**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Running low on gold :(":v2 Respectful Edition"

ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
Lets keep it respectful this time. Obviously there are many people who are pretty tight on resources, myself included.

I'm in a top tier alliance that is tier 1 in war And always top 300 in aq running map 6 once a week. Many players in my alliance and other alliances across the board are experiencing low gold reserves.

I am not asking for gold realms specifically, rather just an increase in resources as gold costs increase. For example, 5.2 only rewards about 300 gold per enemy kill, as does heroic event quest enemy kills. Harder content should have an increased rewards in respect to gold.

Ps yeah I know arena rewards gold, and I do arena a few hours per week, but I still find myself constantly running low. While I know some players have huge excess, this isn't the case for everyone.

Comments

• Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I would like a gold realm to replace the Sunday daily quest but this gold realm should have less gold than the ones the occasionally get released

This alternative I also support. Sunday is just filled with garbage. I hardly play those days
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    It's sad that the daily T2 quest produce more gold than 5.2. It isn't cheap ranking up champs. I took advantage of almost all of the initial gold realm quest. After a few R4 rank ups and numerous R5, I'm bone dry.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Chitlins wrote: »
    Lets keep it respectful this time. Obviously there are many people who are pretty tight on resources, myself included.

I'm in a top tier alliance that is tier 1 in war And always top 300 in aq running map 6 once a week. Many players in my alliance and other alliances across the board are experiencing low gold reserves.

I am not asking for gold realms specifically, rather just an increase in resources as gold costs increase. For example, 5.2 only rewards about 300 gold per enemy kill, as does heroic event quest enemy kills. Harder content should have an increased rewards in respect to gold.

Ps yeah I know arena rewards gold, and I do arena a few hours per week, but I still find myself constantly running low. While I know some players have huge excess, this isn't the case for everyone.

I have no problem with players asking for what they want, regardless of why they want it. But my question in situations like this is always what makes this specific shortage special? Will it not be true that if gold was plentiful something else would be the bottleneck instead? Maybe the devs respond and increase gold, and maybe they don't. But there's no question that they won't respond indefinitely. *Something* will be the bottleneck: that is a true statement. Given that, what would you rather the bottleneck be, if not gold.

Someone always says, at this point, that there should be no bottleneck: that all resources should be balanced in such a way that everything gets used up simultaneously. The problem with that statement is that a) this is impossible in the general case, and b) even if it was magically possible, the bottleneck would then be the rate at which new champions are earned. People would complain if they could level everything perfectly and everything was leveled to the max with exactly the resources they have, because then there would be nothing left to do but wait.

There has to be a bottleneck or there is no game.

Also, right now I have a megaton of gold, but I'm short t4cc to rank 4 my Iceman. Any change in the game that increases gold relative to other resources would help people short of gold and plentiful everything else, but it would just continue to increase that disparity for me. I wouldn't complain about it, but I point that out to highlight that any shift in resources towards one thing relative to everyone else helps one segment of the players and either hurts others or at least doesn't help them at all.

One last thing to consider: I suspect gold is becoming more of a bottleneck because T4 cats are less of a bottleneck, at least for some players. By making them more plentiful, they essentially increased the gold burn rate of using those resources. If we start asking for more gold because players are running out, there is the distinct possibility that would send the wrong message: that increasing t4 availability was a mistake.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I have no problem with players asking for what they want, regardless of why they want it. But my question in situations like this is always what makes this specific shortage special? Will it not be true that if gold was plentiful something else would be the bottleneck instead? Maybe the devs respond and increase gold, and maybe they don't. But there's no question that they won't respond indefinitely. *Something* will be the bottleneck: that is a true statement. Given that, what would you rather the bottleneck be, if not gold.

Someone always says, at this point, that there should be no bottleneck: that all resources should be balanced in such a way that everything gets used up simultaneously. The problem with that statement is that a) this is impossible in the general case, and b) even if it was magically possible, the bottleneck would then be the rate at which new champions are earned. People would complain if they could level everything perfectly and everything was leveled to the max with exactly the resources they have, because then there would be nothing left to do but wait.

Also, right now I have a megaton of gold, but I'm short t4cc to rank 4 my Iceman. Any change in the game that increases gold relative to other resources would help people short of gold and plentiful everything else, but it would just continue to increase that disparity for me. I wouldn't complain about it, but I point that out to highlight that any shift in resources towards one thing relative to everyone else helps one segment of the players and either hurts others or at least doesn't help them at all.

One last thing to consider: I suspect gold is becoming more of a bottleneck because T4 cats are less of a bottleneck, at least for some players. By making them more plentiful, they essentially increased the gold burn rate of using those resources. If we start asking for more gold because players are running out, there is the distinct possibility that would send the wrong message: that increasing t4 availability was a mistake.

To be honest I would rather have more gold than cats. I don't want to have to save t4cc crystals because they will expire in my inventory otherwise because I'm low on gold. If I have plentiful gold it will make me try harder to t4cc and when I get enough to rank a champ it will feel like more of a success.

