**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Sparhauk wrote: »
    What about t2 alpha? Easy ti get like t1!?

I don't think they'll be as easy to get as Tier 1 Alphas, but we are looking into making them more accessible as well.

So status quo on alphas, they will be more accessible in the store is what you meant. You still can't get them but there will be weekly offers for 1 t2A at 29.99 correct

No, it will be 1,200 shards towards a T2A for $29.99US.

But you'll be able to buy it daily!!!
  • Options
    Long time players in my alliance are already talking about quitting after the current AQ ends. The 6* announcement took all the wind from their sails. Honestly I am considering it as well. The realization of never catching up to any degree is disheartening. And realizing all the grinding done to increase the roster with basic 4*s is useless with the challenger rating. A 3/30 or 4/40 4* will be useless against a 6* because of CR. The very best players could do it but they won't need to as they will have many 5*s to choose from.
  • Options
    ddarkoddarko Posts: 11
    Awesome! So I will be able to get a 6* IP by 2021. Man, I'm going to own the contest then.

lol yea.

Also, it turns out, the best way to play MCOC is to actually not grind, develop skill, or pay. No, you must just WAIT! If you wait long enough, the game will just make that whatever star champ you were chasing for "more available" by the time you return to the game.
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »
    DalBot wrote: »
    Once again since moderators are avoiding this:

5 stars ABSOLUTELY made 3*s obsolete. So now 4*s will be obsolete to. So why make us use T4CC to rank them up anymore if they're going to be useless in a few months?

We will not be changing the recipe to Rank Up 4-Star Champions, but with this much notice, you'll be able to decide if it's worth your while to upgrade 4-Stars, 5-Stars, or hold for 6-Stars. We've also made big strides in making those rank up materials easier to obtain, and will be doing more going forward.

But you haven't made it easier to hold them without them expiring. It would be a good idea to try to involve some of the people who actually play the game when making changes like this.

Dr. Zola

Like we said, this is still months away. That may also end up happening.
  • Options
    rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5* (and eventually 6*). While increasing or removing the cap on T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start, it is pointless without the increased availability of the other resources.
  • Options

5 stars ABSOLUTELY made 3*s obsolete. So now 4*s will be obsolete to. So why make us use T4CC to rank them up anymore if they're going to be useless in a few months?

We will not be changing the recipe to Rank Up 4-Star Champions, but with this much notice, you'll be able to decide if it's worth your while to upgrade 4-Stars, 5-Stars, or hold for 6-Stars. We've also made big strides in making those rank up materials easier to obtain, and will be doing more going forward.

Animejay70 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Knowing this why would anyone waste t5b or t2a now? You know they will be the lower rank needed materials

This is why we're telling you all so far out. This will let you make informed decisions when deciding on which Champions to invest your time and resources into!

i literally ranked to 5* to rank 4 this week. I"m really unhappy with this plan. WILL T2A be MORE accessible?

Absolutely! We're working on some things that you'll start seeing soon. Again, this is quite a ways away, and lots might change in the Contest in that time.

Okay understood so will we be seeing 5* or 6* version of our top players like
    1) Star-lord
    2) Thor
    3) Black widow
    4) wolverine
    5) captain America WW-11
    6) DD CLASSIC

OR we are stuck again with 6* magic or 6* Mordo or better yet 6* NC or 6* spidey.

How the future looks for champs like Thor, BW, wolvie and DD?? That should be answerable right??

And can we select which champion we want as 6 * rather than waiting for the crystal luck.. there are so many unuseful 5* champs already ..
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    You plan on making 4*s worthless because of challenger rating?

Fine.

This is what you need to do.

Destroy the T4C wall. Toss out T4Cs like it's candy.
    Make T1A, T4Bs, and T2As 10x more accessible.

You don't want to lower the shard cost of 5*?

Fine!

Make 4* and 5* shards 10x more accessible.
    Lower the cost of ranking 4* and 5*s similar to what 3*s and 4*s are right now.

You have to make significant adjustments to this game or else 99.9% of the player base can't progress. You can't cater to the top 0.1% Kabam. Cause that's all this 6* **** will do under the current system.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    DrZola wrote: »

But you haven't made it easier to hold them without them expiring. It would be a good idea to try to involve some of the people who actually play the game when making changes like this.

Dr. Zola

Like we said, this is still months away. That may also end up happening.

There is no point in getting people involved on HOW to make a 6-star. You should have asked if we needed a 6-star in the first place. Now its too late, unless Kabam suddenly realizes their mistake and scraps this idea. BUT, given the way the world works, I highly doubt Kabam can do that without a huge investor backlash.
  • Options
    Knowing this why would anyone waste t5b or t2a now? You know they will be the lower rank needed materials

This is why we're telling you all so far out. This will let you make informed decisions when deciding on which Champions to invest your time and resources into!

i literally ranked to 5* to rank 4 this week. I"m really unhappy with this plan. WILL T2A be MORE accessible?

