**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The state of the arena

Comments

• Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    If it helps the "5 * basic arena will break the game" crowd, make it so that the arena is ONLY available to Cavalier players. We are the ones that need the expanded roster for Act 6 anyway.

This is really LONG past due.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam switched its focus from rank up materials for majority of their money to 5* signature stones and Cavalier crystals. Any arena improvement will greatly effect their profits until they can switch their model back to rank up materials with r3 6 stars. Right now outside of a few whales you can have prestige high enough to be in just about any alliance, without spending. I barely spend and have 10.3k prestige, if I rank 5 one more high prestige champ I'll be at 10.5 which is good enough for 99% of the alliances.

This is only temporary, when 6 stars kick into full gear you will really the effects of all these 5 star shards that people have been buying to close the gap. Which is why you cannot the difference between Brians and Seatin's roster. It will be a different story 4 to 5 months from now.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

There's also the other obvious point that the gap won't be closed by adding an Arena. More Champs, more Points.

Let´s say that I don´t have a 5* Cable and he would become the basic champion of arena. Why would those who already have a gigantic roster (thus very likely have a 5* Cable) go for him in the arena? For 20 dupe levels on a champion they´re going to use in arena only?
    Meanwhile I could go for him, get him to R2 or R3 and use him in the 5* featured arena. And at the same time also get some 5* and/or 6* shards which help my roster grow even more.
    Dude.... I said I agreed that a 5* Basic would be foreseeable. Lol. I said the game isn't ready for a 6* Arena yet.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

There's also the other obvious point that the gap won't be closed by adding an Arena. More Champs, more Points.

Let´s say that I don´t have a 5* Cable and he would become the basic champion of arena. Why would those who already have a gigantic roster (thus very likely have a 5* Cable) go for him in the arena? For 20 dupe levels on a champion they´re going to use in arena only?
    Meanwhile I could go for him, get him to R2 or R3 and use him in the 5* featured arena. And at the same time also get some 5* and/or 6* shards which help my roster grow even more.
    Dude.... I said I agreed that a 5* Basic would be foreseeable. Lol. I said the game isn't ready for a 6* Arena yet.
    I proposed that the 6* arena would be gated for only Cav players. I don't see a single reason that the game wouldn't be ready for that considering Cav crystals.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

I proposed that the 6* arena would be gated for only Cav players. I don't see a single reason that the game wouldn't be ready for that considering Cav crystals.
    A 6* arena wouldn't do much good for anyone but the people who are already spending loads on the game. They have the rosters already to spend less on refreshes than they already are on cav crystals and get every featured 6*.
  • Options

AndiYTDE said:

A 6* arena wouldn't do much good for anyone but the people who are already spending loads on the game. They have the rosters already to spend less on refreshes than they already are on cav crystals and get every featured 6*.
    You honestly think that all Cav players are like COWhale and dropping thousands on crystals?
  • Options

AndiYTDE said:

You honestly think that all Cav players are like COWhale and dropping thousands on crystals?
    Nope but I know for a fact that a f2p has zero chance of even keeping up with me in arena if I don't want them to let alone some of the other spenders in game
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

Nope but I know for a fact that a f2p has zero chance of even keeping up with me in arena if I don't want them to let alone some of the other spenders in game
    What better reason to introduce a 6* arena than to get players like you to spend your resources elsewhere? That opens the 5* arena to players that typically don't score enough points to get the featured champ. A 6* arena is in no way game breaking as long as it's done right.

In fact, it would be a huge revenue generator for kabam. People that aren't typically willing to spend on the grind for the 5* featured will spend more because the big arena spenders will be going for the 6* featured champ. Meanwhile people that don't spend thousands on cav crystals will still spend loads refreshing arena champs for the chance at a guaranteed 6* champ.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Werewrym said:

AndiYTDE said:

What better reason to introduce a 6* arena than to get players like you to spend your resources elsewhere? That opens the 5* arena to players that typically don't score enough points to get the featured champ. A 6* arena is in no way game breaking as long as it's done right.

In fact, it would be a huge revenue generator for kabam. People that aren't typically willing to spend on the grind for the 5* featured will spend more because the big arena spenders will be going for the 6* featured champ. Meanwhile people that don't spend thousands on cav crystals will still spend loads refreshing arena champs for the chance at a guaranteed 6* champ.
    Don't think that's how it would work though honestly. I rarely go for 5* champs in arena even though I can get pretty much anyone I want. The people doing 5* grinds would still continue to do so. A 6* arena would probably entice more of the heavy crystal spenders to just spend less on crystals and do 6* grinds. I know I would. A 5* really isn't worth all the time I have to spend in arena but regular 6* additions would definitely sway me. I don't know for sure but I can only assume the same could be said for other heavy spenders.