You.make excellent points. And I don't think one needs to be sacrificed for the other. I'm not asking for huge hoards of gold. I'm not trying to constantly rank 5* champs, but if every other week I can r5 a 4* or r3 a 5* I will be happy. It's just as of now I can't really rank much of anything because I need donations for aq. And keep in mind it's still only map 6 once a week.

Not trying to be greedy at all. I want the game to be challenging and have to work for stuff. It makes the game fun. But I'm working hard for gold now as much as life permits and I'm barely breaking even without ranking anyone.

The bottleneck doesn't make sense to be gold, it made way more sense to keep it what we are actually competing for (upper tier catalysts).
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    edited August 2017
    As I said in the last one, since 5.2 is the new progression bar set by kabam. Why not replace the useless xp boosts with gold boosts. 10 and 20% ones that last the same time as the 20 and 40% xp ones did. When we actually get to rank 5/65 5* it will be very expensive. Just because you have a surplus now doesn't mean you always will.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    MrcMumble wrote: »
    As I said in the last one, since 5.2 is the new progression bar set by kabam. Why not replace the useless xp boosts with gold boosts. 10 and 20% ones that last the same time as the 20 and 40% xp ones did. When we actually get to rank 5/65 5* it will be very expensive. Just because you have a surplus now doesn't mean you always will.

XP boosts are worth 100 each in Item Use. Not "useless".
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I have always thought, and some MMOs do this, that when you hit the level cap the game should just give you gold equal to the XP you would have earned. That would also automatically implement a modified version of MrcMumble's suggestion, because XP boosts would become a form of gold boost implicitly, just not as strong of one (which might make the idea more likely for Kabam to consider also).

They could even make a Collector's favor boost where Uncollected doubled this XP->Gold exchange, or multiplied it by ten, or whatever number makes sense.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    You are running map 6 which costs more and returns no gold but gives you more end game materials. That's the trade off, deal with it. One way to deal with it is to find someone in your alliance with a surplus of gold who will trade other resources for your share.

Another way is to buy gold crystals with the extra glory you are earning from running map 6. It's all on you.
    edited August 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    You are running map 6 which costs more and returns no gold but gives you more end game materials. That's the trade off, deal with it. One way to deal with it is to find someone in your alliance with a surplus of gold who will trade other resources for your share.

Another way is to buy gold crystals with the extra glory you are earning from running map 6. It's all on you.

Map 6 isn't why I'm low on gold. It's because ranking up and leveling 5* champs is getting expensive as t4cc become more readily available. Map 6 only costs like 40k extra gold.

[removed by moderation]
    Post edited by TenebrousTenebrific on
    Yeah, those materials you are getting from glory and higher tiers that come from map 6 are toatally not enabling you to level and rank more champions while also taxing your gold. Hey look that's in my post but you ignored the point...

Don't come into treads where people bring up legitimate concerns and tell them "to just deal with it". That's all I ever see you do
    Yeah, those materials you are getting from glory and higher tiers that come from map 6 are toatally not enabling you to level and rank more champions while also taxing your gold. Hey look that's in my post but you ignored the point...

Not going to argue with you. Everyone else has been respectful so I'll just discuss with them.

One day of Map 6 costs you like 50k gold. One 5* to R3 takes 271k gold BEFORE ISO. Which do you think is the problem?

I have always thought, and some MMOs do this, that when you hit the level cap the game should just give you gold equal to the XP you would have earned. That would also automatically implement a modified version of MrcMumble's suggestion, because XP boosts would become a form of gold boost implicitly, just not as strong of one (which might make the idea more likely for Kabam to consider also).

They could even make a Collector's favor boost where Uncollected doubled this XP->Gold exchange, or multiplied it by ten, or whatever number makes sense.

Yeah this has been mentioned a few times and I'm always is support of it. I can't even begin to try and think of how many XP boosts I have sold
    edited August 2017
    No sorry I will share my opinion freely, don't think because you authors a thread on a public forum you can dictate what people post.

And you are arguing, poorly. Look at your absolutes, no wonder you can't identify what is causing your shortages and rectify it.
    No sorry I will share my opinion freely, don't think because you authors a thread on a public forum you can dictate what people post.

And you are arguing, poorly. Look at your absolutes, no wonder you can't identify what is causing your shortages and rectify it.
    So what's your response to my argument? Lol

What is you argument that over three weeks of time(time to get t4cc) he cannot accrue 421k gold (to pay for 6 and the rank)? He's not taking advantage of other areas of the game to build his gold over that period of time.

What is you argument that over three weeks of time(time to get t4cc) he cannot accrue 421k gold (to pay for 6 and the rank)? He's not taking advantage of other areas of the game to build his gold over that period of time.

You clearly don't understand my argument. when did I say it take a me three weeks to get t4cc? I have enough to R5 8 champs if I had the gold plus I get more than 1 per week. I take advantage of arena, which you also knew from our previous conversation.

