**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46

Kabaam Mike hasn't mention BLOCK STUN once this entire post, and block stun is something he is very well aware of. He is slanting what he's saying to us by saying they haven't changed reaction time... which is true, they haven't. What they have changed is Block Stun. For those of you who don't know Block Stun is the duration of time that an attacker or defender is frozen while being attacked. There has been a VERY VERY obvious reduction of the block stun INTENTIONALLY that defenders have, and that is what has caused this problem. Has reaction time been increased... No, BUT the AI is reacting faster still, because they are block stunned for a dramatically shorter period of time. He's trying to distract from the point further still, by saying that it always happened. Yes, it was possible in exceedingly rare situations for Block Stun to line up exactly wrong, but by shortening block stun by so much they have created a situation where it happens as often as 50% of the time. YOU ARE FOOLING NO ONE, FIX IT completely, stop trying to rig this carnival game even further.

Sure, if you want to break it down that way and say "reaction time" is unchanged but call it "block stun" instead. But that's exactly what everyone means when they say "reaction time" so your just changing the symantics. Issue still exists and needs fixing. Non-communication and lack of transparency still exists and hopefully can be improved.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98

Kabaam Mike hasn't mention BLOCK STUN once this entire post, and block stun is something he is very well aware of. He is slanting what he's saying to us by saying they haven't changed reaction time... which is true, they haven't. What they have changed is Block Stun. For those of you who don't know Block Stun is the duration of time that an attacker or defender is frozen while being attacked. There has been a VERY VERY obvious reduction of the block stun INTENTIONALLY that defenders have, and that is what has caused this problem. Has reaction time been increased... No, BUT the AI is reacting faster still, because they are block stunned for a dramatically shorter period of time. He's trying to distract from the point further still, by saying that it always happened. Yes, it was possible in exceedingly rare situations for Block Stun to line up exactly wrong, but by shortening block stun by so much they have created a situation where it happens as often as 50% of the time. YOU ARE FOOLING NO ONE, FIX IT completely, stop trying to rig this carnival game even further.

Sure, if you want to break it down that way and say "reaction time" is unchanged but call it "block stun" instead. But that's exactly what everyone means when they say "reaction time" so your just changing the symantics. Issue still exists and needs fixing. Non-communication and lack of transparency still exists and hopefully can be improved.
    Not sure if you fully read what I typed, but you're saying the exact same thing I was. Just like the removal of block proficiency in 12.0, this is a nearly game breaking tweak, and they are fully aware of that. We can't let them keep block stun this low.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    This happened to me about 2-3 times this week in AQ, .. has it been fixed yet?
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★

This happened to me about 2-3 times this week in AQ, .. has it been fixed yet?

That would be a negative, sir.
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    Michael25 said:

Probably a new bug or i didn't got to read all posts : in arena fights, when fighting Mr.Sinister, not every time, but 3/5 times, Mr. Sinister BLOCKS THE UNBLOCKABLE HITS !!!

That is his ability.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Had this happen again in Variant 3 versus King Groot, using Omega Red.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    This has happened to me with MODOK in war, BEFORE after he autoblocks you he stays in block for the entire 4 hit into the block, now he autoblocks 1st hit and blocks 2nd hit then can DIRECTLY counter attack you, it's a free kill pretty much..
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Dungeons: AI able to launch special after first hit in a combo.

Unless the integrity of combos has somehow been degraded, there’s absolutely no reason a combo should be interrupted by a special unless the player stops hitting, connects 5 times or hits fewer than 5 times.

Dr. Zola
  • @Kabam Lyra

Sorry for bothering you, but I’m @ing you because Kabam Miike rarely responds to me. I’ve found it happening quite frequently that an opponent will launch a special while I’m striking into their block. It has been preventing me from completing variant 3 and should be fixed ASAP. This has happened to me 8 times in the last 3 fights. I am unable to attach video to this message as far as I can tell, I will attempt to figure out how to do so. If I am able to figure it out, I will attach video proof.

Bossdog
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Variant 3 is one big example. I had a lot of examples on my live streams. Opponents trigger specials when you hitting block, opponents dashing back when you hitting blocks
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    Ok... I know for a fact i’m not the only one this is happening to.