This is all my opinion of course. I just don't think a 6* arena would do much to help the majority of the player base as some of you seem to think. Would it "break the game"? Of course not, but I'd be willing to bet we'd just see a ton of posts about how the arena isn't fair bc the only people who were able to actually get the champs from it would be the people who'd already been spending lots on crystals
  • Options
    None of this is bragging or talking down to f2p players on my part either I promise. I just rarely see many other heavy spenders posting here about stuff like this so I'm just giving some of you insight into how I'd look at it personally.
  • Options

Werewrym said:

AndiYTDE said:

Don't think that's how it would work though honestly. I rarely go for 5* champs in arena even though I can get pretty much anyone I want. The people doing 5* grinds would still continue to do so. A 6* arena would probably entice more of the heavy crystal spenders to just spend less on crystals and do 6* grinds. I know I would. A 5* really isn't worth all the time I have to spend in arena but regular 6* additions would definitely sway me. I don't know for sure but I can only assume the same could be said for other heavy spenders.

This is all my opinion of course. I just don't think a 6* arena would do much to help the majority of the player base as some of you seem to think. Would it "break the game"? Of course not, but I'd be willing to bet we'd just see a ton of posts about how the arena isn't fair bc the only people who were able to actually get the champs from it would be the people who'd already been spending lots on crystals
    I don't think it's ever going to change unless more arenas get added though. The players that get the featured champs are always going to be the ones that spend units on refreshing, that's why I never go for arena champs. I also don't think the goal of a 6* arena would be to help the majority of the player base. It would just help to spread out the big grinders between more arenas. The number of points that you have to put up for a 5* champs these days is quite frankly ridiculous and requires a crazy amount of time. Anything Kabam can do to reduce that grind time (but still generate revenue) would be great for all those arena grinders.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

AndiYTDE said:

I don't think it's ever going to change unless more arenas get added though. The players that get the featured champs are always going to be the ones that spend units on refreshing, that's why I never go for arena champs. I also don't think the goal of a 6* arena would be to help the majority of the player base. It would just help to spread out the big grinders between more arenas. The number of points that you have to put up for a 5* champs these days is quite frankly ridiculous and requires a crazy amount of time. Anything Kabam can do to reduce that grind time (but still generate revenue) would be great for all those arena grinders.
    Depends on your idea of ridiculous I guess. I got mysterio and sunspot both for about 1000 units combined and that's only bc I had a day each where I got busy at work and slacked off a bit
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

None of this is bragging or talking down to f2p players on my part either I promise. I just rarely see many other heavy spenders posting here about stuff like this so I'm just giving some of you insight into how I'd look at it personally.

I am glad you are, tbh -- I think this board would do well to have that perspective heard.

It's fine that people don't spend. But every once in a while, it feels like this board tilts a bit too much to the F2P wants and needs, and they aren't the only people who play
  • Options

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

AndiYTDE said:

Depends on your idea of ridiculous I guess. I got mysterio and sunspot both for about 1000 units combined and that's only bc I had a day each where I got busy at work and slacked off a bit
    My idea of ridiculous is usually more in regards to the time not the units spent. 1000 units seems pretty decent to be honest.
  • Options
    ESF said:

I am glad you are, tbh -- I think this board would do well to have that perspective heard.

It's fine that people don't spend. But every once in a while, it feels like this board tilts a bit too much to the F2P wants and needs, and they aren't the only people who play
    I've always felt the same. Big spenders get a lot of hate in this game, or most of the in general actually, though so I honestly don't blame many of them. If people have a problem with how I choose to spend my time or money that's their problem though. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else in this game though. It needs both sides of the coin to stay alive long term
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

AndiYTDE said:

My idea of ridiculous is usually more in regards to the time not the units spent. 1000 units seems pretty decent to be honest.
    Yeah the time is the reason I rarely do it myself. I have a fairly time intensive job so it's difficult to stay on top of it a lot of the time. I've had some pretty bad crystal luck lately though so I've decided to actually stretch out the roster occasionally and see what I can do
  • Options

ESF said:

I've always felt the same. Big spenders get a lot of hate in this game, or most of the in general actually, though so I honestly don't blame many of them. If people have a problem with how I choose to spend my time or money that's their problem though. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else in this game though. It needs both sides of the coin to stay alive long term
    I agree with this. I'm not F2P anymore, but still close. I don't spend unless I get itunes cards for some reason, mainly because I have no use for anything on itunes. So I have spent a little but I still tend to swing towards the F2P side of things.

