**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Annihi-who?: Meeting New Characters in the Contest

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I lol'd at the comment about knowing everyone because I do know everyone to some greater or lesser extent. I had vaguely heard of The Champion, but I knew who others were more.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I stopped reading (Marvel) comics some 25 years ago, so I am not familiar with most of the champions in MCOC. I do, however, recall some that (still) haven't made it to the contest: Kraven, Tarantula, Lizard, Werewolf, Sandman, for instance. Are they still «alive» in the comics?
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    The Hood, Omega Red pretty much
  • Cutless_XCutless_X Posts: 53
    Sentry/Void was the 1st i had to research.
  • Tbh if they weren't in a cartoon when I was a kid, I probably know next to nothing about them. I don't think I've ever read an actual comic. The MCU has helped fill in a lot of gaps along the way.

And as Champions come along in game, I do some reading about them if they catch my eye or if their bio has interesting tidbits that pique my curiosity... Especially if they have an interaction with a character I'm already interested in.

A friend of mine on the Line app does backstory synopses for Champions as they come out. That's also helped me. He just hits the high points mainly but it gives me a good picture of the character and not just the fancy things they do lol. It's similar to the bios kabam does, just more. I think it'd be cool to have that type of deeper bio as an addendum to the spotlights.

Night thrasher, darkhawk, kamala, mephisto, Emma, iron patriot, the inhumans, pretty much every secondary character to the main bread and butter lmao. I'm probably outing myself as a noob a bit too much but oh well 😂😂😂
  • KestonDecker13KestonDecker13 Posts: 14
    I didn't know about Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Omega Red, Karnak and all the other inhumans in the game. I really want to learn more about the inhumans although I've heard that the tv show about them wasn't great
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Almost all, at that time I liked Marvel but only knew the classics.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Ahitlaw said:

Don’t laugh at me boys!

I didn’t know who Emma Frost or omega was :(

Sorry m8, I laughed a little
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Cutless_X said:

Sentry/Void was the 1st i had to research.

Dark Avengers is the greatest comic book arc of all time, read it. You'll become a huge void fan. Literally the only reason I started playing with him and then realized he's a dope character in game lol
  • Sampad13184Sampad13184 Posts: 15
    Guillotine, Morningstar, Aegon, The Champion, Symbiote Supreme, Venom the Duck these are the characters that kabam Made themselves so there is no chance that we will know them before.
    And the characters that were in Marvel comics but I didn't know about is Dark Hawk, Night Thrasher, massacre, Diablo, Omega Red, The Hood, Punisher 2099, Magik.

I stopped reading (Marvel) comics some 25 years ago, so I am not familiar with most of the champions in MCOC. I do, however, recall some that (still) haven't made it to the contest: Kraven, Tarantula, Lizard, Werewolf, Sandman, for instance. Are they still «alive» in the comics?

Kraven and Lizard both are. They're appearing in the Amazing Spider-Man "Hunted" arc that's currently running.

There's a pair of Tarantula characters now, the original died. The new ones are good guys.

Which Werewolf do you mean? Werewolf-by-Night, Warwolf or someone else?

Sandman's still alive. Recently been revealed to be immortal in fact.

Guillotine, Morningstar, Aegon, The Champion, Symbiote Supreme, Venom the Duck these are the characters that kabam Made themselves so there is no chance that we will know them before.
    And the characters that were in Marvel comics but I didn't know about is Dark Hawk, Night Thrasher, massacre, Diablo, Omega Red, The Hood, Punisher 2099, Magik.

The Champion is a Marvel comics character, not a Kabam OC.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87

Kabam created the champion? I hope Tom DeFalco doesn’t read this. The champion exists since the early 80s. He is obscure, but not new.
  • LethalProtectorLethalProtector Posts: 76
    If we are being 100% honest, I knew literally every character in the game minus the originals. My inner nerd came out when Diablo was released.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★

Kraven and Lizard both are. They're appearing in the Amazing Spider-Man "Hunted" arc that's currently running.

There's a pair of Tarantula characters now, the original died. The new ones are good guys.

The Werewolf I am talking about was JJJ' son. He was an astronaut and a stone entered his body. When he returned to Earth it made him become a Werewolf at night. Not sure I remember all the details right.
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    Hood, void, sentury, hyperion we’re all new to me. I was a big xmen and spiderman fan growing up so if they weren’t frequent visitors to those storylines in the late 80s thru late 90s i didn’t know much.
  • s1x_ms1x_m Posts: 2
    Didn't know who Hyperion was until I pulled him as my first 3-star...figured he was some bootleg Superman
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    I did not know who X-23 was until I watched Logan, and even then, it was only last December when I took the time to read her comic series.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    I wasn’t familiar with night thrasher, but I like him now.

The Werewolf I am talking about was JJJ' son. He was an astronaut and a stone entered his body. When he returned to Earth it made him become a Werewolf at night. Not sure I remember all the details right.
    Man-Wolf. He's still alive and was recently recruited to Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda supporting the Avengers.
  • Dhaval_45Dhaval_45 Posts: 6
    M waiting for Galactus, Silver Surfer & All-Father Odin.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Mephisto, morningstar, blade
  • solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    I didn't know who captain America and iron man were. Still don't know.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Before working here, I was a big fan of Marvel and always enjoyed learning about who else lived within its Universes. One of the joys of being part of this team is getting to see these characters I never knew about coming to life within The Contest...
    ...I wanted to drop by and ask if there has ever been a Champion or a character introduced to The Contest that you weren’t familiar with before seeing them in game? Who was it? Did you dive deeper to know more? I’m really curious to see who else had a moment like this in game.

Further to my prior answer, the best example for me was Vulture as I didn't get to see Spiderman: Homecoming to it was out on DVD. And SE-Spidey to a lesser extent.

He's not the most powerful character (in fact I've just put a redesign for him in the Champion Redesign thread), but I really kept flashing back to the game as I watched the movie and realising how closely his MCOC abilities matched those of the MCU version. Moments of hey! He's flying his wings around remotely! He's got a thermal laser! A decoy drone! And Spidey's got Taser webs!

It actually made me appreciate the MCOC champion more, and enjoy the movie more, too.
  • I didn't know much about Night Thrasher before MCOC, but I've been excited to read up on him since I found out about him!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    You learn a considerable amount not skipping dialogue and reading bios.
  • This has been fun to come back to and catch up on! It's interesting to see all the different mentions of who was known and who wasn't. Low key, jealous of the super fans who had known everyone entering The Contest. But I'm also glad to see that a lot of us are on the same page of catching up on who is who!
    Axo4545 said:

I lol'd at the comment about knowing everyone because I do know everyone to some greater or lesser extent. I had vaguely heard of The Champion, but I knew who others were more.

You mean you knew everyone except the ones that were created for the game and were never on any comics before. Don't worry that applies to me too so you aren't alone. Lol
    I kinda thought that went without saying.