**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I have finished LOL with 4 stars so I am not waiting for 6 stars to be able to finish content.

If t4b cannot be sold let them expire.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited August 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I have finished LOL with 4 stars so I am not waiting for 6 stars to be able to finish content.

You've lost the plot bud.

I'm not trying to be mean, but how does this add to the discussion?
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    CapWW2 has clue what he's talking about.

According to him, no one should be "entitled" to pass difficult content with 3*s which is what he uses to justify Challenger Rating, then he asks Kabam for "desirable" 6* champs.

Sorry, but if someone has the balls and skills to finish ROL with 3*s or even 2*s, they shouldn't be punished by CR for no reason. It's already hard enough, why make it harder? To sell champs?
    Vavasour wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »

You've lost the plot bud.

I'm not trying to be mean, but how does this add to the discussion?

People asking me or assuming false things about me! I have to defend myself.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It's like they didn't do any marketing research on implementing 6*s.
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Ya, where is this beta testing team they supposedly have?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Ya, where is this beta testing team they supposedly have?

They all got fed up and quit. They couldn't believe Hulkbuster, Abomination and Luke Cage were in the game as long as they have been and they still suck.
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    Reinstag wrote: »
    I know the top players' opinions matter a lot, they have played the game for a long time now and have a lot of experience. However, I didnt quite get the concern. Is it the timing of when 6 stars will eventually become playable? Because if that is the case, I dont think it will be that soon. If you read through the discussion, the only way you can get a 6 star is through duping your five stars - Kabam was very clear you cant purchase shards. I also can't remember whether you can get them as rewards as well (maybe you can, someone can correct me here). So for you to get your first 6 stars, you need to dupe a five star 36 times (275 shards each time) to get 10k 6 star shards. Thats equivalent to 360k five star shards. And obviously the chances of you duping a five star is still rare so you will need a lot more shards. So your normal progression and objective should be to build your five star champions like what I am doing now to my four star champions. This clearly benefits the top players and not the new players like me. But what I gather from this is it gives me motivation to build my 5 star champions. I have been playing the game since Dec 2016 (9 months, and I have 6 five stars and duped 1). It will take me another, I dont know, 3-5 years, to possibly dupe all 6. But it wont still give me enough shards to get a 6 star. Some people may be very lucky to get it sooner but thats what the game is about too.

I think announcing this soon and giving us a chance to collect shards now is good. It will still benefit the top players who have a good 5 star roster more, because they will get there sooner. And this will clearly draw the line between the top and more experienced players and the newer players.

However, I do think that Kabam should introduce how we are going to be able to get to max our five stars. They gave more information about 6 stars but not a lot about maxing the five stars. When will we get those tier 5 cats and how.

Anyway just stating my opinion as well.

@Reinstag it's not the 6* per say, it's the Repeating! We need new content challenges as the game has become dull and boring. NOT a need to collect the same champs again but know they are 6* and still have the same dull and boring content to use them in.

@PlasmaKing ok, i thought the issue was the premature announcement. What i understood from Kabam's announcement was that 6 stars will be hard to collect, and as I said could take ages. I am pretty sure Kabam will release new content during that time. I dont think that will be an issue. It is clear 6 stars will not be released in the next month or so where you will use them on the current game content. There will be new content. Kabam is giving us the heads up that 6 stars are on the way. Rather than just dropping the bomb, and saying we will see 6 stars tomorrow.

If the top players dont want 6 stars released, when then?

I think what the top players didnt like was that Kabam made the announcement before announcing other things we are expecting, like bases, maxing 5 stars and possibly new content. But you have to think, 6 stars will take time and during that time, I am hoping we will see progress on those new contents we are expecting.
  • Bbrizee7147Bbrizee7147 Posts: 114
    Thank you Kabam for ruining a game everyone loves, and yes 6* and easier made 5* will make 4* obsolete. What a waste of 2 years trying to build a great 4* team. Hell I only have 3 maxed 4* and 4 5* all induced and **** champs. I've spent money and a lot of time in this game and now I feel like I've wasted it. This isn't angry birds something people lobe for 6 months and then delete, people invest their time and money into this. And you (Kabam) screw us all over and why cause you sold out to netmarble and this is what they want. As long as the money right? Greedy and selfish! Take the money and screw your fan base, smart. I guess my end game came sooner than I thought.
    edited August 2017
    Why is it anyone's business if someone wants to (and is able to) pass ROL with 3*? Just admit you want sales. No one's buying "the need for harder content" when you always have to adjust goal posts to do it.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    The point is: here we (are going to) have 6s and if you are going to give us more resources for our 5s, that can mean only two things:

A) 4s Will be irrelevant as 3s sooner than later
    B) If point A isn't true as you said, that mean you are going to commit commercial suicide and run out of business for giving us those (5s) resources.

