**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber monday deals! [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    N dupe my r4 corvustnxrtijsqfja.png
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I dropped some dough but it worked out well for me: one account got a 5-star Heimdall and Morningstar, a new 4-star Domino, a duped Scarlet Witch, and a rank up of my 5-star Gulk to rank 3. My other account got me a 5-star Medusa and Domino, an awakening for my 4-star Blade, and enough juice to rank 3 my 5-star Blade. Pretty decent day IMO.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I think the Offers are good. I just wish I hadn't spent earlier on this month.
  • Options
    Jerk311Jerk311 Posts: 55
    When did they start tacking on tax for unit store purchases?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Jerk311 wrote: »
    When did they start tacking on tax for unit store purchases?

It's likely specific to the area. Individual Taxes are determined by Countries and applied by the platforms. The prices are all fixed and in U.S. currency. Apple and Google adjust them based on Taxes and Duties.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    I'VE DECIDED NOT TO SPEND ON THESE CYBER MONDAY DEALS THIS YEAR BECAUSE IT WOULD AND ALWAYS DOES GIVE ME AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME AND IT'S NOT FAIR TO NON SPENDERS. THESE OFFERS GIVE YOU A 6 TO 9 MONTH BOOST WHEN SO MANY NON SPENDERS WORK SO HARD TO GET WHERE THEY ARE.

How isnt it fair? Everyone has the option to buy these deals? Just some choose to and some choose not to.

It would only be unfair if they offered these deals to a small select few players.
    There are youtubers who are free to play and show that if you put in the time to be in the top then you can achieve this.

Because if you are broke, then you don't have the option. So it's really not an option is it!. And when i talk about the top, i mean master level alliances. Never seen a YouTuber that's in a Master Ally. Every sigle person in the top alliances spend to stay there. If they say the don't, then they lie! Just the way the game is. If i buy two Odins right now, i can get my second rank 5 5star and i haven't even finished Act 5 100% for those two t5 basics. So... doesn't really seem fair. Although i do need an Odin for energy refills and gonna need a few revives for next months EQ. But i will wait till these deals expire tomorrow to get my Odin. 😊

The fact that these offers r made to everyone is fair. A person's financial situation is of their own doing and not kabam's interest. If ur broke and can't afford to buy it while someone else can, that is not kabam being unfair. That's life being unfair 2 u. Sorry :(
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    I'VE DECIDED NOT TO SPEND ON THESE CYBER MONDAY DEALS THIS YEAR BECAUSE IT WOULD AND ALWAYS DOES GIVE ME AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME AND IT'S NOT FAIR TO NON SPENDERS. THESE OFFERS GIVE YOU A 6 TO 9 MONTH BOOST WHEN SO MANY NON SPENDERS WORK SO HARD TO GET WHERE THEY ARE.

How isnt it fair? Everyone has the option to buy these deals? Just some choose to and some choose not to.

It would only be unfair if they offered these deals to a small select few players.
    There are youtubers who are free to play and show that if you put in the time to be in the top then you can achieve this.

Because if you are broke, then you don't have the option. So it's really not an option is it!. And when i talk about the top, i mean master level alliances. Never seen a YouTuber that's in a Master Ally. Every sigle person in the top alliances spend to stay there. If they say the don't, then they lie! Just the way the game is. If i buy two Odins right now, i can get my second rank 5 5star and i haven't even finished Act 5 100% for those two t5 basics. So... doesn't really seem fair. Although i do need an Odin for energy refills and gonna need a few revives for next months EQ. But i will wait till these deals expire tomorrow to get my Odin. 😊

Brian grant master allaince free to play

brian grant is the “only” person who is ftp in that alliance

He said several times before he is is falling behind when compared in masters alliance who spends money on deals.
  • Options
    Hey gang!

Just wanted to drop in and thank you all for the feedback on the Deals from today! Whether it be good or bad, it helps us for future iterations of Cyber Monday. So thank you for taking the time to swing by with your thoughts. :)
  • Options
    Rixob wrote: »
    This thread is for those free to play players, who are in platinum and masters bracket.
    I am a free to play player in platinum 1/2/3 and i looked at these offers and i was sadly disappointed.
    Mainly because of where I am in the game. In order for these deals to make any kind of sense to buy, i wouldve had to spend
    $300-500. That is not going to happen.

A free to play player could strategically save units during the year to aim specifically for the July 4 and Cyber Monday deals to optimize return on investment and spend no cash. 15k units is not easy to save up, but it isn't impossible to do that across six months.
  • Options
    Drooped1 wrote: »

Brian grant master allaince free to play

brian grant is the “only” person who is ftp in that alliance

He said several times before he is is falling behind when compared in masters alliance who spends money on deals.

