**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is that Kabam adopt the "rich get richer" approach?

I felt like this boss rush should have been aimed at mid range kind of players to help get an extra 5*.

Yet they choose to only make the quest beatable by the elites basically. Then they get a second 5* because of the mistake with placing the quest in dailies.

Excuse me, wtf?

Comments

• Options
    ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

I felt like this boss rush should have been aimed at mid range kind of players to help get an extra 5*.

Yet they choose to only make the quest beatable by the elites basically. Then they get a second 5* because of the mistake with placing the quest in dailies.

Excuse me, wtf?

I don't know, why don't ask the people who created it?

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Excuse me, wtf?

Define a mid range player? If you are able to solo bosses in aq, run uncollected eq regularly without issue and have made it at least through act 5 3 I'd say you should be capable of this. There are a few exceptions here. If you were unlucky enough to pull corvus or ghost and have been bulldozing your way through content with them and revives you will probably struggle since you didn't develop a well rounded profile with counters. If you have only ranked god tier champions off seatin's list as you got them and left your other champs at low ranks ignored you may lack certain counters. Many elites has you refer to them already have plenty of access to shards so this is no huge bonus to them it only seems that way when you are struggling to put a 5* together maybe once a month. Rather than call it a quest for elites look at it as a cheap way to improve your skills since the fights are only 1 energy per title and you can easily restart rather than spending pots. Also remember everyone struggled at some point with these challenges. Chloe's challenge kicked my but back when it was released. I'd love to try that again now that my skills have improved
    I think the first challenge I was able to complete was the one we got with stark spidey in it when he was new
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

Excuse me, wtf?

The truth is that the "elites" didn't get any richer playing this quest barring a few lucky pulls. In my case, and I'm FTP and far from the truly elite, I got two trash tier 5* dupes, so 550 6* shards basically. It didn't take long and cost me zero items so I'm not complaining, but the idea that this quest helps the rich get richer is nonsense.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    A 5* dont really make much difference in the long run compared to what is currently achieved in game
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Um, noobs get richer as well.

My friend started an account last May, and he is as good as I was 6 months ago now.

Progression for everyone has gone up.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★

Excuse me, wtf?

Who were you trying to beat it with? I had terrible, terrible RNG and started it over approximately 1 billion times until I could get through Domino easily and ended up reviving on IW in my final run to beat her the way I wanted. That was quite the favorable exchange rate IMO since I pulled Annihilus. Throwing a couple stash revives at getting a 5 star is a good deal.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    You can complete it with 4 40s...seems pretty midrange in the part of the game where most midrange players have a few 5 star champs.
  • Options
    ZipioZipio Posts: 128

Excuse me, wtf?

I would call myself an average player and I still managed to beat it with 0 unites spent. You just got to practice. Because I came onto the forum and complained when I couldn’t beat domino. But I listened to feedback and ended up completing it with three champs that were actually useful in the quest. I found my rank 5 4* void, domino and starky could handle everyone in it
  • Options

its more like the strong get stronger and the weak stay weak

Imagine you were somehow the only player of the game. Every Boss Rush would basically be just as difficult, forever, because the developers would be designing the difficulty around you. No matter how much progress you made in the game, the content would be targeted at someone with that progress level, because there was no one else.

Now imagine there are only two players in the game, you and me. Suppose every Boss Rush seemed to be getting easier. The only way that can happen is if the developers are targeting us both in general, and you're progressing faster than I am so you're above average and I'm below average. Every Boss Rush would get easier for you and harder for me.

Now extend this to a million players. The strong get stronger basically because everyone faster than the average player goes forward, and everyone weaker than the average player goes backward. Things like the calendar are a safety net to prevent players that are too slow progressing in the game from falling too far behind. No matter how slow you are, as long as you log in at all you're guaranteed some minimum progress speed because the calendar rewards basically mandate a minimum speed. Meanwhile, the fact that the content tops out at a certain height mandates a kind of maximum speed limit soft cap.

The strong get stronger to a point, the weak get weaker to a point, and everyone else is in the middle.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    @Dshu said:

Excuse me, wtf?

Define a mid range player? If you are able to solo bosses in aq, run uncollected eq regularly without issue and have made it at least through act 5 3 I'd say you should be capable of this. There are a few exceptions here. If you were unlucky enough to pull corvus or ghost and have been bulldozing your way through content with them and revives you will probably struggle since you didn't develop a well rounded profile with counters. If you have only ranked god tier champions off seatin's list as you got them and left your other champs at low ranks ignored you may lack certain counters. Many elites has you refer to them already have plenty of access to shards so this is no huge bonus to them it only seems that way when you are struggling to put a 5* together maybe once a month. Rather than call it a quest for elites look at it as a cheap way to improve your skills since the fights are only 1 energy per title and you can easily restart rather than spending pots. Also remember everyone struggled at some point with these challenges. Chloe's challenge kicked my but back when it was released. I'd love to try that again now that my skills have improved
    Best counters are probably dr Voodoo for kg and domino, whoever for women, sparky for ss, whoever for tm, and whoever for quake. All those specific counters are pretty high on terms of whatever tits actually. It's not like it's easier to do with Joe fix it than with ghost or domino. And it's easier to brute force it with god tier chams. Prove me wrong if you wish to, show how awesome ip, dpx, hb or any other thrash champ is awesome for the content
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Comparatively this is geared at the mid tier players. The game has gotten to the point where the mid tier is around the uncollected point with at minimum a solid collection of 4* at R5.

If you arent at this spot I wouldnt classify you as mid tier. I'm not upper tier by any means but would put myself closer to upper tier than mid tier(probably close to in between) in both skill and roster with a handful of R5 5* champs.

All that said this content can be completed by those at mid tier that have built thier teams properly with the right utility needed. If you dont have the utility needed learn from it and work to add that utility to your roster. Every decision/rank up should be made to fill the gaps your roster cant cover if using rare resources for you.

Also a skilled player below mid tier with the right 3* can work there way through this content.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Excuse me, wtf?

Elites? It can be beat with 3*'s. Its aimed at a wide range of players.
    Go ahead bud, beat it with just 3* and post a video on it please, I’d love to see it
    If I had any 3*'s ranked past R1 I would.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

@Dshu said:

Excuse me, wtf?

Best counters are probably dr Voodoo for kg and domino, whoever for women, sparky for ss, whoever for tm, and whoever for quake. All those specific counters are pretty high on terms of whatever tits actually. It's not like it's easier to do with Joe fix it than with ghost or domino. And it's easier to brute force it with god tier chams. Prove me wrong if you wish to, show how awesome ip, dpx, hb or any other thrash champ is awesome for the content
    You are no more likely to pass domino with corvus or ghost than you could with fixit and hb. Voodoo is far from the best counter for domino and king groot. King groot can be beat with anyone although a heavy hitter makes it a quicker fight. Domino could be beat with most mystic champs as long as you keep nullifying the regen and there is a list of champs out there that can beat her. That list was compiled within just 24 hours and I'm sure there are more people have added to it. Many people focus on seatin's god tier and above champs (he is the most common youtuber to make this list) and forget that that list has a disclaimer on it. Yes they are good for a lot of content but no one champ is perfect for all content. Also I found doc oc the best counter for sym supreme. Instant power lock and you can refresh with your special 1. I could be wrong because I only really follow rich on YouTube but I don't believe doc is listed as beyond or even god tier by most youtubers.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Kt1 seems to be setting an annoying precedent
    If I can do it with 3*, y'all shouldn't complain about difficultt
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom Wow, this is the first time i have saw a post from u that has more ppl agree than disagree! Usually ppl just click disagree no matter what u say.