**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    By the time I can get a 6* to rank 2 there will new masteries, new champs which means new synergies and new abilities. LOL was intended for that time, not now but when people like me will get rank 2 6*. LOL 2 will probably be released at that time.
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Challenger rating destroyed this game. It arbitrarily punishes players for having weak champs and it devalues everyone's rosters every time they release a new batch of stars.

It's arbitrary of course. There's no reason to suffer EXTRA punishment when you're going in with an already weaker champ. Money grabbing nonsense is all it is.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    DD2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Challenger rating is amazing! Why you should be entiled to complete content with 2 or 3 stars?

Alliance quest should be hard. Still 4 stars rock there but that wont be the case soon and i am very happy about that.

If anything, the lesser star champs you use to pass content, the more entitled you are to pass it because you need more skills to do it.

You make zero sense.

Nope, i disagree, content is tailored to certain level. Master quest is not designed for 3 stars hence challenger rating. It makes it way harder. You need to obtain the champs to make it easier for you.

If you can complete all content with 3 stars what is the point of playing to obtain more champs?

I will give you a practical example:

I did RTL with my max 4 stars. Then after I 100 percent the quest i tried to do with 3 stars. It was easy too before challenger rating. I demolished it with SW THOR SL BW and HULK all 3 stars. Now that is not possible. Thanks to challenger rating.

For this reason the content is tailored. LOL was designed for maxed 5 stars. ACT 5 was designed for rank 4 5 stars and maxed for stars and so on. I have to tell you that it makes sense. You can disagree if you want but it is the truth.
  • Options
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    By the time I can get a 6* to rank 2 there will new masteries, new champs which means new synergies and new abilities. LOL was intended for that time, not now but when people like me will get rank 2 6*. LOL 2 will probably be released at that time.

Again your assupmtions might not be true! You could be partially right but you are talking like it is a guarantee.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

I have never played map 6 and never will. I have 46 T4cc and some crystals stashed. It is your choice to play map 6. My alliance scores 118 million with map5 only.

Have fun in map6.

this is just a game not a full time job for me!

But you say the AQ is too easy, is that not why they came up with map 6? To give you a challenge? Wouldn't 6* in maps 4 and 5 essentially make it as hard as Map 6 is now?

No i dont need map6, i have a real life to take care of. It is not about being easy or not. Map6 is done with 4 stars too.

As far as LOL, it is irrelevant 6 stars recover health because there is something called enrage timer that works based on base attack.
    You have been on this thread for hours. Way more time then I would spend on map 6 LOL

Well i have some time off and it is my duty to represent the people happy with this change. It is my duty to expose the falacies and the attacks agaisnt this great company of Kabam.

Ranting unneceserally without knowing the changes is just........
    Not hating on ya. You have your opinion and you want to defend it. Just consider the fact some people are just dropping their opinions off here in hopes Kabam mods might read it. Not everything people say needs to be argued by you and people don't need to be disrespected for their opinions just cause it doesn't suit you. Let people just give their thoughts and move on
  • Options

I have never played map 6 and never will. I have 46 T4cc and some crystals stashed. It is your choice to play map 6. My alliance scores 118 million with map5 only.

Have fun in map6.

But you say the AQ is too easy, is that not why they came up with map 6? To give you a challenge? Wouldn't 6* in maps 4 and 5 essentially make it as hard as Map 6 is now?

No i dont need map6, i have a real life to take care of. It is not about being easy or not. Map6 is done with 4 stars too.

As far as LOL, it is irrelevant 6 stars recover health because there is something called enrage timer that works based on base attack.
    You have been on this thread for hours. Way more time then I would spend on map 6 LOL

Well i have some time off and it is my duty to represent the people happy with this change. It is my duty to expose the falacies and the attacks agaisnt this great company of Kabam.

Not hating on ya. You have your opinion and you want to defend it. Just consider the fact some people are just dropping their opinions off here in hopes Kabam mods might read it. Not everything people say needs to be argued by you and people don't need to be disrespected for their opinions just cause it doesn't suit you. Let people just give their thoughts and move on

Kabam wont change their minds regarding the release of 6 stars. It seems that some dont know how the system works. Why play a game and rant all the time. Where is the fun in that?
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Power creeping at its finest, and we are unfortunate to continue hoping they will listen *siiigh*
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Have fun in map6.

Kabam wont change their minds regarding the release of 6 stars. It seems that some dont know how the system works. Why play a game and rant all the time. Where is the fun in that?

Have fun in map6.

You never know. You might be forgetting the recent boycott and how that turned out. Still, not the point, nor do I think Kabam would change their mind. But everyone still has a right to their opinion w/o you sitting on this thread for hours and hours bashing them because their opinions don't match yours. Keep in mind, the majority is against the idea. Makes you just seem salty.
  • Options
    Nope, i disagree, content is tailored to certain level. Master quest is not designed for 3 stars hence challenger rating. It makes it way harder. You need to obtain the champs to make it easier for you.

You can disagree all you like, but it doesn't change the intent behind CR.

