**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• money money money.....
  • RinzlerRinzler Posts: 23
    edited August 2017
    6* sound interesting addition to the game. Actually think it will bring a well needed shake up to the game. Would we still see the same alliances dominating AQ tiers. Gives a chance for new comers to the game to have a chance of getting somewhere thats not dominated by the ancients.

The monthly quests are becoming tedious, I have two R5 4* and the content is mind numbing. Get shot of the easiest and drop the others in its place and have a decent quest worthy of master.

The game needs to become modular, similar to episodic games, act 1-4 are now unused content on my phone, yet take up valuable space, growing size of the game on my mobile would be the only reason I stop playing this game.
    After all playing MCOC has kept my movements regular.

A timeline on when the amendments to rank up costs for 5* would be awesome tho guys...
  • Vulkan7Vulkan7 Posts: 17
    First post on forums as a long time player cause had to voice that the release of 6* is premature. Was raising the level cap even considered? And if so why was it not the option?
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    edited August 2017
    T2Alpha currently sell for $99 for 1/4 of a full T2A! Do you really think we will start getting one a week? Or one a month?

Even t4cc and t1a availability and inventory capacity has fallen out of balance for 5*.

Oh and the T5Basic that no one has yet... You think those will start flowing and we will be able to start maxing 5*s every few weeks? Expect 2 for 100% Act 5 (probably not fully released until end of Dec). That content should be a breeze to beat. After that we will get offers for 1/8 of T5Basic for $99.

Bottom line: Very few players will have 1 maxed 5* by the time 6*s are getting released.
  • Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    Gotta hand it to the big guys for speaking out against this.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    T2Alpha currently sell for $99 for 1/4 of a full T2A! Do you really think we will start getting one a week? Or one a month?

Even t4cc and t1a availability and inventory capacity has fallen out of balance for 5*.

Oh and the T5Basic that no one has yet... You think those will start flowing and we will be able to start maxing 5*s every few weeks? Expect 2 for 100% Act 5 (probably not fully released until end of Dec). That content should be a breeze to beat. After that we will get offers for 1/8 of T5Basic for $99.

Bottom line: Very few players will have 1 maxed 5* by the time 6*s are getting released.

I completely disagree. You dont know what act 5 rewards will be.
  • RomulusRomulus Posts: 4
    This is very agrivating I've been playing almost 2yrs now and just got my first rank 5 four star yesterday and now everyone that joined mcoc will get to where I'm at in a few months because these "coming six star champs"?! That's a slap to the face for everyone that has been loyal n playing since the beginning when even alpha catalysts where hard to acquire. If they proceed to releasing these 6* champs I will no longer play and neither will most of my alliance. I'm very disappointed.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Enjoy your new 6* Luke Cages guys! So what if your 4* Voodoos, Icemans, and Archangels are worthless now? You only have to dupe your 5* Iron Patriot 157 times before you can get him.

Why the long face?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    This is a terrible idea to talk about or develop 6* champs. I'm only at 200k but at the pace I was going I finally took my first 4* to rank 5 (which was Vision AOU), with the ability to get 3 more to rank 5 soon. The real soon not the Kabam soon. Now I don't care to rank 5 my 4* anymore, I only have about 6 or 7 5* and only one dupe. It takes me forever to get 5*, it's because I don't spend money on this game. I could take one 5* to rank 3 soon but it won't feel the same as it could have before.

I understand creating the content we have more difficult but the best way to go about it would have been to announce 6* for Story Mode, and new level of difficulty for the event quests and the release of Bases where maybe Kabam could have a team of 6* for anyone to attack. Updating the single day and 3 day events would have been better.

We want more content and refreshed events, we wanted more options for the AW such as new maps, maps that could also restrict which star value you can use. 2* only Maps, 3* only maps, 4* only maps 5* only maps, open maps (what it is now). Instead my alliance and many other will have a really hard time in the AW and have an equally difficult time recruiting members. AQ will be more of a pain than it is now, you could have waited for more of us to catch up before making us feel like we wasted our time and money. Alliances will break up over this.
    Love me some master quest and Alliance quest with badass 6 star champs. It is about time AQ becomes great again.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited August 2017
    I can't effectively express how dissapointed I am with this announcement.

The real litmus test is that Kabam felt a moral obligation to let us know before buying future offers... why is that?

A: The long accepted economy of this game no longer applies. It's like Kabam shifted the decimal place on every dollar we've spent until now.

