**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thing sp3 bug

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
When at 20 rock stacks thing’s sp3 doubles the fury potency of all his fury effects by 100%, however this doesn’t seem to be working with his champion synergy furies, my 4-55 thing with 8 champion furies was hitting for 11k on a light before sp3 and 13k without, and the numbers don’t add up, most recent game and iOS (not 13) game mode everywhere but as an example it’s easy to recreate against rol ws

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Also was just watching searin’s new vid and this happened in that aswell

I never did the math but numbers seemed off to me as well. This should be a pretty huge boost in damage.

Yeah, his damage should just under double with the champion synergy but it only seems to increase the small furies
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    It would help to show a video & provide additional info they normally ask for (device & OS info, mcoc version, mode if gameplay, etc....)
    MikeHock said:

It would help to show a video & provide additional info they normally ask for (device & OS info, mcoc version, mode if gameplay, etc....)

It happens literally everywhere with every device and os
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Here are some screenshots if it helps (all damage values were medium non-crits).
    1. No furies (687 damage)
    2. 60 ‘rock stack’ furies (2074 damage)
    3. 60 ‘rock stack furies’ + 6 ‘The Champion synergy’ furies (6776 damage)
    4. 60 ‘rock stack furies’ + 6 ‘The Champion synergy‘ furies, after a SP3 triggered at 20 rock stacks (8780 damage)

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yeah, noticed with my 4/40 Thing today doing some practice on V2. Hope this gets fixed as I'm planning to R5 him and try to get the V2 clear as soon as I pull a Hela.
  • This has been passed along to the rest of the team to take a look at.

This has been passed along to the rest of the team to take a look at.

Thanks
  • The team double-checked and the 100% increase in strength for Fury effects that Thing gets from his SP3 is only supposed to increase the Fury he gets from his Rock Stacks and SP3. It is not supposed to interact with Fury effects from outside his base kit, like synergies or nodes. This is part of why the Fury effects he gets from his synergy with the Champion can be as strong as they are, each one being a 100% Fury that lasts for the rest of the fight.

The team double-checked and the 100% increase in strength for Fury effects that Thing gets from his SP3 is only supposed to increase the Fury he gets from his Rock Stacks and SP3. It is not supposed to interact with Fury effects from outside his base kit, like synergies or nodes. This is part of why the Fury effects he gets from his synergy with the Champion can be as strong as they are, each one being a 100% Fury that lasts for the rest of the fight.

Just wondering? What’s the point of updating thing if that’s how he works now? Or is it just a description thing then?
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I might have missed something. Thing’s SP3 description states “If Thing has 20 Rock Stacks, all his fury effects are +100% stronger.”

Is the suggestion that the description will be changed to match how he works, rather than him be fixed to work how he’s described?
    Zeezoos said:

I might have missed something. Thing’s SP3 description states “If Thing has 20 Rock Stacks, all his fury effects are +100% stronger.”

Is the suggestion that the description will be changed to match how he works, rather than him be fixed to work how he’s described?

The post was about making it actually work for his chanpion synergy furies, which by how it’s worded it should, but instead from what I see kabam have decided to just change the description to say it won’t include the champion ones, could be wrong but that’s what’s going on to my understanding
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Why another nerf to a character and ability that helps players?

Thing's SP3 is clearly written to improve all Fury buffs by 100%. Why are you nerfing him when he's following the rules of how his SP3 is described?

He's ridiculously hard to use to take advantage of this and also requires a specific team. Not all of us have every 5* character so this requirement is another gate for most players who have yet to complete Act 6 content.
  • GamerKniteGamerKnite Posts: 181 ★★
    edited December 2019
    Okay so imma be real here , a few people are upset about this thing "nerf"...me personally I really don't see the big deal here. It reads fixing an issue where things furies off of sp3 can not gain additional damage from outside sources such as synergies / nodes etc. Other fury champions don't get buffed on nodes and synergies (atleast from my understanding). To me I think it's fair, thing will still perform the same . I wanna hear other people's opinion on the matter 🤔
  • GamerKniteGamerKnite Posts: 181 ★★
    Look imma be real here about the thing nerf , he really isn't getting nerfed in my opinion they are just making it to where he cant gain crazy amount of damage off of sp3 furies from outside sources such as synergies or nodes. To me this is fair because I don't see other fury champions getting crazy amount of damage from synergies or nodes ( atleast in my opinion) let me know what you think ?
  • Fuzzy_Fuzzy_ Posts: 58
    We are a month after the last post on this topic and my new thread was closed by Kabam in reference to this old discussion. This feels like buying an important discussion. So here is my opinion on the matter:

The upcoming release notes state:
    "THING: Special 3 will now only increase the potency of Furies he gets from removing Rock Stacks."

The patch notes show me developers are nerfing a big draw to Thing. His sp3 is going to do a LOT less damage now, since all videos showing damage relied upon:
    1) The Champion synergy fury up to maybe 9 stacks of +100% damage
    2) Heimdall synergy fury bringing +15% damage

Neither of these 2 synergies will now will play into the sp3 anymore. My r5 Thing is a lot less useful now. And the hype created by YouTubers and my alliance mates was misleading in a big part due to the Champion synergy.

This seems like the sort of thing that should fall under the same champion selling structure for Namor and Cull. Or at least a rank down, right?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited January 2020
    So, the thread from Aug to Dec last year was questioning “why doesn’t it seem to apply” to those other Fury's.

And now apparently looks like they will change the Abilities Description (?) of Thing to define it is NOT supposed to.

So, was there ever a time when IT DID actually apply to those other Fury's ???

So guess the question is “are they actually changing any inner working for Thing ?”, or is this modification mentioned in the upcoming Feb. Change Notes just a wording change to reflect what has already been happening all along (or at least since the beginning of this thread last August) ??
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2020

So, the thread from Aug to Dec last year was questioning “why doesn’t it seem to apply” to those other Fury's.

And now apparently looks like they will change the Abilities Description (?) of Thing to define it is NOT supposed to.

So, was there ever a time when IT DID actually apply to those other Fury's ???

So guess the question is “are they actually changing any inner working for Thing ?”, or is this modification mentioned in the upcoming Feb. Change Notes just a wording change to reflect what has already been happening all along (or at least since the beginning of this thread last August) ??

Pretty sure he's always worked the same. This is basically a description change to make the description match what he's been doing all along. This is exactly why people get upset with Kabam. A better explanation sooner would keep people from getting wound up. When I first seen the update notes I was pretty mad, thinking there was an actual nerf from where he's at now. Of course a better description at release would have prevented all the questions too but it happens. They just need to get better at communicating.

But I could be totally wrong it could actually be a change in how he works, don't think so but rereading Kabams comment more clarification would help.