**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A little sympathy, folks

klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
I know everyone's all mad and stuff about bugs and rewards and bans and such, and maybe right now you don't want to hear it, but right now, somewhere in Vancouver, some poor schmucks are being pulled from their coding and being handed a big ol' pile of horse poo to sift through and figure out who did what now and what to take back and so on so forth. After all, there's no simple roll back, this is most likely a one-by-one human eyeball account review of TENS of THOUSANDS of accounts. Thats a lot of poop-sifting man hours for the low guys on the totem pole who probably wished the devs did their job juuuuust a little better. For you see, Kabam isn't some faceless corporate moneygrabber, it's made up of hard-working guys and gals who are trying their best and who ultimately pay a price for exploits or bugs or whatever people on the boards are in a huff about. Anyway, here's to you, unfortunate Kabam employees that have to deal with this mess - I've been there! Hang tough, keep getting them checks!

Comments

• MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    edited August 2017
    You say that, but any bug in our favor is always immediately fixed and bans are handed out, meanwhile any bug in their favor get a the exact same response always " we've passed it along and they are looking into it". If we are lucky it may be fix in 6-8 months all the while kabam raking in the money from them.
    If you do hand out bans, by your logic anyone who worked on the game that caused the evade "bug" , parry "bug", not being able to move "bug", and dropped blocks " bug" should be fired.
    edited August 2017
    And no I was not one who participated in the exploit. Though i can t blame the people who did, kabam screws everyone constantly, the way I see it those are justifiable compensations rewards for all their bs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Bugs are not justifications for exploits.
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    Yep, simple text bugs in Character bios take 6-12 months to get fixed, if ever.
    Then maybe they should hire better software engineers, it's not like the money they make is funneled back into upkeep.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    lol u really think they will check each account manually for every quest done o.o or just write a simple script to see who runs the same path multiple times and received full completion rewards more than once.
    Oh I have no doubt they will write a script and at least 20% will be false positives.
  • Compared to other Mobile Games and even console games, MCOC is simply great. It is fun and yes there are bugs but this game got huge.
    At the end, Kabam is running a business and not a charity. This game does not force you to use your money and if you do it is your own choice. I don't use money because I do have a lot of time and I am enjoying this game and I am curious how far I can come as a free 2 play summoner with an other full time job and girlfriend ;)
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    Compared to other Mobile Games and even console games, MCOC is simply great. It is fun and yes there are bugs but this game got huge.
    At the end, Kabam is running a business and not a charity. This game does not force you to use your money and if you do it is your own choice. I don't use money because I do have a lot of time and I am enjoying this game and I am curious how far I can come as a free 2 play summoner with an other full time job and girlfriend ;)

Not really. Its decent and something to do while bored at work.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    lol u really think they will check each account manually for every quest done o.o or just write a simple script to see who runs the same path multiple times and received full completion rewards more than once.

Kids I datamined stuff like this for 11 years, and for real financial data and time/location/user sensitive stuff, looking for credit fraud and such, not just game stuff like this. There is no "simple" script for what kabam miike promised insofar as identifying, confirming, rating severity, identifying actions subsequent to AND related to, determining level of punishment and what assets to be returned, what level to be returned at independent from other unrelated game advances, etc. There's judgment calls above and beyond hack=ban, and there's guys being pulled off of making the game run well to deal with this. I suspect miike should have just left it at Ban, much cheaper for them honestly.
    lol u ever heard of an if statement. and u really think they will manually de rank your characters one by one when u use the catalysts u gained from said bug? or just roll back your whole account to the time before u gained those exploited rewards. u made it sound so complicated when its really not lol.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    lol u ever heard of an if statement. and u really think they will manually de rank your characters one by one when u use the catalysts u gained from said bug? or just roll back your whole account to the time before u gained those exploited rewards. u made it sound so complicated when its really not lol.

Funny, seems they did what I said they'd do.

Funny, seems they did what I said they'd do.

lol they did what? thats why players lost the shards they gain from that month too? and the 5 star heroes they opened?