Basically, for almost 5 years of playing this game I’ve always enjoyed (as part of my strategy) to hit into opponent’s block (MLLL) to:

1) try and slowly get their power up

2) back them up to give me space

However since the last update, BEFORE I can even get to my 3rd Light attack, the opponent either just dashes back OR just throws a special while i’m “mid-combo” into their block.

Not sure if that makes sense... but it’s pissing me off tremendously because it’s costing me (and many in my alliance) runs in V3 especially!

FIX IT.
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    if someone can explain to me how to post a video on here, i can post one... but for some reason its saying it doesn't accept the format...
  • TxEvil1TxEvil1 Posts: 9
    How long does it take to fix this?
    Because it didn’t take long to fix She-Hulk
    You should remove limber from mastery since all ai have it at 5/5 AQ , Quest.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yeah, this issue is definitely still happening. Just happened in the Sinister lab. It seems that this tends to happen most often when the defender is about to be killed. Almost feels like a survival technique on their part:) I was using Omega against Storm. Had her cornered..at 2% and about to kill her. I'm hitting her block and she fires an sp2. Killing me from full health.
  • Please please please look into this, as they said before you managed to fix She-Hulk within, what was it? 2 weeks? It gets frustrating losing a streak in arena and getting interrupted by a special in every fight. This game is one I am sure all of is enjoy playing but if the mechanics themselves continue to hurt the community, how does that benefit anyone on either end?
  • taonesstaoness Posts: 16
    edited September 2019

Still occuring. Ghost vs modok in epic sinister lab.
    So to me, its apparent theyre messing with the reaction times, quite contrary to what Miike has to say about it. His comment also indicates they can mess with ai reaction times and they have changed them in the past. Theyve been messing with then big time since february, far before aprils endgame update where it started to affect every champion and breaking back drafts, allowing phantom dexes, specials while hitting block, etc. Kabam what do to say about this now?

Sometimes I think it comes down to a technicality, that allows some individuals to still maintain their position, without technically lying—kinda like asking identical looking people if they're twins, and having them honestly respond with "no," even though by all accounts they're identical twins — the technicality plays in when they later explain their identical triplets. They can maintain a position of "no" without lying. I feel like there's definitely a tweaking of the heartbeat of the game, maybe it's not "reaction time" but maybe it's "frame locking" or "block interference."

I've mostly been struggling with this issue since the update before last—the update which introduced the Sinister Labs. It sounds like some of you guys only seem to experiencing it there; I don't think I've encountered it there. My frustrations stem from encountering this behavior in Alliance Wars and in the Variant 3 chapters; where item use is high and expensive—surprise, surprise.

As for examples:
    T5 Alliance War: Namor defender, node 42 — My play was R5 Iceman, with a healthy 80-90% HP, Ice Armor up, and I had Namor dead to rights, backed into the corner, with 2% life on his bar, and several stacks of frost bite quickly closing in on his fate. To prevent any last ditch shenanigans he could muster up, I started to wail on his block with a combo, which would buy me enough time on the frost bite expiration. Between my 2nd and 3rd light attack into his combo, he fired off his SP2, and dead.

Next Example, exact same war, just a node over (46) — I used my R5 Corvus against an awfully squirrelly Killmonger this match. He's slivers away from his SP2; and my last match with Namor was a few hours ago now—so, outta sight, outta mind. I jam in on his block, and start to feed him bits of energy at a time by slashing away on his forearms. Again, 2-3 light attacks into his block, he throws a SP1 square into my face.

Albeit, this one is a little bit different, but I feel the behavior still matches the concerns of this thread. Variant 3, very first quest, Magneto boss with the crazy 20-hit protection. My weapon of choice was Iceman, despite his loss against Namor earlier. I prefer Magneto's SP2 when I can stay close enough to him, so using the same feed-energy methods I was using on KM, to push him to SP2, I'm force feeding my attacks into his block. If I had to bet on this one, it was again, between the 2nd to 3rd light attacks that Magneto slips away, in an evade style dodge. Does NOT throw a special. No "evade" label is displayed, he had not executed this maneuver in earlier matches.

This discussion has been closed.