently).
    The current estimates I am reading are:
    you have enough Shield tokens to 100% epic and nothing else (if you try real hard and assuming you can RNG into all the required champs or beat the missing ones 50 times in the last week.

Whee fun (sarcasm)

BTW Story mode does not determine Skill or Roster, so they have no way of knowing how someone is doing. Arbitrary gates are not to determine if you are ready.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

They also provide the means to acquire the Champs along the way of the Event with the Crystals.
  • Options
    via RNG.
    Because of their algorithm, some people will never acquire who they need, no matter how hard they try.

so you are left with the 50 battles method.

Whee fun (sarcasm)
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

via RNG.
    Because of their algorithm, some people will never acquire who they need, no matter how hard they try.

so you are left with the 50 battles method.

Whee fun (sarcasm)

you dont need them at 5*, the gate is not * based, you should probably have them at a * level.
  • Options
    RNG is not kind to all of us.
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Denslo500 said:

The Kabam team compared it to Gwenpool when they released it.
    They said it was similar, but more difficult (harder fights) and better rewards.

A 5* last year, should be a 6* this year just to have equivalent rewards.

They said that this event would be similar in structure and that the rewards won't be the same, they never stated they would be better.
    Also i think the person that started the ideea that Kabam said that the rewards would be better is Proff Hoff.

• Options
    SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    The only thing I'm salty about on this event is the fact that I can't access the epic difficulty like I did last year with the Gwenpool event when at the time I hadn't even completed chapter 4. Although I'm 2 chapters away on 5.2 to hit uncollected I'll see if I can make it before the end of the event
  • Options
    LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    The quest is not that hard at all with the gates. I have 100% explored both chapter one and chapter 2 and legitimately only have a few rank 5 four stars. The gates make little to no difference if you can get through them and have the skills to take on like 7 10k rated opponents. The only issue I see is how hard it is to get those certain champions
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Denslo500 said:

This was never true. A player can't just decide to test themselves on Act 5 before doing Act 4. Why can't I start with the highest difficulty first? The game has pretty much always had prerequisites for content, whether those are level gates or prerequisite content or other prerequisites. Games have structure and the objective is to navigate the structure. Wanting only the structure you personally agree with is asking for a sandbox, not a game. This is not a sandbox, and it never was.
  • Options
    Event Quests are the subject.

Not Story Mode.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Denslo500 said:

Event Quests are the subject.

Not Story Mode.

Things change. Often they change in ways that someone looking at the whole of the game instead of just a tiny piece of it would not be surprised by. But if you're only willing to look at a tiny piece and only willing to discuss a tiny piece, then much of how the game evolves will continue to surprise you, but that's not the fault of the game.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    My only real complaint is the energy requirements. It should be one or energy free for an event that is supposed to appreciate the player base. The 4 energy is literally just to have players use energy refills if you want to complete the entire event quest.
  • Options
    Lightning_ZeusLightning_Zeus Posts: 32
    am I the only ine who have enough shield tokens to do all the levels of class trip?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★

am I the only ine who have enough shield tokens to do all the levels of class trip?

I have sufficient to do only Master and Heroic.
  • Options
    Lightning_ZeusLightning_Zeus Posts: 32

I have sufficient to do only Master and Heroic.
    Maybe i have enough becuz i did almost all solo objectives
    anyway i did some calculating and i really have enough to do beginner through epic
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Other than energy cost I have no complain to this month’s EQ
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I'm not uncollected so I think I have way more shield markers than I need to enter all the quests I'm allowed to play. Just need a sym spidey to actually be able to finish them.

In chapter 4 will we have gates on all 3 paths??
  • Options
    LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    It’s literally set up to reward players who have taken the time and effort to clear most of the game? What you’re asking for would be like if all the story and event quest missions were available from the start. That’s like if I started playing the game yesterday and I felt like I deserved to start Act 6 to see what it’s like. There’s been events and event quests i couldn’t do because of my roster and now i can. It’s just natural progression.
  • Options
    LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    I do however agree that special quests like these shouldn’t require energy to complete because they’re pretty much bonuses with bonus rewards and it’s hard enough for some people to 100% an event quests within the months time. Especially if your max energy is like 50.
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 573 ★★
    Pretty sure Kabam put in the gates to test the waters for future side events. I believe they wanted to see how would people react when they can't enter a difficulty unless they are at a certain progression. I have seen little to no complaints from players talking about how epic is too difficult because if you are uncollected you should be able to do it.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

This is why the Maze was an amazing event ... no gates, very low energy requirement... decent rewards (not great, but decent).

Amazing event? Most people didnt even bother with it cause of the difficultly.

As for this actual quest, the gates aren't that big a deal. Especially with how easy it is to progress through the game nowadays