And honestly everything I've said here about adding a 6* arena would not benefit me at all as I still wouldn't spend in arenas. I think it is something that is needed for arenas though to keep them fresh and help spread out some of the big grinders.
  • Options
    But basically I'm just saying I'm glad they're at least being cautious about making too many changes like adding arenas to the game. I'm not sure how much of a positive impact it would have for a lot of players and I personally feel it would give someone like myself an even larger advantage. With each subsequent arena it would get even easier for me to stay ahead in arena scores with the addional 6* champ. As it is currently, while not completely rare I still only get a 6* featured champ occasionally.
  • Options

ESF said:

I think what's interesting is that while it sounds like many of us, possibly most of us, feel like the game is in a fairly good position, there might be something missing that could be addressed.

When I log on, I feel pretty good about what I am trying to accomplish and what content is available to me. I wouldn't still be playing if I was miserable.

But at the same time, it does feel sometimes that what we are allowed to do could be enhanced somehow.

I don't know.

Enjoy reading the conversation, though
  • Options
    ESF said:

ESF said:

I think what's interesting is that while it sounds like many of us, possibly most of us, feel like the game is in a fairly good position, there might be something missing that could be addressed.

When I log on, I feel pretty good about what I am trying to accomplish and what content is available to me. I wouldn't still be playing if I was miserable.

But at the same time, it does feel sometimes that what we are allowed to do could be enhanced somehow.

I don't know.

Oh I agree completely. One of the better ideas I've seen here is a revamp of the absolutely useless Sunday arena. A 5* basic could benefit lots of players but I did like seeing the opinion of increasing a larger percentage of the player bases 5* intake also would speed up the progression from 6 to 7* champs as well. That may be a ways out currently but I don't know that speeding up that process would necessarily be a good thing either.
  • Options

ESF said:

ESF said:

I don't know.

Oh I agree completely. One of the better ideas I've seen here is a revamp of the absolutely useless Sunday arena. A 5* basic could benefit lots of players but I did like seeing the opinion of increasing a larger percentage of the player bases 5* intake also would speed up the progression from 6 to 7* champs as well. That may be a ways out currently but I don't know that speeding up that process would necessarily be a good thing either.
    You tell me: I have two 6-stars, could have my third in maybe....60 days. Now, I recognize completely that isn't a drop in the bucket in that end of the pool. I get that. But where are the high-end players with the average number on their rosters? How many do you guys have now, on that side of the house?
  • Options
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

I don't know.

You tell me: I have two 6-stars, could have my third in maybe....60 days. Now, I recognize completely that isn't a drop in the bucket in that end of the pool. I get that. But where are the high-end players with the average number on their rosters? How many do you guys have now, on that side of the house?
    I currently have I think 52 6*s and 130 5*s. 14 R5 and 3 R2
  • Options

AndiYTDE said:

So you're assuming the 6* arena won't have milestones or rank rewards outside of those who get the champion?
  • Options

ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

I don't know.

I currently have I think 52 6*s and 130 5*s. 14 R5 and 3 R2
    LOL Oh, man. You aren't even playing the same game I am. 😅😅🤘

That's gotta be fun, though -- you obviously have answers to a lot of questions this game has 🤘
  • Options

AndiYTDE said:

So you're assuming the 6* arena won't have milestones or rank rewards outside of those who get the champion?
    I'm just saying that we already have people pretty upset with the advantage that spenders have in the game. A 6* arena just gives us yet another one bc they're really the only people who are going to be getting champs from it in my opinion.
  • Options
    That's my point, though: People need to hear the perspectives of people with rosters like that a bit more.

Not because any segment has to get more than another segment.

It's that my roster is not horrific. I play the game solo, but I have enough firepower to be OK doing that.

But the stuff I want and need...it is impossible for that to align with where rosters like those in the high-end endgame are.

The game is fine. This isn't a complaint. At all.

But yeah. People with rosters with dozens of 6-stars...that is something where how they are playing the game is a perspective that I think isn't always represented well on the boards.

JMO
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'm not necessarily for or against any of this personally. I'm obviously not going to be mad with a cheaper more reliable way to get new champs as a 6*, I'm just saying how I look at it from my view so that maybe some people will consider how a change may affect game balance even more.
  • Options

AndiYTDE said:

I'm just saying that we already have people pretty upset with the advantage that spenders have in the game. A 6* arena just gives us yet another one bc they're really the only people who are going to be getting champs from it in my opinion.
    It's still only one 6* every 3 days. If a spender wants that can easily get 6* at a faster rate by just popping some cav crystals. It's not going to make me upset, and would probably offer some more rewarding milestones than the current 5* arena does.
  • Options

ESF said:

ESF said:

I don't know.

Totally agree with the need for a Sunday arena revamp. I think it would be pretty awesome to have something like that alliance arena we had way back during the ant-man event. And something like that would actually encourage me to get into arenas more often.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    There aren't enough people who are Cavalier to open one specifically for them. Not yet. Also, the game just isn't at that point yet. Could see one down the road, but adding an Arena isn't something you do without a large amount of forethought.