I will not spend again unless the "Upgrade 5⭐️" option is implemented. You can add some sort of super cool re-skin to them. Champs like Storm, Hulk, Wolverine, the core group.

@Kabam Miike please check my account. You'll see I've spent way north of $10,000.00 on this game. Until this announcement I was in for the long haul. My friends who are also big spenders and not on the forums feel exactly the same way.

Every lunch time since this announcement has been the three of us spitting venom on the notion of 6⭐️ Champs while angrily clutching our Americanos.

You guys seriously need to rethink this.
  • Hey everyone. End game player here. I strongly disagree with the 6 star hero addition to the game. I myself only have 6 5 stars and only one of them is duped at rank 2. I was able to complete 5.2 with only rank 5 4 stars. I only have 5 of those as well. I would love more time to grow before something as big as this comes up. I’ve been playing for roughly 2 and a half years and barely even have enough 5 stars to be a “good summoner”. I play actively every day and still do not have what I should have for my level. So please. Give the community more time to grow before releasing 6 stars as playable characters. Focus on Real time PvP, 5v5 alliance arenas, alliance bases, and fix the god damn bugs for Christ’s sake.
    Vavasour wrote: »

The real litmus test is that Kabam felt a moral obligation to let us know before buying future offers... why is that?

A: The long accepted economy of this game no longer applies. It's like Kabam shifted the decimal place on every dollar we've spent until now.

I will not spend again unless the "Upgrade 5⭐️" option is implemented.

@Kabam Miike please check my account. You'll see I've spent way north of $10,000.00 on this game. Until this announcement I was in for the long haul. My friends who are also big spenders and not on the forums feel exactly the same way.

Every lunch time since this announcement has been the three of us spitting venom on the notion of 6⭐️ Champs while angrily clutching our Americanos.

Why do you feel this way? 6 stars wont be even closed in power to maxed 5 stars for like 20 plus months. For a 6 star to be stronger than a 5 star maxed it will need to be level 4.

A maxed 5 star = 6 star level 3

We still need to know the rank up requirements. Maybe T6B and T3A will be needed who knows.

You guys relax and enjoy the game.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    CapWW2, you've made your opinion clear. Everyone's entitled to voice theirs without you being combative about it.
    Hey everyone. End game player here. I strongly disagree with the 6 star hero addition to the game. I myself only have 6 5 stars and only one of them is duped at rank 2. I was able to complete 5.2 with only rank 5 4 stars. I only have 5 of those as well. I would love more time to grow before something as big as this comes up. I’ve been playing for roughly 2 and a half years and barely even have enough 5 stars to be a “good summoner”. I play actively every day and still do not have what I should have for my level. So please. Give the community more time to grow before releasing 6 stars as playable characters. Focus on Real time PvP, 5v5 alliance arenas, alliance bases, and fix the god damn bugs for Christ’s sake.

Sorry mate, you aint not end game player. I have 20 5 stars and completed LOL and i am not a end game player! End game players are top 50 alliances with 5700 minimum!
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    CapWW2, you've made your opinion clear. Everyone's entitled to voice theirs without you being combative about it.

I am not being combative by any means. I am countering any arguments politely and respecfully. Thanks
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. End game player here. I strongly disagree with the 6 star hero addition to the game. I myself only have 6 5 stars and only one of them is duped at rank 2. I was able to complete 5.2 with only rank 5 4 stars. I only have 5 of those as well. I would love more time to grow before something as big as this comes up. I’ve been playing for roughly 2 and a half years and barely even have enough 5 stars to be a “good summoner”. I play actively every day and still do not have what I should have for my level. So please. Give the community more time to grow before releasing 6 stars as playable characters. Focus on Real time PvP, 5v5 alliance arenas, alliance bases, and fix the god damn bugs for Christ’s sake.

Sorry mate, you aint not end game player. I have 20 5 stars and completed LOL and i am not a end game player! End game players are top 50 alliances with 5700 minimum!

Well I’m out of stuff to do haha. Just putting my thoughts out there
    Joe35 wrote: »
    I am sick to my stomach about 6* champs. All of the time and money spent ranking 4 and 5* champs for what? No need for 6* as playable champs. I understand fighting against them once you have a maxed 5(which you can't do yet).

