**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cull Obsidian - NERFED?! Or FIXED?! Fact-checked Fight data by Kiryu

13»

Comments

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    But you know what here is a novel idea, let’s get back to the original topic. Do the numbers support Cull back to his original state, or after the fix is something still off?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    That's difficult to say considering he was bugged in his original state. Then fixed, and broke again. I think the real question is, is this the intended state?
  • Options
    How was he bugged at release? The Thanos Favor issue came after he was released. And that issue was what resulted in the over damage.
  • Options
    Wasn't there 2 fixes pushed? First fix resulted in the Damage increase.
  • Options

Kind of.
    He was working as intended at release. The update broke something with his favors falling off. They fixed that but that resulted in a bug giving more damage.
    Next came the fix of the damage increase
  • Options

Kind of.
    He was working as intended at release. The update broke something with his favors falling off. They fixed that but that resulted in a bug giving more damage.
    Next came the fix of the damage increase
    Ok. Feels like an Abbott and Costello routine. XD
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    @TheKiryu what synergy team were you using to get that regen at the start of the fight?
  • Options
    JustAnotherDudeJustAnotherDude Posts: 61

@TheKiryu what synergy team were you using to get that regen at the start of the fight?

Probably Nick fury with Deadpool or goldpool
  • Options

Definitely that one. Restoration kit.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Lormif said:

@SquishyjrThe_4TH Can you go a bit further to explain how I didn't cover this story correctly?
    I'm watching my vid back and I take information presented on the forums that looks legit, that hasn't been discredited by either community individuals of Kabam. I have been following Cull Obsidians Changes from;
    . Covering him in the CCP (mentioned in my video)
    . The Thanos Favour's not staying paused (bug) of last month
    . The changes to the damage output based on, as said screenshots 'presented on the forums that look legit'

I personally felt based on the information, the delivery and not putting my opinion in that I covered it correctly. Thanks for the criticism, keeps me in check, cheers.

How do you determine what "looks legit", after all the post you showed as your start of it had 16 disagrees and only 8 agrees.
    In general you judge credibility by the content of the post, not by how many people anonymously agree or disagree.

But in this case, if I understand Rich's video correctly (and I'm honestly not always sure I do) that post was only being offered to demonstrate that such things were being discussed, not whether they were accurate or not, and not whether everyone agreed or not. The fact is, such discussions were happening, and that post was an example.

At that point in the video he wasn't saying "this post is proof there's a problem" he was only saying "this post is evidence people are talking about it."
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Ok cool. Thanks.
  • Options
    TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★

Ok cool. Thanks.
    Nf goldpool maw gulk
  • Options
    DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

@Lormif the biggest issue on YouTube is Clickbait, I apologise if that annoyed anyone as its not my intent to do it. I have to get people to see videos, when I posted mcoc news back 3 months ago, I did it with no clickbait = 3-5k viewers less. Dave is in the same boat, he used to post vids with no clickbait and people wouldn't watch, he gains 10k more views based on it. So again I apologise but its the way 90% of us on youtube need to do to get our vids seen.

And part of the reason I stay away from youtube unless I need something and dont subscribe except to channels that dont use it. I appreciate your honesty, but I feel if you have to resort to something like that it is very telling on you.
    Well what would u do if that was your full time job and you wanted to grow to make more money. It’s not like he’s lying. He explains it well in the video, but certain people see the thumb nail and jump too conclusions without watching the video
    There is lying and then there is intellectual dishonesty. Your argument is basically "if you wanted to make money you would do shady things too", and no I would not. After all he knows people sees the thumb nail and knows what conclusion they will jump to, which is specifically why he is doing that.

Lormif said:

@Lormif the biggest issue on YouTube is Clickbait, I apologise if that annoyed anyone as its not my intent to do it. I have to get people to see videos, when I posted mcoc news back 3 months ago, I did it with no clickbait = 3-5k viewers less. Dave is in the same boat, he used to post vids with no clickbait and people wouldn't watch, he gains 10k more views based on it. So again I apologise but its the way 90% of us on youtube need to do to get our vids seen.

And part of the reason I stay away from youtube unless I need something and dont subscribe except to channels that dont use it. I appreciate your honesty, but I feel if you have to resort to something like that it is very telling on you.
    That last line struck a cord with me. When I was doing videos for other sites I learned real quick “watch this video of me doing whatever” didn’t get as much traction as “insert clickbait title of me doing whatever” and thus reducing monthly monetary gain. It doesn’t give anything “telling” in fact it’s all part of marketing.

Yeah I could have lived not doing clickbait or throwing up some obscure reference when doing live shows but if it gets more people watching thus making me more money, I’ll do it. Just like these YouTubers, they do what they need to do to make money, and get their videos seen by the masses. If anything it’s telling that we know how to attract more people.
    It does say something about you, what lengths you are willing to go through to make money, that you are willing to be intellectually dishonest to make more money then being straight up and making less. Just because it is a growing marketing ploy does not mean it is ok. "oh you wont click on my videos, here is a misleading title to get you to click on it"
    Intellectually dishonest? You do realize people do things to make money and make the most they can, right? Every company does it, it’s called marketing.

If I make a video and put time and effort into live shows and because of a bad title I don’t get the revenue needed/wanted, then a good marketing idea would be to use something that grabs people’s attention. You think Nike got to where it’s at by making commercials of people just walking? Every commercial you see is bait to buy their stuff. Same here.
    Yes, I am sorry but intellectually dishonest. That is what click bait titles are. They are made to imply something that is not true. it is not a good idea to imply something that is not true is true, it fits the definition of lying even though we dont directly call it that:

intransitive verb

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase.
    He lied about his past experience.
    2 : to create a false or misleading impression

It is why so many people hate click bait, but also why it generates so much money.
    I didn’t want to join but now I kind of have to.
    The video has 10k views. What do u think, he’s ballin, dripping with cash? He probably made a few hundred dollars of that video, depending on his monetization. Also, u need to change your definition of clickbait.(I’m assuming here)
    Clickbait-misleading title and thumbnail that has nothing to do with video. This is what everybody hates
    Ex. Same title and thumbnail but he played candy crush
    Misleading title/thumbnail- title or thumbnail that is exaggerated or implies things that aren’t true. This is what people don’t like but ignore if the youtuber still addresses the problem.
    Ex. What RTM did. He had a misleading title and thumbnail but he addressed the problem properly in The video.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Djkrdjj said:

The video has 10k views. What do u think, he’s ballin, dripping with cash? He probably made a few hundred dollars of that video, depending on his monetization.

I would be surprised if an MCOC video with 10k views made $50 USD.

I'm not a fan of click bait in general, but I think there's a lot of grey area where titles and thumbnails are allowed to be eye-catching without being directly misleading. And everyone can have their own point of pain for this, but for me personally I think there's a huge difference between a thumbnail that asks a question and one that makes a directly misleading statement. I don't have a particular problem with Rich's thumbnail in this case.

At some point you have to presume a certain amount of awareness on the part of the viewer that they are familiar with how Youtube works, and aren't a robot applying an english language text book to every thumbnail they see.
  • Options
    Last I checked, they make about $6 per 1k Views. Then you have fees that go to YouTube. That may have changed since I checked. Needless to say, you need large numbers to be lucrative.
  • Options
    DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

Last I checked, they make about $6 per 1k Views. Then you have fees that go to YouTube. That may have changed since I checked. Needless to say, you need large numbers to be lucrative.

I may have exaggerated my number a bit,lol, but yea depending on monetization, how many ads, type of ads, it could range from pennies to a hundred bucks
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    One screenshot :)