**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

@GroundedWisdom You seem to always miss @Neotwism point of where Kabam does this with masteries so what makes it so difficult with sigs

Masteries are a different thing entirely.
    Is that really all you had to say just admit you're wrong
    How am I wrong? You're comparing a Menu for Masteries to the Sig of Unawakened Champs.
    They ain't different though they are basically the same thing they are both things we need to unlock but with masteries they tell you what you unlock while the sig doesn't which is stupid
    No. Masteries are an optional, and in some cases essential, part of the game. Ones which you unlock using Resources like Gold and Units. The description of the Sigs is enough that you understand what it is you're unlocking. What people are arguing for is the actual Stats, and those vary based on the Sig level. I'm going to be pretty frank because this Thread has drawn on longer than I care to. This is pointless. People can just look it up. The whole idea that they shouldn't have to is ignorant to the fact that they are the ones who want the information. If they want to know that bad, they can look it up. They can't display all the information for all Sig levels on an Unawakened Champ, and no one unlocks it just for Sig 1 unless all they want is what is already displayed in the red box.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

@GroundedWisdom You seem to always miss @Neotwism point of where Kabam does this with masteries so what makes it so difficult with sigs

How am I wrong? You're comparing a Menu for Masteries to the Sig of Unawakened Champs.
    They ain't different though they are basically the same thing they are both things we need to unlock but with masteries they tell you what you unlock while the sig doesn't which is stupid
    No. Masteries are an optional, and in some cases essential, part of the game. Ones which you unlock using Resources like Gold and Units. The description of the Sigs is enough that you understand what it is you're unlocking. What people are arguing for is the actual Stats, and those vary based on the Sig level. I'm going to be pretty frank because this Thread has drawn on longer than I care to. This is pointless. People can just look it up. The whole idea that they shouldn't have to is ignorant to the fact that they are the ones who want the information. If they want to know that bad, they can look it up. They can't display all the information for all Sig levels on an Unawakened Champ, and no one unlocks it just for Sig 1 unless all they want is what is already displayed in the red box.
    No one really cares about seeing the sig lvl all they wanted was a actual sig description but Idc anymore I'm done here
    That's what I'm trying to tell you. The description changes with the Sig level.
    Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"
    Zuro said:

Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"

What would be the point of that?

Zuro said:

SO YOU KNOW WHAT THE SIG IS
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

SO YOU KNOW WHAT THE SIG IS
    You do realize they do that for a sense of mystery and creativity.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Enough. It's not a big deal if nothing changes, like the OP said, it would be nice to be able to see the sig ability descriptions while it is still locked so that we can decide if it's worth awakening on the spot. Sure we can find that info online but what's the harm in letting that info be seen in game?
    Stance said:

You can already see some of it, so it's pretty hard to get confused if there is a lock and is in red.

Here's is cable unduped

Duped.

As quoted here, the red highlight and lock on the Sig ability should be enough for most people to tell if the ability is unlocked or not.

And what do mean the description changes with sig level????? The core mechanics of the sig ability DO NOT CHANGE, what changes is the values and percentages which can be generalised using x.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Stance said:

Obviously anybody can find the info from a website, but that's not the point. If you want to use this as an argument, then why not strip all of the champs bio from the game and only just have a pic and tell everybody to go and Google it or bookmark the champ spotlight link. It'll only take afew secs to search and open up via a browser right.

The information is there. The argument is that it should be shown before you even unlock it, and people shouldn't have to look in other places for it. I hate using terms like entitled, but....
    I hate using terms like ****, but ...

Enough. It's not a big deal if nothing changes, like the OP said, it would be nice to be able to see the sig ability descriptions while it is still locked so that we can decide if it's worth awakening on the spot. Sure we can find that info online but what's the harm in letting that info be seen in game?

Stance said:

You can already see some of it, so it's pretty hard to get confused if there is a lock and is in red.

Here's is cable unduped

Duped.

As quoted here, the red highlight and lock on the Sig ability should be enough for most people to tell if the ability is unlocked or not.

And what do mean the description changes with sig level????? The core mechanics of the sig ability DO NOT CHANGE, what changes is the values and percentages which can be generalised using x.
    The OP stated you could display the Sig 1 originally. Could you post the description with "X"? Sure. They want to leave it a creative mystery. If you'll notice, the synopsis loosely describes what it does. It's not like the information isn't available either way. The whole basis for the discussion is" "We know we can find it by looking. We shouldn't have to.". Which makes no sense at all.
  • C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

How are sig abilities not an optional and in some cases essential part of the game? Ones which you can unlock by using resources that are even rarer than gold and units? Have you ever read Doc Ocks unawakened description of his sig ability? It tells you nothing to understand what you’re unlocking. Why is it ignorant to not want to leave a game, a service that people pay for, just to get information that is essential to some characters, that they are going to spend valuable resources on that can have a great impact on their progress? This is literally the most basic quality of life change a game can do and it obviously works as you can see with the masteries. You still haven’t provided a single reason why it shouldn’t be changed other than the fact that the information is on the forums. Yeah it is but it shouldn’t be. This isn’t even a reason. Why don’t you want a change that can only have a positive impact?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    What in the name of Guy-Manuel happened here

Stance said:

Here's is cable unduped

Duped.

The OP stated you could display the Sig 1 originally. Could you post the description with "X"? Sure. They want to leave it a creative mystery. If you'll notice, the synopsis loosely describes what it does. It's not like the information isn't available either way. The whole basis for the discussion is" "We know we can find it by looking. We shouldn't have to.". Which makes no sense at all.
    The OP merely aggressively suggesting a change that is nice to have haha. Maybe abit too aggressively but its a nice change to have nonetheless.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Here, go to https://auntm.ai/champions/
    You can see all the sig abilities and even see how it ramps up. Not sure if this has been said yet (not reading through 5 pages of comments).
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Stance said:

Etjama said:

Here, go to https://auntm.ai/champions/
    You can see all the sig abilities and even see how it ramps up.

