6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Member Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Enjoy the game why you feel the need to catch up, catch up to what, please !!!!
    edited August 2017
    I finished LOL and did not rank up a third 5 star!!!! That is smart! You choose how to play and how to use your resources. Why being so dramatic! No one forces you how to invest your stuff!
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    I know 6*'s are a ways off, but they really need to spend more time fixing the bugs. It's relevant because I am still trying to build up my 4* roster. I have restarted an event quest several times today because I fight well for a while and then hit a bug that gets me destroyed. I refuse to spend more resources to keep compensating for these problems.

Building a 5* seems out of reach for me for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine caring about a 6*. I think a lot more people would be psyched about 6*'s if they had a good roster of maxed out 5*'s and were ready for a new challenge. Most of us aren't even close to that. If my 4* roster is going to become virtually obsolete, I am hard pressed to find a reason to keep grinding. Having to start all over to build a 5* and 6* roster doesn't seem appealing in the least.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I finished LOL and did not rank up a third 5 star!!!! That is smart! You choose how to play and how to use your resources. Why being so dramatic! No one forces you how to invest your stuff!

Are you seriously pretending like you somehow new 6* were going to be announced this soon?
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Member Posts: 770 ★★★
    Does this mean we will eventually see 5*'s of older champs that have been intentionally withheld?

Wolverine
    Electro
    Doctor Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Gamora
    Black Widow
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option to "prestige" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (since the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "prestige" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to prestige this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?
  • ThawnimThawnim Member Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    So, by my count (bear with me I am going to round up) we are 20 weeks away from the first week of January.

I think it would be a good faith gesture to the players if you would implement a weekly login calendar that starts giving these 6 star shards. That way if we login and take some ownership of our account then we all feel like we have somewhat even footing when this thing goes live. If you stretch out the 10,000 6* shards needed for a crystal over the aforementioned 20 weeks then it is only 500 shards per week that you could distribute over each day.

Please consider it.
  • 420sam420sam Member Posts: 526 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    So, by my count (bear with me I am going to round up) we are 20 weeks away from the first week of January.

I think it would be a good faith gesture to the players if you would implement a weekly login calendar that starts giving these 6 star shards. That way if we login and take some ownership of our account then we all feel like we have somewhat even footing when this thing goes live. If you stretch out the 10,000 6* shards needed for a crystal over the aforementioned 20 weeks then it is only 500 shards per week that you could distribute over each day.

Please consider it.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ It might create some goodwill.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Member Posts: 770 ★★★

Please consider it.

And the first champs in the crystal will be:
    Kamala Khan
    Spidergwen
    Groot
    Luke Cage
    Shehulk
    edited August 2017
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    So 99% of us don't have a stacked roster of R4 5*s because the resources aren't readily available unless you 100% LOL. 5*s already costs a lot of resources to rank up. I am in a top 25 Ally, Top 100 in AW, and I don't want a moving finish line to end-game content. I would have liked to at least have been able to fully max out a complete 3 champ AQ team of 5*s before this announcement was ever made. This is so deflating for even top tier players, because it feels like we are always behind the 8-ball. These resources to even R4 a 5* takes so long to attain that the announcement of 6*s is a blatant slap in the face. As soon as I have the resources to max out (R5) a 5* in the future then most likely I won't have any resources left to even R2 a 6*... and I will end up with the same struggle I have now except it will be whether to max out a 5* vs R3 a 6*.

This is exactly how I feel. Already have 3R4 5* and now feel like I will need to 100% LoL to catch up
    edited August 2017
    So 99% of us don't have a stacked roster of R4 5*s because the resources aren't readily available unless you 100% LOL. 5*s already costs a lot of resources to rank up. I am in a top 25 Ally, Top 100 in AW, and I don't want a moving finish line to end-game content. I would have liked to at least have been able to fully max out a complete 3 champ AQ team of 5*s before this announcement was ever made. This is so deflating for even top tier players, because it feels like we are always behind the 8-ball. These resources to even R4 a 5* takes so long to attain that the announcement of 6*s is a blatant slap in the face. As soon as I have the resources to max out (R5) a 5* in the future then most likely I won't have any resources left to even R2 a 6*... and I will end up with the same struggle I have now except it will be whether to max out a 5* vs R3 a 6*.

You dont have to be a top 25 mate, be a top 100 and be happy!
    CapWW2 wrote: »

You dont have to be a top 25 mate, be a top 100 and be happy!

A lot of us enjoy the competition so you telling us to not worry about being at the top makes no sense. Why play the game if you don't want to be the best? I am not here to be average.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,369 Guardian
    I'm not sure why people are so upset about this.

How long have you been here? Before I started reading this thread, I made a mental checklist of what I expected to find. On that checklist was: complaints about challenger rating, demands for rank down tickets, money grab claims, claims the game is on its last legs, promises of quitting the game unlikely to be carried out, people complaining they can't rank up their 5* champs when they obviously didn't read the announcement, questions about why "all of a sudden" they are changing the end game, and of course the almost reasonable by comparison assertions that this will partially obsolete the effort put into building 5* rosters.