CR is designed to make our rosters obsolete and to get us to chase that unreachable carrot forever. It's a cash grab. It makes zero sense to punish people who are already at a roster disadvantage. No sense whatsoever.

If you want to make content more difficult, make it more difficult but don't make it tougher arbitrarily, cause all you're doing is favoring champs who are already strong. Might as well call Marvel Contest of Bribery. The 5* Union must have bribed the Grandmaster cause they have it easier. Same with the 4*s over the 3*s etc...
  • Options

CapWW2 - You either work for kabam or you have a **** profile. Either way, your Annoying as **** bro
    [/quote]

I do not work for kabam. My profile consist of

20 5 stars.
    - 2 rank 4
    - 12 rank 3

65 4 stars
    - 15 rank 5
    - 10 rank 4

5 T2A
    46 T4CC
  • Options
    VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    This post isn't about AQ map 6. Get back on topic. All this is doing is diluting the subject that needs to be discussed.
  • Options

Have fun in map6.

Have fun in map6.

You never know. You might be forgetting the recent boycott and how that turned out. Still, not the point, nor do I think Kabam would change their mind. But everyone still has a right to their opinion w/o you sitting on this thread for hours and hours bashing them because their opinions don't match yours. Keep in mind, the majority is against the idea. Makes you just seem salty.

Maybe you are right. I wont give my final opinion untill i see how act 5.3 and 5.4 is. And how is the ranking system for 6 stars, but as for now it is a good move.

People hurt by this are 100 feature crystals opener.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    If they buffed older champs, the class masteries (not including MD) and reduced or eliminated CR and DR than come out talking about 6*, it would have been a lot better received.
  • Options
    Challenger rating means there's no pay-off in this game because all your hard work get thrown in the trash whenever Kabam wants and you're back to square one chasing after the same champs of a higher star class.

Come up with something creative Kabam. Challenger rating is a scam. You've made an addictive game but there's only so much people can put up with. There's creative ways to give content, extend game life, make good profit, and do it without scamming your users. There's hundreds of posts here giving great ideas. Use them.
  • Options
    Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    I may sound a little ignorant here (Lvl 50 player recently returning after an eight-month break) But how is challenger rating going to affect AQ negatively? I also don't know when it's going to become a factor.
  • Options
    Not the right thread for this, but I'll give you a quick answer. It makes beating ROL with 2* and 3* extremely difficult, even more so than before. The only champs that should be on par or beat 5* are other 5* and high ranking 4*. It has been in effect since 13.0 I believe. We are in 14.1.
  • Options
    Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    Not the right thread for this, but I'll give you a quick answer. It makes beating ROL with 2* and 3* extremely difficult, even more so than before. The only champs that should be on par or beat 5* are other 5* and high ranking 4*. It has been in effect since 13.0 I believe. We are in 14.1.

Wait, what? That's not cool.
  • Options
    Think of it as cutting a tree down, you can use and axe (3*) or a chainsaw (4*, 5*). Before with effort you could take it down with an axe, now that same tree if you wanna cut it down with an axe, it gets replaced with a rusty dull axe. Now you need to wait for an upgraded version of the same tool (higher star champ, chainsaw) to take down the tree.
  • Options
    Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    edited August 2017
    This makes no sense such a bad idea ..i can see it now 3* 4* 5* 6* iron patriot or venapool its dumb i have so many champs that just sit there cause i have them ranked as 4* already same will happen with 6*s guess ita time to finally retire when 6*s comes out its bad enough u can't get 5*s unless you no life the game but if you just don't AQ and aw u might get a 5* once a month
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Hey @Kabam Miike
    I've suggestions to share with u, hope u read and reply.

As we all know, 6*s r now a fact and u can't back on that decision or introduce em later, most of the sad ones in the community about the 6*s r sad cuz u guys r introducing them too early, but that is said and done, but what i think it can be changed is 6* crystal content, we all know it's gonna take a year to get our first 6* champ, but after all that wait, someone got luke cage...well 99.9% chance he'll quit the game, what I'm trying to say at the first when 6*s hits, only add good champs and those that don't need to be duped to be effective, as we all know, it might take years to dupe them, add champs like "GP, ICEMAN, HYPERION, DRAX, MAGIK, ULTRON, GR OR VOODOO, CAP WWII, ETC", some champs there r very effective when duped, but still great without dupe, but if u add SL, well u won't use him till u dupe him right? So at first plz add those champs then when 6* shards become more accessible add those champs that will need to be duped to be effective and then lastly add luke cages and IPs...that will probably make 75% of the players who r complaining about 6* champs happy at the end...