I am more upset that they are discarding our efforts to get where we are now. Tier 2 alphas next to impossible to get. Answer to that, make them easier to get. Big mistake. Keep rare items rare. Simple economics. Don't print more money to make things easier, big mistake. You are devaluing everything your income (us) have done to get to this point. "All that money you saved, it's not worth anything anymore."

I may check out when 6* come out. And Kabam Miike, how can we start preparing now when our inventory can't hold it and then we can't sell tier 4 in stash? Guys, it's a trap. Stop spending money and it will send the message.

We have the power here. Don't spend money. Period. Featured 4* star crystals are useless now and why should I worry about 5* when I need to "start making decisions about ranking champs". This may be my end. I hung in there when you ruined the game with 12.0. Dr. Strange is still dead. Don't know if I can hang through this.

That sick feeling I got, being cheated. That's how I feel.

You can start preparing by not ranking and not opening crystals.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    You're not countering arguments. You're attempting to shut down people's input that's counter to your opinion, repeatedly. It's time to let others voice their opinions without your input.
    Some loves flagging my post. You make me more relevant. I love it!
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited August 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Vavasour wrote: »

I will not spend again unless the "Upgrade 5⭐️" option is implemented.

Why do you feel this way? 6 stars wont be even closed in power to maxed 5 stars for like 20 plus months. For a 6 star to be stronger than a 5 star maxed it will need to be level 4.

A maxed 5 star = 6 star level 3

We still need to know the rank up requirements. Maybe T6B and T3A will be needed who knows.

You guys relax and enjoy the game.

Because every offer I've bought was meant to be an investment in A Tier champs.

juyitigx67ir.png

These guys, whom I've spent a lot of time and money on, just got downgraded to B Tier.

What happens when 7⭐️ Champs come?

The whole thing just feels futile.

In classic games, use City of Heroes as an example, you don't throw away your best character every 6 months to start over. Instead they introduce new classes, etc.

I'm attached to my OG Ultron, I want to continue to develop him, not watch him become irrelevant.
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    You're not countering arguments. You're attempting to shut down people's input that's counter to your opinion, repeatedly. It's time to let others voice their opinions without your input.

I completly agree, there is no need to try and make others feel dumb or make them feel as if their opinion doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to speak their mind. This is a discussion in a public forum, not a talk show hosted by CapWW2.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Joe35 wrote: »
    You can start preparing by not ranking and not opening crystals.

Inventory can't hold it @CapWW2

The crystals dont have limit. You can have 500 t4cc shard crystals. You can have 1000 t4cc crystals fyi.

Just dont open them

[/quote]

What about Summoner Advancement?
  • This is rediculous. U guys are going to lose all your loyal player that have been playing since the game started when alphas and 4*s where very rare. Only the very top players that pay will enjoy this but they'll quickly lose interest as well when the game population significantly drops. Instead of focusing on six star champs please concentrate on the bases that have been "coming soon" since the game released! This is absolutely b.s. and I pray kabam reconsider this horrible decision. I mean do u guys even read your forums?! Everyone is against this. I don't care how many T4C or alphas or even 4*s u give us I've worked my ass off for more than 2yrs to get to where I'm at and for people now to spend a little cash and get to my level in a few months is complete disrespect to your loyal players.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Would it be wrong to suggest to the development team to reverse the champ release for 6* (start from most recent champ releases and work your way down) ?

The game isn't going to be worth it anymore if people get shafted with 6* garbage champs. That might even give the dev team time to figure out how to (hopefully) improve on said garbage champs so they can be relevant, instead of phone-breaking worthy...
    Plantesan wrote: »
    Would it be wrong to suggest to the development team to reverse the champ release for 6* (start from most recent champ releases and work your way down) ?

The game isn't going to be worth it anymore if people get shafted with 6* garbage champs. That might even give the dev team time to figure out how to (hopefully) improve on said garbage champs so they can be relevant, instead of phone-breaking worthy...

Agree 100 percent. We need amazing champs that everyone likes as 6 stars. I suggest kabam to take our input. We can as a community vote.

• DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    They can easily fix this.

Delay 6*s by a year at least
    Introduce T5Bs
    Make T2As more available
    Make T1As, T4Cs, and T4Bs much more available

Over the course of the year, this will allow a solid percentage of the player base good access to rank 5 four stars and acceptable access to rank 5 5*s.

And only then you start introducing 6*s.

You're 18 months too soon Kabam, but you can reverse all of this and save your game.