**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Players who use oddball champs, how would you pitch us your champ?

DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
For example, say I like Diablo

"Diablo is good because he's versatile. He's not the easiest champion to use but once you learn him, you can have multiple ways to utilize some powerful potions such as [blah blah blah...]"

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Some champs I like that others don’t really share the opinion of:

- Symbiote Spider-Man & Mile Morales: Both are easy to use, with nice crits that proc at a decent rate. There aren’t many counters, and with the new synergy with Stealth Suit Spidey, there’s no longer the annoyance of evading at an awkward time.

- Masacre: Works nice with Despair, and if you can play him well, you can get plenty of incinerates on the defender, dealing a decent amount of damage. The DAAR from the sp1 is pretty nice too, and the damage from the sp2 is actually pretty impressive. Also a good counter for MODOK, and an ok counter for Electro.

- Psylocke: Can keep most champions power locked the entire fight, and the damage output isn’t that bad (especially if you don’t have to worry about annoying special attacks).
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2019

- Symbiote Spider-Man & Mile Morales: Both are easy to use, with nice crits that proc at a decent rate. There aren’t many counters, and with the new synergy with Stealth Suit Spidey, there’s no longer the annoyance of evading at an awkward time.

- Masacre: Works nice with Despair, and if you can play him well, you can get plenty of incinerates on the defender, dealing a decent amount of damage. The DAAR from the sp1 is pretty nice too, and the damage from the sp2 is actually pretty impressive. Also a good counter for MODOK, and an ok counter for Electro.

- Psylocke: Can keep most champions power locked the entire fight, and the damage output isn’t that bad (especially if you don’t have to worry about annoying special attacks).

I like masacre too. I mean I went in with 3/45 Domino + 1/25 Masacre and 4/40 Red Hulk for Flaming Trinity + OML and Spider-Gwen (for Juggs) for a RoL run just for fun, and Masacre was able to down RoL Wolverine by himself. AS A 1/25! That's barely better than a maxed 3-star! I mean yeah Domino is generally more useful, and got me through most of the rest of the quest, but I do think Masacre is under-rated. And I'm thinking of taking him as my next 4/55 over WS with KM synergy. (I mean I'll probably use him for the Rage paths in 5.4 before taking him that high, but hey)

oh yeah and I hope I'm not the only person who gets just a little bit frustrated when people say his name wrong... SAY IT WITH A MEXICAN ACCENT DANG IT!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I literally came in to drop Psylockes name. I love my 6* and while she doesnt quite crack the lineup for the harder endgame content she makes her way in for specific situations. I really wish they would remove that stupid 25% less power they put on her though. With all the crazy champs and abilities floating around it just makes no sense that she cant gain power like a regular champ. Still a great champ though and amazing power controller.
    Or change her enervate to a power lock. With so many champs with different ways to gain power, it gimps her a bit to be honest. If she should power lock if they had 0 power she’d be so much more useful against champs like Hyperion, Mordo, Havok, DS, and Sym.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

zeezee57 said:

I literally came in to drop Psylockes name. I love my 6* and while she doesnt quite crack the lineup for the harder endgame content she makes her way in for specific situations. I really wish they would remove that stupid 25% less power they put on her though. With all the crazy champs and abilities floating around it just makes no sense that she cant gain power like a regular champ. Still a great champ though and amazing power controller.
    Or change her enervate to a power lock. With so many champs with different ways to gain power, it gimps her a bit to be honest. If she should power lock if they had 0 power she’d be so much more useful against champs like Hyperion, Mordo, Havok, DS, and Sym.
    maybe even just make it into a special new effect that acts like a power lock, but isn't a power lock. It's instead an enervate + 100% petrify rolled into one. Would make her an amazing option for that new fangled node that gives the defender extra power and power lock immunity.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Vatris said:

Kamala Khan, Cyclops, Hulkbuster and Groot. They all have an unblockable Sp3. Need i say more?