It didn't take long reading the thread to get blackout bingo on my 6* announcement scorecard.

Please consider it.

And the first champs in the crystal will be:
    Kamala Khan
    Spidergwen
    Groot
    Luke Cage
    Shehulk

I believe the first wave will include 19 other champs too and they have not confirmed who will be put into the crystals. Besides a champ with increased health and increased attack and a poison/bleed immunity is not the worst thing to pull.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people are so upset about this.

How long have you been here? Before I started reading this thread, I made a mental checklist of what I expected to find. On that checklist was: complaints about challenger rating, demands for rank down tickets, money grab claims, claims the game is on its last legs, promises of quitting the game unlikely to be carried out, people complaining they can't rank up their 5* champs when they obviously didn't read the announcement, questions about why "all of a sudden" they are changing the end game, and of course the almost reasonable by comparison assertions that this will partially obsolete the effort put into building 5* rosters.

It didn't take long reading the thread to get blackout bingo on my 6* announcement scorecard.

Sure but ultimately you could predict most of that because most of it are valid concerns. Sure some complaints are over the deep end but in reality most are reasonable.
  • WARICK99WARICK99 Member Posts: 44
    I for one like it. 6*'s were coming eventually, and making 5*'s and 4*'s easier to get and rank is very nice. And... OMG, Kabam was transparent and let us know well in advance before they'd be relevant to the game. Like, a full year of advance notice. Nice to see everyone complaining when Kabam does something with transparency. Kudos to you Kabam.
  • DawgballsDawgballs Member Posts: 18
    The biggest short term issue I have is that this announcement should have been made prior to offering and players buying the T4CC deal from a few days ago.

If players would have known ahead of time, they either might not have bought the package, and more importantly would not have R5'd a 4*. With this announcement I would have absolutely R3'd a dupe 5* as opposed to R5'ing what seems to be a soon to be obsolete champion.

That's a really borderline, dishonest tactic, and certainly comes across as a deceitful money grab.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,369 Guardian
    DD2 wrote: »
    There are many players in top 1% alliances who struggle for many months to get enough T4C to rank 5 just one FOUR STAR. Most of these 1%ers have a team of mostly rank 2 unduped 5*s that include winter soldier and ronan. Most top 1%ers have a decent amount of r5 4s and a bag of mostly worthless unduped 5s. If these top 1%ers struggle to rank up 4*s, what does that mean for everyone else???

I'm hoping if I just plain ignore the challenger rating comments they will get bored and hop onto some other MMO's forums. But this still caught my eye. I don't know how you define "many" but the top 1% of alliances is a number somewhere in the general vicinity of about the top 500 or so. My alliance is only a top 2000 alliance and the notion that T4CC takes "many months" to rank up one four star champ isn't even true for us for the most part. A top 500 alliance is getting the equivalent of 50% of a T4CC a week, plus Map 5 and probably some Map 6 crystals. Over the long haul those players should be getting enough T4CC to rank up a 4* champ to 5/50 every two to three weeks. Everyone in an expert tier alliance should be able to earn enough T4CC to do one 5/50 rank up in a few months even at the very bottom of the tier. For it to take "many months" to rank up a 5/50 on average you would have to be in the very bottom of the expert tier and flipping between expert and advanced. No 1% alliance is doing that. No 5% alliance is likely doing that.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    There are many players in top 1% alliances who struggle for many months to get enough T4C to rank 5 just one FOUR STAR. Most of these 1%ers have a team of mostly rank 2 unduped 5*s that include winter soldier and ronan. Most top 1%ers have a decent amount of r5 4s and a bag of mostly worthless unduped 5s. If these top 1%ers struggle to rank up 4*s, what does that mean for everyone else???

I'm hoping if I just plain ignore the challenger rating comments they will get bored and hop onto some other MMO's forums. But this still caught my eye. I don't know how you define "many" but the top 1% of alliances is a number somewhere in the general vicinity of about the top 500 or so. My alliance is only a top 2000 alliance and the notion that T4CC takes "many months" to rank up one four star champ isn't even true for us for the most part. A top 500 alliance is getting the equivalent of 50% of a T4CC a week, plus Map 5 and probably some Map 6 crystals. Over the long haul those players should be getting enough T4CC to rank up a 4* champ to 5/50 every two to three weeks. Everyone in an expert tier alliance should be able to earn enough T4CC to do one 5/50 rank up in a few months even at the very bottom of the tier. For it to take "many months" to rank up a 5/50 on average you would have to be in the very bottom of the expert tier and flipping between expert and advanced. No 1% alliance is doing that. No 5% alliance is likely doing that.