Trust me it's best to ignore this guy. Doesn't understand that things get more expensive as the game progresses
    Irony police,

We have another one.

I'm talking about the game in General, not individual progression. Kinda figured you would understand I was talking about game progression by the way I said game progression
    edited August 2017

You clearly don't understand my argument. when did I say it take a me three weeks to get t4cc? I have enough to R5 8 champs if I had the gold plus I get more than 1 per week. I take advantage of arena, which you also knew from our previous conversation.
    So you get 3 t4cc a week? So yeah I don't understand a made up argument outside of reality.

Not sure you are taking proper advantage. I've got ~800k battleships behind and over 200 gold crystals as well.

RYC4x2a.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Coat is not far off. It's Inflow/Outflow. One of the primary sources for Gold is the Arena. Usually people who Grind have a steady flow. The more you use, the more you need to make to keep up. Running Maps 5 and 6 takes Gold. So does using the Resources you get from those Maps. Which means if you want to use them at the rate you make them, it's going to take more Gold. There is a pace to the game that allows steady and reasonable progress. Quite frankly, it takes a bit more than a few hours a week in the Arena to keep a steady flow. The unfortunate part about focusing on one or two aspects of the game is that the Resources come from all sources.
    edited August 2017

So you get 3 t4cc a week? So yeah I don't understand a made up argument outside of reality.

I could go without t4cc for weeks before I ran out of them, but I never have enough gold. I'm struggling to keep them from expiring. Do you not rank up many 5*? Honest question. I have 3 R4 5* and those cost over 1 million gold each, and that's just from R3 to R4.
    Just the ones who expect to take full advantage of the materials they earn on a weekly basis from spending gold on end game activity to earn end game materials.

@chitlins BTW practice what you preach. "Lets keep it respectful this time."

I agree with your last statement but you are intentionally pushing buttons and you know it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

Not sure you are taking proper advantage. I've got ~800k battleships behind and over 200 gold crystals as well.

RYC4x2a.png

You and stara are like the same person. Both of you clearly spend an obscene amount of time on the game and the fact you want everyone else to is a disservice to the entire community. You just want everyone else to suffer like you have. I mean honestly, do you think people should spend as much time on the arena as you do?

How much time people spend in the Arena is up to them, but in this case, that's a major source of income. The game is built on time and effort. We respect someone's focus and time available, but they can't claim a deficiency in Resources if they're not making the most of all avenues.

No. I get your point, but no. There is a limit to reasonableness and their entire argument is predicated on the absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of time they play the game. I don't understand how anyone would think that should be the norm or what it takes to have a basic progression in the game.

What would you me do? Drop alliance for two months while I build up some Gold? Never rank anyone new? Play arena for 11 hours a day?

What you do is up to you. If you want to spend big, you need to make big. That takes effort. What you're asking for is more Gold for less effort.
    Just the ones who expect to take full advantage of the materials they earn on a weekly basis from spending gold on end game activity to earn end game materials.

@chitlins BTW practice what you preach. "Lets keep it respectful this time."

It's honestly how you talk to people that gets you so many down votes. I'm totally fine with you having an opinion but the way you say things is completely rude.
  • Alright everybody,

Like the post says, let's keep this respectful. We've deleted a number of posts in this thread, and don't want to have to continue to clean up the thread. Remember, this is an open forum, which means that everybody is welcome to their opinion.

It does not, however, mean that we should be calling each other names, or calling each other out in a rude fashion. Remember the rules of the Forums. You all agreed to abide by them when you joined the forums, and must stick to them when posting.

RYC4x2a.png

You and stara are like the same person. Both of you clearly spend an obscene amount of time on the game and the fact you want everyone else to is a disservice to the entire community. You just want everyone else to suffer like you have. I mean honestly, do you think people should spend as much time on the arena as you do?

How much time people spend in the Arena is up to them, but in this case, that's a major source of income. The game is built on time and effort. We respect someone's focus and time available, but they can't claim a deficiency in Resources if they're not making the most of all avenues.

No. I get your point, but no. There is a limit to reasonableness and their entire argument is predicated on the absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of time they play the game. I don't understand how anyone would think that should be the norm or what it takes to have a basic progression in the game.

What would you me do? Drop alliance for two months while I build up some Gold? Never rank anyone new? Play arena for 11 hours a day?

What you do is up to you. If you want to spend big, you need to make big. That takes effort. What you're asking for is more Gold for less effort.

No, what I'm asking, for the thousandth time, is an update the ways gold can be made. Because for MANY players (do you see all the threads now?) of all caliber, the gold inflow is no longer sustainable, which makes SENSE because the game has not give us more ways to actually get gold since the games incetion. God I'm so tired of both of you taking my argument and just changing it into something you can actually argue. Point blank just answer these bloody questions:
    1. Are there more ways to obtain champions and catalyst?
    2. Are these champions more expensive (I.e 5*)
    3. Is arena the main source of gold?
    4. Has this or the value of it changed, ever?

Sheesh. Can't wait to see how that one gets spun. Ask me again if I do arena.