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks for ur time
  • Options
    Hey @Kabam Miike

As we all know, 6*s r now a fact and u can't back on that decision or introduce em later, most of the sad ones in the community about the 6*s r sad cuz u guys r introducing them too early, but that is said and done, but what i think it can be changed is 6* crystal content, we all know it's gonna take a year to get our first 6* champ, but after all that wait, someone got luke cage...well 99.9% chance he'll quit the game, what I'm trying to say at the first when 6*s hits, only add good champs and those that don't need to be duped to be effective, as we all know, it might take years to dupe them, add champs like "GP, ICEMAN, HYPERION, DRAX, MAGIK, ULTRON, GR OR VOODOO, CAP WWII, ETC", some champs there r very effective when duped, but still great without dupe, but if u add SL, well u won't use him till u dupe him right? So at first plz add those champs then when 6* shards become more accessible add those champs that will need to be duped to be effective and then lastly add luke cages and IPs...that will probably make 75% of the players who r complaining about 6* champs happy at the end...

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks for ur time

Amazing post, how about the first 24 6 star can be the latest 24 5 stars feature champs?

I agree all 6 stars should be desiderable champs.
  • Options
    Hey @Kabam Miike

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks for ur time

Amazing post, how about the first 24 6 star can be the latest 24 5 stars feature champs?

I agree all 6 stars should be desiderable champs.

Why should they be "desirable" champs? Why do you feel "entitled" to pass difficult content with desirable champs?
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    Reinstag wrote: »
    I know the top players' opinions matter a lot, they have played the game for a long time now and have a lot of experience. However, I didnt quite get the concern. Is it the timing of when 6 stars will eventually become playable? Because if that is the case, I dont think it will be that soon. If you read through the discussion, the only way you can get a 6 star is through duping your five stars - Kabam was very clear you cant purchase shards. I also can't remember whether you can get them as rewards as well (maybe you can, someone can correct me here). So for you to get your first 6 stars, you need to dupe a five star 36 times (275 shards each time) to get 10k 6 star shards. Thats equivalent to 360k five star shards. And obviously the chances of you duping a five star is still rare so you will need a lot more shards. So your normal progression and objective should be to build your five star champions like what I am doing now to my four star champions. This clearly benefits the top players and not the new players like me. But what I gather from this is it gives me motivation to build my 5 star champions. I have been playing the game since Dec 2016 (9 months, and I have 6 five stars and duped 1). It will take me another, I dont know, 3-5 years, to possibly dupe all 6. But it wont still give me enough shards to get a 6 star. Some people may be very lucky to get it sooner but thats what the game is about too.

I think announcing this soon and giving us a chance to collect shards now is good. It will still benefit the top players who have a good 5 star roster more, because they will get there sooner. And this will clearly draw the line between the top and more experienced players and the newer players.

However, I do think that Kabam should introduce how we are going to be able to get to max our five stars. They gave more information about 6 stars but not a lot about maxing the five stars. When will we get those tier 5 cats and how.

Anyway just stating my opinion as well.

@Reinstag it's not the 6* per say, it's the Repeating! We need new content challenges as the game has become dull and boring. NOT a need to collect the same champs again but know they are 6* and still have the same dull and boring content to use them in.
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    So I have just figured out ........

Caps wont make your case more correct. Everyone mad about this should be quiet. Kabam is doing the right thing. I agree with you the first 24 6 stars should be gathered from a community poll.

Sorry @CapWW2 who made you emperor and able to discount everyone's opinion because it doesn't match with yours? No every one shouldn't be quiet and NO kabam isn't doing the right thing. 6* isn't new content it's the same hamster wheel of dross this game has become. New content is much of what the guys have been putting up as suggestions for years which kabam is ignoring and hasn't been 6* related. Also without the whales this game would have folded a long time ago.

Your also the guy complaining about one champ or another already being overpowered, even though most of us seem to be able to manage them, yet your keen for 6*? Why so you can start doing nerf posts again. Come on think this through, spenders leave because they get bored and new content isnt added, funds reduce kabam can't innovate, game dies. As far as I am concerned new interesting content is need before anything else otherwise this hamster wheel will brake.
  • Options
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    So I have just figured out ........

Caps wont make your case more correct. Everyone mad about this should be quiet. Kabam is doing the right thing. I agree with you the first 24 6 stars should be gathered from a community poll.

Sorry @CapWW2 who made you emperor and able to discount everyone's opinion because it doesn't match with yours? No every one shouldn't be quiet and NO kabam isn't doing the right thing. 6* isn't new content it's the same hamster wheel of dross this game has become. New content is much of what the guys have been putting up as suggestions for years which kabam is ignoring and hasn't been 6* related. Also without the whales this game would have folded a long time ago.

Your also the guy complaining about one champ or another already being overpowered, even though most of us seem to be able to manage them, yet your keen for 6*? Why so you can start doing nerf posts again. Come on think this through, spenders leave because they get bored and new content isnt added, funds reduce kabam can't innovate, game dies. As far as I am concerned new interesting content is need before anything else otherwise this hamster wheel will brake.

Comepletely agree with you. This needs to be the last thing they release to the game. Having 6* as opponents in content is one thing. Releasing it as playable champs is the wrong thing.

Releasing Bases and revamping all of the events was the way to go. After announcing being able to rank 5 5*, they could have changed the AW, single day and three day events and release Bases. That would have made everyone really excited. People would be willing to open their wallet (if they did it right).