So again: we spent a lot of real time, money, gold, catalysts to rank up what soon will be useless 4s champions (stop hiding the truth)... Wanna introduce 6s? Fine, but give us resources back with #rankdowntickets or many of us will leave for good this time.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Well this thread no longer gets bumped to the first page anymore. Does that mean the mods aren't reading our posts anymore?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Im not worried about it. Everyone and their mother should have seen 6* coming. My only issues are:

- Inventory size
    - Availability of gold/t2a/t1a/
  • MajinkoMajinko Posts: 4
    edited August 2017
    I definitely can agree that it might be too soon for 6 stars given we've been promised more content as it seems like a repeat of an old idea. Bases, more gold quests, more other things would be nicer first but there's still time.
    At the same time, if you don't want to spend money on MCoC, do like a rational person and don't. No one is forcing you to. I, for one, am glad to know 5 star resource prices will be coming down soon.

As far as you lemmings parroting and/or glorifying the opinion of top players just because they're top players- they're also part of reason you're having difficulty getting more and better toons. (Notice I said part, don't reply half cocked and get throunced) 10 mil in an arena for a featured champ is a lot. It happens because some people have far more time to play and are willing to spend money on the units that just push the boundary further and further away from active players who can't dedicate their entire day to playing the game. That needs to be adjusted as well before 6 stars come out lest you get regular players who throw their hands up in defeat because they know with the already limited 4 and 5 stars they have, getting a 6 in an arena is gonna take 20 mil so why bother?

In summary, 6 stars were obviously coming, we have a good lead time for this, but it'd be better if other changes and additions were made to make the game better with more content and consideration for a larger amount of players.
  • 6* will bring the start of the end of MCOC. Agree with BIENT 100%
    DD2 wrote: »
    Why is it anyone's business if someone wants to (and is able to) pass ROL with 3*? Just admit you want sales. No one's buying "the need for harder content" when you always have to adjust goal posts to do it.

Because content is tailored to certain level.
    BigWeeWee wrote: »
    6* will bring the start of the end of MCOC. Agree with BIENT 100%

They said the same thing:

1. Post perfect block
    2. Post 12.0
    3. Post willpower
    4. And now
    edited August 2017
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    I have 5400+ ACcount with 3 r4s and paid totaly somewhere 200 Euros. Even i find that i paid too much...and sime guys here talk for 10,000$???are you kidding me?

because ur account is...like...empty.... catch the top100 leaderboard profile , u need to spend a lot a lot on crystals opening :) thats where money are :open_mouth:

All I can say spending is optional. So people complaining that just because you spend money kabam does not have the right to modify or alter content without any restrictions are really naive.

Kabam discloses in the TOS this clearly in English language. With that being said there is nothing to talk about here.

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Well.....at least we now know to save our rank up items for 6 stars. I have close to 30k 5star shards saved. I'll just continue to save until I have enough for a 6 star or 2. Be good to be one of the first with a 6 star at rank 2 or 3 lol. Never had any intention to play the Labyrinth so I'm not really going to miss out on content. I spend anyways too on things like that Drax or Spidey quests so I think I'll be ok. :-) it's funny cause I had 2 r4 5 stars before I had one maxed 4 star so this is the same thing.
    edited August 2017
    Well.....at least we now know to save our rank up items for 6 stars. I have close to 30k 5star shards saved. I'll just continue to save until I have enough for a 6 star or 2. Be good to be one of the first with a 6 star at rank 2 or 3 lol. Never had any intention to play the Labyrinth so I'm not really going to miss out on content. I spend anyways too on things like that Drax or Spidey quests so I think I'll be ok. :-) it's funny cause I had 2 r4 5 stars before I had one maxed 4 star so this is the same thing.

Amazing post. Look people will have more 5 star shards available monthly and that is a great thing. Most people are complaining because of feature 5 stars and LOL.

At the end of the day we will have LOL 2.0 and probably Act 6 too, who knows. If you get lemons do lemonade just like the saying goes. Playing the game to enjoy it is amazing! Playing the game to be a full time job and with the pressure to always be a the top is not healthy.

Lastly, eople at the top have the same rights and 0 entilement, just like anyone else.
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    An alternative version of the champs included would be cool. Like a film version of Dr. Strange, film version of Thor etc.
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    This is not new content. Same recycled garbage just with slightly higher stats. This does nothing for the game nor does it give the high level players "progression". What we need is truly new content whether that's bases, aw style tournaments whatever but this is simply not the answer. It's a smokescreen to try and get some whales to drop $$$ on the new crystals, nothing more.
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    What was the logic behind not making 6* shards retroactive? Too complex a transaction? What plans do you have to honor the top spenders/vets of the game? Would be a shame if you did nothing as it cost a pretty penny to complete lab, and I'll never get those shards again where as a new comer will be able to do it cheaper and benefit more from it