Absolutely! We're working on some things that you'll start seeing soon. Again, this is quite a ways away, and lots might change in the Contest in that time.

@Kabam Miike which champion exactly. It is a very vague answer to tell all but not some..
    Can you be specific which champs would be available in 5* repository??
  • Options
    CappyCappy Posts: 132
    I feel that this will essentially wreck Summoner Advancement for the next 5 months as why would we want to put any resources into 4 and 5*'s until changes are made to 5* ranking requirements.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    T4cc wall? What does that even mean?

I have 46 t4cc and 8 expiring, never played map6 in my life, please explain.????
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    rjancasz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5* (and eventually 6*). While increasing or removing the cap on T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start, it is pointless without the increased availability of the other resources.

Seriously, I've seen gold asked about 14 times on this thread alone. And the there seems to be 0 answers on t2a availability. I want specifics since I've already got 3 R4 5*
  • Options

Okay understood so will we be seeing 5* or 6* version of our top players like
    1) Star-lord
    2) Thor
    3) Black widow
    4) wolverine
    5) captain America WW-11
    6) DD CLASSIC

OR we are stuck again with 6* magic or 6* Mordo or better yet 6* NC or 6* spidey.

How the future looks for champs like Thor, BW, wolvie and DD?? That should be answerable right??

And can we select which champion we want as 6 * rather than waiting for the crystal luck.. there are so many unuseful 5* champs already ..

We're too far out to discuss which Champions will be the first 6-Stars. But look forward to more information about this as we get closer to launch!
  • Options
    Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Okay ignoring the obvious about rank up items, let me at least ask something that I've been maybe not so seriously curious about.

What will 6-star champion frame/border/design look like?
    4-stars are golden, 5-stars are larva-ish like etc. So what will the 6-stars come with?

Also, 5-stars have this unique +15 extra levels per rank (4/55, 5/65) How will it be for the 6-star Champions?
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    Let's just be honest, 6*s are coming because people are still blowing through content with 4 and 5 star champs.
  • Options
    SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22
    @Kabam Miike Is there an address to write a letter to express just how horrible of an idea this is to your upper management team? I realize as a worker of the company, you have little to know power to advocate for the actual users of the game. If the money-hungry management realizes they will finally chase away their cash cows, perhaps they may reconsider.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    quando213 wrote: »
    And here I am, still waiting for a 4* Deadpool.
    Yes we need a unit offer for him now!
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5*. While increasing or removing the cap on T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start,

Actually, we've replied to those comments numerous times. Not every resource will be available as much as others, and you're going to have to decide what content you finish to get what, and how you spend resources like Glory, but we are making rank up materials more available, and have been doing so for quite some time.

Gold is just as available as ever, but it's up to you how you'd like to go about getting that.

What is the point of making things more available when you are releasing the stronger version of the same thing months away?

I am also not sure Gold is available abundantly. Unless your job in life is gold mining, you are not going to have enough gold. I swear, sometimes I wonder if you are making a game for people to play, or a job for people to do.
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    So don't bother grinding for Dormammu?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    ddarko wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5*. While increasing or removing the cap on T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start,

Actually, we've replied to those comments numerous times. Not every resource will be available as much as others, and you're going to have to decide what content you finish to get what, and how you spend resources like Glory, but we are making rank up materials more available, and have been doing so for quite some time.

Gold is just as available as ever, but it's up to you how you'd like to go about getting that.

What is the point of making things more available when you are releasing the stronger version of the same thing months away?

I am also not sure Gold is available abundantly. Unless your job in life is gold mining, you are not going to have enough gold. I swear, sometimes I wonder if you are making a game for people to play, or a job for people to do.

Gold is very available, i have never had nothing less than 6 million, dont rank up every single champ. Use your resources wisely!
  • Options
    Demon91Demon91 Posts: 1
    Game has bugs , parry evade and block after every update is messed up. Skill is not important , having good hero and money is. And you want to add 6* to messed up game ...
  • Options
    @everyone else
    Those of you who just bought the recent t4 deal and used it to r5/50 one or two of your 4*s. How do you feel about that purchase now?
    I mean, challenger rating of 6* in new content is gonna render our 4*s borderline worthless.

I think there's a misunderstanding of what Challenger Rating is. You should take a read right here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained
  • Options
    rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29

I guess that is my answer. You are not going to make the needed resource more available than they currently are, despite the fact that increased 5* availability has increased the demand for those resource by at least 5x what it previously was. Good to know. I'll let my alliance know. As it is, we have to sit on all T4C crystals (and any containing shards) because of the imbalance.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    ddarko wrote: »

Gold is very available, i have never had nothing less than 6 million, dont rank up every single champ. Use your resources wisely!

Agreed, I have 36m gold and nothing to use it on.