Top 500 and higher are averaging way more than one 5/50 or 3/45 per month. It could almost be weekly if there were decent champs worth ranking up.
  • Superman69Superman69 Member Posts: 534 ★★★
    Again Guys, keep in mind, to get enough shards for a 6-star, you need to dupe a 5* 37 times. That's gonna take around 50-60 5* crystals at least. Maybe a bit less for some of the highest rated players but still, it'll be a LONG LONG time till we see a profile full of 6*s.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    This situation is no different than the introduction of 5* champs 2 years ago. Those of us who have been playing a while know this, and it's just natural progression. There won't be a proliferation of 6* champs for a couple of years from now, just like 5*s now. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this.
    When 5* were announced, most of us had a half dozen to a dozen 4*s, all around 3/30. When wars started we started requiring 11 4/40 4*s, now we've all grown and have come a long way from that, this just makes sense. They will roll out slowly, the game won't be much different, just like when 5*s came out. It is actually a good thing as now we have something to look forward to as far as rank ups and stronger teams are concerned.

It really seems like everyone thinks you're going to go into AW and find a map full of r5 6*s. The reality is a r3 6* will be comparable to a r4 5*, and not any more common than r4 5* are now in relation to r5 4*. This was a great way to introduce future plans, unlike with 12.0, and I have no issues with it, I'm looking forwards to it actually. We already have hard content that was mostly beat with nothing more than r4 5*s, so what is the problem ? Things may get harder, but at the same time other things will be easier as we get stronger champs to do more exploring with.

Just remember what it was like 2 years ago and how things have progressed, and expect the same.
  • DD2DD2 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Again Guys, keep in mind, to get enough shards for a 6-star, you need to dupe a 5* 37 times. That's gonna take around 50-60 5* crystals at least. Maybe a bit less for some of the highest rated players but still, it'll be a LONG LONG time till we see a profile full of 6*s.

And in the meantime we'll be pummeled by 6* champs in monthly quests and act 5 and AQ and have our 4*s rendered useless.
  • richo82richo82 Member Posts: 50
    This is a new barrel of ****,
    Great news they say,
    Makes me want to quit,
    I don't have the time and couldn't be bothered putting in the effort to drag up the post, but I am fairly certain of seeing a post from one of the forum staff stating in no uncertain terms that 6 star champions will never be introduced to this game.
    We are all struggling to achieve the acheievable ranks that are available on 5star champions looking in anticipation and fear at the ranks ahead, when you turn around and say 6 star are coming, well, why even bother.
    I'll play for a while more cos I have a couple more milestones I want to achieve before I quit when you screw this game up.

And in the meantime we'll be pummeled by 6* champs in monthly quests and act 5 and AQ and have our 4*s rendered useless.

Has it been confirmed that AQ will be updated or that the current season of AQ is ending soon?
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    This situation is no different than the introduction of 5* champs 2 years ago. Those of us who have been playing a while know this, and it's just natural progression. There won't be a proliferation of 6* champs for a couple of years from now, just like 5*s now. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this.
    When 5* were announced, most of us had a half dozen to a dozen 4*s, all around 3/30. When wars started we started requiring 11 4/40 4*s, now we've all grown and have come a long way from that, this just makes sense. They will roll out slowly, the game won't be much different, just like when 5*s came out. It is actually a good thing as now we have something to look forward to as far as rank ups and stronger teams are concerned.

It really seems like everyone thinks you're going to go into AW and find a map full of r5 6*s. The reality is a r3 6* will be comparable to a r4 5*, and not any more common than r4 5* are now in relation to r5 4*. This was a great way to introduce future plans, unlike with 12.0, and I have no issues with it, I'm looking forwards to it actually. We already have hard content that was mostly beat with nothing more than r4 5*s, so what is the problem ? Things may get harder, but at the same time other things will be easier as we get stronger champs to do more exploring with.

Just remember what it was like 2 years ago and how things have progressed, and expect the same.

No, it isnt the same. 5* were released when t4cc existed in game and tons of players already had full rosters of maxed 4*. This is the equivalent of releasing 5* when only top 1% of the game had 3-5 4/40 4* and t4cc not obtainable yet
  • DD2DD2 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »

They didn't have a challenger rating 2 years ago. Try beating 5.1 with 3*s.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Member Posts: 728 ★★★

Has it been confirmed that AQ will be updated or that the current season of AQ is ending soon?

Also I think Miike just said 6* won't be in 5.3. 5.4 is another story though.
  • richo82richo82 Member Posts: 50
    K4H_Mr_Red wrote: »
    This makes no sense whatsoever. You can't even fully max a 5* yet and your lack of t2's makes most wait at rank 3 for their 5*'s. Was hoping this was a joke.

If you take a look at the announcement, we do mention that Tier 5 Basics are going to be available before 6-Stars are playable.
    You missed the entire context of the original poster.
    The statement wasn't about tier 5 basics, it was that tier 2 alphas are very difficult to come by and that ranking 5 star champs even beyond rank 3 is a very slow and painful process.
    Now you want to introduce a 6 star.