**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can a Mod confirm if Glitch Rewards will be reversed?

Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Because if they aren't, I'm thinking of doing it myself and spend the next 72 hours and get 20 5*'s, 200 4*'s, and countless other rewards. Why grind day after day, week after week in the arena to get shards, when I could save a couple years worth of work in a few days... and Kabam isn't going to penalize anyone for this exploit?

Comments

• Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    edited August 2017
    My concern is, it could be a case of Kabam saying it's wrong, but won't do anything about it...Because it'll be too hard to pinpoint what each person did on the exploit and which rewards he got... Imagine if 25% of the top alliances doing this right now to get an unfair advantage.. This could conceivably be used to get 1, 2, or more 5* R4's... and gain a huge advantage in AQ prestige and AW
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    it may be easyier then you think, i would reverse anyone who has more then 2 master keys unlocked. 1st time, well you cant blame anyone for that , 2nd time might just be like a wth is going on type of thing, but after that you no what your doing
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    My concern is, it could be a case of Kabam saying it's wrong, but won't do anything about it...Because it'll be too hard to pinpoint what each person did on the exploit and which rewards he got... Imagine if 25% of the top alliances doing this right now to get an unfair advantage.. This could conceivably be used to get 1, 2, or more 5* R4's... and gain a huge advantage in AQ prestige and AW

It's rather well known that Kabam generally does something about people that exploit glitches in the game. I can recall the dimensional rift issue last November where they took back a lot of the excess rewards players accumulated from that glitch (a glitch that was inflicted by them as well).

Personally we will never truly know what they do or who all is impacted by it because if we have seen anything it is Kabam operates very privately in these matters. Just check reddit, Line or even the forums once the proverbial "you know what" hits the fan though. I'll have my popcorn ready by then too.
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    edited August 2017
    it may be easyier then you think, i would reverse anyone who has more then 2 master keys unlocked. 1st time, well you cant blame anyone for that , 2nd time might just be like a wth is going on type of thing, but after that you no what your doing

That's assuming Kabam knows how many times you've unlocked it... since it doesn't seem to show in the inventory how many times you've done it (beyond the initial clear). i.e., there's no additional master keys for exploiting over and over
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They've done this in the past with the "Blood and Venom" quest.
    They will probably do the same this time
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    @Average_Player fair enough, i was under the assumption it would stack like any other item and show x4 or what have you. its hard to say unless you have done the glitch and can see your inventory or know someone else who has done it, im neither
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★

That's assuming Kabam knows how many times you've unlocked it... since it doesn't seem to show in the inventory how many times you've done it (beyond the initial clear). i.e., there's no additional master keys for exploiting over and over

Kabam knows when people mod and cheat on Act 5 and in the Labyrinth. You really think they won't be able to figure out something as simple as a glut of people opening up lots of 5*s and 4*s all of a sudden? If they can capture people who beat Labyrinth based on fight times and data like that I think they got something like this covered.
  • My thoughts on the matter:

Kabam knew they'd mess up at some point, so they covered themselves by adding that "exploits" are against the terms of service (which in my opinion is wrong). Regardless, people "agreed" to the TOS, so they are required to abide by it. I'm indifferent in the matter and couldn't really care less as to whether or not the people get to keep their rewards. I just don't want to see alliance members and long time veterans get banned for Kabam's screw up.

At the end of the day someone could easily come up with some excuse as to why they wanted to run through beginner so many times. For example, they could say they're going on vacation at the end of the month and wanted to run through beginner for the units while they had time. There are just too many loopholes. Kabam won't be able to just ban everyone - that would crumble alliances. They also can't just revoke all of the rewards because people have already started spending their shards/t4cats and on top of that units were spent to run through quests as many times as possible.

Either way people will complain and cry about whatever happens. I'm not going to propose a solution because it would be a waste of time. They're going to do whatever they decide is "fair" and the game will continue on.

And no, I didn't get to benefit from the glitch.

Cheers
  • MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    dj1q0wo7c3bj.jpg

Damn.... people abused the hell out of this
  • acid21 wrote: »

Hey @acid21 thanks for linking to that extra info. You're correct that as we've mentioned before, we're aware of the issue and are already working on it. As an answer has already been provided multiple times, both in this thread and others, I'll be closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.