That does not change the fact that he is in a master alliance now and got there being completely free to play. I'm sure he isn't the only such person in all of the game, he is just the most visible one. Even if he dropped out tomorrow, he would be the a priori refutation of the assertion that "every single person" in the top alliances had to spend to get there, and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.
  • Options
    Another comment I want to add though is to remember to keep this topic on the discussion of Cyber Monday and not anything else. Please and thank you. :)
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I think there was too big of a jump on the offers. The Tony’s briefcase didn’t even have an AG in it, and the Black Panther’s treasure offer had 3 quarters of a 5* plus a T2A.
  • Options
    I think there was too big of a jump on the offers. The Tony’s briefcase didn’t even have an AG in it, and the Black Panther’s treasure offer had 3 quarters of a 5* plus a T2A.

That might be an acknowledgement that at the progress point the TSB Cyber Monday offer is generally targeting duplicating 4* champions is happening quickly enough to make a 4* AG less valuable than rank up materials like T4CC. Across all of the cash and unit offers, the emphasis seems to be on rank up materials that are bottlenecks at different progress levels: T4B, T4CC, T2A, and T5B; the 5* AG in the 10k offer notwithstanding.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    That might be an acknowledgement that at the progress point the TSB Cyber Monday offer is generally targeting duplicating 4* champions is happening quickly enough to make a 4* AG less valuable than rank up materials like T4CC. Across all of the cash and unit offers, the emphasis seems to be on rank up materials that are bottlenecks at different progress levels: T4B, T4CC, T2A, and T5B; the 5* AG in the 10k offer notwithstanding.

Agreed. I have 119 4* champions, only Omega Red and Doctor Octopus aren't awakened. I'm sitting two 4* generic AGs, three 4* mystic AGs, and one 4* tech AG. I tend to use my 4* AGs after I grind basic arena for champions I don't have, that saves me the time of scoring top 10% twice to get them awakened.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    Its times like this i wish i could have the money to spend on this... but unfortunately my new mortgage says no.... everyone else getting a t5b and im just doomed to stay behind... even with a 5/65 domino ill never reach higher than the rest!
  • Options
    eagles1990eagles1990 Posts: 17
    Had some gift cards around from my birthday. Ended up getting 5* Ghost and 5* Domino out of it. It was worth it for me.
  • Options
    WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★

That's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot bro, why not go for the deals while they are here or do you not have the money to spend on them. If not don't worry I did not get to buy these deals myself because of a car insurance payment coming up. However if you are planing to spend the money anyway and have it budgeted go for it and get some sweet perks + your units.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    I got the 50$ deal and got a 5* blade :)))
  • Options
    onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    The currency conversion rate for SGD is really bad. Odin in USD is $100, if converted in our country is about $137, but the game is selling at SGD$149!
  • Options
    NLV88NLV88 Posts: 60
    Is anyone having any issues trying to make a purchase today? I keep getting a transaction can’t be completed message.

I notified Apple to see if it was on my end and according to them I shouldn’t have any issues.

Just wondering if any one was having similar issues?

FYI, I restarted both my app and my phone and no dice.
  • Options
    The currency conversion rate for SGD is really bad. Odin in USD is $100, if converted in our country is about $137, but the game is selling at SGD$149!

Complain to Apple and Google, they set the price conversions for their respective in-app stores. Conversions are based on a number of factors, and the current currency exchange rate is only one of those factors. Those conversions are only set periodically (generally monthly) and published to app vendors.
  • Options
    NLV88 wrote: »
    Is anyone having any issues trying to make a purchase today? I keep getting a transaction can’t be completed message.

I notified Apple to see if it was on my end and according to them I shouldn’t have any issues.

Hey there,

Do you have a screenshot of the message you are receiving? If so, could you send it to me in a PM?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Can anyone confirm pulling a decent 5* so far my alliance has vulture, rhino, colossus, beast, she hulk and the only decent 1 hulk, I remember the same thing last year on cyber Monday, I pulled NF DD and some other trash. Rigged perhaps?

Definitely not rigged

mrrwrpgfoxmb.jpg

v0sbt64914am.jpg

lg10zi22gx1c.jpg
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Might not have awakened ghost from the featureds like I wanted but finally awakened SL after years and my basic pulls were not roster changing but pretty good imo.
  • Options

Hey there,

Do you have a screenshot of the message you are receiving? If so, could you send it to me in a PM?

Hey mike, I don’t use this website too often so I can’t find where to on you. Could you send me a message first and I can send you a screen shot.

Thanks
  • Options

Hey there,

Hey mike, I don’t use this website too often so I can’t find where to on you. Could you send me a message first and I can send you a screen shot.

Thanks

Click on his name in the message above to go to his profile, and then look for the "Message" click on the right side.
  • Options
    onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    edited November 2018

Complain to Apple and Google, they set the price conversions for their respective in-app stores. Conversions are based on a number of factors, and the current currency exchange rate is only one of those factors. Those conversions are only set periodically (generally monthly) and published to app vendors.

or let us choose the currency of purchase ?
  • Options

Hey there,

Thanks

Click on his name in the message above to go to his profile, and then look for the "Message" click on the right side.

Thanks