**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner appreciation calendar (2?)

J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
*To start, this is a question aimed at the Kabam team.

With the first summoner appreciation calendar soon coming to an end in the next 2-3 weeks, I have to say what a great thing to do for the players committed to this game and a tip of the hat for it. My question is if we will be seeing more of these long calendars either immediately, more intermittent throughout the year, or if this was planned as a one time thing as of now.

I only ask out of curiosity as I thought it was a great addition, but understand if we won’t see it again.

Thanks,
J0N is COOL

Comments

• J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    Mr_Wiff said:

I think if we had them almost back to back it would be pointless having monthly calendars as the rewards just don't compare. Obviously that's a different topic about updating monthly calendar. But my point is I don't see this being a regular thing that we get every year but I think you'd have to be nuts to not want this to come around again. Also can I just say its nice that the forums still have posts commenting on the positive things Kabam do like this. As a community we all see to want to tear each others throats out. I for one am looking forward to the global event that's been announced that every summoner can work towards.

The goal was to post the question without any negativity and simply ask the question if we will see something like this again because it has been a great thing to look forward to for the last 70 or so days.

I do agree with you on that another one immediately seems far fetched and would more than likely diminish the integrity of the monthly calendar. As a huge fan of this I want to see it as much as possible, however, they are free rewards and I would be understanding if it is a one time thing currently, especially if that is subject to change in the future.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    This year was a big one for the Game the long awaited Fantastic 4. The Calendar was to add to the year of celebration. We've also had Endgame out. Don't know what could be big enough to warrant a calendar like this again but hoping they can round this year of nicely. I'm sure they will do it again, really good for newer players and Kabam will always be looking to increase their player base.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Would love another 3 month calendar
  • I love the Summoner Appreciation Calendar. it is the main reason why I log in every day even if I have no longer business doing the event quests ( I only do Heroic and like 50% Master level ). But I won't get my hopes up it will come our way again for a second time around. My best guess would be next year.
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    You might see it after 10 years when Marvel hits 90:D
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't be shocked if there was a six week or two month version for the 5th anniversary.

for those saying it undermines the monthly one: I don't really see as it does since there are different rewards in each and this set up is not vastly different to how Future Fight runs a constant 28-day calendar that cycles each month depending on your start date (IE it starts on day 1 when you start playing and ends 28 days later and then restarts on day 29 irrespective of when in the month you began) and then often runs an eight week calendar with other rewards in (often including 6 free characters) for a specific time-frame. They've run about four of those this year and they've run other 1-week or 2-week calendars as well...
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I think if they go back and dont have another calendar like the summoner appreciation calendar then they need to go back to stronger monthly calendars.

The monthly calendar since the released the appreciation calendar has been trash for the most part compared to previous months.
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    Thank you all for your inputs and keeping it civil, so often it gets spun into something we don’t want on the forums or gets toxic.

I agree with most that it is unlikely to see the calendar get reissued soon. I also disagree with the monthly calendar being complete trash. It was initially intended to help newer players get difficult rewards earlier to keep them invested in the game in attempt to not halter their progression. I do not believe it was ever intended for upper mid tier players or end game players. That being said I enjoy the free rewards and wouldn’t have a problem if they got a boost.

I just hope to see the longer forms giving more diverse rewards and keep me invested to logging in all the time. Most of it doesn’t help but it is another way of getting gold and iso for my champs. Hopefully someone from Kabam could shed some light on the question, even if it is vague and saying as of right now we don’t have plans for another.

Again thank you to everyone for sharing and keeping this post toxic free.
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    Would love to see this again, but obviously understand if it isn't right away. The 5 year anniversary is coming up so there is probably something special planned for the end of 2019.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Imagine a year long calender with 6*awekening gem.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Would love a New longrun calendar, but.
    With christmas time on horizont i think we get some eq related and a christmas calendar. Following by new Year kalendar (Western and China) maybe then?
  • I’ve really enjoyed it, if you got everything it gives you it’s a massive lump of loot, but spaced out as it is it’s not so stark, but still a welcome boost to accounts of all levels, especially the sig stones.

I honestly think that a long term calendar like this that rewards prolonged loyalty is an excellent idea.

A Daily, monthly and quarterly calendar essentially.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Great Power comes with Great Responsibility...

Great rewards should come from Great events... Not free ..

There's something wrong with me for not wanting free stuff 😜