**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"SUMMONER’S SIGIL"?

AndiYTDEAndiYTDE Posts: 424 ★★★
So, what can we expect from the "summoner´s sigil"? The announcement doesn´t really give much information on what it is/does.
Plus: " Enjoy a free week trial to celebrate the update. "? Is this something we have to pay for?

Comments

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We'll have a detailed announcement going up shortly that explains the Summoner's Sigil.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Hopefully units will pay for it :/
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    If this is yet another way to pay to win I’m going to be really unhappy with this. There’s enough things you can buy already. I used to play another game that did something exactly like this (from what I could tell). I quit that game days after that feature came out.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Crkwest said:

Hopefully units will pay for it :/

Probably not. :(
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Seatin said:

"Gain access to exclusive content, perks and more when you activate your monthly SUMMONER’S SIGIL! The benefits of your Summoner’s Sigil further increase as you achieve Story Quest milestones. Enjoy a free week trial to celebrate the update."

We've got Class, Rarity & Champion Specific Gates, but it looks like Kabam are now going the full mile with pay gated content, nervously waiting on the full announcement.

Well I hope not ... That would just be a bad thing overall, unless new content doesn't give any rewards at all, or the "payment" to them is anything except money
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    It’s up now

We'll have a detailed announcement going up shortly that explains the Summoner's Sigil.

9.99 a month

• Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    So there pay gating stuff they should of done a long time ago I can see many more quitting this game
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I really hope this isnt a cash only purchasable boon to rewards. That would spell the end of the f2p crowd because that just never works for the f2p to even have a chance.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Its a VIP program, lots of games have it. Its designed to be a low cost, great value subscription. Not really sure about the black iso part yet, but the rest seems like you can easily not pick this up and be just fine.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Seatin said:

"Gain access to exclusive content, perks and more when you activate your monthly SUMMONER’S SIGIL! The benefits of your Summoner’s Sigil further increase as you achieve Story Quest milestones. Enjoy a free week trial to celebrate the update."

We've got Class, Rarity & Champion Specific Gates, but it looks like Kabam are now going the full mile with pay gated content, nervously waiting on the full announcement.

This game is already expensive af. $10 for a **** chance at any 5* champ from the feature cav crystal is way over priced. If this monthly subscription is put into place, it'll be the beginning of the end.

For a long time we've seen content that was hard and needed people to get better and progress more, but if the gate is no longer skill but payment for content, then this game is done with.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    "The Summoner Sigil is a subscription based service that delivers a number of Bonuses, all for the introductory price of a Star-Lord’s Loot Bag (9.99 USD) every 30 days."

What does "introductory price" mean exactly. To me, it makes it sound like the price could go up after the first month. Or, is it always going to be $9.99/month?
    edited July 2019
    In before anyone says ‘You still get the same rewards, but can get more by paying’
    That’s the problem. This game already offers much more for money, and I’m fine with that. Hiding CONTENT behind a paywall is where I draw the line, and I hope you do too. We need to make ourselves heard if we are displeased.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm intrigued... for $9.99 I can get a discount on the 5 star featured crystal twice a month, access to a bunch of rewards (4000 5 star shards, 5 star sig stones, etc) in the solo events, and a sweet title, Lol.

It may actually be a good value.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Meh. I’m fine with it. All the stuff is a nice bonus, but not game breaking. It’s mostly just some extra gold and units per month, plus some random discounts
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Timone147 said:

I really hope this isnt a cash only purchasable boon to rewards. That would spell the end of the f2p crowd because that just never works for the f2p to even have a chance.

It's a Subscription Service. The Rewards aren't significant enough to separate F2P that much. Just small perks. They're not the only game to include things like this. The game is free, but it will always include things available for purchase.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

When can we expect the announcement?

Timone147 said:

It's a Subscription Service. The Rewards aren't significant enough to separate F2P that much. Just small perks. They're not the only game to include things like this. The game is free, but it will always include things available for purchase.
    I have now "Agreed" with 7 of GW's 18742 posts...

Seriously, this is not game breaking in any way. No more than the current "card based" offers are (where you pay and get rewards every day). There wasn't an uproar then.

This is NOT content that is behind a paywall, think of it as an "offer" in the store for these rewards for $9.99.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Only bad thing is gating the QoL improvement of inventory behind the wall.
    @Vdh2008 unless I am mistaken, there is content being locked behind the paywall, ie daily gold quests, a new daily event, and the black market. Content is being locked behind a pay wall, not just perks.
    Webby72 said:

@Vdh2008 unless I am mistaken, there is content being locked behind the paywall, ie daily gold quests, a new daily event, and the black market. Content is being locked behind a pay wall, not just perks.

It's WEEKLY gold, and it's $125K max for 1 fight... That's not content.

There is no daily "quest" I see, just the solo events that give the rewards. We already have these in game for everyone, but the subscribers will have more rewards (again, not content but rewards).

The "Black Market" is a perk as well. It's not playable content.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom and @Vdh2008
    You both are missing the point to why the community is mad and pissed off. The perks aren’t game changing we get that. But the problem is that the marketing part of it all of be completely fine if it were a unit based offer. Make it 1000 units a month I’ll be fine with that.
    But this isn’t just a one time thing:

These are re occurring meaning that the more you miss out the greater the gap between the people that have it and the ones that don’t.
    This is an incredible disappointment even for me, and trust me there are posts were I am in favor of the marketing and the difference in cost per title. It’s should be available for the whole via units. We’ve asked for all these changes before both F2P and P2W, it’s simply a middle finger and FU to the player base

There's always going to be a gap. What they do, very carefully I might add, is balance that so the gap isn't great enough to make it impossible for F2P Players to progress. As I said before, as long as some spend and some don't, there will be people who have what others don't. That can't be avoided.