Kewl, now let's remove sig, abilities, synergies and specials from all champ profiles in game and redirect everybody to use this website.
    OoOOooooh, that was fiesty...
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Ok so I got accused of adding nothing to the conversation when I suggested making it available if paid for. Let me elaborate on why I suggested this and give you some insight into why it should be charged for. It's a fairly unnecessary change to the game since the request is available in game if you take the time to look. It's also available on the forum (I know you don't want to leave the game to find it but you have no issues with arguing about it on the forum) under the champion spotlight. There are multiple sources that give descriptions of the sig ability and how it scales by sig level. Even available for view it wouldn't show how it scales. Some champions sig abilities are confusing to understand so showing them would still lead you to search outside sources to understand what they do and how important it may be. Finally people are confused about why champs don't work when they first get them and turn to the forum asking why isn't x doing y only to be told it must be awakened. Showing the ability would only further confuse them. As to why I suggested it should be a chargeable feature. Well the game has plenty of bugs (see bugs and known issues tab if you want a list) that need to be fixed and I'd rather see those addressed to increase the enjoyment of the game. Also several champs are in need of a rework to bring them up to playable in the current meta of the game (search posts about disappointment pulls before you try to argue this one). Finally there are items such has pure skill that people already paid for (units or cash it doesn't matter they bought them) that are in need of a rework. If the game designers are going to invest time in rewriting game code for people to view locked sig abilities before this to make a few players happy they should fund the extra labor rather than pulling from other areas that need this more. In a game running perfectly with no other areas in need of improvement I'd agree to your suggestion but in the current state of the game I'd rather see improvements that benefit more of the player base rather than time invested for a small group unwilling to do the research themselves.
    Dshu said:

Ok so I got accused of adding nothing to the conversation when I suggested making it available if paid for. Let me elaborate on why I suggested this and give you some insight into why it should be charged for. It's a fairly unnecessary change to the game since the request is available in game if you take the time to look. It's also available on the forum (I know you don't want to leave the game to find it but you have no issues with arguing about it on the forum) under the champion spotlight. There are multiple sources that give descriptions of the sig ability and how it scales by sig level. Even available for view it wouldn't show how it scales. Some champions sig abilities are confusing to understand so showing them would still lead you to search outside sources to understand what they do and how important it may be. Finally people are confused about why champs don't work when they first get them and turn to the forum asking why isn't x doing y only to be told it must be awakened. Showing the ability would only further confuse them. As to why I suggested it should be a chargeable feature. Well the game has plenty of bugs (see bugs and known issues tab if you want a list) that need to be fixed and I'd rather see those addressed to increase the enjoyment of the game. Also several champs are in need of a rework to bring them up to playable in the current meta of the game (search posts about disappointment pulls before you try to argue this one). Finally there are items such has pure skill that people already paid for (units or cash it doesn't matter they bought them) that are in need of a rework. If the game designers are going to invest time in rewriting game code for people to view locked sig abilities before this to make a few players happy they should fund the extra labor rather than pulling from other areas that need this more. In a game running perfectly with no other areas in need of improvement I'd agree to your suggestion but in the current state of the game I'd rather see improvements that benefit more of the player base rather than time invested for a small group unwilling to do the research themselves.

Its a feature no one would pay for, so making it a pay to get feature is pointless. It should either be put into the game for free cause its a useful feature, or not done at all because its not necessary.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Dshu said:

Its a feature no one would pay for, so making it a pay to get feature is pointless. It should either be put into the game for free cause its a useful feature, or not done at all because its not necessary.
    except it is not really useful, and there are other ways to get the data.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

I believe if you read through the post I explained why I thought it should be chargeable. If they are going to invest time and resources into that over other aspects of the game just to make a few players happy let those players fund the work. I'd rather they invest the resources at their disposal at changes that benefit a larger percentage of the playerbase at this time
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Notice how Kabam hasn’t commented at all

Notice how Kabam hasn’t commented at all

You expect comments to opinion posts on the weekend?
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    For instance, Havok signature reads: «Havok's powers have massive potential, but their tendency to surge suddenly threatens to overwhelm his control». Useless piece of information. Archangel had a description as vague as this also. I am sure there are others.

I would like to, perhaps, touch the signature information and be shown this ability at sig 1. For those who are worried I may get confused with so much information, I promise I will only do this with my mom beside me.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

Zuro said:

Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

Dont you have a job or something else to do ?

Your totally way off on this matter , whether you like it or not.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

For instance, Havok signature reads: «Havok's powers have massive potential, but their tendency to surge suddenly threatens to overwhelm his control». Useless piece of information. Archangel had a description as vague as this also. I am sure there are others.

I would like to, perhaps, touch the signature information and be shown this ability at sig 1. For those who are worried I may get confused with so much information, I promise I will only do this with my mom beside me.

Totally agree..useless texts serve no real purpose.

They should have the text as it reads at sig 1 and grey it out. Only activates once awakened
    AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

I'm not bothering with that personal bit.
    I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    You "shouldn't". Why is that? You think you're going to have all the information you need for informed decisions within the game, or do you think you might have to ask around now and then? Pretty sure if you want to grow, you're going to have to look past the game alone.
    Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

You typically dont, you can look at a lower tiered champ.
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

You typically dont, you can look at a lower tiered champ.
    I know I usually have to do that but in some scenarios I don't have a dupe version of that champ as a 3 star or 4 star
This discussion has been closed.