**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Vivified Node Bugged and Overpowered in Map7

tafretafre Posts: 631 ★★★★
I was asking about the bug on the alliance quest discussion thread for weeks and lately my comments have been deleted and I have been warned by some individual that I should be asking about this on this discussion section so here goes:

The Vivified node has been bugged in Map7 ever since its initial release. The node says that the defender is immune to power drain and lock but it does NOT say anything about power burn and power steal. However, the node is bugged since power burn and power steal do not work against the node as well. When the node was first introduced it had Dr. Voodoo as an option to use against this node as a POWER BURN option but even the champ you guys suggest is not working! There have been people who used OG Vision for POWER BURN, Rogue and Psylocke for POWER STEAL and they failed miserably as well. I personally have been using Corvus, getting 3 charges from the OG vision with mesmerise and taking these fights since he cannot die and other than that I have not found any feasible options.

On top of that, the suggestions that had Spidergwen and Gpool for the enervate are not good options to use because the champions on this path are Killmonger with the node that has a 70% chance to shrug all debuffs, Diablo with his unique unstoppable triggering node, a KORG, Iron Patriot(thanks for an easy fight lol) and a King Groot with 1600 health/sec on the regeneration phase!

So in a nutshell, the node is overpowered, has limited viable options and the options that have been provided are bugged. Can somebody please check the bug that have been on live servers for weeks?

Comments

• Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Would be nice to hear a response, surely if immune to power lock/drain, that in theory other abilities like power burn should work.

Doc Voodoo is a workhorse for me in quests with his abilities, if vivified means power burn immune as well just say so rather than ignoring everyone and eventually robbing them off.
  • Hey there, we let the rest of the team know and they are looking into this.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    The Vivified node will be updated to clarify that the defender has 200% defensive power gain and cannot be affected by Power Drain, Power Steal or Power Burn abilities. It will be possible to use Power Lock abilities. This will be resolved in an upcoming update.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

The Vivified node will be updated to clarify that the defender has 200% defensive power gain and cannot be affected by Power Drain, Power Steal or Power Burn abilities. It will be possible to use Power Lock abilities. This will be resolved in an upcoming update.

Wow. So it sounds like you had an original design intent with clear counters and when it was shown to be bugged decided to just not waste the time fixing it? Just because allies have found ways to clear this node as it is currently does not mean this is the correct way to resolve something like this.
  • ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    edited August 2019
    maybe tone down the power gain rate as well?
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    tafre said:

This honestly sounds like you're making excuses for a bugged node, rather than fix it to be what it was originally intended to do as per the description in the original post regarding Season 6 https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/139441/early-look-alliance-quest-season-6

Exact description used by MCOC Team is below;

Vivified
    This Defender has X% defensive Power Gain, and cannot be Power Drained or Power Locked.
    Enervate Champions will do exceptionally well here. Spider-Gwen or Gwenpool will be handy, but there is a Korg on this path, so Gwenpool will be slightly hampered in that fight. Power Burn is also a great option, so Doctor Voodoo, Dormammu, or even Vulture and Psylocke can work well.

You said Doc Voodoo, Dorm, Vulture would be great for this node, and now because instead of fixing the bug, you're letting the node remain the same but taking the easy way out and changingthe description. Awesome job.
    I believe that changing the node is a better choice, they obviously could not manage to seperate power altering mechanics and decided to stop all of those and switch the node into a power lockable one. A super viable champ, Magik is now an option and enervate champs are also still useable I believe so this might not be a bad change.

However, I agree that this is not the way to treat a super annoying and costly bug which has been bugged from the get go.
    Not sure I agree with that, given what Lyra said, power lock will work, even though originally it wasn't supposed to work, power burn would've been awesome in this node, perhaps it makes you wonder if Kabam had thought, well power burn makes the node to easy, but power lock will be harder, so lets just stick with that.
  • SupervlinderSupervlinder Posts: 64
    It’s an interesting change and happy at least something is being done, but why did this take almost exactly one month after they ‘let the rest of the team know’, compared to how quickly other things got fixed? (One Eye Open)
    If I’m not mistaken this Variation seems to have been the most frequent one and it has been a pain since the start. It would have been appreciated by many if this would have been handled with the same level of urgency.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It’s an interesting change and happy at least something is being done, but why did this take almost exactly one month after they ‘let the rest of the team know’, compared to how quickly other things got fixed? (One Eye Open)
    If I’m not mistaken this Variation seems to have been the most frequent one and it has been a pain since the start. It would have been appreciated by many if this would have been handled with the same level of urgency.

Bc things that makes the game harder are more complicated and take more time to adjust while things that make the game easier are much more simple and easier to change even when the change breaks something else making them act like the newly broken thing was intended all along
  • This change is implemented in the 24.2 game update.
This discussion has been closed.