You forgot they also have unlockable heavy attacks
    I disagreed because in my opinion they should have, that wouldnt Change anything ^^
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    I like Sentinel and Masacre.
    Lots of debuffs with lots of damage over time. simple build-up gameplay by attacking on enemy blocks.

I also like Punisher 2099.
    Maintain the battery. automatic heal block. stun on heavy. sig - auto power drain / lock. Or simply build the battery to overcharge. bait out a special. then do some high damage wall intercepts while spamming l1. rinse repeat.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    There are plenty of them.
    I personally like Taskmaster and his synergies.
    Also an awaken Beast is fun to use.
    That's about it.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Namor ,thor ragnarok, darkhawk ,mysterio , all are useless you cant even get to sp3 if its special lock 1 node or just starburst or long distance relation with heal block ,virtually most fights u cant reach sp3!!! so No damage boost for them
    😂 wait i went the other way
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Vulture never gets the love he deserves.
    He takes a little longer to get the hang of, but once you know how he works you can just melt your opponent while they miss striking you.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Mephisto: When he activates his L3 he gains a permanent Aura of Incineration, which is insane for long fights. (you can spam L2 for the rest of the fight) He is very underrated. Also he can prevent the opponent getting any buffs from L2

Hela: Can gain 3-4 furies in a regular fight, 5-6 in longer ones. Her damage is crazy, with 4 furies you have a permanent 2x damage multiplier, and the physical resist is just the icing on the cake.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    I probably like Civil Warrior more than most do. I deffo think he's heavily underrated.
    His heavy attack has great range so you don't have to risk getting too close and always applies heal block so much more readily available than the champs who only apply it through specials.
    His sp2 and sp3 both drain power.
    He can make his shield buffs permanent.
    His shield buffs reduce enemy offensive ability and provide resistance to bleed & poison. He can stack these to increase resistance.
    His arc shield reduces special damage.

Funny thing is that I don't own him at any higher than 3* but would use him plenty if I pulled one higher. Mainly for his heavy attacks which are so easy to land
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Nebula - Pretty straightforward

Build as many charges as you can without parry stunning the enemy

Get to L2

Parry stun, do a 5 hit combo and launch your L2

Watch as your shock debuffs melt the enemy

Obviously not a good matchup vs shock immune
  • King Groot. My lord has one of if not the biggest health pools in the game so he can take a hit and keep coming back. Duped he gets that regen during his fury buff cooldown which helps when dealing with those DOT nodes. He is bleed immune and debuff immune while having furies and if you have a good amount of furies stacked, his sp2 melts people away. Put him on the right node and he may not get a kill but he sure as hell will time out opponents.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Makes me sad to see nobody mention my man Mordo.

he was my first 6* and helped me tremendously once i figured him out.

if you can parry/stun, heavy charge to build fury's and launch an sp1 for great degen.

same goes for sp2 if they are buff heavy and/or have regen.

oh, you're low on health? drop an sp3 for a chance at a chunky regen or get 3 fury to finish them off.

not to mention he can block unblockable specials after .5 seconds of holding block.
  • RakeYoung said:

Makes me sad to see nobody mention my man Mordo.

he was my first 6* and helped me tremendously once i figured him out.

if you can parry/stun, heavy charge to build fury's and launch an sp1 for great degen.

same goes for sp2 if they are buff heavy and/or have regen.

oh, you're low on health? drop an sp3 for a chance at a chunky regen or get 3 fury to finish them off.

not to mention he can block unblockable specials after .5 seconds of holding block.

That's because mordo still does dirty things to me when I try and fight him...I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    edited August 2019
    MikeHock said:

Nebula - Pretty straightforward

Build as many charges as you can without parry stunning the enemy

Get to L2

Parry stun, do a 5 hit combo and launch your L2

Watch as your shock debuffs melt the enemy

Obviously not a good matchup vs shock immune

... While taking a lot of block damage during the fight... Regen isn't reliable. Sometimes it just doesn't activate